It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One nation under Allah. Would it be that bad?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

As a Gay man, I for one would find it VERY bad! Here's a little paragraph from www.islamonline.net concerning the subject of homosexuality:

As to the issue of how the homosexual person is judged in an Islamic State, the Companions of Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessing be upon him differed among themselves on this issue, and this led to different views maintained by Muslim Jurists. For example, in the Hanafi school of thought, the homosexual is punished through harsh beating, and if he/she repeats the act, death penalty is to be applied. As for the Shafi`i school of thought, the homosexual receives the same punishment of adultery (if he/she is married) or fornication (if not married). This means, that if the homosexual is married, he/she is stoned to death, while if single, he/she is whipped 100 times. Hence, the Shafi`i compares the punishment applied in the case of homosexuality with that of adultery and fornication, while the Hanafi differentiates between the two acts because in homosexuality, the anus (a place of impurity) may also be involved while in adultery (and fornication), the penis/vagina (which are reproductive parts) are involved. Some scholars hold the opinion that the homosexual should be thrown from a high building as a punishment for his crime, but other scholars maintain that he should be imprisoned until death.

Peaceful religion, my arse!!! So, tell you what, TinFoilHatMan55, if you want to live in "One Nation under Allah", go buy yourself a one way ticket to Iran and leave the rest of us out of it!

And I thought the Christian Fundies where crazy...

[edit on 31-12-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I am for one that no country should be held in control by any regligious group. The idea that the law, which should make life easier for all the people, are bent down to the narrow idea of good and evil passed down in an ancient book.

This is hard to acomplish because most of people in most of the countries declare themselves to be religious.

We've spend in my country years trying to persuade people, after 50 years of communism and religious repression, that religion should stay in churches, that by doing so each person's beliefs would be treated farily and would not influence the lawful judgment of courts and administration.

And it worked. Most of my countrymen now accept that fact and oppose any fundamentalistic thinking. They still go to churches, teach their children anything they want about any imaginary being - and - tell them to keep the separation.

So... now we should just dump it and get to Allah?
So what? My gay friends can be hanged in public space right?
I know some young men would like the idea of the many virgins waitting for him in heaven though

No way. It's like civlization has makde a step forward and someone is forcing it to make two steps back.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
apparently nobody reads any other posts in this thread because I said the government still should be secular and that I was talking about if Islam became the dominate religion do you think it would be bad.

I wish I had never posted this. Too bad I can't delete threads that I create.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by TinFoilHatMan55]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Documentary of the Qu'ran on how it's misunderstood.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Where does secularism and Islam mix? Show me one country where secularism and the Islamic faith have co-existed peacefully.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Where does secularism and Islam mix? Show me one country where secularism and the Islamic faith have co-existed peacefully.

Look up Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Omar, they are all moderate Muslim countries.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Yeah, I was thinking maybe the United Arab Emirates might be. My sister said she went there on vacation and she said it was wonderful!!

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why do we have to have a nation under anyone - spiritual, fictional or otherwise?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
We've ceded enough lands to Islamic Imperialism. Mohammed and followers sweep through the Arabian Penninsula, overrun the Persian Empire, bring down the Byzantine Empire, expand well into the European lands, penetrate into western regions of Chinese lands, and thence into long suffering India?

I think Islam has quite enough. Now you suggest destroying America with it? Most of us are here because we fleeing the 1,400 year advance of the Islamic empire. No.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
Why do we have to have a nation under anyone - spiritual, fictional or otherwise?

we don't...that's all make believe, god is a myth to control people, always has been. powerful people do not like other people to think for themselves.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by spinkyboo

we don't...that's all make believe, god is a myth to control people, always has been. powerful people do not like other people to think for themselves.

exactly -

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I dunno. It wouldn't be that bad I guess. Haha.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think for world unity on such a subject, a new 'word' would have to be made. Something anew that stands for the unity humans are willing to make.

I think it would be more like a universal 'sound' that resonates with humans outside of language.

God doesnt have a name, it is for our benefit we do this...try to name God. I think the old cannon name for God 'El' would be good....for its not a name...but a title of sorts. Similar to our use of the word 'God' today...but the word 'God' seems to of become tainted with wars and blood shed.

