It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressing Christmas for us soldiers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
how can we get a hold of this guys ip to check

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner
Yeah I call BS. And if it's not BS then I'm sorry to see such a disrespectful whiny little twerp in the military. You should be dishonorably discharged.

You can disagree without violating the T & C with your name calling and rudeness.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

You're there by choice. Your choice.

You chose to give up civilian life for your own reasons but one of the consequences, of which you must surely have been aware, was separation from friends and family at Christmas.

I have little sympathy for your hurt feelings or loneliness.

Is your avatar photograph really you ?

You looked more like a hired killer than any soldier I've ever seen.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Man its christmas eve why the hate on for the guy. You can't be sure one way or the other where he is so why blast him?

Theres a lot of people who could use a smile and a merry christmas man and regardless of where the OP is he is one of them. Why not get in the spirit?

Merry Christmas man and thanks from the bottom of my heart for your bravery and willingess to do your job even when the purpose for your deployment may not be clear. Keep safe and I hope you get home soon.

Cheers

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Christmas is overrated anyway, contact with humans is overrated too, to a degree.

Every christmas is competing with other christmases for the prize of the biggest disappointment.
Christmas succeeds in disappointing even when you don't have any expectations, I don't know how but dammit it succeeds, every single time.

Ulala, I'm in Finland right now, wanna go out for a cigarette so I can depress you with my whining?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a bad holiday, unfortunately that's part of what comes with being in the military. Hope you get to see your family soon.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
You sound more like a 12 year old than a die hard American soldier, man up a little would you. I served for 14 years, so I know the drills, with that being said, thank you for your service, hooah!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I'm in Scotland, United Kingdom right now, otherwise I'd take you up on your offer of a whining session and a cig ;-)

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala

You're there by choice. Your choice.

You chose to give up civilian life for your own reasons but one of the consequences, of which you must surely have been aware, was separation from friends and family at Christmas.

I have little sympathy for your hurt feelings or loneliness.

Is your avatar photograph really you ?

You looked more like a hired killer than any soldier I've ever seen.

I agree. Army life involves sacrifices...and these days we have choice.

Many of us are having crappy Christmases dude. I have no family in my city and am single, so Christmas isn't isn't much fun for me either.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
You sound more like a 12 year old than a die hard American soldier, man up a little would you. I served for 14 years, so I know the drills, with that being said, thank you for your service, hooah!

Goddamnit, why are military types so stereotypical?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

Whining sessions and cigarettes, good times.

I guess I'll just have to do with ATS, merry christmas to you all!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As was said when I was in:

Suck it UP Soldier!

You signed up for a paycheck.. now do your duty!

Uncle Sam did not issue you a family in your U-Bag ... Uncle Sam issued you competent trained brothers instead..

Be thankful for them and get your AS* Home ASAP!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have truly NEVER been MORE DISGUSTED with reading a thread than Iam right now.
WHAT THE F IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU???
Whether the OP is a soldier or not, and YES ATS DOES HAVE MEMBERS THAT ARE..who the heck are all of you to put him or anyone else down that makes the choice to serve their country in a time of war or peace and take up arms and lay down their lives so you can sit on your ass posting on the internet without getting blown up.
Merry freakin Christmas.
To the OP..
admirable what you do..and Iam extremely saddened by the lack of respect shown here.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
you're an honest guy. merry christmas.

avoid looking at the nozzle of firearms.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I'll tell ya why there's disrespect, son. Back when I was in 'Nam I had Charlie all over me. Now, I didn't think about Santa giving me gifts, but I made damn sure that me and my comrades made it out of that god forsaken forest alive. I ran out of ammunition and I thought I was done for. I lit a cigar, chugged back on some whiskey and took out 30 Vietcong a$$holes with nothing but a butter knife and my bare fists.

The things I was willing to do for my country. I'm a goddamn patriot, and here I have this sissyboy whinin' about his time in the Corps.

Makes me sick to my stomach. COWBOY THE HELL UP! OOH-RAH!

...Well, that's what I would've said if I were one of ATS' resident badass military recruits.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Funny stuff. Not really. I remember in 1968 or was it 1969 (?) going to a shopping mall and I was just a young girl. My father was in Viet Nam and there were people in the shopping mall offering to make a cassette recording and Christmas greeting to my father and any active military serving in Viet Nam. Mind you cassette players were pretty new back then and this was a free service. No one had every expressed support or sympathy to me ever before on this subject...as unpopular and catastrophic as that war seemed to be and not living on a post or base we were pretty much invisible and isolated.

I just wonder what sort of technology and services are offered to military dependents these days? I later asked my dad if he ever got that recording and he said he did but he never really ever talked about that war and seemed embarrassed about the cassette recording. I would never say that my father was a typical military type...though he was a lifer. I have yet to meet a typical/stereotypical military type. He was very damaged by that war though, in my opinion and I won't talk about it any more than that either.

People can be whoever they want to be on the internet to a certain extent and I am going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt.

While we're on the subject my heart goes out to the often ignored military dependents out there who are missing their deployed or active duty loved ones and worrying constantly...especially the children who are never compensated for the service and sacrifices the whole family makes and definitely did not sign up for those sacrifices willingly where it could be argued that the spouses do to a certain extent. Do I sound whiny? Suck on it. I'm a non-dependent civilian now and Merry Christmas to you too.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
his whining reminds me of a phil hendrie bit where 16 year old RC colins wants to join the infantry, but he want the option of backing out if he gets cold feet befor jumping off the plane.

I also read all of your posts, and take nothing back from what I said.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It seems like so many are down and blue! Go read the thread I posted yesterday and read what people wrote... think about it.. it will help out a little!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ps. i don't care for stars/flags, just want you to read some of it... it won't hurt, i promise!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Merry Christmas to you and the rest of our American's fighting in the middle east. We miss you and we love you all!! Come home safely! You all deserve to be at home with your families.

WE LOVE OUR TROOPS!!!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

battle,

keep your head up. godspeed, and hope u make it home soon. merry christmas from one soldier to another,

Spc. Stinebaugh

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join