It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One nation under Allah. Would it be that bad?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
People complain that America is declining in religiousness. So do you think if Islam spread to about 90% of the population that it would be bad? At least people would believe in God and pray five times a day plus we'd have Friday off.

I think Islam will continue getting converts because people research it and find that's its not that bad of a religion and it's nothing like how the media portrays it. Remember after 9/11 people got interested in Islam and started converting.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

That's a great idea. I'd be able to legally beat my wife! I could lock her up in the house and not go to jail. That'd be totally awesome.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The only problem it is the wrong religion.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
"Islam is not that bad of a religion."
Firstly, the youth in this country would set our world aflame. Islam is far too stringent for the paradigm shift that is coming.

Secondly, Islam is not that bad?
Are you kidding me?
I have read parts of the Koran, at least as much as I could stomach, and, yes, Islam IS really that bad.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I've read the whole New testament and there are bits in there I cannot stomach, so it goes both ways.

Religion is nonsense. No matter what God you believe in, you have been deluded.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

What I find disturbing is the fact the OP has posted his location as America. How does this quote from the koran sound:

Sura 47-4: “When you meet the unbelievers, strike off their heads; then when you have made wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives”

Islam is not a religion of peace, it is not cool, nor fashionable.Argue all you wish that it is only the extremist that believe that, but the non-extremist is also reading the same passages.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I know some dedicated muslim people that are more spiritual than most, they pray 5 times a day and practice humilty and humbelness and love and sharing.

I think the muslim religion would be a very good religion on this world we live in however the reputation it has been given by TMSM has done it no favours.

People would simply not accept it based on the missinformation that has bread mistrust.

Like in all religions you have both good and bad people.

Its a shame all the bad ones get the press.

spirit

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I would not care, IF I could secure without revocation, my right to freedom of and FROM religion, without repercussion.

I really, really don't think that would be the case. I DO think that global domination via Islam is the goal. Therefore, I hope to die of old age before Sharia law hits my neighborhood.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This thread skips one major point. Allah is not the word for the Islamic God, it's Arabic for God. In Arabic speaking countries Allah is the term Christians also use for God. Assentualy out money does already say in Allah we trust, only it uses the common English word to describe the creator.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver

What I find disturbing is the fact the OP has posted his location as America. How does this quote from the koran sound:

Sura 47-4: “When you meet the unbelievers, strike off their heads; then when you have made wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives”

Islam is not a religion of peace, it is not cool, nor fashionable.Argue all you wish that it is only the extremist that believe that, but the non-extremist is also reading the same passages.

This part of the Quran was sent down during a war and only applies when in war (even in war times Islam has certain rules, no women or children, only strike those who are armed etc).

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55

I have two words for you, 'Sharia' and 'Law".

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

I've read the whole New testament and there are bits in there I cannot stomach, so it goes both ways.

I feel that way about the Old Testament. The Old Testament, to me, is very remeniscient of the Koran.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Most people probably don't even know what GOD is the acronym for. For those who don't know, I will tell you. Great Omnipotent Deity.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55

I have two words for you, 'Sharia' and 'Law".

What's wrong with the Sharia? How the Sharia is applied in most Arabic countries, (I don't even want to call them Muslim counties) is not how the Sharia is supposed to be applied.

And keep in mind that you are allowed to practice your own religion, nothing is forced upon you. The only period the Jews weren't suppressed or in war, was during the ruling of the Islamic empire (were the Sharia was applied).

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Personally I don't want this. I am a Christian, and frankly it doesn't really matter to me if everyone converts to my religion.

I just don't want religion to be a big deal anymore.

All these religious debacles will sound really asinine and ridiculous 500 years from now; hopefully sooner.

Putting everyone under a non-tolerant religion (and that includes my religion actually) would just impede human growth and potential.

It will take a whole lot of time for us human beings to progress if this is the case. There is beauty and strength in diversity.

Not all people believe in God, what are we going to do about them? How about the homosexuals that these religions have treated very unfairly? How about the Jewish people? What happens to them?

