It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ventura's show is waking people up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Ventura's new show adds absolutely nothing to the conspiracy movement due to the following reasons:

1) Like any other show on TV, its purpose is to make money and capitalize on the public's growing interest in conspiracies. Remember, Ventura was an actor in his two previous professions (the fake worlds of wrestling and politics).

2) Another purpose is to provide those who have limited knowledge of these conspiracies with half-truths and controlled information which is still part of the big lie. Yeah sure, these viewers might think they are getting the expensive juicy filet mignon, when in fact they are getting scraps of cheap by-products.

3) To have people discuss insignificant, distracting and contentious theories, such as how 9/11 was accomplished, instead of why and by whom.

Sorry, but a corny over-dramatized one hour show on these issues isn't even going to begin to crack the ice. If anything, its intent is to add more confusion and leave the viewer with more questions than answers.

In essence, this is what they WANT you to see!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ok people BACK OFF for a second! This is getting ridiculous!

First of all the show IS waking people up. Some members here claim that they don't elaborate enough on the information presented. Are you kidding me!? The show JUST aired and you want them to release all the information that is known to us to be spilled out like that? Well, to put it simply the people will stop watching because it is overload. Even US here at ATS did not know everything there is to know of conspiracies in such a short period of time.

Others complain on how is it possible that the show is able to aired without being shut off. Have you taken the time to think about how not everything is controlled YET by "The Powers That Be"? For example, how is it that Ron Paul is able to speak his mind on what the governments is doing without the "Power That Be" being able to stop him?

Sure the show is corny and over dramatized but IS getting the message out to the blind sheep!

[edit on 2-1-2010 by ThePowerOfOne]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

look up benjamin fulford, theres some great interviews that hes participated in poseted on this site and project camelot. he'll tell you all about the other factions of organized world power the same ones that have got his back (6+million members in one particular secret society). possibly the ones protecting ventura as well

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think people are agitated by this show for the same reason many are agitated by Alex Jones: "What makes him so special? I know a lot more and could do it so much better! And people listen to him, but dismiss what I say! Hmmph!"

It's the same thing you see in every hobby, obsession, profession. Watch someone put a ton of effort into programming a complicated computer game, and recieve little attention for it, then someone comes along with a simple, amateur idea that people love and adore. They'll have the EXACT same reaction.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My guess on why its on TV -

There are more 'leaks' these days (climategate, TSA Warrents, Yahoo spy) and likely more coming because people have the tools (internet), are encouraged when they see other leaks, some are waking up ...
Letting programs like this on the air prepares people and lessens the shock value when leaks do happen.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I saw the vaccine episode in part on Alex Jones' site. Once again, I believe his approach did more harm than good, just as in the case with Charlie Sheen. I sometimes wonder what the hell Jones and co. are trying to do. If he is serious about wanting to get information out, he should be well aware that this is not the kind of content that you just blast out at people all in one shot. It's a bit too much for someone who doesn't know the history and the details.

Add the above facts to the over-exaggerated drama and you have the makings of a show that will surely make the conspiracy theorists look like numbskulls. The whole thing (at least with that episode) is way over the top. Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura have both been very vocal about 9/11 and much of their information appears credible. The thing is, they wind up undermining the efforts when they put out this kind of program.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by InfiniteSoul

I'm sorry, but I just can't warm up to that Benjamin Fulford character. He just doesn't come off as credible. Maybe I just haven't given him enough of a listen.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Nice pic of Clint, i used to work as a limo driver in To and got to drive both him and dennis H in the same week for a film festival..spent a week with Dennis, but clint was the guy who really put a smile on my face. Anyhow back to the subject matter. What Jesse is doing is admirable and fantastic in my book, i even posted a link on my local favourite activity website and havn't been banned for doing so. What i liked was that the HAARP has been exposed for what it could possibly be doing, #2 the interview with Bernard Eastlands son and Bernards original intention ie using it to help mankind rather than a weapon of war. I also agree that all the details may be too much for the common man/woman, most people don't even know who nikkola Tesla was, yes they may have heard of Marconni, but not Tesla or Rudolph Reich I was also very surprised that the PTB allowed this to air too, but then again there are movies coming out of hollywood that are very close to the truth too. This is a bit off topic, but a series out of england on masterpiece theatre called "The Last Enemy" is well worth the watch re RFID ing which i think the christmas day thing is leading up to. My 3 cents..cheers all, and cover your ass at all costs or at least have a C drive cleaner!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This show is a joke. The reason the elite have allowed this on tv is because it is a total mockery of conspiracy theories. Seriously, it is laughable. As a matter of fact I have been in tears on several occasions watching this show. With Ventura's Sears Tower-size overbite and the overly dramatic, soap opera- like presentation of the 'fact team' I find myself wanting to change the channel but continuing to watch for it's comedic value.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Stunt AND reply to post by hypattia

