It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of more than 500 animals found at Philadelphia home

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Remains of more than 500 animals found at Philadelphia home

www.cnn.com

Philadelphia SPCA enforcement officers were first called to the home over the weekend to tend to two emaciated dogs. The organization said that after obtaining a search warrant, its officers found the home littered with animal remains. The officers also found an AK-47, ammunition, dozens of knives and an altar with candles, the group said.

Philadelphia police were called after that, and Wednesday's search resulted.

The dogs were dirty and malnourished. They were put in protective custody
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.examiner.com

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This is a very disturbing topic to me. Like it or not, animal sacrifice is legal. There for it does happen. Even if you are some one who respects all religion I think this is still something that is very dark in any religion. Of the five hundred remains of animals that were found most were chickens. In adation there was most every type of farm animal, and two primates. The dogs were said to be mal nourished. That point alone may be what brings charges against those people responsible.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Philadelphia? Was that Vick's house by chance?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I've always wondered why people get more 'worked up' over animal abuse than child abuse. Not that we aren't outraged when child abuse happens, please understand. But we seem to react differently when the victims are animals.

I've thought about this, and come to the conclusion its because animals are innocent. In my experience, the animals I've had in my life have all been forgiving of my foilibles, loving, and just.....well...good. Which makes abuse of animals heinous in the extreme.

I agree with you, OP. Stuff like this really disturbs me. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

S&F

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Animal abuse is no laughing matter but if animal malnourishment is criminal then so should child malnourishment. I see ghetto families who buy those crates of Ramen at the store for their young children likely without any semblance how to eat healthy.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I doubt many times the police even tell about these crimes.

Satanist activities are probably quite common in the land of usa.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Funny, we were thinking and writing similar things at the same time! You put it very nicely.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who is posting

The common theam seemed to be why not get worked up over child abuse. The answer they way I might see it is, this is about brutal killing, ripping apart and placing on display an animal for no other purpose then what is being called a spiritual act. Which is legal if done humanely

The mad emcon is to illustrate I still don't like it.
If any thing like that were to happen to a human the arrest would be swift, and likely capital punishment, laws are not the same for the animals.
That can be weighed against charges of child abuse being filed against some one for spanking the kid on the butt.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

I hate it whenever I read about any animal abuse. I make it a point not to view such news because it disturbs me deeply for days on end

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Sorry, I think you misunderstood my comment about the child abuse. My fault, I didn't put it very well.

I wasn't saying that we should ignore animal abuse and concentrate on child abuse. I was merely pondering why it is that our society seems to get more....visceral....about animal abuse. I did not in any way mean to imply that animal abuse should be ignored or tolerated.

I, too, find it interesting that deliberately harming an animal is 'against the law', albiet ususally a misdemenor charge, unless it is done in the name of religion. Very disturbing....does anyone know the legalities of using animals in religious cerimonies?

Again, I hope this cleared up my intentions.

And the mad smiliey isn't mad enough, imo.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Animal and child abuse (on any level) is disgusting and unacceptible in a society that calls itself 'civilized'.

I was shocked to read that you say 'animal sacrifice' is legal ... are you sure of that ?

I cannot comprehend how that would be possible.

Woody

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

As stated in article:

Bengal said that the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that rituals of Santeria -- a religion similar to voodoo and originated in Cuba and Brazil -- are permitted under the Constitution. But he believes these animals may not have been sacrificed humanely. If that is the case, the home's owner could be prosecuted, he said.

"It's a gray area ... a fine line," Bengal said.

And yet Rastas can't smoke ganja.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   

People get de-sensitized to abuse such as this,it becomes "normal",
everyday behavior that is overlooked.Those,who perform such violent
acts,would probably sacrifice people,if they thought they could get
away with it.
The jews sacrificed animals to God for the remission of their sins.God
no longer wants animal sacrifices.He wants a broken spirit and a contrite
heart.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

I was shocked to read that you say 'animal sacrifice' is legal ... are you sure of that ?

Woody

Woodywytch
Space down from your post. Moonsouljah, quoted the reference from the source article. The only catch is it has to be done humanely. Like I said before, to me this is something very dark in any religion.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I was so shocked to read that animal sacrifice is legal here in the U.S.
I emailed the pastor of my church about this,it's unbelievable that it
is legal.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Not only in US throughput the world in almost all religions except Buddhism I think animal sacrifice is practiced.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I don't have a problem with killing animals humanely if they have a use, even if I want to kick your face in for the dumb reason you killed the animal. Best thing to do with dead animals is to eat em, or keep them alive and pet em.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

I was so shocked to read that animal sacrifice is legal here in the U.S.
I emailed the pastor of my church about this,it's unbelievable that it
is legal.

Mamabeth
It bothers me as well talking to your pastor about it is as good a thing to do as anything. However short of a change to the constitution, I don't think anything else is going to change it.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner
I don't have a problem with killing animals humanely if they have a use, even if I want to kick your face in for the dumb reason you killed the animal. Best thing to do with dead animals is to eat em, or keep them alive and pet em.

Mosesgunner
Of everything that has been said here, I think you got it right, concise, and basically put in the nut shell. thanks.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

I agree with your statement about eating ... I personally think no animal should be killed other than for food or to prevent suffering.

No animal should be killed for sport and/or religion.

Having said that I tend to be a bit of a wuss in such matters, as I could not personally bring myself to kill another creature with my own hands ... however, I can skin, gut, pluck and prepare say a rabbit / duck etc for the pot once it is dead.

Woody

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join