It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal State Exposed?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I don't watch Ghost Hunters anymore but this image caught on thermal to me was the wildest thing that's ever been on the show...

delius

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by delius

That was pretty wild!

Paranormal State bores me to tears. I really expected/hoped/wished it was a better show and quickly grew bored with it and moved on from it.

Ghost Lab. I am kinda "meh" about it. I haven't really warmed up to it yet.

Ghost Adventures. My boys love this show, me.. to be honest it annoys the heck out of me. And like someone said earlier the lead guy is just way to hyper or something. But I do enjoy when they go running and screaming. Anyone see the show where they broke out of the place they were locked in!

I have a soft spot for Ghost Hunters. I can't help it, I just do. But what I want to know is all about the investigations they don't do shows on. And I always love it when Tango messes with Steve and scares him.

GHI. I wish Donna could come back. Anyone know how she is doing? And I really enjoy the locations that they investigate. And yes, I will be watching to see if they do find Hitler's ghost. *where is the blushing icon when you need it??*

But my favorite ones haven't been mentioned. If you have the BIO channel, check out Saturday Nights. I really like "Encounters" where people just talk about their Paranormal experiances. No ghost hunters running around, some reinactments, just telling their personal situations. And I really like "Haunted History" And now they have a new show called "Celebrity Ghost Stories" It is done in the same format as "Encounters" and it is just people telling their ghost experiances.
Check them out, they are worth watching (IMO of course)

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I've always thought that show was a bit staged when I watch it... it's so overproduced... all the fancy mood lighting etc. When I first saw it I thought it was meant to be a fictional tv show or something

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I think all these reality shows...although some more than others do like to share some truth, are for entertainment purposes only. I just read that that Repo Show is all fake. Actors. Lines. Scenes. So......these paranormal shows must be along the same lines.
Personally, TV sucks. I can't even sit to watch it anymore. Besides there being more commercials than show, it all seems phony to me but.....that's me.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoPhish
I can't even sit to watch it anymore.

History Channel and Discovery Channel is good sometimes.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

One can tell its all editing.
That Ryan guy is a silly goose, so imature.

The episode that concerned me was the possesed girl, yet and w I could tell was sexually abused as as a child, manifesting this 'unauthorised abuse of her via a demon' and yet they tormented her with medieval excorcisms.

The show has a ridiculous religious overtone to it.

The cast are all kids playing at being grown up, that occult girl is nothing short of ridiculous and offers nothing to the show.

The most annoying is defn the host ryan and his directors log, what a arrogant piece of work.

I like Ghost adventures but find them a little silly also, but harmless, they dont profess to save people... I suspect we have have brushed past zac on this very site

[edit on 4-1-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Each one of those shows have been proven fake by people who worked on the show, Most Haunted recently had a video leaked, where they were setting up where the rock throwers would be. If you've seen Most Haunted you know what that is. Little stones that are thrown seemingly out of nowhere. Well, the video was leaked of them planning where to set up these stone throwers. Fake.

Ghost Hunters also had a guy who worked on it, I think it was a camera man, who leaked them setting up stunts.

Each one of those shows, obviously had people working on it, and each one of those shows, had a traitor that exposed it.

They want to make a TV Show people would actually watch. Real life is very different.

And I hated that Ryan guy. It was the religious garbage and arrogance, he looks and talks like a preacher in training. He thinks he looks serious, he looks the complete opposite.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by RshachGtsthar]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This show is the biggest discrediting paranormal show I've ever seen...The way its edited alone makes me disgusted just to see the promos...I don't understand what there is to love about the show...Usually theres a family with maybe a kid who maybe thinks they see something and then at the end of the episode they bring in the "psychic" who talks to "spirits" and does nothing. Its the biggest exploitation of the paranormal community there is. Its pathetic that A&E had put so much faith into this show seeing as how its so unbelievable. The only reason why I feel this show is on the air is to compete with Ghost Hunters (I believe they both air wednesday around 10pm). Reality TV to me is a disease that just wont go away. TV in general is becoming a disease but its shows like Paranormal Activity that make me just turn off the t.v. and realize how much smarter I am for not watching it.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I like ghost adventures for the entertainment aspect and used to like ghost hunters but every time an object moves on it's own Grant is in the room...or in the bed...or the jacket.

