It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One nation under Allah. Would it be that bad?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilHatMan55

Yeah, let's pray to a God that died and nothing else happened! Let's beat our women with sticks if they show their faces in public. Let's go and strap bombs to our asses and blow up people so we can have sex with many virgins. Now, does it sound like you would like that?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Q. One nation under Allah. Would it be that bad?
A. Personally I would not like to follow any religion. And somehow the question does not make sense practically. It is a question of "what if" and it is practically impossible to convert any country into 1 religion whichever it may be. That being said

1. I would not like to follow Islam
2. I would not like to follow Christianity
3. I would not like to follow Hinduism
4. I would not like to follow Sikhism
5. I would not like to follow Judaism.
6. I would not like to follow Buddhism

What I would like to do is respect all religions at same time and believe in all of them at same time but follow none. And this is what I do personally in everyday life. I believe in G-D but not in any religious sense, I do not read scriptures , I do not visit buildings such as temples, church, mosque etc. specially to pray. Ofcourse I have visited all of them, I find them artistically beautiful.

With my family:
when I visited Hindu Temple..I prayed there...
when I visited Muslim Mosque I prayed there...
when I visited Christian Church I prayed there...
when I visited Buddhist Temple I meditated there too.
when I visited Sikh Gurudwara I prayed there...

But I do not believe that any G-D if out there is bound by any religion, scripture or within a building or a stone statue. So that's there for me. I consider myself believing in everything and nothing at same time.

My family environment has played a special role in it, we have family friends who are Muslim and we celebrate Eid with them, we also have family frens who are Sikh and we celebrate Gurunanak Birthday with them, On Christmas we cut cake and decorate tree and wish our Christian frens, on Diwali and Dusherra Hindu festival we burst crackers and exchange sweet with Hindu frens. I like to do all of them and find them great equally.

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingoftheworld
The only problem it is the wrong religion.

Well there's that and the fact that none of them are right.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join