It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One nation under Allah. Would it be that bad?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
[edit on 29-12-2009 by TinFoilHatMan55]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
People complain that America is declining in religiousness. So do you think if Islam spread to about 90% of the population that it would be bad? At least people would believe in God and pray five times a day plus we'd have Friday off.

I think Islam will continue getting converts because people research it and find that's its not that bad of a religion and it's nothing like how the media portrays it. Remember after 9/11 people got interested in Islam and started converting.

No it isn't.... plain and simple.... if you want to be ruled and told what to do and where to do it that's upto you but not me thanks.... i enjoy my freedom and open mind.... don't want to be brainwashed into believing in this ALLAH bloke....

Plus the World would look depressing everywhere you went coz everyone would look the same and wearing those dresses just wouldn't look right... i've been to my local Doctors and on occassion it has looked like a morgue in there not a Doctors surgery!!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I sort of wish I never posted this. It touched a raw nerve it seems. For one I never said anything about a theocracy. In fact I love that we live in a open democratic society that doesn't have the government get involved with religion. That's what is a great about America we can choose our on religion or none at all.

Maybe I should rephrase it as this:

Do you think it would be so bad if Islam became the dominate religion in America even though it would be by spread by peaceful means, such as people coming to the religion on their on terms or through evangelism?

There seems to be a lot of knee jerk reactions to the mention of Islam. Why do people hate that religion so much? Christianity doesn't have a squeaky clean track record either. There are Christian fundamentalist that bomb abortion clinics and murder homosexuals but they do not reflect the majority.

You have to keep in mind that the majority of Muslims are moderate and have no desire for war. Most people like to be left alone and go about their daily lives.

Maybe this thread should be deleted if it's causing this much of a problem.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

As i said it's upto you but personally i think religion especially Islam/Christian have caused too many problems here on this planet.... time to move on and time to stop trying to force your beliefs on others....

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

As i said it's upto you but personally i think religion especially Islam/Christian have caused too many problems here on this planet.... time to move on and time to stop trying to force your beliefs on others....

Who said I was a Muslim? I'm currently researching Islam and Hinduism. I'm sort of drifting away from Christianity though I'm still not sure if I should leave it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
In the end, all religions, including Islam, have the same basic concept. Everyone standing together as one. In that sense, no religion is bad.. But, and that's a big but, the arrogance of believing that any particular religion is right and the other one is wrong, is actually causing people to oppose each other, doing exact the opposite, of what religion is actually supposed to be. In short, one nation under Allah doesn't sound bad, one nation under God doesn't sound bad. One nation under anything, as long as unified, is not bad.. But clearly, in current days, that simple yet powerful vision, is long gone.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yeh, well this place used to be pretty peaceful until all hell broke loose 8 years ago....

I also know that what happened back then had nothing to do with being Christian but since then it has turned into a war for the militants to force their religion and views onto others to fight in the name of 'allah'.... you can't say it isn't coz there are videos of these preachers and other radicals of what their mission is

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

It's complete propaganda enforced paranoia

that was the point of my post

Its all about propaganda so that war mongers stay in power & get richer.

I wasn't saying Nazi's weren't a threat

But every generation - there's another group of people for Americans to hate.

Our grandparents had the nazis - our parents had the commies - and now we have the muslims

isn't patriotism fun?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
90% of America become Islamic? Haha, sure.

In Britain in my lifetime i have seen a big decline in religious people, (im mainly talking about Christian here). So if anyone believes that people will now suddenly decide "hey wait, islam is for me" i think they need to get real.

It'll never happen. Mark my words, Islam will never be a major religion in any western country, the two just don't mix well in my opinion.

I believe that in the next 100-200 years religion itself will gradually decline to the point where it's a minority (personally i think in Britain, it is becoming that way now) of course there are still church goers, but not nearly as many as their used to be. Not where i am anyway.

Islam for me is a cause for concern mainly in the way these extreme islamists are managing to brainwash the minds of younger islam boys and girls to their ways of thinking, resulting in attempted (and "successful") terror attacks.

Islamic folk (extreme ones mainly) need to realise that coming to our countries, attempting to preach their religion to us, on the most part, isn't going to work. Especially the way they go about it, with rallys, and telling us that the Queens Palace will become a Mosque and if she doesn't convert to Islam they'll send her to a different country... yada yada.

(www.islam4uk.com...)

No, that won't happen. The way it's discussed on certain websites by these muslims is hilarious. What we see is quite clearly a design for "How we will take over Britain and make it Muslim", what happened to the "living in peace alongside eachother"? What happened to integration and bringing communities and cultures together? They aren't interested in that, they want to dominate and take over this country.

