It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of more than 500 animals found at Philadelphia home

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Good defence of satinism but---
You will remain incomplete untill you embrace Mozart as well.
LOL
Thanks to all that covet life no matter what releigon.
HAPPY NEW YEAR all

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Donny 4 million]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
reply to post by stanlee

LOL

lol. actually I adore Minuette 21

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

My son was a satanist for many years, he is one of the most moral people I know, loving, kind, philosophical, spiritual, he realized with out the Christian satan there would be no satanism,

I told him about the Yezidi.

Now he wants to go to seminar to become a Catholic priest, and we are not Catholic.

Go figure.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
IMO, we are only human, that means we are animals ourselves, we as individuals or as a collective have no right to harm other humans, or any other life on this planet, just because we are at the "top of the food chain" (though i would like to see that argument with a man and a man eating tiger or shark) does not give us the right to hurt any one or anything. If we are to assume that all men are equal, then it is only right to consider all animal life in that respect as well. I believe we all as adults have a morel responsibility to protect the innocent from animals to children and fragile elderly, to anyone who is sick and unable to defend or protect themselves. Thats all i have to say.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by neo5842

You said a lot,

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

You know, I was supportive of your post till you got to the wiccan bashing. I know of very few wiccans or pagans who bash satanism. Most are defenders of the protections to practise any religion including those who wish to practise satanism. Because they are a fringe religion who gets mislabled and persecuted, they side with other fringe religions as well.

Such a shame that in the defense of your own relgion and trying to throw off the wrong title, you turn and do the same to another.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Once in a blue moon I agree with you Marg. *smiles*

Most serial killers start off abusing animals as young children.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I've always wondered why people get more 'worked up' over animal abuse than child abuse. Not that we aren't outraged when child abuse happens, please understand. But we seem to react differently when the victims are animals.

The same people who are outraged by animal cruelty are also outraged by child abuse. It's not an either/or thing.

To me, child abuse arouses the desire to bring criminal charges against the abusers. It's a sense of determination and a desire for justice as well as compassion for the victim. It is a cause that usually engages all the powers of law enforcement and social services and the outrage of average citizens.

Animal cruelty is so sad because the animals have so little say in their own fate and are so vulnerable to the whims of their masters. Most of them have never, or would never, harm a human being and tend to trust and befriend people. There are laws against it but they are so seldom enforced, and when they are the penalties are usually not that severe. It evokes in me a sense of pity, a desire to protect them and a sense of hopelessness.

It's hard to garner public support in combatting animal cruelty because we routinely slaughter them for food and/or clothing or frivolous trinkets or enjoyment and it's part of our culture.

It would be difficult to rule that a particular sect cannot kill animals. There is, after all, freedom of religion. Society can insist that it be done humanely but that would be hard to enforce.

Still, there is something less than human about enjoying the torture of any living being. That extreme lack of empathy or conscience tends to culminate in serial killing at worst and dehumanization at best.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

ok. let us look at wicca. A religion founded by a journalist in the 1930's. it doesnt stem from older religions in any way shape pr form. just a re emergeance of "white witch craft". funny. A people so hell bent on making themselves appear completely different form society by doing the same things. I have met more wiccans that trash jesus than I have met christians that call them satanists. What is Wicca comprised of? people who didnt get what they wanted from christianity and children that want to be different while at the same time pissing off their parents. They eventually grow up to be "open minded" spiritualists who will tell you they talk with fairies and cast spells to do this and that. Why then are most wiccans living off other people? Why then do most wiccans attribute themselves to "psychic vampires"? Why then do most wiccans trash jesus? I will not deny that for personal reasons I detest both jesus and mohammed. I dont trash either. Now lets look at white witch craft? a slightly flakey lot, not complete idiots mind you but I find it annoying how everything has to be a sign of positive echange. its as if they are oblivious to random acts of chaos (what most call evil) They almost refuse to believe that bad things happen because that energy was collected in a person, or community and resulted in random senseless bad things. They however atleast acknowledge the argument that the univers could be a living energy and send the negative things within their daily lives out into the universe, while maintaining a professional venear. I can respect that. I detest however, the wiccans calling themselves a part of even that. Wiccans are hypocritical snobs that play with pretty looking daggers calling themselves white witches and really serve no purpose. You can plainly see how I differentiate between the two. Now lets look at the modern druid. The modern druid is nothing more than a person confused by either white witch craft, or wicca. One of the two. they seem to think that druidism is something peaceful and lovey dovey when the history of the druids is violent, and filled with bloodshed. THey were scholars, judges, kings, and even priests. Yes, they revered mistletoe, yes, they revered the yew tree, and the oak tree above all others, as well as the salmon symbols of wisdom. They were not by any means a peaceful people. They upheld the laws with a VERY stern fist.

Wicca has become a confused joke. Authors like Douglas Monroe, Silver Ravenwolf, and that moron that wrote the book on psychic vampires Michelle Bolenge.. or however you spell her name.. are a joke that misrepresent the original authors of wicca. Now wiccans believe they are psychic vampires that speak with aliens.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

This is very, very sad and so hard to understand how some people can do such evil. So sad, that there has to be a written law about something that should not take place at all

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

So, . .you're in the bathroom . . with pics, . . . and ?

There are various sects of Druids, always have been.
I prefer the spiritual.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Once again your attaching to another religion what you are trying to dispell about your own.

