It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remains of more than 500 animals found at Philadelphia home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Wow is that how many were found??!! I live less then 30 minutes across the bridge from Philly & I remember hearing about this on the local news when they first made the discovery, but I haven't heard the update. That is just awful. What those poor animals must have suffered. s+f for the updated news. Thank you

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
ugh

[edit on 31-12-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem

This is a very disturbing topic to me. Like it or not, animal sacrifice is legal. There for it does happen. Even if you are some one who respects all religion I think this is still something that is very dark in any religion. Of the five hundred remains of animals that were found most were chickens. In adation there was most every type of farm animal, and two primates. The dogs were said to be mal nourished. That point alone may be what brings charges against those people responsible.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Small correction, Animal Sacrifice, and the satanic arts, are not painless, or 'humane' in any way.

Ritual sacrifice often involves, severe pain and affliction towards the victim.

The problem is the stigma of satanism, and it being totally ignored or misunderstood by society.

On the occult facts alone, anyone caught doing a proper ritual sacrifice on animals, most especially on that scale, could easily be justified to be prosecuted, without any effort. Regardless of the malnourishment.

That said, not in the case of stigma, and human ignorance!

Really, it is a travesty this is not well understood. Dare I stigmatise myself, and say , this has been going on for thousands of years, including those who are within the 'super class' - infact, it's WHY they exist within the superclass, especially if there is any credence to magick and the dark ats, which i'm telling people there is. In the respect of magick.. It's definitely something you'd need to learn from years of research and reading.. paranormal investigation, and the such.

Hope i've not overextended myself too much. In that regard.

This, is truly tragic. The evil of this person doesn't bare thinking about. They are not human anymore.

Abductee

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I can't even compare animal abuse to child abuse. That being said, I still find animal abuse appalling. child abuse people should be drawn and quartered.

I think animal abuse gets people becauase we domesticated these animals to be our companions. We removed their ability to defend themselves. We removed them from nature so they have a hard time adapting.they have no place to call home.

It would be like throwing a domesticated zebra in antartica. So we take a species, domesticate it, make it out companions, keep it from surviing on its own, and then abuse it, neglect it and other atrocities.

It is betrayal of the worst kind.

Somoene once said that anyone who abuses a dog deserves a special place in hell because all they want to do is please you.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
By the way, my first thought isn't of animal sacrifice, but someone eating the animals as a food supply.

edited to add:

Oh I see, there was an alter found.

Sacrifices should be made illegal. It is 2010 after all.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Satanist activities are probably quite common in the land of usa.

I see christians starting illegal wars over money/oil in the middle east. starting cults spraying nerve gas in train stations, cults ending in suicide, and cults guilty of indecent liberties with minors. I see christian priests molesting, raping, and abusing children every day in the news, I see mass cover ups that show the vatican is the most barbaric machine in history, I see muslims blowing up planes with innocent people on board and I see Isralie politics waging senseless wars of both attrition and territory on the islamic poor in gaza amongst other places.

Funny. you dont hear about satanists raping, abusing, and commiting these various crimes against humanity the way you people do. I do not doubt this is done by those claiming to be satanists, mind you, anymore than I doubt the people that commit the above mentioned crimes are christians according to the bible, as none of those exist outside of Opus Dei (you people meaning those that follow the judeo christian triangle (including islam))

Being a satanist myself, I have never sacrificed an animal. (I work in nature, I respect and adore nature in all its chaotic beauty. I am a horticultural chemist by trade, and love animals, trees, and the earth. As a satanist, I realise there are energies within the earth, forests, and oceans that can be tapped by us for our use as it is intended.) The satanic bible doesnt even mention animal sacrifices. Nor do any of the treatises on Satanism to this date that I have read.

Sure, we have our metal head morons as every religion does, but all in all, if you want the answer to animal sacrifice look to the older religions. Greco-Roman traditions, Voudon (voo doo) and even early christianity. Grant it, people back then still respected the animals they were sacrificing, and treated them with honour and respect.