Of course, there are many good Muslims who are happy to live in the community and get on with life. But there are sadly too many who share views, (and get media attention) with these Extreme muslims.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
First off, I have to say that technically Allah is not a "name for God". Allah is actually the Arabic word for God. It literally means "the God", but it is not his "name". In Arabic, names are actually attributes, and some of Allah's names are: gracious, merciful, redeemer, omniscient, etc.

Funny thing you posted this, actually I had been an American (white) atheist my entire life, and recently converted to Islam. I converted because there is an intricate numerical code in the Quran that proves it wasn't written by man, but that is besides the point.

As a Muslim, I have to say that majority of Islam is severely ass-backwards and screwed up. They follow the fabricated 'hadiths', or "narrations" that are attributed to Muhammad, and make laws and morals based off of those, instead of their own holy book: the Quran.

I guarantee you that ALL of the screwed up aspects of Islam do not come from the Quran, but from the fabricated narrations attributed to Muhammad.

The good news is, there is a growing movement called "Quran Alone Islam" that is spreading, mostly throughout western nations.

So you converted to Islam because of something that sounds alot like the 'Bible Code' ?

Could you explain more of this 'code' that shows it wasn't written by man?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
How about "one world under nobody" or "in individuality we trust"

Just my 2-cents

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Do I think it would be bad.

Let me take the Muslims at their word.

www.religlaw.org...

Yes, I think it is a bad idea. One I will NOT embrace.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

People complain that America is declining in religiousness. So do you think if Islam spread to about 90% of the population that it would be bad? At least people would believe in God and pray five times a day plus we'd have Friday off.

I think Islam will continue getting converts because people research it and find that's its not that bad of a religion and it's nothing like how the media portrays it. Remember after 9/11 people got interested in Islam and started converting.

As long as the word of truth/LIGHT is being passed I have no issues with which name its distributed under ISLAM RECOGNIZES CHRIST MABEY NOT AS HE SHOULDBE VIEWED BUT THEY STILL MENTION CHRIST IN THEIR BOOKS. This is the trickery of the beast set these positive thinkers against each other they will generate more energy then any political war and in the end YOU ALL END UP ON THE SIDE OF NATAS I will admit NATAS IS intelligent but not BRIGHT.

[edit on 12/29/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I can see your points, but I never said the world would be a better place if everyone belonged to any one religion, I just said on the surface it would seem more peaceful.
I dont believe that any religion should have total control, except maybe Buddhism or Taoism, but that would defy the point of Buddhism so it would never happen. Any religion having that much power would be even more corrupt then they are now, especially Christianity and especially Islam. Religion just doesn't work. Everyone should just live by their own moral laws as long as they do not conflict with established government laws. I am anti-government too, it's just an extension of religious structures but some laws (murder, rape and the like) need to governed.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Please refer to today's events in Iran - where if you are a political opponent then you are an "Enemy of God" and can be killed under Sharia.

Disagree with the President? You are the Enemy of God, death is the legal means of dealing with it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
It would be just peachy.

Beheadings, stonings, amputations, floggings

public hangings,

You guys could have more then one wife,

hijabs,

Give me a break.
www.religioustolerance.org...

[edit on 043131p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A thought from the Internet

Not all Muslims are Terrorists!!

but

All Terrorists are Muslims!!

Give me a break. If you guys want to fight about your religions, then go to church/mosque and do it. Leave ATS for something sensible....

As an after thought..

Only when the last tree has been cut down; Only when the last river has been poisoned; Only when the last fish has been caught; Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You and me would be blood enemies for the rest of my days .... i do not in any way shape or form subscribe to that philosyphy .. over my dead body ... f*ck off ... allah is the closest to satan i know of ...
no chance in hell ... before i'm dead ... and not without a fight ... are you insane ?

[edit on 29-12-2009 by pilot70]

[edit on 29-12-2009 by pilot70]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I've read the whole New testament and there are bits in there I cannot stomach, so it goes both ways.

Religion is nonsense. No matter what God you believe in, you have been deluded.

Are you sure you haven't confused the old testament with the new?

The new testament is definitely a paradigm shift from the old testament and I attribute that to the different revelations from God at the time and the writers.

I am a Christian, but I accept that the bible was written by MAN and INSPIRED by GOD.

Sorry, just wanted to clarify.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Allah is the ancient name of God, Jews and Christians in the Middle East and central Asia also refer to God as Allah. (Israelis aside).

Allah does not belongs to the Muslims alone.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by amkia]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join