It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of more than 500 animals found at Philadelphia home

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

No, we're not. In a world where 1/3 the US thinks the Sun revolves around the Earth, your statement is simply untrue.

www.gallup.com...

A decade ago. Hopefully the new polls say otherwise.

Maybe one day you'll be right. For now, people still die in Sudan because a witch says God needs soldiers. People in Israel and Palestine still die and suffer injustice because both sides suck.

Again, the world is primitive, and in sore need of love. But starting that at the bottom will just reproduce the results of the last millennium.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Perhaps someone was making dinner? Maybe kept the pelts of the animals for trading, clothing? AK for home defense, and hunting wild prey (food) even? Could be out of town and the 'suspect' woman was supposed to be taking care of the dogs? Perhaps she was the one using his house to slaughter her own food, and left things messy, not expecting him back for another month?

We're talking about livestock type animals here. I mean look at the demonization overtone without showing evidence of cats or anything on that order. News and the police had nothing better to shock people with, perhaps?

I've done some historical reading into animal sacrifice of times past, over at Sacred Texts I think it was. Turns out it was usually a spiritual ceremony type thing sown into the process of killing and cleansing dinner. Today we might call this 'saying grace'. 'Lord bless this this food' people said then, now.

In modern times we pay industrialized slaughterhouses to mass produce our 'meat'. We pay the extra damages of having it shipped in quantity to grocery markets, and then to be stored refridgerated until we pick it up. Eventually it finds our dinner table, where less and less people 'say grace' before they eat it. Imagine how many times grace hasn't been said at the table in all of the McDonalds 'restaurants' out there combined. "Grace" is mostly dying off with our grandparents, so I can see how more and more detached people are becoming in the way we're seeing the outcry here at first glance.

Without photos of the interior of the home, before the cops meddled with everything, theres not too excited I'll get over a story like this.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You pass on your own condition. Therefor it is in our best interest to keep everyone sane, healthy and well. They are the lesson.
Too bad one is never enough.
This is a tortured individual who is replaying all that he or she knows and spilling blood because this is how they know life. This is joy, excitement, ecstasy. This is what life has done to them. Whether they are eating or for sport... taking a joy in suffering is most often, because we also suffer so.

Often we don't even know it. We are missing love.

It is no excuse. But it could be avoided to a large extent. We still hit children and discourage birth control. Steps one and two toward progress...but for want of a pill, so much suffering might have been spared.

This person should die quickly and humanely themselves but then we should be very observant, and take necessary steps never to breed another to take their place.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

You pass on your own condition.

So you've judged this person to the extent that with the available data they should be punished with the death penalty?

Do you eat meat?

You seem perhaps intolerant of different religious or cultural practices to respond so kneejerk without having a total perspective of this case.

They estimate that the man who owns the house hasn't even been there for 8 months. Perhaps the suspect woman is the 'Serial Slaughterer', he's dead, and shes been using his pad for months for her other bizaare sacrifices, while his remains are yet to be found...
...what if she ate him...

We need to know the way these remains were being kept. Theres a vast difference between a pile of bones and fur stacked up on a bed in a bedroom including a grim looking table and manuals for the methods of mutilation and hot iron skewers on top of blood soaked floors with maggots... Theres a difference between that and a large and diverse compost heap with adjacent vegetable garden.

Maybe he's a mad scientist who performs radical experiments, and puts the remains in a compost heap, after slaughtering them as dinner, where he said grace before eating them, who likes to pray to Jesus under candlelight alter

Yeah, its late

[edit on 2-1-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Hey I'm not God just a fallible human and if it were up to me they would be euthanized. Just to prove a point and stop other people from doing the same thing. Will I be outvoted by saner people in this democracy? I hope so.
This person probably doesn't really deserve to die but yes, I am afraid in my hands they would sadly bite the dust, my own soul be damned.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

And if this is some cultural thing and they are eating the food maybe I would give them a break but I would want to know where they got the animals, I'd also want to know if they have any friends who practice this same religion because we are all getting together for a meeting. Then I would dissuade them from this practice if I had to dress up as a giant talking chicken and scare the bejeezus out of the mfs.

Once I saw a bull bellowing madly and kicking up a storm while his mate was being slaughtered. If you have a shred of humanity and not the sense of a brutal senseless beast that kills without knowing a more forgiving and cooperative means of survival, it will spoil you for hamburger.

People killing other people should be stopped in every case. But people are responsible for people. We make the laws, animals don't. And we have laws that protect humans. Some want to extend these laws right into the wombs of women before and if they will ever consider helpless animals as thinking, feeling creatures and lift a finger to rally against their senseless murder.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

I have a recipe for roadkill armadillo, but remember, if it's still there on your way home, its TOO late. U2U me

[edit on 1/2/2010 by zachi]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zachi
reply to post by fmcanarney

I have a recipe for roadkill armadillo, but remember, if it's still there on your way home, its TOO late. U2U me

[edit on 1/2/2010 by zachi]

Just hysterical. Where do you get them? Do you do stand up? You should!

....and avoid serious discussions.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
it's stories like this i wish there was such a law where the people hurting the animals were given the same punishment.

mike vick was suspended for 2 years for animal abuse and the unfortunate deaths of hundreds of dogs. if those dogs were human beings, this'd be a different story and that's unfair for the dogs that lost their lives.

hammurabi said "an eye for an eye." and it worked. it worked REAL well.
ghandi said "..it makes the whole world blind." he was assassinated.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join