It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
xmb.stuffucanuse.com...
Polymethylsiloxane is sold by Dow-Corning as Antifoam FG 10 .

THIS MATERIAL IS APPROVED BY FDA FOR USE IN FOOD PLANTS ONLY AS AN ANTI-FOAMING AGENT FOR BOILER WATER.

In its patented manufacturing process, Leprino Foods liberally sprays Polydimethylsiloxane on cheese granules . Leprinos Pizza Cheese supplied to Pizza Huts contains about 900 parts per million of Polymethylsiloxane: 90 times higher residue concentration than FDA allows when Polymethylsiloxane is used as a boiler water anti- foaming agent.

“Last month, The Milkweed detailed how Pizza Hut restaurants illegally claim to use “Mozzarella” cheese on certain menu items, when in fact, Pizza Hut’s salt, starch and water-laden “Pizza Cheese” does not conform to FDA standards of identity for Mozzarella.

In this issue, writer John Bunting details how Pizza Hut’s cheese supplier—Leprino Foods—uses a silicone-based industrial chemical in the patented manufacturing of “Pizza Cheese.”

That chemical—Polymethylsiloxane—has no FDA approval for use as a food ingredient. Polymethylsiloxane is sold by Dow-Corning as “Antifoam FG 10”. THIS MATERIAL IS APPROVED BY FDA FOR USE IN FOOD PLANTS ONLY AS AN ANTI-FOAMING AGENT FOR BOILER WATER.

In its patented manufacturing process, Leprino Foods liberally sprays Polydimethylsiloxane on “cheese granules”.

Leprino’s “Pizza Cheese” supplied to Pizza Huts contains about 900 parts per million of Polymethylsiloxane: 90 times higher residue concentration than FDA allows when Polymethylsiloxane is used as a boiler water anti-foaming agent.

Repeat: Polydimethylsiloxane has no FDA approval as a safe food ingredient. It is a violation of FDA rules to use an unapproved ingredient in human foods.Silicone is amazing stuff. In its various forms,silicone may “enhance” the female anatomy (a la amply-endowed actress Pamela Anderson). Silicone products can caulk seams around the bathtub to sealout water. Silicone compounds are used for lubricants. However, using silicone products in human foods is a novel, if extra-legal, application. Leprino Foods, the world’s largest Italian cheese manufacturer, is the nearly exclusive supplier of “Pizza Cheese” to the 6000+ Pizza Hut restaurants in the U.S. Leprino is based in Denver, Colorado.

So, what say you?
Tomorrow are you going to Pizza Hut?

Bleck!

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Clearskies]

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
F!!!! I just ate pizza hut a few days ago!

lol funny cause as me and my friend we're eating it he asked me how bad/not real that pizza was.... Well now I got the answer, even knowing i knew there's no way it's good for you.

It seems like now a days if you bought it cooked, (depending on the resturant) it's not good for you..... HELL cooked or not!

I am proud to say other than pizza hut the other day, I haven't ate fast food in many moons! lol

now just gotta cut out the soda, candy/artificial coloring, aspartame, high fructose corn syrup, flouridated water/water containing those awesome ingredients that help turn boys into girls

HA what a world.

star n' flagged for the info sir!

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So are they blatantly lying when they say right on the pizza box that they are using 100% all natural ingredients?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I knew there was a good reason I stopped going to Pizza Hut years ago. I never trust chain restaurants, they always find a way to cut corners, at least with their manufactures ingredients.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't know how true this is, but the cheese and the pineaple are actually the two most nutrient-filled and least harmful part of the pizza.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I guess so!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Anyway, food by itself doesn't really cause diseases. It's eating a lot without exercising that causes them. Even if there are chemicals in the food, as long as you're "sufficiently hungry," the body will seek them out and burn them for energy.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
That's it. I've lost all hope. This is bullsnot and I don't know how I will go on knowing that my stuffed crusted slice of heaven is silicone.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Make it at home yourself!
That's what I did, and when my kids didn't like it, it meant more for me and my husband!
I tried SO hard to make healthy pizza, cuz that's all my oldest child wanted to eat, but for all my effort, noone but my husband and I wanted it. so..... my children missed out!
also I used to work at pappas pizza. I saw the roaches in the dough machine. Homemade is REALLY BETTER!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
1st its mcdonalds now people will complain about pizza hut and soon pizza hut wont taste good either.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by platipus

