It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressing Christmas for us soldiers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Can't this forum go 1 day without pissing on somebodys parade. How sad must your life be?

Exactly, I notice this on other threads too. It's like the first person to call BS gets points or something.

He sent us a youtube video, send him a video on here that made your day better if you have anything. Mine might not be the same style as his, but it was what was reasonating with me lately.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
He is so heated because he thinks he has to act like that. Just because a soldier enlisted doesn't mean he wanted to go to Iraq. Yes he may have known where he is going but let me tell you all something.. not every soldier wants to go kill innocent people rape women and shoot children like we are led to believe, Iraq and Afghanistan SUCK, the air sucks, the sand sucks, the heat sucks, drinking water till you throw up suck, missing your girl back home sucks, yes i get paid to do my job, like all other soldiers. Yes i volunteered, yes i fight when called. but no i do not enjoy it, i just hold onto my battle buddies and bring them and myself back alive. Stop loss is obviously in need of a little help right now, all who serve need it at some point. those of you that do serve. this is his moment. show some respect. its Christmas for #s sake. you could try to not be an asshole for one day. get over yourself for one day.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I can't thank you enough for what you do out there. You guys are the reasons why we are truly safe. It's bull# that you have to be away from your families for so long! I wish you and every soldier there a Merry Christmas (even though it won't be merry...) and PLEASE be safe out there...

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
reply to post by AccessDenied

I'll tell ya why there's disrespect, son. Back when I was in 'Nam I had Charlie all over me. Now, I didn't think about Santa giving me gifts, but I made damn sure that me and my comrades made it out of that god forsaken forest alive. I ran out of ammunition and I thought I was done for. I lit a cigar, chugged back on some whiskey and took out 30 Vietcong a$$holes with nothing but a butter knife and my bare fists.

The things I was willing to do for my country. I'm a goddamn patriot, and here I have this sissyboy whinin' about his time in the Corps.

Makes me sick to my stomach. COWBOY THE HELL UP! OOH-RAH!

...Well, that's what I would've said if I were one of ATS' resident badass military recruits.

Who cares??? It was another B.S. war. And personally, I don't care how many V.C. that you killed. It doesn't make you more of a man, its just more karmic baggage that you've got to shed before you die. Do you think that blood will be washed away with testosterone and OOH-RAHS? I would hate to be you in my last 30 seconds of life. By the way...I do happen to know that even in the golden days of the military, they equipped their soldiers with far more than butter knives. Nice try on that one.

As far as the OP...thanks for showing that soldiers are human too. And personally, even if you're not a soldier, I still give you respect for your post. Much love and humanity to every ATS'er. That includes the insensitive, testosterone filled macho junkies that have seen too many movies.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
O.P. even though im an Aussie i too thank you and all who have the intention of protecting us.
Hold your head high and be proud of yourself and your squad.
I kinda know how you feel(im Divorced and rarely get to see my children).

To those hating on the OP ...pull your heads outa your ass's and get some oxygen.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jolois
You could have stayed USA and continue study or get another job, no?
It's not our problem and we don't need to have pity for you, it was your fault deal with it dude.
You wanted to be mr. hero, etc then be it.

Absolutely amazing...

I cannot believe how many people that I've actually responded to that have this sort of crap attitude against another human being during the happiest time of the year. Am I the only one disgusted by this???

It would be one thing if the OP came to ATS to chastise others, belittle those who don't serve, or to be a general nuisance, but no...he wished everyone a happy holiday and this seems to be his overall reward.

Unbelievable. If you have any humanity left, and I don't see much, I hope it doesn't disintegrate within the acid pumping through your veins.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hes defending everyones right to say everything their saying here, do you understand that? It's called freedom of speech, freedom, liberty, to say anything you want, as long as it's not a threat, it's freedom of speech. I am more disgusted at his psst poor attitude, and childish behavior, he knew what he signed up for, it's not easy, it's not pretty, it's "WAR." At the same time I thank him for his service, but don't cry about it, and make all the rest of the soldiers look bad.

My friend...I think you're the one making the soldiers look bad. Just an opinion. And yeah, he's fighting for your right to downgrade him for feeling lonely. Free Speech bought and paid for by oil greed. So, on that point, I agree with you.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Wow, who would've thought a few lines from a depressed deployed soldier over the holidays would be so polarizing.

I guess I'm lucky the internet wasn't around back when I was deployed over the holidays. Otherwise I might've made the mistake of reaching out for comfort as this young soldier has.

