It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal State Exposed?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I am more optimistic than many of you are when it comes to these shows. I have watched many investigations where TAPS haven't caught anything unusual. I can even recall an episode of Paranormal State where nothing interesting occurred, and we already have the evidence to suggest that the producers are faking the evidence on that show. In fact, its really common for an investigation of Ghost Hunters to include nothing but a personal experience or two. I personally don't believe that evidence has been faked on Ghost Hunters, I think if it was a fake show we would regularly be seeing spectacular "evidence". Instead, we typically only hear a questionable EVP or two and footsteps.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The best things I seen on ghost hunters, was the dark shape in eastern state penitentiary, and the supposed ghost walking around on thermal, very cool but i'm still unsure about it's actual authenticity, gotta keep yourself open for fraud, especially with a tv show!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by valiant

are you talking about that black mass that seemed to disappear and run away at eastern state prison ??? I thought that was pretty good evidence untill I saw a video on youtube debunking it, .... you can CLEARLY see that it is someone in a black blanket backing up and then running away.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Paranormal State is so staged. Somehow there is a demonic force or possesion involved in almost every episode. They cart that priest out to exorcise someone every other episode, he must have racked up some frequent flier miles!

Ghost hunters, at least they try to debunk things, not everything is paranormal. Sure some personal experiences we should take with a grain of salt but for the most part it is enjoyable.

Ghost lab, boring. I also question they seem to find crazy evidence almost every show. By the way, boring!

There was another show called Extreme paranormal, only on for a few episodes. That was faked as well, some pretty lame things going on.

Psychic kids, a litte weird considering Chip takes the kids by themselves to some dark basement.

Havent seen Ghost adventures, what station is it on?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crw2006

Ghost Adventures is on the Travel Channel on Friday nights- 9 or 10pm
Great show, they get some really great paranormal evidence. My fav was when they were at a Louisiana plantation and heard Voodoo chanting in one of the slave cabins. Def check them out!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

I liked that one too. I believe there was also another building nearby with a light turning on and off yet they never went inside to see if anyone was there..

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Yeah that's the one,

thanks i'll have to have a look for that

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
From the moment I have seen Paranormal State, I smelt bullcrap. Too easy to see right through that it's crap.
The other shows are ok to very good. Nothing really bad to say though.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Personally I think Ghost Adventures is a terrible show. The main guy is seems to be jacked up on steroids and wearing ed hardy/affliction clothing. He get's overly excited and seems to think EVERYTHING is paranormal. I don't think any of the show's are legit. Network's want to make money, that's all. They don't care about real evidence or the paranormal. The only dead people they care about are the ones on the money they are trying to make.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

I have been a paranormal investigator for a few years and I've come to loathe these shows... especially paranormal state. I used to be a fan of Ghost Hunters, but even they have begun to really put me off. I don't care who you are or how good of a ghost hunter/paranormal expert you claim to be... NOBODY finds evidence during every. single. investigation. It just doesn't happen! Even if a location is VERY haunted and crawling with spirits, it doesn't mean that they're going to come out and play just because you are there and wanting to see them. I have no doubt that *some* evidence on these shows is genuine, but IMO, any show that comes up with evidence in every single episode is fake and in it for the ratings.

I had more faith in Ghost Hunters back when they would do their investigations and declare certain places to be not haunted. Even though, you can't make a decision as to whether or not a place is haunted, just based on one investigation, T.A.P.S were more believable back then. Now, I think they're sell outs. They stayed legit long enough to gain some popularity and now I think most of it is for show. I even think Jason is bored with it.

Thanks for posting this! I've always been VERY suspicious of paranormal state and this just kind of confirms what I've suspected all along.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Originally posted by Algebra

What about you?

Ghost Adventures is the most real and best ghost show (in my opinion).
Ghost Hunters is too boring and looks staged.
Ghost Lab is ok.
Most Haunted is good.
Paranormal State is complete crap.

"Most Haunted", isn't that the show that is the 'fakest' paranormal show that has ever aired in TV history? It's actually been proven its a fake, I hope it doesn't happen to any other shows, because I see Ghost Adventures and Ghost Lab as authentic looking and Ghost Hunters used to be good (now pretty boring since I've seen it all before).

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791

Originally posted by Algebra

What about you?

Ghost Adventures is the most real and best ghost show (in my opinion).
Ghost Hunters is too boring and looks staged.
Ghost Lab is ok.
Most Haunted is good.
Paranormal State is complete crap.

