Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
They are using 100% real ingredients.... just not enough of them

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
They are using 100% real ingredients.... just not enough of them

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The other option is buffalo mozzarella from Italy. OOpppsss Not anymore.

www.nytimes.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

That was last year. Looks like it's not safe to eat anything unless you yourself grew it.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Happily i haven't eaten fast food from any big or small chain in over 10 years
Pizza hut pizzas were always just to salty anyway. I couldn't eat more than a slice, i may as well have eaten a salt shaker.

I do eat pizza but i know the guy who owns the shop i order from and i have seen the stuff made. It's not a big chain just a nice local place with quality ingredients and quality pizza.

I don't know why people are surprised. Do you know the stuff that goes into most fast food? Or even the stuff that goes into most convenience food? People need to get back to cooking more meals themselves, that way you know exactly what is in your food.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
So, what say you?
Tomorrow are you going to Pizza Hut?

We really do have to be careful what we eat. I do use Domino sugar all the time, however a few weeks ago I checked the container of the Domino powdered creamer container that's next to our coffee at work and found that it includes titanium dioxide. Titanium? The heavy metal? Yes indeed:

"The MSDS states that titanium dioxide can cause some lung fibrosis at fifty times the nuisance dust, defined by the US Department of Labor as 15 mg/m cubed (OSHA) or 10 mg/m cubed (ACGIH Threshold Limit Value)." - www.theorganicmakeupcompany.com...

Ladies and gentlemen, it's never a good idea to consume heavy metals on a daily basis.

As directly related to the topic, I'll stick to Dominos Pizza:

"Pizza Cheese: Mozzarella Cheese (Pasteurized Milk, Cultures, Salt, Enzymes), Modified Food Starch, Cellulose (Added to Prevent Caking), Non-Fat Milk, Whey Protein Concentrate, Sodium Citrate, Flavors, Sodium Propionate (Added as a Preservative).
Contains: Milk " - www.cincydominos.com...

[edit on 23-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Yeah great post, why are people suprised by this?

Watch how easy it is to trick the public just as Mcdonalds has, their slogan is:

Mcdonalds burgers are made WITH 100% all beef

NOT

Mcdonalds burgers are made OF 100% all beef

I work down in the US and i see more fast food chains and fast food chains i didnt know existed. Trust me your nations problem goes far beyond a little plastic cheese.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well you and the link were correct to a point, then you failed miserably.

Dow Corning FG-10 Antifoam Emulsifier: "10 percent active, food-grade silicone emulsion designed to control foam in aqueous systems."

It's approved for use in foods, and regulated by the FDA. This information is found on their website, with each FDA regulation listed. And there are **3** FDA regulations which this applies to, not just the **1** the author chooses to zero in on, and they do approve it for the uses he describes.

The author deliberately chose to withhold information in order to prove his point/rant against Pizza Hut. The OP chose not to confirm anything and play Chicken Little. And so the cycle of Fail continues.

So really you're not telling us anything we haven't known (or should have known) for 10 years or more. Just like Domino's Pizza uses paraffin (wax) for it's cheese formula.

See folks, this is what happens when you blindly read something on the internet, but do not possess the slightest hint of a brain to research and back it up.

You people out there, yes you, read read reading, then regurgitating something as if it *must* be fact because 'so-and-so' says it's true!

And yes, I know some of you people in real life, sadly. You get all excited over something which no one could possible *know* but you. You don't even bother with a modicum of research, you regurgitate everything you read on the intrawebs (hah olawdy), then it's like you *expect* someone else to do the work (you know- researching a tiny bit) for you. You're just so lazy.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There goes my favorite comfort food. God #^%$#@! Is there anything safe in this world to eat anymore? Death is looking like a vacation.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Even if the FDA has no studies proving silicone is non-harmful, this does not mean that it is unharmful. The FDA is a reactionary organization that responds to national emergencies AFTER they have occurred, historically speaking. They simply do not have the budget, person-power, and resources to test everything. The proof is here:

"Overexposure -- Methyl Ethyl Ketoxime: Male rodents exposed to
MEKO vapors over their lifetime developed
liver cancer. Additional testing is planned
to determine any relevance to humans
." -
www.polyseamseal.com...