I dont think Allah would work for the world. Just as I dont think Yahweh would work, or Ra, or any other particular culture's language.

When a human see's something that baffles them or that makes them speechless....usually the first sound out of their mouth is a 'ahhh' kind of sound. Mabey not exactly....but something of that nature, a sound that is universal and not set to a language.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Well, all of this bickering about God's name is moot. God is unfathomable and has no need for titles.

I really don't think that that is really the crux of this thread. What the OP is essentially asking is whether a theocracy would be that bad. My gut instinct is that a theocracy under any religion would be bad.

I certainly don't want to live under a theocracy that is Islamic in nature.

What I find ironic is that the OP says he is torn between the religions of Islam and Hinduism. Anyone that knows, even a slight bit, anything about these two religions, know that Islam and Hiduism are, and will forever be, at odds.

Hinduism is, in my mind,much more compatible with what I believe. However, I have to say, I wouldn't want to live in "One nation under Krshna," either. Why put a title on a being that is incomprehensible?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I agree...what ever we call 'Thee' does limit 'Thee'. We cant use a word of human language that would live up to what 'Thee' is.

Speaker...I have enjoyed several posts here lately of yours and I love reading your thoughts. I am adding you as a friend...always my best to you and yours and I hope many more humble conversations.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Well, all of this bickering about God's name is moot. God is unfathomable and has no need for titles.

I really don't think that that is really the crux of this thread. What the OP is essentially asking is whether a theocracy would be that bad. My gut instinct is that a theocracy under any religion would be bad.

I certainly don't want to live under a theocracy that is Islamic in nature.

What I find ironic is that the OP says he is torn between the religions of Islam and Hinduism. Anyone that knows, even a slight bit, anything about these two religions, know that Islam and Hiduism are, and will forever be, at odds.

Hinduism is, in my mind,much more compatible with what I believe. However, I have to say, I wouldn't want to live in "One nation under Krshna," either. Why put a title on a being that is incomprehensible?

Yeah I'm still reading the Qur'an and am working through a different translation of the Bhagavad Gita this time. I was just throwing the thought out if it Islam became dominate over Christianity if it would be bad or not. Again I have to keep stressing that our Government would stay secular. Unfortunately I didn't include that in my original post and have to keep clarifying it.

Religion is a complicated thing. I jumped around from Catholic, Baptist (was there for almost a year) and Methodist and haven't found that connection to God I'm looking for in the past two years of church hopping. So I'm looking into practicing a different faith. Though I'm still not sure if I should stay with Christianity, I have my moments of doubt, well alot of them.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Religion is of man....not of spirit.

So take what resonates with you out of all of them....then use your own reasoning within the deepest most humbled being of yourself to sift out wisdom of the spirit.

I study them all, but claim none. I dont think God is wanting us to label our personal relation to Thee. Once we label it with a prior mans way...then we start out already limiting God to things God can show us. Study it all, take what resonates with you, then use the Holy Spirit to discern 'the way'.

I try to do as Jesus did....but I dont claim a religion for these actions. God knows in my heart my intent is true for seeking. Same goes for all others

Alot of religions is history of man more so then God. But again, we can learn why those men believed what they did, we can see how they used prior beliefs of other cultures for their own beliefs, religions evolve over time.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Thank you. I have added you to my friends list. I try to be fair.I may not always be tactful, but I am fair.
Thank you for the compliment.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Tin, honestly, we at ATS should be honored that you respect our opinions enough to ask us. We really should. Yeah, I and others are giving you a hard time, but don't take it personally. Really.

You have to remember that many of us, ifnot the majority here, are into personal spirituality, so, naturally, there is going to be a biased opinion against organized religion. Period. Follow your heart, bud. That's about the best advice I can give.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am uneasy with extremism.

This includes the extremism of being a terrorist, or a trainer and supporter of terrorism.

It also includes excessive religious devotion and excessive expression of this.

In other words, steer well clear of all extremism because it is full of mentally unbalanced people.

Also, no-one has the right to impose their beliefs on anyone.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join