The truth hurts.
(Your junk food tooth!)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

my junk food tooth?

anyways, they'll probably do something about it.
news to me, thank u.

found this somwhere:

The inaccurate, indeed, libelous implication of your article is that Leprino is selling, and its customers are using, a cheese that is somehow adulterated and therefore illegal and unsafe. This is patently false. All cheese produced by Leprino fully complies with applicable FDA regulations. Your false statements appear to be based on your reading of an eighteen year old Leprino patent, and a factually baseless leap to the conclusion that Leprino must practice every facet of any patent ever granted it. [...] In point of fact, Leprino foods does not practice that portion of the patent on which you rely for your misleading, false and unfounded claims.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by platipus]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
As long as you eat in limited amounts, then you can eat virtually anything. Most of the times when you're hungry, it's really the stress that's tricking you.

The daily recommended amount is really for an active lifestyle. If you sit in front of the computer all day, then you need far less.

You can test this out for yourself. Eat a Big Mac for breakfast, if you feel hungry at luch, then try drinking some water first. Eventually, the body burns up the stress and the entire burger, such that you won't dump anything at all.

Also, in contrast to what is written, the body WILL burn fiber for energy, if it's hungry enough.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I knew it! I knew there was a reason i hated Pizza hut! I'd rather eat the snot off the dominos pizza then pizza hut (but i will stick with neither ;p)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Inaccurate information, Pizza hut cheese does not contain this ingredient, although it appears the FDA has approved it for use in food.

Leprino Foods: No Polydimethylsiloxane in Pizza Cheese by Pete Hardin Leprino Foods senior vice president for marketing and sales, Robert D. Boynton, has asserted that his company is not using polydimethylsiloxane in the manufacture of Leprino’s “Pizza Cheese” sold to Pizza Hut. Boynton’s assertion was made in a terse, February 17, 2006 letter sent to The Milkweed. The entire letter is reprinted on this page. Boynton’s letter was written in response to an article appearing in the February 2006 issue titled, “Clean Up Pizza Hut’s Silicone-Laden Cheese!” Boynton claims that Leprino is not using polydimethylsiloxane in “Pizza Cheese” produced under U.S. Patent #4,894,245. Boynton claims that the 18-year old patent (issued to Leprino Foods), which is listed on boxes of “Pizza Cheese”, is not relevant. “Your false statements appear to be based on your reading of an eighteen year old Leprino patent, and a factually baseless leap to the conclusion that Leprino must practice every facet of any patent ever granted to it,” Boynton’s letter steamed. Boynton implicitly threatened legal action by Leprino if The Milkweed did not act in a manner considered appropriate to Leprino Foods. Boynton’s letter did not acknowledge or deny prior use by Leprino Foods of polydimethylsiloxane in manufacture of its “Pizza Cheese.” Based upon what further information The Milkweed has gleaned about polydimethylsiloxane, it is good that Leprino Foods is not presently using that chemical in its “Pizza Cheese”. (See accompanying article.) Thus, we may conclude that Pizza Hut’s “Pizza Cheese” has been cleaned up. Therefore, any consumer concerns about polydimethyl-siloxane in foods should not be directed at Pizza Hut. Instead, concerns should be directed at the FDA, which has approved use of that chemical in food.

www.themilkweed.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I use to like their pizza a lot, now I just love their sauce. I'll intentionally go there for 2 sides of sauce to dip my white pie from another pizza place in. So as long as the sauce is safe, I'm happy, though I know it's not but what are ya gonna do.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreamwatcher

Well, that's good news.
Although I can't afford Pizza Hut, anyway. Maybe once a year..........

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
No more pizza hut for me .
NYC has the best pizza in little italy at a place called the little buffalo. but it's in italian. il picolo bufalo I think.
Even Gordon Ramsay would like it.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
i guess this is nothing more than disinformation to scare people.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

My what an interesting source you have chosen there Cs ... and written by NC no less!

Meh, in any case, anyone eating from these chain "restaurants" is just asking for trouble anyway ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join