It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressing Christmas for us soldiers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mosesgunner

You can kiss my ass. If you're American you should be ashamed. A lot easier to talk sitting in front of your computer, than it is in a war zone, you P.O.S. If you think being a soldier is easy than i encourage you to enlist. If not you should keep your friggin mouth shut.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Sorry about your situation. Wish I could offer you hope of a war ending soon. It won't happen. If you want my opinion, you are probably going to spend the rest of your life fighting a war somewhere. Our corrupt leaders depend on war to keep the economy pumping and the citizenry under bondage to TPTB.

The only positive bent is that you at least have a job, such as it is. Many back here don't and probably won't for a long time.

Reading this thread should be a warning to young people thinking of "signing up". Better think long and hard. You sign up today for what you think is a limited commitment, only to find out they have you for as long as they want. BigGov lies, robs and kills. War resolves nothing.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Pray for peace ....

I have the highest respect for the U.S. military, but remember you can always exercise your rights, as a CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTOR.

IMO, wars need to be fought by the politicians who create them.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by seasoul]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I certainly hope those over there at home have a merry christmas. What with all the military invading their country and whatnot, should be pretty hard.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Merry Christmas to you and to all our service men and women! I hope you can return home soon. HUGS

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by mosesgunner

You can kiss my ass. If you're American you should be ashamed. A lot easier to talk sitting in front of your computer, than it is in a war zone, you P.O.S. If you think being a soldier is easy than i encourage you to enlist. If not you should keep your friggin mouth shut.

This is what I wanted to say, but it serves no one to add fuel to the fire my friend.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Not for the freedom of the corporate lapdogs but rather for the profits of the corporate scum. I salute you and your fellow troops. Never forget that you are in our hearts. We will soon come to a day where there will be accountability for these staged wars.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hi. I just want to send you warm wishes and know that you and your buddies are thought about. Many of us wish you were home with your families; the love that is so important. Well I hope for the best for all of you under the circumstances and I put it out there in the universe that you all can get home sooner rather than later.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala

You're there by choice. Your choice.

You chose to give up civilian life for your own reasons but one of the consequences, of which you must surely have been aware, was separation from friends and family at Christmas.

I have little sympathy for your hurt feelings or loneliness.

Is your avatar photograph really you ?

You looked more like a hired killer than any soldier I've ever seen.

Just briefly, I think that some of our military personnel find themselves in the middle of something OTHER than what they thought they signed up for!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Brother you are the true definition of a Hero and I want you to know that we need good men and women in the belly of the beast, you will be the voice of sanity that will bring our boys and girls home to save this country.

Wake them up.

God Bless you and stay safe.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You could have stayed USA and continue study or get another job, no?
It's not our problem and we don't need to have pity for you, it was your fault deal with it dude.
You wanted to be mr. hero, etc then be it.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You chose to give up civilian life for your own reasons but one of the consequences, of which you must surely have been aware, was separation from friends and family at Christmas.

What a most asinine thing to say, obviously you have never been in the service or had relatives that have.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I thought my Christmas sucked... Well now I realize I don't really have anything to complain about. A few years ago I was talking to this guy and some of his friends, and he was talking about going into Iraq all confident about it. I looked into his eyes trying to be real about it and didn't know what to say. He sorta mocked me saying, "Look he doesn't know anything about it." And I said only where he could hear me, "No I don't."

Point is war is hell and it lasts a long time and it's pointless. I see him sometimes now and I think he understands me better now. But we don't talk.

There are those of us back at home that can't even manage to have a good Christmas. I am one of those, even though I did everything I could to give it a chance of being memorable, that fell through. I sit here quietly and seem to have the same thing as you. But I'll make the best of it for sure now that I read this...

If I am not over there fighting with you I am supportive of Anti-War stances and politicians... but that doesn't do any good either, this isn't going to change. Keep your sanity and come back home, there is tons to look forward to. My Christmas might not be great but even I know that.

edit: I know your video was more upbeat than this, and I liked it. But I've had this song on my mind for DAYS, and only this morning did I finally talk myself into looking it up. Hope it gives you some peace.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Novise]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hes defending everyones right to say everything their saying here, do you understand that? It's called freedom of speech, freedom, liberty, to say anything you want, as long as it's not a threat, it's freedom of speech. I am more disgusted at his psst poor attitude, and childish behavior, he knew what he signed up for, it's not easy, it's not pretty, it's "WAR." At the same time I thank him for his service, but don't cry about it, and make all the rest of the soldiers look bad.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I feel for you bud. Ex-navy myself, and I was always out to sea for Christmas. I know that doesn't compare with your situation. I served from 78 to 84, so the only thing I had to deal with was the Iran hostage crisis. Even then, I was safe and comfortable aboard a floating fortress, not exposed to people wanting to kill me like you are. Still, I know the "I wish I were home" feeling.

It seems the holiday season rolls around, at some point my thoughts turn to the Christmas Truce of WW1. Soldiers on both sides said, "Look, you're Christians, we're Christians, lets stop fighting and celebrate Christmas for a while." They did, and even after Christmas they didn't want to go back to fighting. After all, why would a true Christian want to fight and kill other Christians? Or anyone else, for that matter. Finally their commanders set them straight. "If you don't fight the enemy we will kill you!" A defining moment in the 20th century.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mosesgunner
Yeah I call BS. And if it's not BS then I'm sorry to see such a disrespectful whiny little twerp in the military. You should be dishonorably discharged.

I feel bad for you my friend. If this is a soldier trying to reach out to people, then he made a mistake with you because a comment like yours informs me that you're far beneath sub-human.

Whether his statement is B.S. or not, your lack of any dignity, humanity, or respect especially during the Christmas season lets me know that you must be a curse for anyone who knows you...including your family.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Gave up on any good coming of my essay long post. Merry Christmas to the fellow soldiers, My battle buddies, The families of battle buddies lost who are often forgotten. Merry Christmas to the doubters, the whiners, the #in fat idiots here with no respect for anything. Stop loss come home soon. thank you for your service and all else here who have served. good night all!

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Barak89]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
just desert and go to jail , take the punishment as jesus did and get on with your life,
heck that make headline news anywhere u.s army on strike or even better deserts , the goverment made its voice heard when it wanted your soul in line of fire instead of its leaders , now go make your voice heard and tell the goverment it can do its dirty laundy it self.

merry xmass and get back alive with dignity.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Jesus there is so much emotion in here. Some people in here need to take a chill pill. Regardless if this guy is a real GI or not it seems he is lonely and would like some attention. If you can't be nice for even one day of the year and humour a poor soul who is obviously crying out for some attention what right do you have to call yourself human?

Cut the guy some slack I don't care if the story is BS or not merry Christmas buddy. I'm an a$$ hole most of the year, I'm trying to be a better person and everyday is a challenge. As clearly evident by some of the posts in here some of you are losing that battle.

Can't this forum go 1 day without pissing on somebodys parade. How sad must your life be?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I don't recall stop-loss being unfriendly to you. I don't recall a single charged statement that came from his keyboard to yours...so, what's got you all heated? As a matter of fact, he wished everyone well during their holiday season.

If you're this much of a pleasure to be around during Christmas, then it really must be a blast to enjoy your company 24/7, 365 days a year. Something tells me that would be almost a death sentence.

Question...what kind of reptile skin does your significant other have?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join