How about this little cavaet on Polydimethylsiloxane Emulsion MSDS:

"The information and recommendations contained herein are to the best of CHEMCO's knowledge and belief, accurate and reliable as of the date issued. However, it is the user's responsibility to determine the safety, toxicity, and suitability for his own use of the product described herein. Since the actual use of this product is beyond the control of CHEMCO, no guarantee, expressed or implied, is made by CHEMCO." - www.chemolink.com...

Read your MSDS before handling any chemical, it is a daily job requirement for me as a biochemist.

With that in mind, be smart. Do you think it's wise/healthful to consumer silcone?

www.dowcorning.com... Dow Corning&DCWSS=Environmental Health and Safety

www.siliconeholocaust.org...

[edit on 23-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

I am not at all surprised to learn that plastic is being used as an additive in cheese at Pizza Hut. Several years ago I noticed
a distinct decrease in the quality and suspected they stopped using
traditional ingredients in their product. I travel in several states and
noticed it everywhere. I did not eat the last product I bought and will
never go back.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Most pizza chains use Real Cheese™, which isn't the same thing as real cheese. So, this comes as no surprise. Remember, anything you eat that you don't prepare yourself, well, you eat it at your own risk.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamwatcher
Inaccurate information, Pizza hut cheese does not contain this ingredient, although it appears the FDA has approved it for use in food.

Leprino Foods: No Polydimethylsiloxane in Pizza Cheese by Pete Hardin Leprino Foods senior vice president for marketing and sales, Robert D. Boynton, has asserted that his company is not using polydimethylsiloxane in the manufacture of Leprino’s “Pizza Cheese” sold to Pizza Hut. Boynton’s assertion was made in a terse, February 17, 2006 letter sent to The Milkweed. The entire letter is reprinted on this page. Boynton’s letter was written in response to an article appearing in the February 2006 issue titled, “Clean Up Pizza Hut’s Silicone-Laden Cheese!” Boynton claims that Leprino is not using polydimethylsiloxane in “Pizza Cheese” produced under U.S. Patent #4,894,245. Boynton claims that the 18-year old patent (issued to Leprino Foods), which is listed on boxes of “Pizza Cheese”, is not relevant. “Your false statements appear to be based on your reading of an eighteen year old Leprino patent, and a factually baseless leap to the conclusion that Leprino must practice every facet of any patent ever granted to it,” Boynton’s letter steamed. Boynton implicitly threatened legal action by Leprino if The Milkweed did not act in a manner considered appropriate to Leprino Foods. Boynton’s letter did not acknowledge or deny prior use by Leprino Foods of polydimethylsiloxane in manufacture of its “Pizza Cheese.” Based upon what further information The Milkweed has gleaned about polydimethylsiloxane, it is good that Leprino Foods is not presently using that chemical in its “Pizza Cheese”. (See accompanying article.) Thus, we may conclude that Pizza Hut’s “Pizza Cheese” has been cleaned up. Therefore, any consumer concerns about polydimethyl-siloxane in foods should not be directed at Pizza Hut. Instead, concerns should be directed at the FDA, which has approved use of that chemical in food.

www.themilkweed.com...

Lol, seriously? Of course Leprino Foods does not use polydimethylsiloxane in their food!

I feel completely safe after they said it, I guess its ok to spend my money with them now...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I for one, was not surprised by this information. Just from eating it you can tell that there is something not quite right about what you are eating. The fact that the whole pizza can be made in 5-10 minutes should only reinforce the fact that there is something strange about the ingredients used, considering that cooking a pizza at home, and similarly, getting one from an actual restaurant, can take up to 20 minutes or so.