Merry Christmas soldier, and keep looking forward to getting back to the world and getting on with your life, that'll get you through the crap.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
hey I might be exposing my ignorance here but I've never understood why my countries soldiers (australia) get all the support roles, the dutch lose all there battles, and the U.S are stuck with the backwater locales?

wouldn't it make more sense to have the U.S soldiers who have been stuck fighting the crap battles, be replaced by the newly trained Afghani soldiers, who are keen to fight the taliban, and then use the U.S soldiers in the same roles as australia, training afgahni's and building schools and stuff, eventually you could get it so that the only soldiers defending #holes (or any fighting roles at all) are the afgahni's and all the foreign troops end up in training and support roles, and then pulled out of the country completely? that would leave the afgahni's fully equipped to finally fight there own war themselves, and let our troops finally come home? win/win situation right?

just a thought, would love some perspective on this.

-B.M

P.S) sorry I can't remember where you said you were and I don't know which 'people' live there... no offence intended by my talking about afgahni's and taliban if thats not relevant, I simply don't know

[edit on 24/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

You're certainly not the only one digusted by these types of posts. I think they're rediculous. If you have nothing good to say to show your support for the soldiers over seas, especially at Christmas, then you shouldn't be saying anything.

OP, please, ignore the bastards. We love you guys, and can't wait for our soldiers to come back home! We're proud of all of you.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No offense, but why don't you come home and deal with those 'domestic'?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

It's not our problem and we don't need to have pity for you, it was your fault deal with it dude.

I don't think anyone is asking for pity here. People have different ways of expressing their feelings. And even if he were asking for pity, sometimes it's better to be kind than to be negatively vocal.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111

I don't think anyone is asking for pity here. People have different ways of expressing their feelings. And even if he were asking for pity, sometimes it's better to be kind than to be negatively vocal.

acturly two negatives equal positive

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Hang in there, you got one of the toughest jobs around. Not to many people want to walk in your shoes.THANK-YOU

I know it can get lonely and depressing around the holidays being so far away from home. We are thinking about all of you back home.

And you know about Afghanistan. My nephew is leaving to go there in a few days. Steve is going to kick the Talibans butt.

Have a Mary Christ mas to you and your family and to your extended family in Iraq.

[edit on 12/24/2009 by Katie]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
fight there own war themselves, and let our troops finally come home? win/win situation right?

[edit on 24/12/09 by B.Morrison]

That would be ideal, but wheres the money in that!?

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Some of the replies in this thread are just full of hatred, and for what?

Someone trying to find a little happiness on Christmas? Give the guy a break already, even if he is not a soldier it doesn't matter. It seems like some of you simply go around looking for threads so you can lash out at people, I will never understand it. It honestly makes me sad to know that I live in a time where humans can have such disrespect and anger inside of them towards another human being for no apparent reason.

To the op (soldier or not), I hope the rest of your Christmas goes more smoothly. It is always hard to be separated from loved ones, even when it isn't the holidays.

To everyone who has shown disrespect, I hope you all have a great one too, and perhaps you will learn that a little love and happiness can go a lot further then anger and resentment.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
To the Soldier who posted:
Don't ignore the bad posts, be glad for the kind posts. It is and will always be what is so great about our country. Everyone can voice their opinions freely and without fear. Hold dear those negative posts, cause they are the yardstick that measures whether you and many more now and through the years have done their job and kept America safe and relatively free. Have a Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh my god, I have never seen so much hate towards a Soldier in ATS in all the time, I have been a member here. What is wrong with you all, a simple good wish, or a merry christmas. Is all maybe the dude was wanting, to know there are people in the public who support thier troops.

Obviously there is a few in here who do not.

To the O/P. Your opening statement brought tears to my eyes, I just to wish you a Merry Christmas to you and your fellow Squaddies. (I live in the UK, so we call them squaddies
) A Merry Christmas also. Take care of yourselfs. And come home safely to your loved ones soon oks!

I am sure, your family will be missing you also.

Do the American troops based out in Iraq and Afghanistan, recieve gifts from thier loved ones and the public? I know our UK Squaddies do. Just wondering.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Dude,
Robbing people of self esteem, confidence, self worth, and cultivation depression are tools of mind control. You might do some assessment to see if they you are being programmed in subtle ways. Read this book might orient you www.scribd.com... fatalism, hopelessness, etc.. are all ways of weakening the spirit and thereby increasing it's vulnerability.
Best wishes ---

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Wow, and to think, my uncle died over in the Leyte Gulf so a few people can come to a topic such as this, and act like itotal jerks. And heavy on the jerks. Freedom of expression is one thing, but acting cold, callous, unfeeling and inhuman when doing so is beyond belief, and during a time of the year that we could at least make an attempt to be nice to others.

And most wonder why this world is in the state that it is in. We can`t even get along one or two days out of 365 and learn to care for others.

I`m glad to say, that the spirit is still alive and well right now, and yes, it does grow. So with that said, I say good luck to all who is serving right now. Stay safe, get your time in and come home. Merry Christmas to everyone here in the forums, and to all who are serving in their own countries armed forces everywhere.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by FiatLux]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join