This attrocity mentioned is more or less a moron that understands very little about what he/she/they are doing, and are guilty of more than animal sacrifice. As a satanist, I too see the crime here. Even if I were to kill mine enemy, I would still treat his corpse with respect. No. I have never killed anyone and until my recent conversion to vegetarianism (due to all the chemicals you americans stick in your meats effecting my heart). I have never intentionally killed any animal for any other reason than consumption. (eating it).

There are more satanists than you know. Most of us share these views, and this belief that animals are not meant for senseless slaughter, but to be eaten when you NEED to eat them. The gods created these animals for a reason. We dont need to sacrifice anything the gods themselves (pluralised for respective religious views) already possess. This is tantamount to me killing your dog to give it to you. Makes absolutely no sense, does it?

Most of us are quite intelligent, and you cannot even tell we are satanists by looking at us. Satanism is about indulgeance, self, self improvement, and intellect. Not turning the other cheek against those that attack you as your jesus told you to practise. (for some reason you just cannot listen).

We dont pretend to be peaceful like you do. We dont pretend to be accepting to the so-called new age. We dont bash jesus the way your wiccan converts do. (no you will not associate wicca or any of the peace loving 'white witch' trash with us. We do not claim them and we hate them) we dont pretend to be all about loving our neighbour.

We love ourselves, and those close to us. If you want the truth, the only thing that is different between an actual satanist, and a christian, is we dont pretend to be all about giving. We dont hide in shrouds of false peace and world love. We dont pretend to be selfless.

If you want animal sacrifice fingers pointing somewhere, look to earlier times in your own religions. You can even find human sacrifices there. Thats one we dont have. Well... not the true satanists anyway.

We dont listen to death metal, or black metal. in fact, most of us listen to classical. Straussberg, Rachmoninov, Beethovin, Chopin. Sounds of the arts if you will, so stow that satanist animal sacrifice sh!te. The man that committed this attrocity was not one of ours. He may claim he is, but you have to realise: There are some white people that cliam to be ghetto kiddies, there are some black people that claim the white man is against them all, There are people from other countries claiming to be US citizens. They are not. Point is, many people say they are one thing, while they are not, so you cannot start casting the first stone while you yourselves are not sin free.

Yes, as a satanist, I too have read the bible. Satansim could not have been if it were not for the tyranny of the various right wing religious institutes history wide.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
Which is legal if done humanely

I'm not sticking up for animal abuse or sacrifice or anything but, I read in the article that it was mostly chickens.

I bet those chickens were treated 1000 times better than any chicken in a factory farm.

So, should we start throwing the farmers in jail now for animal abuse?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

I do not have enough information to know how the chickens were treated as compared to chicken farms. I do know that as it has been said here before, if your going to be killing any animal it should be done for food, as opposed to what was being practiced in the source article. As far as has been read thus far.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

I don't know why people are calling Santeria a "satanic" religion. Santeria is as much Christian as Catholicism is.

Santería is a syncretic religion. It is a system of beliefs that merge the Yoruba religion (brought to the New World by slaves imported to the Caribbean to work the sugar plantations) with Roman Catholic and Native American traditions.

en.wikipedia.org...

No where does it say anything about Satan.

Santeria is by all intense and purposes a Christian religion.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by Nutter]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

How do you know it wasn't a food source? Just because an alter was found?

Do the chicken bones in my garbage from last night's dinner automatically mean I sacrificed that chicken because I have an alter in my livingroom?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Animal sacrifice in the name of religion -
When are we going to evolve?
What right do we have to sacrifice anything?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It was supposed to be a "Woodstock"-like concert for animals.

That's what my dogs told me.

They were pissed when they found out.

They said they'll never attend another concert that includes a BBQ !

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Actually studies done on animal abusers link them to be more geared to abuse of other human beings.