It's entertainment and that's about it.

Having said that, the reason it interests me is that I've had experiences that I cannot explain and am way too curious about the possibility of the paranormal to give up on it.

How many of you who are skeptical or just know that these shows are all fake still believe in the possibility of actual paranormal events?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I am skeptical of these shows and all claims of the supernatural, but I am open to the possibility and intrigued by the possibility of the paranormal. My mind is always open. I would like to go on a real ghost hunt one day, I ain't scared of no ghost.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I don't watch Paranormal State but from what I've been hearing the people on it are fake-asses.

I remember one of my friends told me about this alpha male character on the show who's always demanding the ghosts beat him, or do some violent act, or something very childish. It's almost like he's insulting us, or the people who actually do believe in ghosts, not to mention the spirits themselves.

Ugh. It's best to watch shows that don't try to claim themselves as anything other than pure entertainment. Case in point, Destination Truth, or if you don't mind the label, The Othersiders on Cartoon Network (which provides some pretty good evidence once in a while).

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Hey badgerprints, Mr Andy, what say we go on a ghost-hunting trip some time?

Well, in response to badgerprints, I gotta say that entertainment is entertainment, and real-life is real-life. In real life, the ghosts don't BANG LOUDLY on things, they don't do large, weird actions - that's all fake.

When I watch such shows that advertise themselves as "fact" I keep an open mind. If, indeed, I see close to undeniable proof like in the Suicide Forest (aokigahara in japan) episode of Destination Truth, where the spirit image just appears and disappears, then definitely my respect for the show goes up.

When I see idiotic shows like on Most Haunted Places on Earth (cancelled some yrs back, narrated by Linda Blair) where hicks are sent into faraway castles and things are rigged to crash and make them scream, I feel disgusted and know for a fact that show isn't treating the believers with respect, so I turn it off.

For me, that line is clearly defined, and it's easy to perceive when it has been crossed.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RshachGtsthar
Each one of those shows have been proven fake by people who worked on the show, Most Haunted recently had a video leaked, where they were setting up where the rock throwers would be. If you've seen Most Haunted you know what that is. Little stones that are thrown seemingly out of nowhere. Well, the video was leaked of them planning where to set up these stone throwers. Fake.

Ghost Hunters also had a guy who worked on it, I think it was a camera man, who leaked them setting up stunts.

Each one of those shows, obviously had people working on it, and each one of those shows, had a traitor that exposed it.

Do you have any links or anything to back this up? I am just genuinely curious and tend to believe you. I just want to see too. U2U me if it is off topic.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

Isn't this the paranormal show where they pray at the beginning. I'm pretty sure I remember catching ten seconds of a show in which they were saying a prayer. So clearly they are throwing science or skepticism out the window in favor of faith.

I used to be a big fan of Ghost Hunters until they started having "Guest Stars" from various other SyFy (previously Sci-Fi) shows. They even had professional wrestlers on. At that point my confidence in their show went down to pretty much zero. HOWEVER Ghost Hunters, while certainly by no means having real evidence (some of it could be, but since it is a reality show, it's best to toss it all out), does teach some pretty solid paranormal investigation techniques. They are skeptical, they attempt to find earthly explanations for most of the noises and phenomenon they come across and they do not like using psychics or religion, they also throw out dust orbs that most investigation groups would claim as paranormal.

So the shows are fake... what does that mean for the paranormal.

Well to the hardcore skeptics it just reassures them in their little bubble... but for people who've experienced the paranormal on numerous occasions there is no going back into that bubble. This stuff is out there and is worthy of actual scientific investigation, not just reality show atmosphere and night vision amateurs.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Yeah paranormal state put a big religious spin on their show and has featured at least a couple of exorcisms and house cleansing. It turned me off but in all honesty I found this show seemed to have the least amount of evidence in most of their investigations so I thought it would have had less likely of a chance to have been staged.

