Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Pizza Hut cheese is not just cheese, its silicone!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just an FYI on the play of words to REAL Cheese or ALL NATURAL. I have here in front of me a bag of graded cheese from a company called Roundy's and the bag says All Nautral Cheese. the ingredients are: pasteurized milk,cheese culture,salt, enzymes,annatto color, anti-caking agent(potato starch and powdered CELLULOSE) and natamyacin. all that for a natural "cheese"

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
Is there anything safe in this world to eat anymore?

Organic fruits and vegetables

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

ATTN: MOD

Does anyone check the sources for this stuff?
When exactly did this take place?
You go to The Milkweed site and this is what you find:
www.themilkweed.com...

How about the response from Leprino?
www.themilkweed.com...

Last when? How about 2006.

I call HOAX.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazz87

Haha I ate Pizza Hut Saturday and me and some buds actually commented on the less than quality cheese taste. That and the lack of sauce really put a damper on my spirits. Papa Johns from here on out. Pizza Hut has really fallen off, at least in my area.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

It doesn't taste like cheese. You must stay away from all foods that have artificial ingredients....all of them. Do not trust theFDA.
I always tell folks this story about the milling of grains in the US. During WW2 when we switched from stone to mechanical means of grinding wheat it was discovered most if not all the nutrients were lost in the process.
It was discovered grain would keep longer in silos overseas and not get eaten by rats if the heart was removed.
After a short while our American soldiers began dying, rapidly from unknown causes.
Scientist discovered it was because the milling process of the wheat was changed and soldiers were missing vital nutrients that seemed to be contained in the "germ" or heart of the wheat.
Wow. There is something here that keeps them alive they thought....and the study of vitamins was born.

Unfortunately our story does not end here.

Now the product wheat can bring triple, quadruple the revenues because when the essential ingredients are removed (germ and heart) they can be further broken down into various elements and sold as VITAMINS!
Man made synthetic vitamins (only a handful compared to what is lost) were replaced for the "vital" ingredients and it was found the soldiers NO LONGER DIED. It did not study if they were "healthy" but at least they did not die.

Wheat, cereal and bread products you purchase off supermarket shelves were from then on deceptively labeled VITAMIN ENRICHED.

This means they took a whole lot out and put a small amount of man made synthetics in...enough so the product is not deadly any longer. Lucky us.

If they will do this to a whole populace of Americans. What won't they do?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Its really sad but once again its all about the money.

Americans are unaware of how much of our "processed" foods are optimized in chemistry laboratories for maximum profitability.

That is why YUM brands, the parent company of Pizza Slut can boast 14% year over year profits according to their website.

If you look at the govt required nutritional/allergens information Pizza Hut provides it states two cheeses, "Mozzarella" and "Pizza Cheese".

What do YOU think the purpose of "Pizza Cheese" for a multinational corporation is ? Its certainly not for your health !

This thread arose from the creator and supplier of so called "Pizza Cheese" Leprino Foods holding a patent for "coated cheese granules" ,which is essentially what Pizza Cheese is comprised of in which the coating or emulsifier of said cheese granules contains silicon used to aid in melting.

This allows YUM brands to pass the buck as they're doing and claim ignorance as long as everything "adheres to or meets FDA requirements".

All grated/shredded packaged cheese for that matter has an "anti caking" additive "cellulose" which is essentially plastic, that is also used in hot dog casings btw. Unless from a synthetic source such as plastic they are extracted from a non synthetic source such as wood or cotton pulp after a chemical delignification process.

For example: KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese -

I regretfully made the mistake of buying as a backup for my own home grated cheese.

It clearly states on the front of the label in RED

"100% REAL Grated Parmesan NO FILLERS"

SO I took the package at face value but ...upon arriving home and reading the ingredients.

PARMESAN CHEESE(PASTEURIZED PART SKIM MILK,SALT,ENZYMES LESS THAN 2%,CHEESE CULTURE,CELLULOSE POWDER TO PREVENT CAKING,POTASSIUM SORBATE

So technically it IS 100% Parmesan Cheese, according to KRAFT's definition, but what they are not telling you is that cellulose is part of THEIR Parmesan Cheese which of course is essentially a filler. For it is considerably cheaper than real milk and or cheese and the fact that they aren't disclosing the percentage of cellulose used is suspicious. Another additive to KRAFT's definition of Parmesan Cheese is none other than Potassium Sorbate, a preservative to extend shelf life. For additional more profits I might add.

On the contrary looking at my other real Parmesan that i normally buy and grate myself contains only:

Pasteurized Milk,Cheese Culture,Salt, Enzymes

I've seen posters here use the excuse well we know its not good for us so I'm eating it anyway.
Exactly ! That's what YUM Brands wants you to do in order for them to keep and maintain their bottom line !

What is unbeknownst to the sheeple is that all of these foreign chemicals arent digestible via our normal enzymatic digestive process and end up being stored in the body. The accumulation and storage of these foreign substances, and their long term effects are suspect in many of the common ailments such as heart disease plaguing many Americans who have been raised on this food.

These multinational corporations and their attorneys are all about profits to the share holders and certainly do not care about your health !

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! not my beloved pizza hut
I love pizza hut...why,why,why oh lord does it have to be pizza hut. I am really upset about this. I have been wanting one of these to come to my town for ever...then when it finally does...this comes out. I suppose they could come back from it though and start using real cheese. The same thing happened to McDonald's years ago with them calling their shakes milk shakes. It was found out that what they were calling milk shakes had no milk product in them at all and were one molecule off from being nylon.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Remember the milkshake controversy? Fast food chains were using an ingredient used in the manufacture of styrofoam (that's right!) to thicken them up!