Animal Cruelty Linked to Violence Against People
Animal Abusers More Likely to Harm Spouses, Children, and Strangers

cats.suite101.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanlee
The man that committed this attrocity was not one of ours. He may claim he is,

According to the article the sacrifice was part of a ritual witch is related to voodoo

The group's director of law enforcement said he believes the animals -- the majority of which were chickens -- were sacrificed as part of a Santeria religious ritual.
cnn

As to Satanist they are in the news for comiting crimes also.

Russian authorities say Olga Pukhova, Anna Gorokhova, Varya Kuzmina and Andrei Sorokin were stabbed 666 times. The teens -- all of them 16 or 17 -- were then dismembered.

Then the Satanists built a bonfire. They threw the body parts of the victims into the flames. Later they ate some of the roasted pieces. source

Not shugesting this in inductive of all who subscribe to either religion mentioned here, just that any one who is a member of any group could be part of a horrific crime.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Do the chicken bones in my garbage from last night's dinner automatically mean I sacrificed that chicken because I have an alter in my livingroom?

It would have more to do with every thing else that was found and probably the quantities. All know is what the source article says. If it is being reported wrong, which as we all know does happen, then I hope it will be corrected. As from what the article has said, it is more then a few chicken bones in the trash and an alter in the living room.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Woodwyth, I’m with you on the matter of killing. Also I can clean etc once someone else has done the kill.

That this sort of thing is allowed under the guise of Religion is beyond outrage. This is pure Sadism. It brings out and nourishes the very darkest of the Human Psyche. Shouldn’t we hold our citizens to a higher standard? If they want to do this sort of thing send them back to where they came from.

Not only is this sort of thing painful to the victim, It is traumatizing to the other animals in the area.

Stanlee, it is ironic that Satan in the Bible is the good guy, and no where in that book does it describe even one evil act, yet he gets the bad rap, while Yahweh, the most evil psychopathic killer of all times has somehow emerged as “The God” to be worshipped and Adored. He demands blood sacrifices to the extent of having his own son killed. And his followers adore him even more.
Humans are one sad, sick species.

The article said they found remains of every type of farm animal.

Nutter, what makes you think that people who hang these chickens by the feet and then rip their heads off and dellight in the act, will even bother any kind of care for them? You are right, it is not from Satan, it is Christian from the original Sadist, Yahweh.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by OhZone]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by mosesgunner

I agree with your statement about eating ... I personally think no animal should be killed other than for food or to prevent suffering.

No animal should be killed for sport and/or religion.

Having said that I tend to be a bit of a wuss in such matters, as I could not personally bring myself to kill another creature with my own hands ... however, I can skin, gut, pluck and prepare say a rabbit / duck etc for the pot once it is dead.

Woody

I agree with you, killing is more a testosterone thing.
Management of wildlife for food is underrated and can be good for the environment.
Better than the farming of animals.
Be that as it may. When it comes to sacrifice there is no one alive today
that does not have HUMAN sacrifice practiced somewhere back in their ancestry.
I don't know about animal sacrifice that much but I think you will find it today practiced by
folks of more ancient beliefs. They learn it from birth as a part of their culture and or religion.
Hopefully as these folks live and learn they will be less likely to be compelled to do these things.
Anyone from a developed society that practices sacrifice is some one to worry about IMO.
I see GWB a knife and a goat. OMG

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo

Animal sacrifice in the name of religion -
When are we going to evolve?
What right do we have to sacrifice anything?

Devotees flock to Nepal animal sacrifice festival
Tuesday, 24 November 2009
news.bbc.co.uk...

The Gadhimai festival, which happens once every five years, is taking place in Bariyapur in southern Nepal.

