It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
This is hardly an issue, who the #, sorry, thought Pizza Hut was good food in the first place?

There's a difference between 'good food' and toxic food. Despite the taste, it's important to know the toxicity of the substances we consume beforehand. If it has extra fat, okay, that's more push-ups for me but if it has N,N-DIMETHYLFORMAMIDE surely I'd like to know because:

"Critical effect(s) Liver dysfunction and respiratory irritation in
humans

Hazard index target(s) Alimentary system, respiratory system" - oehha.ca.gov...

People should be able to trust that commercially available food are toxins-free, or at least warn the consumer of possible poisonous effects that arrive from its consumption. It's hypocrisy to slap a label on cigarrettes, alcohol and medication, and yet give the food industry free-reign.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Food lobbyists have been successful for many years in pressuring the FDA (Food and Drug Admin, United States) into approving diluting our foods with so-called "inert fillers". Along with the relaxing of labeling accuracy has been the relaxing of truth-in-labeling regulation by allowing labels for food that use the food name but add subtle "qualifier descriptors" such as "...product" or "..blend". Most labeling disguises just mean you might be drinking red-colored white grape juice instead of pure pomegrant juice; it won't hurt you but it won't help your health as much. But the the label modifier even tells what level of food filler is present. The food filler game is a buyer's no-man's zone where Americans are getting cheated and possibly harmed.

Fillers are what common-sense folk would call sawdust. Fillers are supposed to be inert, i.e. have no food value and are supposedly harmless. The PDMS's (PolydimethylSiloxanes, made artificially starting from beach sand are popular fillers and thickeners). A particular "food" item can have several kinds of label descriptions that tell the buyer what is going on, how much filler, substitute, or additive there is. For example, "food product" tells the buyer the item is not 100% what you think it is. In fact, these days there are several levels of "realness" to American foods indicating, IF YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE OFFICIAL FDA FOOD CODE LIST RIGHT THERE WITH YOU AS YOU SHOP, THE FOOD IS 100% REAL OR DOWN TO JUST 30 or 20% REAL or less. For example " CHEESE PRODUCT" instantly clues you in that what you see is not all cheese, and not even the cheese you think it is - could be flavored, with a little generic milk powder, and as little as 5% real cheese, but lots of inert FILLER. The issue about food fillers is that bad effects might not show up for a generation or more. By then the damage has been done to our DNA, and to our children's DNA. Our food markets can be just as tricky as dealing with used car dealers, "MOMS BEWARE".

[edit on 23-12-2009 by havanaja]

[edit on 23-12-2009 by havanaja]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
I'm gonna have to throw my complaint in here like Dreamwatcher. Is anyone reading the entire thread or just the OP and then responding? You don't even have to read too far into the thread. There is a response from the company saying they don't use it. Rant over >_

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
This is why we are in the middle of a health epedemic, Cancer rates are thru the roof, If you look back even a hundred years at the leading causes of American deaths, cancer is in the single digits. Alzehimers, Parkinsons disease, were almost unheard of. There is a great book if topics like this post interest you. It is called THE HUNDRED YEAR LIE here is a link to his site www.hundredyearlie.com... I do warn you anybody who has any self respect and a sense of self preservation will be revolted by the facts in this book, and it may make your daily food intake extremly stressful and hard. But I promise you it is worth the read. You will never look at food the same. Peace out peeps.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamwatcher
I am wondering if people read the threads they respond to.

This information has been refuted on the FIRST page.

I posted on the first page an article and letter stating Pizza Hut does not use this additive to their cheese.I would be more concerned that the same article revealed the FDA actually approved this additive for use in food.

I do agree that Pizza Hut pizza is not the best food in the world for you, but lets try to stick to facts, not a poorly researched article that has been dis proven.

and

Originally posted by badmedia

I've been watching this thread wondering the same exact thing. It's somewhat funny how people automatically assume anything bad about a company is automatically true.

What I think is funny, is that some people assume that when a major company puts out a statement purely designed to cover their ass, that it's the real deal, the whole truth and nothing but. I've read this whole thread, and the many statements that "It was never proven that they used the stuff in their cheese," but to that I say: "It was never proven that they didn't."

