It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depressing Christmas for us soldiers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
With all due respect, you are one sad sack.

Merry Christmas.

www.toonopedia.com...

[edit on 2009/12/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Merry Christmas to you......I missed 6 with my family due to military service. You never do get them back, but they will make you appreciate the ones you have later all the more.
What I don't understand is all of the people posting wanting peace, and yet being so hatefull. Hatefull, greedy people generally start these wars, and yet the ones here wanting peace seem to act in the same manner. Peace to you and your family, and may you come home safely.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
this thread makes me giggle.

first of all i dont care if hes a soldier or not. hes trying to spread Christmas cheer.

with that being said, man the # up. you dont need a special day to tell you to miss your family. soldiers all miss their family. if you only remember them on Christmas then your doing it wrong.

next point all you haters, more power too you. you have a right to disagree. be as rude as you want. it takes guts to go against the popular train of thought.

all you do gooders and and self righteous people, you too have the right to disagree but you dont have to point out specific people. no one cares. you wanna show support? get off the internet and help out at a soup kitchen or the USO. its very easy to voice support. how about actually doing something besides caps lock.

merry christmas from an atheist who hasnt seen family in 3 years.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Doc Tesla]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'll join the OP's little pity party. Being away during the holidays is part of military life. Away is away, politics be damned. You deal with it and move on. Treat it as another day. It always made it easier for me. And if possible you try to make a phone call home.

I haven't been home for Christmas since 2002 and won't be this year either, due to deployments and my present job. But that's life, it sucks sometimes. It makes you cherish those moments when you are back home for the holidays.

Life may suck for you at times. But some poor soul somewhere will always have it worse. Be grateful for what u have, whether it's your health, sanity, material things, friends, family, or the bond of your brothers in arms.

A very Merry Christmas/Hannukah/Kawanza to all those away from their loved ones this year, both military and civilian, overseas and stateside.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Edited for accidental double post.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by bg_socalif]

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
Hello freedom loving people of ATS. Today just isnt my day. It just turned midnight and I am alone like most soldiers here in Iraq. We are far away from the families we love just to fight for a cause that has lost meaning and morality. There will be no christmas presents under a tree for me and my crew and I wont be able to see the faces of loved ones once again just like the past few years but I have gotten use to it by now. I found this year to be the most difficult because I was so close to being slighty free from government control but it seems like they always want us here in Iraq to do their dirty work then be with our families. I wish every last one of you a merry X-mas good luck in trying to bring us back home. Oh yeah one more thing, I found this music video that cheered me up during the holidays that you might like but the timing is drastically off so enjoy and remember we are not here by choice and would rather fight for your freedom then the freedom of corporate lapdogs that make way too much money.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Stop-loss!]

I really feel for you, I really do. Because I believe that many of you know exactly why your still in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's because nobody on the civilian side will admit that the previous president made a mistake and your there to safe face, and Obama has doubled down.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Stop-loss!]

Sorry... my browser crashes when I go to Youtube.

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
To be honest it's your own choice been over there and serving a corrupt government and system, you chose to be over their fighting and killing and you chose to be away from your family. No one else to blame but yourself dude, get out of the army and start working on problem solving rather then killing. If all the soldiers of the world dropped their guns and quit the army and focused on problem solving man the world would be a hell of alot better...

[edit on 24/12/09 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was just talking about this last night. I'm an Iraq veteran, spent approximately 2.5 years there, so two Christmases.

Feeling down about it and being there is one thing, but I do not pity the people who make a big deal about it and brag about themselves on how lonely it was and how they "toughed it out". The only thing I can't stand more than that, is the people who cry and whine that they are "away from their spouse and children".

Newsflash, nobody said you had to get married and have kids while you were in the freaking military. Come on, common sense. I made a pact to myself to never have a relationship so long as I was overseas or "able to be deployed". It's just integrity and decency. If for some reason you join the military and Then you get into a serious relationship, well, that's fine. However, if you're going to cry about it, seeking sympathy for your loneliness away from home, well.. shame on you. You knew exactly what you signed up for.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and hopefully the New Year will bring you home.
Cheers

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
We here at ATS will be your family while you're away. I've been on deployments but nothing like you. Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Thank you for wearing that uniform everyday and representing the very best of America. I am truly sorry that you feel alone. Your government has deserted you in Iraq, but rest assured that the American people will not stop until you are all home with your families.

I wish you peace of mind this Christmas, the peace which comes from knowing that you and your fellow warriors have served each other well. The rest of it we'll take care of from here.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Merry Christmas Sir!