Over the next two days more than a quarter of a million animals are expected to be slaughtered for Gadhimai - a goddess of power.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Child or animal abuse, malnourishment, whatever. Unacceptable. No debate, as far as Im concerned. I find both deeply disturbing and unacceptable.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

ooh yes. I do not dispute this. The problem they have there, is in fact Satanic beliefs. You see, We dont actually believe in this 'devil' like that. A devil is a vice. Ie, smoking , drugs, etc. We believe in ourselves. 666 is more a joke. Some of the pranksters in OUR comminuties will display this for shock value, and to get a laugh. Others actually take that whole 666 stuff seriously and get all up in arms about it. its just a number. No more powerful than 13. just a number. The fact that they are calling themselves satanists is offensive, because they dont have the basic understanding of the very premise of satanism. There is nothing satanic about what the russian duo did, and the moment that took place we were expecting more pressure than we got. that is why I said no ACTUAL satanists do these things. Murder does not draw power of any kind. it brings fear, misunderstanding and prejudice. Not every person in prison is a dick head. Some get out and change their lives around. they arent all rapists and murderer, but because there are violent criminals within the same walls, there is that stigma of violence attached to every felon regardless of how small and victimless their crimes may have been. Same holds true with the religions.

As for the person that mentioned Santaria, there is nothing satanic about it. It is really not too dissimilar to voodoo. (an actual practitioner would have burried the bodies of the animals respectfully when the rites were done) Both were created from the slave religions. Both are root religions that trace back to Haite and Africa. They merely changed the names of the spirits to hide the belief structure from the christian slavers. Why?> because at that time, christians were blatantly violent. Not every single one of them, most joined up out of fear, while keeping their older religions in heart. (thats exactly why there are so many saints that just happen to coincide with the particular gods of yore. Saint Christopher (Safe Travel) Mercury and Apolo. (The romans were always known for stealing religions deities and adopting them as their own changing only the names, which is cause to believe the second reason for the saints having such close ties with old gods and still in use today) St. Valentine (Cupid, or Athena/Venus) St. Peter (Neptune/Posidon) etc. the list goes on. ALl of the original saints are attributed to gods of old. this is how christianity took hold forcing false similarities on the beliefs of many others. THis was done when force was not working. All the rest are pretty much phoney additions to say "hey look. we really are tellling hte truth". IMO, and no. my opinion will not be kept to myself. Every modern religion can be tied to sumerian culture. Every one of them. You see, every modern religion has its roots taken in the book of genisis. THe quran has a book of genisis that stemmed from the Torah. THe christians too have this same book of genisis. Stemmed as well from the same Torah. THis Book of Genisis is a rough copy of an even older book called the Epic of Creation. You see, the Jews were, in my opinion, trying to preserve the old faith of Assyrology. It was intelligent, it was spiritual, and it was scientific. IT was more a record of the days of the Sumerians, and their accounds with the "old gods". I believe they were trying to preserve this for reasons you and I will never understand, well, we wont understand until the Meru Foundation cracks the entire code. (look up Stan Tenan). It has always been thought that the Hebrew Torah, and Talmud contained some sort of code. When you apply Base Three mathematics to it, it does. I believe the Jews were trying to preserve this but the Babylonians who captured them oppressed them so while the history was being destroyed by the babylonians the jews made an original copy of the Epic of Creation before it was destroyed, and had to hide it from priests later on for fear of torture, and death, but did not want to destroy that sacred history either. SO, they truncated the hell out of it in a way that coincided with the beliefs of their time, while at the same time hiding the very same Epic of Creation within the Torah through mathematical coding. You see, the Sumerians were not stupid. they were very mathematically, and astronomically inclined. THe Jews/Hebrews, were no different. I think over time the old secret was forgotten except by a VERY small group of people within the Hebrew community. I think that Very small group are so secluded that even modern technology eludes them. Probably some two or three people globally. I believe this secret is why the world persecutes the Jews so vehimately. THey have that ancient secret, and are smart enough to not tell of it yet. Who knows though? THis is all theory based off religious studies and mathematics. just my little hobby.
Do forgive me for being so far off topic, but it is relevant to the responses. These ancient secrets dont really excuse modern animal sacrifice. In old times, After christ, The christians would find a goat to lay their sins upon and sacrifice it. This was the scapegoat. In Voudon, I am not completely sure what the sacrifice is for beyond that of opening a portal to Baron Samdi, spirit of the dead. THat is the coolest part of Voudon (voodoo) they dont have gods. THey have spirits that talk to the gods for them.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by stanlee]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join