Chrono

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If someone was exposing my business for activity as such of course I would defend myself right or wrong. As far as I am concerned Pizza Hut representatives have no credibility or truth to their statements. Why would they admit to something like this? Deny Ignorance. And if not, sign out.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Meesterjojo

I put this 'out there' for discussion!
Saying I don't have a brain really helps you look like a good researcher.
At any rate, do you really think this kind of chemical short-cutting is not going on?
Leprino didn't even DENY that they had used this anti-caking compound!
Good on them if they stopped but they may have switched to another, FDA approved chemical!
Other foods you might find Polydimethylsiloxane in;
GSFA link not working;

04.2.2.1 Frozen vegetables (including mushrooms and fungi, roots and tubers, pulses and legumes, and aloe vera), seaweeds, and nuts and seeds 10 mg/kg
Note 15

02.2.2 Fat spreads, dairy fat spreads and blended spreads 10 mg/kg
Note 152

04.1.2.3 Fruit in vinegar, oil, or brine 10 mg/kg
04.1.2.10 Fermented fruit products 10 mg/kg
04.1.2.4 Canned or bottled (pasteurized) fruit 10 mg/kg
04.2.2.4 Canned or bottled (pasteurized) or retort pouch vegetables (including mushrooms and fungi, roots and tubers, pulses and legumes, and aloe vera), and seaweeds 10 mg/kg
14.2.2 Cider and perry 10 mg/kg
05.1.5 Imitation chocolate, chocolate substitute products 10 mg/kg
04.2.2.7 Fermented vegetable (including mushrooms and fungi, roots and tubers, pulses and legumes, and aloe vera) and seaweed products, excluding fermented soybean products of food categories 06.8.6, 06.8.7, 12.9.1, 12.9.2.1 and 12.9.2.3 10 mg/kg
01.5.1 Milk powder and cream powder (plain) 10 mg/kg
02.1.2 Vegetable oils and fats 10 mg/kg
02.1.3 Lard, tallow, fish oil, and other animal fats 10 mg/kg
05.2 Confectionery including hard and soft candy, nougats, etc. other than food categories 05.1, 05.3 and 05.4 10 mg/kg
12.5 Soups and broths 10 mg/kg
04.1.2.6 Fruit-based spreads (e.g., chutney) excluding products of food category 04.1.2.5 10 mg/kg
14.2.1 Beer and malt beverages 10 mg/kg
04.2.2.3 Vegetables (including mushrooms and fungi, roots and tubers, pulses and legumes, and aloe vera), and seaweeds in vinegar, oil, brine, or soybean sauce 10 mg/kg
14.2.7 Aromatized alcoholic beverages (e.g., beer, wine and spirituous cooler-type beverages, low alcoholic refreshers) 10 mg/kg
06.6 Batters (e.g., for breading or batters for fish or poultry) 10 mg/kg
04.2.2.5 Vegetable (including mushrooms and fungi, roots and tubers, pulses and legumes, and aloe vera), seaweed, and nut and seed purees and spreads (e.g., peanut butter) 10 mg/kg
14.1.4 Water-based flavoured drinks, including "sport," "energy," or "electrolyte" drinks and particulated drinks 20 mg/kg
04.1.2.5 Jams, jellies, marmelades 30 mg/kg
06.4.3 Pre-cooked pastas and noodles and like products 50 mg/kg
Note 153

13.6 Food supplements 50 mg/kg
13.3 Dietetic foods intended for special medical purposes (excluding products of food category 13.1) 50 mg/kg
13.4 Dietetic formulae for slimming purposes and weight reduction 50 mg/kg
13.5 Dietetic foods (e.g., supplementary foods for dietary use) excluding products of food categories 13.1 - 13.4 and 13.6 50 mg/kg
04.2.2.6 Vegetable (including mushrooms and fungi, roots and tubers, pulses and legumes, and aloe vera), seaweed, and nut and seed pulps and preparations (e.g., vegetable desserts and sauces, candied vegetables) other than food category 04.2.2.5 50 mg/kg
05.3 Chewing gum 100 mg/kg
04.1.2.9 Fruit-based desserts, including fruit-flavoured water-based desserts 110 mg/kg

en.wikipedia.org...