The sad part about this whole thing is that people will still go to the store to buy their lunches or dinners or perhaps even both.

Who's up for some Domino's?

[edit on 23-12-2009 by thericeman]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thericeman
Who's up for some Domino's?[edit on 23-12-2009 by thericeman]

You know why they call themselves Domino's? Because they are going to line us all up and then topple us all over

Domino's is the best of the bunch though....as far as nationwide chains go...oh, and their chocolate lava cakes should be illegal...nothing should taste that disgustingly good.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I wish I still had the chain mail letter someone sent to me.

I'm sure the info. is on the net, I'm not going to dig for it though.
States that some cheeses and most margarines are just one ingredient from a known plastic and were both created by scientist trying to creat a new plastic.
The cheese/fake butter, was a by product of this process, and after many years of trying to figure out what to do with it, I think they fed it to the cattle/chickens to fatten them up, most died do to heart problems, that is when it was marketed to ppl..
But I'm doing this by memory so I could have it a little wrong but I know I'm close.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
I work down in the US and i see more fast food chains and fast food chains i didnt know existed. Trust me your nations problem goes far beyond a little plastic cheese.

Not really sure what you maen here, we're talking about pizza hut being awful and you say there are other things going on, seems slightly off topic unless you meant there are other problems with the food.

I knew someone who worked in Mcdonalds and he told me how their ice cream came, a powdered concoction with more ingredients than a quality curry and with chemcial names he couldn't pronounce. Then there was that whole scandal about them putting sugar on the salad lol. Not to mention when they throw the french fries in the oil they add a full scoop of salt and when they take them out they add more salt. This is my major problem with fast food, i can't eat it because of the taste of salt. When you have cooked for yourself for a long time you get sensitive to the stuff.

Then there is dominos pizza. Well i can tell you now that the last time i had one of those i woke up with a hangover, despite not having drunk any alcohol. God knows what they put in those things to cause that.

Burger king isn't any better. It's the same as McDonalds, as you say 100% beef but that doesn't mean it's quality beef
Clever marketting. Oh and don't get me started on chicken nuggets.

Look fast food, for the most part is disgusting, chemical laden rubbish. Most people know this and still eat it but others seem to genuinely believe that it is made from quality ingredients.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
What about Papa John's or Dominos?? I can't trust any major restaurant chain/corporation but does anyone think that these guys are different?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I worked at a pizza hut when I was younger and I ate that
all the time.
Now this next part is going to sound disgusting but I'm comfortable sharing it with all of you. During this time I would break out with nasty boil like things on my face and my back, and also herpe like things in my nether regions. Well the good news is that I don't actually have the herps, these symptoms mysteriously showed up when I started working there, and cleared up shortly after I quit. I noticed these breakouts on the faces of everyone that worked there but I never put the pieces together until after I quit and the symptoms disappeared. I was also quite uncomfortable talking about this (since at that time I believed it actually was an STD).

Well I'm sorry I grossed you out with all that, but I feel that it is relevant to this thread. I feel I have a better understanding of what was happening to my body at that time. Also I could tell that my immune system was definitely weaker at that time. The funny thing is that I worked at 3 other pizza places before that and just like at pizza hut I would live primarily on pizza's I would bring home. Only no nasty breakouts of any kind.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tripdz
What about Papa John's or Dominos?? I can't trust any major restaurant chain/corporation but does anyone think that these guys are different?

As i said above i have had heavy hangovers from eating dominos pizza. I would guess that it's the mix of high levels of sugar, salt and assorted chemicals that completely screw up the brain. I wasn't alone in this either, it was a party we all pigged out a little and all woke up with headaches. None of us had been drinking alcohol as we were only 13 i think.

After that i never touched dominos, or indeed any fast food again, apart from the local stores where i knew exactly what was going into the food. Even so i eat fast food maybe once a month as a treat.

What tastes bette though, a homemade 5 bean curry made with a tomato base (healthy) or a pizza? I gotta say i do love the curry.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join