It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUTH of Freemasonry

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
after watching the videos i have to chimne in;

ok so working with stones is considered ma sons work;

and people who worked with ma son liked his works and wanted to do works that were as pleasing to himself as these works were good;

but then somewhere along the lines mason was the term used for people who quarry stones

and stone carriers were somehow considered within the same caste as ma son

so the farmers wanted to be merchants the merchants wanted to be nobles and the nobles wanted to be warriors

but the life of mason was/is what is being taught to stone carriers to make them better stone carriers? or does this teaching supposedly confer the ability to carve like ma son, and no longer be a stone carrier?

is ma son now relegated to carrying stones for the stone carriers and are those who teach themselves into the life of another expected to carve?

i thought this video was a good expression of why i dislike the fabrication of a society based.

and i can see why americans went against masons if they assumed masons were to uphold the presentation of their works; when they are carriers of stones and not crafters within such.but on the flip note i can see how a carrier of a stone would feel obligated to his union since even if he not a crafter he is related by means of duty.

this video seemed an allegory for the truth presented in true images; if this video did not sway one then truth expressed: already inherent. im sure there are some aspects of the mythos parted on those who join this union being embellished.and im sure some take pride in secretly knowing they have reinterpreted old carvings as new.

the sad part; all will receive before a select few who intend to.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xSe7eNx
I would say both of you should re-read Holy Blood Holy Grail and refresh your memory because they have a lot of evidence to PROVE they existed since 1099 or maybe earlier and most likely still do exist today and are most likely the ones behind the organization(s) that are trying to achieve world domination.

Would you settle for Pierre Plantard admitting how he, Philippe de Chérisey and Gérard de Sède forged and planted the documents regarding the Priory?

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Maybe your right i personally don't care anymore cause I have had my questions answered sufficiently enough. But I'm still not buyin it that its a complete hoax because also in HBHG the authors originally look at the Dossiers Secrets and are worried they may be a forgery but they cross reference many things in the DS with factual accounts of history.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Maybe your right i personally don't care anymore cause I have had my questions answered sufficiently enough. But I'm still not buyin it that its a complete hoax because also in HBHG the authors originally look at the Dossiers Secrets and are worried they may be a forgery but they cross reference many things in the DS with factual accounts of history.

And that's how the most effective lies work: by including enough truth to seem not as out there as they might otherwise seem. It sounds as if you don't care to believe the mea culpa by the hoax's author because the hoax itself fits your worldview.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon

The hoax was the answer to a hypothesis a had about a world view because as I am sure you are all well aware of the fact that the truth is very difficult to come by these days. I am just on a quest for the ultimate truth and I suppose now it is time to rework my hypothesis and continue with further research.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Fitzgibbon

The hoax was the answer to a hypothesis a had about a world view because as I am sure you are all well aware of the fact that the truth is very difficult to come by these days. I am just on a quest for the ultimate truth and I suppose now it is time to rework my hypothesis and continue with further research.

So you started out with an axe to grind and fell for a long-debunked fraud (one that was easily discovered with even a minute's Googling)? You'll excuse me if I don't find your research skills especially rigorous.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Oh please forgive me enlightened one for simply asking a few questions and pointing out a few observations from a book that I have not even finished and on a topic that I just started researching a couple weeks ago. Also I was not posting a well researched conclusion. I was asking questions and said I need to continue my research unless your are just the smartest one on this forum and have perfect research skills WITHOUT EVER making a mistake then maybe you can just fully enlighten me on the absolute truth. If you cant do that then maybe you should save your comments with absolutely no helpful criticism and keep them to yourself. I thank everyone else who has answered my questions and was helpful.

Just for the reference. When I said that I don't think its a complete hoax because I'm still fairly certain that there is some group of people actively trying for world domination and I'm still trying to figure out all the connections. I believe that I was wrong about the Priory and it is a hoax. If I ever post something that is wrong I ask people to please correct me because I am not one who has a solid world view set in stone. It is constantly changing as I acquire new information and I am in a quest for ultimate truth and I don't care where it takes me.

We are all human and we can all make mistakes and be mislead.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I believe that I was wrong about the Priory and it is a hoax.

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to review the information that JoshNorton and myself presented. It is good to see that you have an open mind and are willing to put some effort into discovering the truth.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Funny no one seems wants to go to bat for the ladies on this one. Can a woman be a Mason? I've heard of Daughters of the Eastern Star, but those are for the wives, right? I don't know for certain, but I remember hearing it was like a glorified sewing and cooking club. This doesn't seem too out of line with what the Masons on this thread are saying about charity and harmony and community service. But still, I gotta know!

Are the secrets, no matter how silly, only for the male members? Why the segregation?

Am I asking this in the wrong place?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dinahshore
Funny no one seems wants to go to bat for the ladies on this one. Can a woman be a Mason? I've heard of Daughters of the Eastern Star, but those are for the wives, right? ...
Are the secrets, no matter how silly, only for the male members? Why the segregation?

The Order of the Eastern Star is a fraternal/sorority organization for Master Masons and their female relatives. The Eastern Star has its own traditional secrets that are distinct from those of Freemasonry.