I agree with both of you.

Originally posted by hypattia
I think it is only because they think, most people will not take any of it seriously.

hypattia. Yes. That is what I was getting at with the pros and cons. You have some that will take it seriously, some that will not, some that will ridicule it and hurt chances of others who could of potentially took it seriously, who now will look at it as garbage , etc, etc, etc. The list goes on.

From our standpoint, all we can do is hope for the best.

reply to post by ThePowerOfOne

Yes. It may be "waking" SOME people up. Although my concern is the following:

Most television programs are for entertainment purposes only, even the so called "educational" programs.

When we watch television, whether you know it or not, it affects our psyche. Personally, what happens to me is, after I watch about an hour of television, I feel as if I slipped out of "reality" for an hour, as if I entered a semi-sleep state that transported me to a different "reality". Then when I am finished watching, I feel as if I just woke up. It is difficult to convey the feeling via words but this only occurs after television, and not when reading a book or being on the internet. I expect others should feel the same.

Now, in light of what I just said, when this conspiracy program is juxtaposed to all the other garbage we are barraged with on a daily basis, can you really expect the the human psyche to fully believe and comprehend what is being presented? When a fellow human flips the channel, do you really expect the human psyche to switch from accepting it as a dream "reality", to accepting it as fact?

My point is, if what I feel after I watch television is true for all of us humans or at least most of us, then it may do more harm than good.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199
This show is a joke. The reason the elite have allowed this on tv is because it is a total mockery of conspiracy theories. Seriously, it is laughable. As a matter of fact I have been in tears on several occasions watching this show. With Ventura's Sears Tower-size overbite and the overly dramatic, soap opera- like presentation of the 'fact team' I find myself wanting to change the channel but continuing to watch for it's comedic value.

thats because you are not smart enough to understand the reasons a tv show is made the way you just described

sorry, but this is the truth, dont u like to hear it?

[edit on 3-1-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I have to agree with you. When I first heard of this show I was really excited, then I realized that is was going to on MS TV, so how much truth would he really be able to expose. I have watched every episode anyway, and that just confirmed what you are saying. For one, he was the Governor of Minnesota and said he would expose the secrets he learned from being in office, but all I have heard is stuff that i have already read on the internet. Nothing new and nothing that can be proven without a reasonable doubt. Then he had Alex Jones on two episodes so far and that also killed it for me. It is amazing what people want to believe because the want to believe it, but if he was doing a Anti conspiracy theory show to debunk all the CT out there, the same people would say, "well it's on MS TV so what do you expect, of course he's going to lie". Please people don't believe that he's going to tell the 100% truth on NATIONAL TV, GET REAL!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

So you must believe everything that's on Fox news, CNN etc. These are the same people who are running this show. Who do think put this program on air?? People like me and you, I don't think so. We are so easily fooled.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Boy is this thread the truth, Just today my ex mentioned the show and i was shocked he is probably the most closed minded person when it comes to things like that he thinks im a goof for belonging to this forum, and when he said somthing about it was too weird. I missed it but am going to find a link and watch it. Thanks

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by femmefreud

If this show is the only thing that is " waking people up" then Im sorry to say that all those people are still asleep and more importantly and going to made fools of because you still can't prove any thing Ventura has been saying and I doesn't help that Alex Jones is one of his sources. He was the Governor for god's sake and he has yet to call out ANYONE ON THE GOVERNMENT AT ALL!!! Do you understand that, HE HAS YET TO CALL OUT ANYONE IN THE GOVERNMENT AT ALL!!!! HE HAS NOT EXPOSED ANYTHING THAT IS NOT ALREADY ON THE INTERNET. OH WAIT, HE EXPOSED INFRAGUARD, WHICH ARE [uCIVILIANS SPYING ON OTHER CIVILIANS.,., HE EXPOSED REGULAR PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND ME, BUT NOT ANYONE IN OUR GOVERNMENT. GET A CLUE ALREADY!!