Each religion has its nutty followers. Wicca is no exception. In fact, Wicca is particularly vulnerable because it does not follow evil, is not christianity, and it can feel secular. Wa la. It offers the perfect sanctity.Nto to mention, since it is not an organized religion, you can make up the rules as you go along.

Just because you meet someone is obviously picked up a silver ravenwolf book at barnes and nobles and claims to be a high priestess isn't as wiccan or druidic as the satanist killing chickens.

And these authors you mentioned are just as much of a joke in the wiccan community.

You claim to be open minded and intellectual. But an open minded person understand that it doesn't matter when a religion is created, as long as it is valid to the person.
That all religions have their pros and cons.

Who are you to judge?

As for the druids, most of the druids I know perfectly understand the ups and downs of druidism.
I have heard heated debates about whether druidic sacrifices should still be performed. Keep the religious belief or comply with modern standards.

Wiccans do tend to have the repuation of being fairies and rainbows and are basically retro hippies.

But many do understand that there is good and bad energy, and people do good and bad things. And stuff just happens, and it all happens for a reason. Not all believe it is just because.

But so what? How does this affect you? What does this matter to you so much that is unleashes all this spitefulness and hatred? It seems like you are doing to others what society has done to you for centuries or a millenia.

If you are meeting anyone calling themselves a white witch. Most likely you are meeting a dungeons and dragons player who saw the movie The Craft and ran to the store to buy a book, and now calls themselves a high priest.
And they do do it for shock value. But many are just looking to belong somewhere. Many are looking to rebel against Christianity.

But you also can't blame a group for being angry since there is still rampant persecution going on. And you are reminded multiple times a day that you will never be able to practise openly without repercussions.

Instead of standing in a corner scoffing and pointing fingers. You would know that true pagans(broad umbrella term) are a reclusive people, who often don't inform others who they are readily, follow the religions as they should be, and know the ups and downs. I have met people who followed Hellinisitic, Greek, Roman, Egyptian religions.

And those who truely understand these religions, know that being a "witch" isn't a title. It is a work of art. That is to be taken very seriously. IN fact, many, don't practise witchcraft, because of the ramifications. They leave it up to the experienced people. A good coven makes you train for years. Witchcraft is the art of manipulating energy with magic. Your a witch only during that time. It would be like telling everyone you meet your a knitter. You are a knitter when you make a sweater, but that isn't the whole of your religious identity.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I run over a possum, coon or civet cat, on the road.
Squirrels, birds get hit by autos.
I shoot prarie dogs for target practice.
I hit a vulture the other day, killed him, dented my hood a little, and gives my car character.
I shoot crows for target practice.
I have lethal mouse traps in my home.
Animals killed during research is okay fine with me.
Shot a coyote in midday a few weeks ago.
I have had to shoot a couple of my dogs for killing chickens.
Shot five dogs once for running cattle.
If I would have had my gun handy would have shot the dog mauling my neice.
If there were so many chickens at this house how do we know he is not eating them.

Daily in America 4,500 human babies are killed in the womb.
You say a woman has control over her body? The baby is not her body.
You say it is womans rights. Half the abortions are women babies, what about their rights.
You say it is about choice. It is a choice between life and death.
I donate money to stop abortions in USA.

It is phony to whine about animal death and not about human death.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
reply to post by stanlee

LOL
Thanks to all that covet life no matter what releigon.
HAPPY NEW YEAR all

I just have to respond to this post...
Since, satin is material used for making wedding and formal attire,what is
satinism?

I'm a floral designer and wedding planner and this sounds important

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fmcanarney

Phony to whom ? You ? Your standards prevail ?

People can feel about things any way they want to.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by marg6043

Once in a blue moon I agree with you Marg. *smiles*

Most serial killers start off abusing animals as young children.

BEWARE. You do know it is a full moon tonight.
A BLUE moon too! Drop by my thread and leave a story if anything more weird happens. I hope there are no sacrifices of any sort because of that moon.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Soft cuddly devil skin?
A fabric that was covering my spell check button? LOL
Well what ever it is I hope it is NOT connected to sacrifice of anything.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Why are SPCA "enforcement officers" allowed to serve search warrants? they are employed by a private corporation and are not "sworn" peace officers... although while on duty probably enjoy some additional arrest powers since the City of Philadelphia contracted their animal control services to the PSPCA.

I find it odd a city can contract out law enforcement duties to a private organization that can serve warrants..

"Philadelphia SPCA enforcement officers were first called to the home over the weekend to tend to two emaciated dogs. The organization said that after obtaining a search warrant"

an "organization" obtaining a warrant? just like that? ..so, all this organization needed to obtain a search warrant was a report of "two emaciated dogs"?? that is enough probable cause to pierce someones 4th amendment rights these days?.. I'd like to read the warrant they wrote up.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
well Nixie, and stanlee, your conversation is truly amazing,

I don't think we have an true knowledge of what pagans really practiced, it has been lost, I always thought of them as similar to shamans or wise women and midwives, who had knowledge of herbal remedies, and healing.

And as for persecution by the church, mostly it was persecuting its own people, the Christians, who they accused of witchcraft, weird.

as for modern satanism it is based on what?

I should have my son come and express how he feels, but he wont.

[edit on 033131p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SIEGE

that doesnt alter the fact that they ahve always been the law enforcement for their tribes. Nor does it alter the fact that they were very violent, when the time came to be so

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join