It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sound wave" from Ocean Shakes San Diego Town

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Someone earlier had said that they lived in the area and yesterday they had a a storm. I thought perhaps some sort of phenomena took place between the cold and hot fronts. Just a theory no basis behind it.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thegrayone

Really? Alpine had no sound at all. Interesting.

Did you feel a change in air density? I am leaning towards a military test or misfire. The military presence is more than plentiful for that.

It just went so quickly for me. Not much for me to go off of.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

AH! Yes, it is colder than hell right now. I am distracting myself from getting a cigarette because I am going to freeze my ass off!

This storm seemed to take one day to form from a few days of mild weather, and my fingers are freezing inside my heated house! I did not check the weather forecast for So Cal, but similar weather was forecast for the UK.

Good ol BBC.

For a theory how about low level atmospheric seeding? You never know.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

There has been a dedicated military presence here since the towers fell in 01. They never returned to the previous levels, from what I have personally seen.

Military project? Sounds about right. I just think that it isn't what they say it is.

If all else fails, lie, lie, and lie again.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I vote that it was a rail gun or a new hypersonic missile test. I experienced the SR-72 sonic booms as did the whole west coast of Florida one night years ago. It was four times as loud as the space shuttle coming home and about tossed my sliding glass windows out of their tracks. It was so massive that the ground shook as well.

The air force blamed it on two F-18s coming in from the south to McDill but that was way to far away and way to loud. They were spotted but not moving that fast. They had to be flying air cover for it until the Black-swift decided to take off for its test run.

I hear fighters break the sound barrier out in the gulf all the time and they are nothing remotely as loud as the Black-swift. That night over one thousand calls came into the news station asking if we had just experienced an earthquake.

The navy has been known to send Tomahawks at that Island so you can bet it was some new type of weapon.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I am still going with Solar Activity, seems every time the sun shows us signs of life there is a Earthquake, Volcano, or some freak event like the Spiral, and now this Hum/Boom/Bang/Shake whatever it is.

I believe in this.

Galactic Alignment = Solar Activity = Climate Change = Strange Crap = Extinction = Awakening.

Humanity has known this for thousands of years, yet we still scratch our heads when we see signs of it. The clues are everywhere, many religion, ancient civilizations told us this was going to happen long before we had all this funky technology. It's written in just about every holy book, if not them all.

The only thing we can do is Accept that the next sate of our evolution is without the human body. This is not an attempt to get people running for the hills in fear, in fact if you do fear the only thing you are afraid of is loosing the attachments you have here in this life, "LET GO"

Accepting this is happening it's much easier, if by some chance it doesn't "It's a bonus, celebrate with a beer or two"

Life's Roller coaster, Enjoy the ride man.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by IamNow]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
I am still going with Solar Activity, seems every time the sun shows us signs of life there is a Earthquake, Volcano, or some freak event like the Spiral, and now this Hum/Boom/Bang/Shake whatever it is.

I believe in this.

Galactic Alignment = Solar Activity = Climate Change = Strange Crap = Extinction = Awakening.

Humanity has known this for thousands of years, yet we still scratch our heads when we see signs of it. The clues are everywhere, many religion, ancient civilizations told us this was going to happen long before we had all this funky technology. It's written in just about every holy book, if not them all.

The only thing we can do is Accept that the next sate of our evolution is without the human body. This is not an attempt to get people running for the hills in fear, in fact if you do fear the only thing you are afraid of is loosing the attachments you have here in this life, "LET GO"

Accepting this is happening it's much easier, if by some chance it doesn't "It's a bonus, celebrate with a beer or two"

Life's Roller coaster, Enjoy the ride man.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by IamNow]

God has hit reboot many times before on us. This will be the last time he leaves us to our own devices, for at least one thousand years that we know of. I guessed you missed the part were he sits in the temple here on earth in Jerusalem and watches over us.

The ones that are saved from hell and who has not joined the Anti-Christ will be brought back to earth as some kind of half human-Angel with Angel like powers to help destroy the army of the Anti-Christ.

The same Human-Angels will rebuild and re-occupy earth. We will be in Human type body's.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

Someone earlier had said that they lived in the area and yesterday they had a a storm. I thought perhaps some sort of phenomena took place between the cold and hot fronts. Just a theory no basis behind it.

I lived in the area for three years. Never saw that kind of storm, nor heard any booms. Since moving to Southern Maryland, I have heard loud, rumbling booms throughout the summer. They say it's weapons testing at Dahlgren VA but they say they aren't doing testing during the incidents. My sense is that some of the DC area interests are moving underground.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by souls
reply to post by Hack28

Unfortunately, I rarely sit down and watch T.V. so I'm not sure if it was mentioned on the news. If it was, it is like most things. "A loud sonic boom disturbed residents...now for the real news, firemen rescued a kitty cat from a tree. Awwwww" Gunshots are common in my area, to tell you the truth, some just go unnoticed, or just ignored. The area that sees most of the military activity is Miramar, and even in downtown San Diego. Once in a while at the harbor, you can see them brandishing that real cool stealth boat they have, and some awesome hovercraft. Now that you mention it, it may seem kind of exciting, but you just get used to all of the jets flying over, the military choppers circling around, the paratroopers doing their thing, and even the gunshots and the sound of "spaceships" taking off.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4e2905b0387643e8.jpg[/atsimg]

Cool picture - That's a pretty awesome looking boat. Had no idea such a thing existed. Oh, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I went down there for a funeral that day.