"Most Haunted", isn't that the show that is the 'fakest' paranormal show that has ever aired in TV history? It's actually been proven its a fake, I hope it doesn't happen to any other shows, because I see Ghost Adventures and Ghost Lab as authentic looking and Ghost Hunters used to be good (now pretty boring since I've seen it all before).

If you'd read earlier posts then you would have got my point of view on most haunted and any so called paranormal show. There all fake mate wake up and smell the coffee. There on T.V. Thats all the information you need. You cant say that one's fake and one's not. There all under the same banner. Entertainment no matter what.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Chip friggin Coffey. Dont get me started on this fraud. Only way I'll ever believe him is the day he says that an evil male spirit is taunting him and calling him gay!
I mean seriously though, dont you think a spirit might do that if it was mean and existed?

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.oneParanormal State and Ghost Hunters are both rediculous shows.

The only ghost show I watch now is Ghost Adventures and I think it's the best ghost show out of all of them.

I like them.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It is nice to see that there are others out there not buying all the crap put out by these shows.

Ghost Hunters - Was originally a good show that I felt took the right approach. That not everything is haunted, there are possible explanations for most things and without more than one form of evidence then it is not so. Recently, I have noticed that they quit saying something is not haunted. They beat around the bush and say some crap like "just because we didn't see anything does not mean it is not here." Like they are trying to save face with the client. Well if they want to do the client right then investigate more than a couple of hours, return a week later and do some more then make a decision. If ghost could tell time and kept schedule then it would be easy for everyone to see a ghost. There is speculation out there that says they are fake, I believe it is the jacket pull on one of their live shows that people say is faked and admitted to by them so their credibility is shot already. However, it is worth watching if you are interested in this type of investigating even if for no other reason then the purpose of seeing new tech ideas.

Ghost Adventures - Is a good show all in all. I like this show probably the most because IMO they play with the one emotion that is universal. ANGER. If you piss someone off they will react. Stands to reason that if anyone will get a response then it would be them. However, in recent shows it seems they have slacked a little on the provoking. Maybe they are getting soft?? Still good except the orbs and "enhanced audio". IMO if you have to enhance it then it is more likely an mechanical occurrence than a paranormal one. Still the best IMO.

Ghost Lab - I like that they spent the money to go at it with science. However, they do always seem to find something and react to it. To their credit though they have said "I don't know" to some things so maybe they are trying to be legit. It is the first season though so that may not last long.

Most Haunted - Well interesting places that I would like to visit just for the historical value. However, annoying with all that screaming and crap. She yells at the top of her lungs and then ask, "did you hear that". Well hell no, you were screaming you jack ass. Then play back the audio to let us hear it again. Once again we hear her yell at the top of her lungs. Imagine that. That right there is the only paranormal thing I see on that show. You would have to conclude that anyone who thinks you could hear something as soft as a whisper while they were screaming at the top of their lungs would have to be considered "PARANORMAL"

Paranormal State - Well I was on the fence with this one because I don't like how they go in with the attitude that there is something there. It is kind of hard to understand the idea of "investigating" when an obvious conclusion has already been made. It is one thing to believe that paranormal/ghostly activity exist and something totally different to go in with any assumptions. So this posting was extremely helpful in finding another reason to dislike this show. I always believed it was crap anyways but it is nice to have some proof. I still watch it though if for no other reason then entertainment value. I mean where else can you sit down and watch supposed devout catholics and any other religion work together. I mean the crusades was because the pope demanded you kill another religion for no other reason then they were of another religion. That is funny just as it is. Then to watch them "support" the rituals of other religions. Just flat out insane. Too much fun.

Of course this is IMO!! So no offense intended towards anyone.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Algebra

I know they are all entertainment, but it doesn't mean every ghost show are all completely fake. I can't stand Most Haunted because it's just so obvious that everything they do is made up while shows like Ghost Lab seem to be authentic, but I can't say definitively that it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Thank you to the OP for presenting that information. I did attempt to click the blog link, but received a message saying that the blog no longer exists.

I got turned off of watching Paranormal State because it seemed to me like a bunch of snot-nosed wanna-be's that take themselves way too seriously. There were a couple shows that made me think, "hmmm", but Chip Coffee's gregariously effeminate theater performances serve as an effective antidote against the suspension of disbelief.