One Nation co-existing and in harmony is a whole lot better.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Uesugi Kenshin8]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well good luck getting Americans to stop eating pork products.

That should be interesting.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

The word God isn't an acronym, not sure where you got that from. It's got roots so far back in history that we're talking proto-Germanic languages that first uttered it.

The Proto-Germanic meaning of *ǥuđán and its etymology is uncertain. It is generally agreed that it derives from a Proto-Indo-European neuter passive perfect participle *ǵʰu-tó-m. This form within (late) Proto-Indo-European itself was possibly ambiguous, either derived from a root *ǵʰeu̯- "to pour, libate" (Sanskrit huta, see hotṛ), or from a root *ǵʰau̯- (*ǵʰeu̯h2-) "to call, to invoke" (Sanskrit hūta). Sanskrit hutá = "having been sacrificed", from the verb root hu = "sacrifice", but a smallish shift of meaning could give the meaning "one who sacrifices are made to".

Depending on which possibility is preferred, the pre-Christian meaning of the Germanic term may either have been (in the "pouring" case) "libation" or "that which is libated upon, idol" — or, as Watkins[1] opines in the light of Greek χυτη γαια "poured earth" meaning "tumulus", "the Germanic form may have referred in the first instance to the spirit immanent in a burial mound" — or (in the "invoke" case) "invocation, prayer" (compare the meanings of Sanskrit brahman) or "that which is invoked".

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Why don't you just browse some of the hate filled English speaking Islamic websites and discover what Islam really is. Then read both the Koran and the Haditha. Then ask yourself if your really braindead enough to want that in your life and the life of your kids and everybody else's kids. I could tell you what I really think of this hideous and despicable religion. But then I would never be allowed to post again.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Sorry, I just have to refrase that and maybe add the whole Surah so you can understand.

Surah 47

47 : 1

1. Those who disbelieve and obstruct other men from the path of Allah, He renders all their good deeds void!

47 : 2

2. Those who believe and perform righteous deeds and believe in that which is revealed to Mohammed, - because that alone is the Truth from their Lord, - He will redeem their sins and ameliorate their status.

47 : 3

3. That is because those who disbelieve follow that which is false while those who believe follow that which is the truth from their Lord! Thus does Allah illustrate their examples for mankind.

47 : 4

4. When you confront in battle those who disbelieve, slash their necks until you have routed them and then secure the rest with firm knots; afterwards, either set them free with kindness or in lieu of ransom until the battle lays down its burden. That is the Command. If Allah had willed He would have taken them to task (without you), except that, He wishes to test each of you by means of the other. And those who are slain in the Cause of Allah, He will never render their sacrifices futile!

quran.worldofislam.info...

As all of this ancient books, this frases are mostly metaphoric. The leader of the community leads the "best" interpretation. Sadly, a good number of communities do not interpret the Quran as it should be and they misunderstand its teachings. The same happens with other religions and their holy books.
This is mostly done because of extremist ideas. Extremist actions leads to other extremist actions in respond. This extremist ideas are very damaging for communities.

Don't you think that blaming a good bunch of people (Islam being today one of the biggest religions with 1.57 billions of followers) for the stupidity of an extremist group who did not interpret Islam as it is written in the Quran isn't an extremist idea as well?

In the Quran it does not say that you can stone a woman, it does not say that you can beat a woman.. That is only in the extremist countries like Saudi and other Wahabi ideals (the majority are from this areas) and this ideas were actually... (believe it or not) influence by the Royal family of England who gave the lands to the Saudi family.

Its crazy... anyone knows about this?

I dont understand why people are so against Islam. Get the real Quran and read it yourself to understand a little bit instead of watching youtube videos made by haters...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I am not saying that Islam should be the religion to follow but what I am trying to say is that you cannot follow the whole hate/terrorism agenda that the media feeds you with all the time.
There is crazy people out there but they are every colour, shape and race.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join