I heard the boom then I saw fighter jets moving towards the coast. It was weird because they seemed to running an exercise in the middle of stormy weather.

I didn't see anything unusual but the ground did shake, it felt like a big sonic boom or a bomb. There wasn't any smoke or anything tho.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by vjr1113]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I didn't notice any shift in the air, but I wasn't paying attention either.
When it happened, I didn't think anything of it. I forgot about it as soon as it has passed.

One time in NY, I was watching TV when I felt a very light tremor. I was like wow, we don't have tremors in NY. I paid attention to that, and the next day I started doing research about it. The news were asking how many people felt it and where. As it turned out, there was a tremor felt by very few people in Queens, NY (where I used to live at the time). They never said the cause for the tremor. My sisters and some friends were calling me to tell me that I was right because I have told them what I felt at the moment it happened.

I Work at night, up in the mountains. I carry NVGs, binos and a camera. I'm always paying attention to the sky to see if I see anything out of the ordinary. so far no luck.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Wow there are some very plausible theories here. Military activity seems to be the most crediable yet it seems to be a new type of weapon/techonology.

I called some friends in san diego and both of them heard/felt the boom. From what ive been told its not all together that rare of an event to happen in the san diego area.

By the way I'm new to the forum and would just like to thank all of you people who bring to life all these incredible happenings around the world.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hey Hack28 do you know of any similar incidents reported in Vancouver or BC?

SMR

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
reply to post by thegrayone

Really? Alpine had no sound at all. Interesting.

You must have not noticed it but I did and I am in Alpine.
I posted my experience here post by SMR

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Weirder things are happening earthquake.usgs.gov...

An earthquake hit Eastern Russia, I can't post as I've less than 20 posts all together.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The "Bloop" sound recording, as well as others, are absolutely stunning in my view. I have a deep interest with the ocean, and bodies of water in general (lol, pun intended). There is so much that we know about the marine environment of our planet, but it pales in comparison to what we do not know. In fact, we know far more about outer-space, as opposed to the oceanic bodies of Earth.

BTW, one of my family members was instrumental in originally setting up SOSUS (Which was used to pinpoint enemy subs (Mostly Soviet), before it caught the recent mysterious sounds through NOAA). The system is AMAZING, and most have no idea just how capable it truly is.

As for the rumbling over California, I would dare say that it was a MIL Jet. The same family member of mine who set-up SOSUS, was stationed with an HDU out of Ft. Miley back in the day. One day they were conducting ops from a casemate (A concrete bunker), and suddenly the entire thing rumbled and shook. It shocked them to say the least, so a couple of them went outside to find the cause of the event. It turns out that a Fighter Jet had flown in from a Carrier at Sea, and it busted a U-Turn right smack-dab over San Francisco, surpassing the speed of sound and subsequently creating sonic-booms no less. (All of these guys had vast experience with MIL aircraft and vessels, but it still took them by surprise).

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I live in near Chula Vista, and I didn't hear anything. As for the Sea Shadow...I've worked the ship yards for 10 years and I've seen it cruise down the bay several times. There is one anchored to a pier next to a shipyard company called Northrop Grumman.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the intriguing thread. I am leanining more on the side of (w/ a twist):

a) Sonic Boom - I'm not sold on this one because eye witnesses say it was felt more than heard. I grew up under the flight path of the Concord, and the vibrations from it could rattle a picture off a bookshelf or the wall. But more than that, the boom was almost deafening at times.
Lethal / Non-Lethal Grade Weaponry - I have no Idea what a nuke under sea sounds or feels like but it sounds to me like a new class of weaponry. I know someone who works for one of the big defense contactors, and he says they've been testing a few non-lethal weapons; one with light and another with sonic waves.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
there were some threads here talking about strange sounds some time ago, from Ohio , the midwest , and other places, it was very strange..

posted on Dec, 24 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
After discussing the boom at length with some friends and family who experienced it, this was the consensus:

1. It definitely came from above. As my granddaughter noted: "It hit the roof first and then rattled down the walls." We all agreed with that assessment after she voiced it.

2. It wasn't thunder from lightning, as it lacked the distinctive sharp crackle and the directionality.

3. It wasn't an earthquake, either: see #1.

4. It wasn't a sonic boom from a jet: no crack-boom trailing away.

5. It had a strange physical flatness to it: not flat sound, but a sense of being physically flat, pressing down and out.

6. It wasn't a single boom, but at least two, perhaps four, seperate booms, although they were closely spaced.

7. It came from seaward, but also from above.

My best guess is that it is related to solar activity, perhaps a narrow, dense, high-energy solar stream entering and heating the atmosphere without having the physicality of a meteor, but producing an explosively heated area just above the ocean surface; "just above" relative to the depth of the atmosphere, say a few thousand feet above. It is just possible that it might be an anti-matter/matter explosion. I seem to recall a recent paper saying that scientists had unexpectedly found evidence of anti-matter in near-space.

If it's neither, then I've shot my bolt: no idea what else it might have been, as anything else would have left evidence one way or another.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join