The segregation, so to speak, of gender in Freemasonry stems from the fact that Freemasonry is a fraternity, which by definition means male-only. This is the same as sororities being female-only.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
double posted

[edit on 4-1-2010 by dinahshore]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Funny no one seems wants to go to bat for the ladies on this one. Can a woman be a Mason? I've heard of Daughters of the Eastern Star, but those are for the wives, right? I don't know for certain, but I remember hearing it was like a glorified sewing and cooking club. This doesn't seem too out of line with what the Masons on this thread are saying about charity and harmony and community service. But still, I gotta know!

Are the secrets, no matter how mundane, only for the male members? Why the segregation?

Answers I won't accept:
Women don't want to be members of the brotherhood.
Damn I joined this to get away from women/my wife.
Women can't be trusted to keep secrets.
It's TRADITION.

Am I asking this in the wrong place? Please tell if I'm off-base in finding this extremely strange and bigoted of a society that will allow anyone of any creed or colour to join.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
sorry guys appeared i really screwed posting up

backspace button has been doing strange things

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dinahshore

when they let me join a sorority, I will politic for ladies to join our fraternity.

The Eastern Star is an organization for women who have mason in their family. It is a lot like masonry and not a sewing club by any means. There are a few other groups for young ladies who are family members of masons. Jobs daughters and Rainbow girls. In some areas, there are groups that claim to be masonry and admit women. Thought they are not recognized by the UGLE and not considered "regular" by lodges whom are recognized by the UGLE. I hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Already answered, please see above. The Order of the Eastern Star has its own ritual of initiation and secrets that are different from Freemasonry. The traditional secrets of the various fraternities and sororities, which includes Freemasonry and Eastern Star, are all given as part of the initation ceremony.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Hm. It makes sense, kinda. I'm not a fan of seperatism of the sexes, but it's not really my org. to criticise. But also, does that mean that the only way for a female to gain access to this knowledge, this source of enlightenment for some, is for her to be related to a Master Mason?

Again, to everyone in the thread I'm sorry about the triple post

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Funny no one seems wants to go to bat for the ladies on this one. Can a woman be a Mason? I've heard of Daughters of the Eastern Star, but those are for the wives, right? ...

The Order of the Eastern Star is a fraternal/sorority organization for Master Masons and their female relatives. The Eastern Star has its own traditional secrets that are distinct from those of Freemasonry.

The segregation, so to speak, of gender in Freemasonry stems from the fact that Freemasonry is a fraternity, which by definition means male-only. This is the same as sororities being female-only.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
My Grandmother was Eastern Star, but my mom won't tell me anything about it.

Thanks, sister

Originally posted by network dude

when they let me join a sorority, I will politic for ladies to join our fraternity.

The Eastern Star is an organization for women who have mason in their family. It is a lot like masonry and not a sewing club by any means. There are a few other groups for young ladies who are family members of masons. Jobs daughters and Rainbow girls. In some areas, there are groups that claim to be masonry and admit women. Thought they are not recognized by the UGLE and not considered "regular" by lodges whom are recognized by the UGLE. I hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

you may not believe this, but all the secrets of masonry are available to anyone who wishes to learn them. Between the writings on sacredtext and other places on the internet, everything that is passed on to masons can be read. The real kicker is that you can't just read it and know anything more than you did before, you have to live the way you learn. Not talking about how you would help out that guy if you had time, but actually stopping and taking the time to do it.

edit to add: sister huh? I just wanted to be involved in one of those pillow fights like in Animal House. I don't think that is too much to ask.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by network dude]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Hm. It makes sense, kinda. I'm not a fan of seperatism of the sexes, but it's not really my org. to criticise. But also, does that mean that the only way for a female to gain access to this knowledge, this source of enlightenment for some, is for her to be related to a Master Mason?

Well, I never said that Eastern Star is a source of enlightenment, although I suppose it could be. But one certainly does not have to join the Eastern Star for enlightenment. Rather, it's more of a club for people of like minds, similar in that regard to Freemasonry.

Most Grand Chapters of the Eastern Star require that female candidates be related in some way to a Master Mason, although this of course includes pretty much everybody, as almost everyone has a Mason in their family somewhere. If not, one can get special permission from a Grand Chapter to join anyway in most circumstances.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If people really want to know about freemasonry, just ask a mason.

Often times, lodges will have open houses and senior members of those lodges are more than willing to answer any and all questions in regards to virtually all aspects of freemasonry and it's practice.

Consider that if the freemasons were secretly controlling the world and were all powerful in that respect...well, they aren't very good at it are they? lol

Civilizations crumble, much of the rituals of freemasonry are not fully understood by most freemasons and it will only give you as much as you put into it.

There are some pretty good books on the subject of freemasonry though that will clear up heaps of misunderstanding that is around for those people who haven't bothered to speak to one or who don't have one in their family or who haven't attended an open house at a lodge to ask themselves.

Having said all that, I am a freemason and proud of it. I don't know everything there is to know and I do the degree work like everyone else. In this stage of my knowledge, it would appear that freemasonry is at first a fraternal order and secondly a repository of knowledge that goes back into the mists of time and provides keys to greater understanding of the human condition.

You'll find that the bigger portion of disparaging words said about freemasons come from people who speculate and conjecture and essentially haven't a clue as to the reality of freemasonry in practice.

satanists indeed. That's laughable really.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join