Unscrupulous used to be a bad thing. Now it is a lifestyle choice.

Consumers are at best dis serviced and at worst used as guinea pigs.
Who can I sue? Actually someone should sue.

I remember the case of Tropicana Orange Juice. It was found to be partially reconstituted from frozen while the label said "fresh squeezed". A woman received over a million dollar settlement (to make a point to the company) because she was misled and her taste buds had been compromised!

[edit on 23-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
You think all this is bad?...What do you suppose they bother to use in something called "cheese product" ?

Another thing to stay away from is cheap ice cream. I threw a carton away once by leaving it in the sink to melt and it kept its shape, like a spongy blob and was really hard to force down the drain even after being completely melted. It was pretty frightening and I have never bought, even Bryers again. If I have to pay 4 bucks a pint to get real cream...sadly...I will.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

In the end it is the fault of the consumer, alot of people have actually forgotten what good food tastes like. Big companies can start gradually adding anything and everything under the sun while the consumers are oblivious and munching away happily. And it costs alot more money than cooking for yourself i might add....and good home cooked food is far better than the crap they serve at fast food joints.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by rusethorcain

In the end it is the fault of the consumer, alot of people have actually forgotten what good food tastes like. Big companies can start gradually adding anything and everything under the sun while the consumers are oblivious and munching away happily. And it costs alot more money than cooking for yourself i might add....and good home cooked food is far better than the crap they serve at fast food joints.

No. It is not the fault of the consumer big businesses treats us like farm animals. We are not supposed to remember the taste of every food (have you had a good peach in the last 20 years?) and monitor the actions of Kraft, General Foods and Nabisco to tell if they changed anything.
Caveat Emptor only goes so far. There is an implied guarantee the product will do no harm and we have a right to expect that. Trouble is harm from these ingredients is difficult to spot. It may cause cancer, skin problems, reproductive problems and we never may know about it until years later and even then only if someone begins a deliberate study.
We ought to be able to trust the FDA not to permit harmful ingredients, even questionable ingredients or those that have not undergone 20-50 year studies. Unfortunately some of these companies have lobbys and tons of money. All you have to do is send a hooker to the FDA office have someone take the bait and then black mail them. I am certain this and worse goes on behind closed doors all the time.

In one way you are correct. Someone on a news show put this very well...You vote with your dollars everyday.
Sadly though there are very poor people, who are not well versed on nutrition and trust their government not to kill them and so buy food off convenience store shelves. Whole Foods are much more expensive than their chemical laden counterparts. Why? We don't farm anymore.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Seems we are far too busy and our time too valuable to sit and watch things grow....we let China and South America do that for us.

Two more quick things...I have a bunny and always bought him the organic baby carrots to eat. When I couldn't find them I bought "regular" carrots from the produce section of Publix. He rejected them and would not eat them.
The fake crabmeat which is supposed to be made from "pollock" or codfish flavored to taste like crab. I put dishes of it in front of a dozen cats. It dried in the plates. None of them would touch it.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
No more pizza hut for me .
NYC has the best pizza in little italy at a place called the little buffalo. but it's in italian. il picolo bufalo I think.
Even Gordon Ramsay would like it.

Weren't you the one who was going to leave America? Why are you still there? You made a pretty radical argument about how crappy it is there

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I worked for Pizza Hut for several years. I don't care what's in the cheese. it tasted goooood to me.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This is hardly an issue, who the #, sorry, thought Pizza Hut was good food in the first place?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That's a shame, however not surprising. Pizza Hut used to be one of my favorite places to order pizza when I lived in the states, but I've grown to realize that ANY major food chain will screw you over to cut costs.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I have been a member here for some time but I have not posted anything for several months. I could not pass this up. The cheese may or may not be safe but you still could not pay me to eat pizza hut pizza. I worked for Pizza Hut for roughly 5 and a half years. I never at the Pizza the whole time I ever worked there simply based on what goes on in the back. At the risk of implicating myself in some very foul and juvenile behavior I will tell you that unless you like your pizza dough rolled up and kicked around like a hackey sack DO NOT eat there. You would vomit on the spot If I were to go into depth at the level of debauchery that goes on out of customer sight at Pizza Hut.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm gonna have to throw my complaint in here like Dreamwatcher. Is anyone reading the entire thread or just the OP and then responding? You don't even have to read too far into the thread. There is a response from the company saying they don't use it. Rant over >_

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If any one of you have ever taken a business course you will learn that a company will do anything they can to cut fractional cents off the costs of producing/shipping a product(s).

Do you think the general public who visit ATS know what all of these chemicals do? If you are going to make an accusation as such then do a full investigation. Too many members are just pulling up an article and riding the coat tails of whomever took the time to write it. I have lurked ATS for years and every member on here is turning more and more into a lazy ass. Stop making claims, start making irrefutable truths. Not good enough.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm not sure which is worse, that this is happening or that it actually surprises me. It's a running joke everytime a McDonalds commercial comes on that proclaims their use of "100% pure beef" patties as actually meaning:

100% All Beaf© Patties

The loopholes this people find in the law cannot be anything but premeditation.
Thank goodness I don't like Pizza Hut already.

Now, anyone with bad info about Taco Bell just leave me alone to wallow in my denial. NO ONE SHALL TOUCH MY BEAN BURRITO without losing a finger.

Jim

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join