I watched many Ghost Hunters shows, but over time I found myself becoming more and more disinterested. I think this process started when they fixed a person's plumbing in the middle of an investigation. Roto Rooter to the rescue!

The editing of Ghost Hunters, specifically the 'next week's episode' portion seen at the end of every show, ended up establishing a pattern of disappointment. One week the preview implied that one of the investigators had a physical confrontation (complete with gasp and "Oh my god!"), when you actually viewed the episode, you were treated to the investigator responding to a spider web.

Whenever I see an ad for Ghost Hunters now, I just think, "Hey Tango" (a phrase uttered during the analysis phase of every single EVP session). Don't get me started on "Ghost Hunters International".

My opinion about Ghost Lab is that Brad & Barry take themselves a little too seriously. From the baseball cap, black t-shirt, and swat tactical vest uniforms while chasing shadow people (not caught on tape), to Mike Rowe's "the team casts their electronic net over the building", to the heavily enhanced unintelligible EVPs ("OMG, You are NOT going to believe this!"), Ghost Lab is entertaining at best. They catch some very thought-provoking evidence, but tend to go out on a limb in every episode.

The only Ghost show that I think is doing anything DIFFERENT is Ghost Adventures. If you look at Paranormal State, Ghost Hunters, and Ghost Lab, they all have one thing in common: They don't stay in the area very long.

Ghost Adventures is unique in that they are physically locked in to the investigation site for an entire night, just the three of them. They tend to take more liberties with provocation, which in the very least makes it entertaining to watch. I also appreciate the fact that the 3 guys do their best to avoid the use of the visual light spectrum, instead spending most of their time in the dark, using the IR spectrum. That alone makes their show stand out above the rest. These guys do things that I wouldn't personally have the courage to do.

Ghost Adventures definitely stretches with some of their material, but I have more respect for them compared to the actors in the other shows. It is an easier viewing experience for me, because they present EVPs during the investigation (rather than having you wait until a break, or until the end).

Anyways, I hope this post isn't considered off-topic. I did use the search function and read the entire thread before posting. I commented on Paranormal State, which is on-topic, and noticed other users posting about their opinions on the other ghost shows, so figured that it would be safe for me to weigh-in.

[edit on 2-1-2010 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I just watched the newest Paranormal state because it was filmed in my area. I find it to be one of the most distasteful shows I have ever seen now. The boy who is missing is most likely dead and the mother still lives in this area. You did not see her on the show because she did not want a show about her sons ghost being aired because she holds out hope that he is still alive.

The blond chick that owns the house is an attention seeker that works at the local wal-mart and wants to be something in a small town that life just won't let her be. I am around those woods all the time and have hunted near them once or twice. You can see by other post I have made that I am a believer in the paranormal but they had to have staged this because until they started up this stuff nobody thought the area was haunted now everyone has seen or heard something near there.

By the way the kid that came up missing was 13 but the part they dont really say is he would only be like 21 or 22 now so it isnt like everyone that cared about him isn't still alive and they all still live in the town that it was filmed in. I feel so sorry for them and hope that anyone else sharring my distaste would please email A&E and let them know how far they steped over the line.

Feel free to U2U me if you want a link to the boys facebook as the search still goes on. I don't want to just throw his name around out of respect for the family but they have a facebook account trying to find him.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bcroper

Thank you for the post. I also watched the episode and at the time thought nothing of it. Because of your post I fully understand how insensitive the show was in regards to the family of the missing boy. I can understand how this would of reopened old wounds. I cannot speak for all but I personally am sorry that one family was hurt for the entertainment of the masses. Definitely tasteless at best. I will take the time to write A&E and express my discontent for such things. They could have been more sensitive to the feelings of those involved with that specific case. There is a lot they could of left out without damaging their own "investigation". IMO this information alone should be enough for others to see the true compassion of the PRS group, the A&E network and the production crew of Paranormal State.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I watch these shows for one reason only... to get the basic information from the individuals who are witnessing such events. ..Look past the actors and listen to the person that they are happening to. If the actors say “we discovered” or “I found” ect ect, assume it was the people who experienced this phenomena. Some of these people don’t realize there are other ways to get the experience across to the public, they watch tv and assume it’s the only way to get us to hear their story. If we stop watching these shows some poor innocent people could get hurt by what they are experiencing. So look past the dodgy actors, the silly tones of their voices and listen to the experience/happening of the victim.
It’s called filtering out the trash, but someone needs to fill the trash can first.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join