From what I have seen, Ghost Adventures seems to come up with the most evidence in their investigations. I don't feel that Ghost Lab is skeptical enough in their investigations, while Ghost Hunters will capture some amazing evidence on occasion though this most recent season seemed to be all about "footsteps". I don't know what to make of any of it since I haven't experienced any ghost hunting myself to compare it to. I guess "innocent until proven guilty" is the way I see it now.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by delius

Yeah, that is what I seen, pretty freaky if it's real!

reply to post by RshachGtsthar

Can you please put a link up for these fakes, i've not heard of them? would be interested to see!

Thanks

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Finally. I got to the end of a thread I was interested in, so I can comment:

First of all, I'm in Iraq right now, and I'm bored, so I might ramble a little, but I've read the prior replies, and I think I have some contributions that haven't been touched on, so please, read on. Also, since I'm in Iraq, I miss watching these shows. I gotta say I've never seen Paranormal State (as far as I know), so I do apologize if I'm off subject, but I do have interest in Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures.

Secondly, I am a skeptic. That doesn't mean I can't believe in these things, but GENERALLY, I need to experience something before I believe it.

Sure, I don't think it's ALL real, but I find SOME of the evidence very compelling. I tend to give some credit to some of it, and wonders what everyone thinks about: the lighthouse footage where the camera's looking up the lighthouse and catches what appears to be a shadow looking over the railing (Ghost Hunters); the civil war soldier's image that was caught on the (I don't know why it'd be there) locker door (Ghost Hunters); and since a bunch of the repliers like Ghost Adventures, I'm suprised no one's mentioned one of the only episodes I've seen, where on the IR shadow, you see a shadow of a hand grab the main guy, and at the same time, he says he feels something grab him, or something. THAT made me start to like the show. Also, if anything will get a response from a bunch of ghosts, it's making them angry, even if it's for showmanship. Just to be on the safe side, I don't think I'd personally try to make an "entity" ANGRY, so I like to watch someone else do it.

Trying to conclude: I try not to hate if the show seems most likely authentic. Sure, you're going to get a lot of the bad for a little of the good, but if you aren't experiencing it for yourself, then are you not going to believe any of it? Any paranormal footage could be called a hoax. Even though everything should be open to some scrutiny, I don't think you can discredit it all because of some/most of it being bogus. Even if a show's a fraud, visiting these "hotspots" really ups the chances of ACTUALLY getting some evidence. It's not like the show'll say, "Hey, we've been lying up until now, but we caught this footage! Check it out!" I guess since I need to experience it to truly believe, so I actually plan on doing some amatuer investigating of my own (even then, I'll be questioning my own senses and footage).

[edit on 8-1-2010 by japhrimu]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
At the risk of upsetting the Christians (please look at my past posts, I'm not anti-Christian) I found this show to be simply a Christian vehicle.

Nearly every show has some kind of reference to accepting Jesus as your lord and saviour, or has some kind of 'exorcism' presented (if you actually check history, exorcisms are extremely rare and require some kind of Vatican seal of approval. These shows seems to fire them off at the drop of a hat. This must be just for the ratings). They try to present themselves as scientific investigators, and then have an impromptu prayer session. That 'psychic' they have - Chip - is ridiculous. He's more about self promotion than anything. As someone with a spiritualist background (careful, now, I said 'background' and not 'ingrained belief system') I've seen so many psychics in action. He's possibly the worst. There's way too much opinion and emotion with him.

As I mentioned, I'm not bashing the Christians - they have every right to believe what they believe - just the premise of selling this programme as a study in paranormal but really presenting a Christian agenda.
They'd be better putting this out on TBN than A&E.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Naughty Derek!

Whats worse is that this guy is still making money from being a 'psychic'.

Oh and Yvette Fielding needs to stop being such a woman... or get back in the kitchen. Eithers fine by me.

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by japhrimu

The one with the image on the locker is my favorite piece of evidence from Ghost Hunters, along with the very clear EVP of that woman that replied "Of course I'm here, where are you?" when asked if she was there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join