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by canihavemyvoteback
reply to post by femmefreud

If this show is the only thing that is " waking people up" then Im sorry to say that all those people are still asleep and more importantly and going to made fools of because you still can't prove any thing Ventura has been saying and I doesn't help that Alex Jones is one of his sources. He was the Governor for god's sake and he has yet to call out ANYONE ON THE GOVERNMENT AT ALL!!! Do you understand that, HE HAS YET TO CALL OUT ANYONE IN THE GOVERNMENT AT ALL!!!! HE HAS NOT EXPOSED ANYTHING THAT IS NOT ALREADY ON THE INTERNET. OH WAIT, HE EXPOSED INFRAGUARD, WHICH ARE [uCIVILIANS SPYING ON OTHER CIVILIANS.,., HE EXPOSED REGULAR PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND ME, BUT NOT ANYONE IN OUR GOVERNMENT. GET A CLUE ALREADY!!

Someone's fired up!!!

Another thing that bugged me about the vaccine episode was the remark Jones made to Ventura as he's pointing his finger in his face: "They want to kill YOU!" Then Ventura, with a look of feigned shock, says, "ME?!!" Ventura then hightails it back to his "people"and reveals the death plot, not failing to proclaim, "They're out to kill ME!" And in response, everyone's mouths drop open and they have a (badly acted) gasp of shock...

How are people supposed to take this seriously? As they produce these episodes, can't they see how this approach is detrimental? Frankly, if I was a person who was completely unaware of these conspiracies, and my first introduction to the topic was through this program, I would think it was only for entertainment purposes. It wouldn't instill in me a need to investigate further.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I watched the bilderburg episode...how ridiculous. And I believe in some of the theories behind the group.

He may be waking people up, but all it goes to show is that people will believe anything they see on TV.

All he does is go around talking to people and believing whatever he is told. And many of the people he talks to are nothing more then conspiracy theorists! Great investigating Ventura!! haha, Is he literally gonna believe in every single conspiracy theory he comes across while making this show?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner
I'm all for it except for the massive dramatization, and unfounded information it presents as absolute facts. My mom called me to tell me about the show, not know that I already knew about the crap way before the show. I haven't watch the show much, but she spewed some pretty unfounded "facts" she got from it. The show is silly, and isn't really helping much. I would suggest Penn and Teller BS over this show any hour of the day.

funny, I find BS to be very goal oriented and manipulative in order to achieve the agenda with guided logic... However it is their profession to lead people to specific conclusions,
they do that well, presto.

I like Ventura, just touching on the subjects is good enough, stimulates the brain instead
of a blatant trip to the other barn.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh please!!

Some people here are arguing that he has yet to change the world by contacting government officials. Are kidding me!? The show is not about getting answers, it is about conspiracy theories that are out there and him trying to "logically" explain them. If logic does not work, then he poses an explanation on what "might" occur or has occur. Then you generate your own conclusion after you have watch the show. If the person is wise and is still intrigue then he will go research. If he forgets everything like many of us then he is still the sheep.

Some of you guys argue how is this suppose to be taken seriously. It is not suppose to!! The show is entertainment/drama/documentary in that order! Try to "wake up" a lot of people with a documentary. You are NOT gonna get too far. That's the harsh reality.

@Unlimitedpossibilities

I completely agree with you. Most TV show are mind numbing. I also agree that this show does not convey the absolute truth but something is better than anything in this case. You give them a little comedy/drama and then you make them think on "what if".

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Shows like this can only open some eyes that have been closed...There is a lot of sheep out their who dont even want to know the truth..whatever the truth may be..

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join