Food
When used as an ingredient in food, antifoaming agents are intended to curb effusion or effervescence in preparation or serving.[citation needed] The agents are included in a variety of foods such as Diet Pepsi, Diet Coke, Sprite, and chicken nuggets in the form of polydimethylsiloxane (a type of silicone).[4]
Silicone oil is also added to cooking oil to prevent foaming in deep-frying.

Also, do you know how many products you eat or spray on your food contain propolene glycol???

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Clearskies]

[edit on 23-12-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am not very supprised, the FDA is fed by food and pharma corperations.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

well, at least the substance is non-toxic.

However, given that it is not FDA approved for foods, it could contain residues from other substances used in its manufacture, so it's purity is not necessarily guaranteed.

There is 4 percent of this stuff in silly putty, which is deemed safe for children (who may eat it) so I don't think people need to be worried about their healths, although it frankly doesn't sound appetizing.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Is that why I now have a perfect set of B cups?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
So are they blatantly lying when they say right on the pizza box that they are using 100% all natural ingredients?

umm... it depends on how close to 100% you need to be I suppose. If it is 99.9 natural does it count? note that 900 ppm is less than 0.1% for a substance that has no odor, color, taste and is inert and non-toxic.... I would frankly be more worried about the calories, or perhaps the filler crap they put on the meat.

-rrr

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
all you can eat pizza at pizza hut is great.... All you can drink soda/pop is great. All you can eat bread salad and cinnabons is greats.

The fact that it's made of silicon isn't going to stop me. Go fat kid.... Go!!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora
That's it. I've lost all hope. This is bullsnot and I don't know how I will go on knowing that my stuffed crusted slice of heaven is silicone.

Am I the only one who read 900 ppm? have you considered the percentage of rat hairs or cockroach eggs? I am pretty sure it is higher than 900ppm for a sticky substance like cheese.

If you are worried about 0.1% of an inert silicone they put in contact lenses, consider this:

www.sixwise.com...

-rrr

[edit on 23-12-2009 by rickyrrr]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
# most of us have the # in us. we can't do anything about it. think about taco bell and mcdonalds. okay okay. it's in our food. it is us. if your concern with parasite, get a parasite cleaner for yourself and buy two viles. 15$ for two. stop eating fast food and move over cause i'll eat your chicken burrito

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

No there not lying Leprino Foods is the largest manufacturer in the world of of cheese they make it all from Gouda to Mozzarella. The patent you are referring to is to make processed cheese (IE the American cheeses people like to put on sandwiches)There mozzarella is purchased at 5 star restaurants is also used by Domino's Papa Johns and other cheeses are used by other manufacturers even Kraft in there grated Parmesan.If i had to take a guess this is an attack on the company concerning a plant they have in Detroit.

At this plant they have neighbors that complain of the smell aging cheese tends to stink.This plant has been there longer than the businesses that moved into the area and in my opinion if they didn't like the smell should not have moved there. Simple truth theyve been making mozzerella the same way since 1950 when they started.

[edit on 12/23/09 by dragonridr]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm still going to Pizza Hut!
However, you couldn't PAY ME to eat at Dominos. Man, their pizza is horrible! I had better pizza in my old high school cafeteria.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is the most unsurprising thread ever... If ANYONE at any stage was under the impression that the yellow gluey crap on top of your pizza was actual cheese then you are obviously no culinary expert and you deserve to eat it.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
Also, in contrast to what is written, the body WILL burn fiber for energy, if it's hungry enough.

No, humans cannot digest cellulose.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

And it's probably not even real natural silicone but that artificial stuff.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
At our house we make vegitarian pizza with cream cheese and broccoli and what other veggies you happen to have in the fridge and ranch dressing. NO silicone for me thanks. The crust is made from Pillsbury crescent rolls flattened out.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join