It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One nation under Allah. Would it be that bad?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

The word God isn't an acronym, not sure where you got that from.

Uh, from a University of Baylor seminary student.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Certainly, and guess where most of that is in the Bible. The OLD TESTAMENT, which as far as I am concerned, is just a forerunner of the Koran and the Muslim faith.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NightoftheComet

That's what I was thinking as well. That is why I replied to him like I did. Now the Old Testament, like the Koran, is hard for me to stomach. However, I don't see much detestable about the NT.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Gday,

Originally posted by ohioriver
How does this quote from the koran sound:
Sura 47-4: “When you meet the unbelievers, strike off their heads; then when you have made wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives”

How does it sound ?
Rather similar to this quote from Jesus :

Mt. 10. 34...
"34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law."

K.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Allah is the ancient name of God, Jews and Christians in the Middle East and central Asia also refer to God as Allah. (Israelis aside).

Allah does not belongs to the Muslims alone.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by amkia]

No it isn't.

Where people refer to "God" of the Bible as Allah is in places where they have been LEGALLY REQUIRED TO DO SO.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

There is no place on the planet where people are LEGALLY REQUIRED (or even subliminally oppressed) to refer to the 'God of the Bible' as Allah. Dunno where you got that from.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
One nation under Allah. Would it be that bad? Certainly not, if you live in the middle east, otherwise, nah, not gonna happen.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
What is wrong with you ? ... any where one nation under allah has been implemented ... stoning, supreesion of woman, powerty, cruelty in general has resulted .... get your brain examined !!!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
get a fucin out with your suggestion, i would be fucin stoned maybe 20 times already. fuc allah

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sr_robert1
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

That's a great idea. I'd be able to legally beat my wife! I could lock her up in the house and not go to jail. That'd be totally awesome.

Like you can't beat your wife now? ya right

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
"Islam is not that bad of a religion."
Firstly, the youth in this country would set our world aflame. Islam is far too stringent for the paradigm shift that is coming.

Secondly, Islam is not that bad?
Are you kidding me?
I have read parts of the Koran, at least as much as I could stomach, and, yes, Islam IS really that bad.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

Really? show me. how about you bring verses from the quran and i bring verses from the bible and torah. We'll see who comes out on top

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

What I find disturbing is the fact the OP has posted his location as America. How does this quote from the koran sound:

Sura 47-4: “When you meet the unbelievers, strike off their heads; then when you have made wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives”

Islam is not a religion of peace, it is not cool, nor fashionable.Argue all you wish that it is only the extremist that believe that, but the non-extremist is also reading the same passages.

Hey dude, did santa tell you that. Really man, you sound so ignorant right now, actually know the context of a book and each verse before replying.

ALL VERSES IN THE QURAN THAT TALK ABOUT KILLING DISBELIEVERS AND CHOPPING OFF HEADS, ALL ARE AT A TIME OF WAR. EACH VERSE HAS A MEANING AND IT'S OWN TIME, THESE VERSES HAPPEN TO COME WHILE THE MUSLIMS WERE ALREADY IN WAR

If you want i could post verses from the bible or torah if you like. Atleast islam has rules to follow in war

Abu Bakr (the First Caliph) gave these rules to an army he was sending
to battle:

* "Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path.
* "You must not mutilate dead bodies.
* "Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man.
* "Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially
those which are fruitful.
* "Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food.
* "You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to
monastic services; leave them alone"

I'll be waiting for the rules of war from the bible.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
first it was the nazi's

then it was the "commies"

now it's the "Muslims!"

My fellow Americans - a shamefully large majority of you are freggin idiots.

Well said, except i would like to add that this will never stop because every time the u.s is at war, a new boogie man appears, also it will not stop unless they stop listening to fox and youtube.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

get a fucin out with your suggestion, i would be fucin stoned maybe 20 times already. fuc allah

Well how about fuc you. you are ignorant, and very uneducated. did you go to school in a farm?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pujols5

You can quote from OT all you want. I think I have made it quite clear that I have no more use for the OT than I do the Koran. Both books give a false sense of what God is like. Have a good day now.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
reply to post by pujols5

You can quote from OT all you want. I think I have made it quite clear that I have no more use for the OT than I do the Koran. Both books give a false sense of what God is like. Have a good day now.

Read my posts, i said the torah and the bible. IN OTHER WORDS BOTH THE NEW AND OLD TESTAMENT, DON'T TWIST THE WORDS. Have a good day now

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pujols5

Really? Hmmmmm.... I don't recall Jesus telling followers to kill unbelievers in the NT. The Koran does, and refers to people as dogs and such.

Now, if you want to talk about the whole "Throwing pearls before swine," and "I bring a sword," stuff from the NT, I can explain that to ya quite sufficiently. The NT is, by and large, symbolic. The Koran is NOT!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I can name one country straight off the top of my head. Malaysia.

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by Aeons

There is no place on the planet where people are LEGALLY REQUIRED (or even subliminally oppressed) to refer to the 'God of the Bible' as Allah. Dunno where you got that from.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I'm sorry to ask again, but I am being unable to find this. I am just using google, and I probably don't know the correct words to use in the search (stuff like 'malaysia law islam allah name' doesn't work). Could ya link me one?

EDIT: I found a couple articles now, but they seem to be showing the opposite of what you say. The Church in Malaysia is taking the issue to court that some official tried implementing a law prohibiting them from using 'Allah' to mean the god of the bible (not forcing them to use it, as you said).

[edit on 31-12-2009 by babloyi]

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sr_robert1

That's a great idea. I'd be able to legally beat my wife! I could lock her up in the house and not go to jail. That'd be totally awesome.

Yeah! and all the young virgin girls can get their clits cut off woohooo!!!

WTH? I can't believe people are actually thinking this crap!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join