Yeah, and my friend who's also been to Iraq and is now in Afghanistan said they don't really report the actual casualties. Has something to do with being a "contractual mercenary" .

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Happy Holidays and Best Wishes to you, Soldier. Please pass this message on to your comrades as well. Thank you for all you all do. You are appreciated. Good luck and God speed for a quick return. Have a safe and Happy New Year! Here's hoping that the new year brings peace for us all. ((hugs))

[edit on 25-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Hey there, I don't mean to be a downer or anything but if you were fighting for the freedom of the American people you wouldn't be in Iraq. You'd be outside the White House. That being said, though, everyone needs a job, and yours requires a lot of responsibility.

I couldn't care about Christmas at all, but I do wish you luck, OP.

You did not hear the OP correctly. I am sure he didn't go into further detail for a reason. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am not. But I am sure just like myself he enlisted to serve his country, protect, and defend it. But it didn't turn out that way. Now it seems like we soldiers are helping further the U.S. Government's sick agenda. We are stationed in over 130 Countries! What does this tell you? Why do we need to be spread out all over the world?

I thank OP for your reasons for enlisting in the Army. I as well as yourself is stuck in a # hole country and for what? Oil? For more money to the government? To use a country for their resources?

Merry Christmas To All.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Tesla
this thread makes me giggle.

first of all i dont care if hes a soldier or not. hes trying to spread Christmas cheer.

with that being said, man the # up. you dont need a special day to tell you to miss your family. soldiers all miss their family. if you only remember them on Christmas then your doing it wrong.

next point all you haters, more power too you. you have a right to disagree. be as rude as you want. it takes guts to go against the popular train of thought.

all you do gooders and and self righteous people, you too have the right to disagree but you dont have to point out specific people. no one cares. you wanna show support? get off the internet and help out at a soup kitchen or the USO. its very easy to voice support. how about actually doing something besides caps lock.

merry christmas from an atheist who hasnt seen family in 3 years.

[edit on 24-12-2009 by Doc Tesla]

Why don't you grow up and show some respect. Just because you have anger, hate, ego, and resentfulness, deep down inside your soul to want to get rid of doesn't mean you have to come here and let it out on someone else. No offense or anything. You need to take all that hatred and anger up with yourself and rethink your life.

No your right we shouldn't have a special day to tell our loved ones we miss them, love, and care for them but we do. The world isn't perfect and it never will be. We will never understand this life to it's full extent until we die.
It doesn't matter about religion this day regardless also brings people closer together.

Who cares that your atheist? Nobody does. Atheist or Christianity/Religion doesn't really matter in the end. You are what matters. And not in a selfish way. What you do reflects on your soul no matter how "religious" you are.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit_earth
To be honest it's your own choice been over there and serving a corrupt government and system, you chose to be over their fighting and killing and you chose to be away from your family. No one else to blame but yourself dude, get out of the army and start working on problem solving rather then killing. If all the soldiers of the world dropped their guns and quit the army and focused on problem solving man the world would be a hell of alot better...

You know I have always wondered what would happen if we all got together and put our guns down. But unfortunately not one soldier is willing to do that even if they disagree with the cause. They are programmed to think they can't they will go to prison. Well if all soldiers did that, would congress put them all in prison? Haha I don't think so. Then we would turn the guns on them. I would love to live in a peaceful world.

Its hard to talk about things like this inside the Army. Some people are just so brainwashed and dedicated to their cause, or just don't care one will do whatever to catch you talking about things like this.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
Every christmas is competing with other christmases for the prize of the biggest disappointment.
Christmas succeeds in disappointing even when you don't have any expectations, I don't know how but dammit it succeeds, every single time.

I disagree. I think your point of view stems from having the best Christmas you ever had as a child, when you believed in Santa the most, and got that one gift, you know the one I'm talking about, you got the _______. You were so happy, you _______ your pants!

But the next Christmas wasn't as great, or possibly never happened at all and you now dislike the idea, because of your own emotions.

I might be wrong, but I like Christmas... still it isn't the same anymore since I learned the conspiracy behind it.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by headb
Merry Christmas Sir!

Yeah, and my friend who's also been to Iraq and is now in Afghanistan said they don't really report the actual casualties. Has something to do with being a "contractual mercenary" .

No they really don't. Especially the civilians. And there is no telling what the casualty rate is for the Guys like Blackwater and other Mercenary groups like that. Or I mean contractors.

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Damn, what a thread.

Hope you come back home soon. Stay good man, stay good.

~GHL

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join