It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sound wave" from Ocean Shakes San Diego Town

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I found this on another website, someone had done some research ill post and link here.
By:Truth to Power
"Magnetosphere Simulator shots from 15 minutes before the boom, during the approximate time of the boom and 30 minutes after the boom (I hope I got it right). US Pacific Time is 8 hrs behind UTC, so 16:15 on 12/21 = 00:15 UTC on 12/22. If I'm correct, the magnetosphere was blasted and twisted at the time of the boom!"

00:00 UTC

00:15 UTC

00:30

original source
poleshift.ning.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tamaransd

Have those scientists at Scripps Institution of Oceanography made any connection to a "sound wave" for this latest boom?

Sorry tamaransd, I meant it as a general post.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just a ship mounted BAE systems railgun

Nothing to see here, move along

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
[edit on 22-12-2009 by Hack28]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Is it possible that this is some kind of weather disturbance.? Thunder or something like that?. Im not a meteorologist so i dunno but this sure is interesting this is the kinda ATS im about . A real event with real witnesses documented on the news no he said she said made up reptillian crapola just a real mystery looking for an answer.
my first star and flag

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Got to say it..

Maybe just maybe it was another one of the Russian rockets, you know the mach 10 guy, or so I heard, and it failed, upon re-entry into the atmosphere it made the sound.
I always wondered what it would sound like when the sound barrieir was broken many times over.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I figured it out...a set of weather balloons exploded. Those were new ones, huge, made of chinese material.

Either that, or it is a sonic boom, only firefighters are panicking as they usually do, so they evacuated their station...

Or, it is a nuclear explosion, not seen since it is under the sea..and therefore the sound waves are stronger. When sound waves hit the rocks, it was loud...of course the army will not tell us. Those are secret experiments.

Under the sea, under the sea, everything's better, down where it's wetter, un-der-da-see!!

[edit on 22-12-2009 by herbivore]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by xDove007

What are you talking about? Coronado Island is just a Silver Strand away from San Ysidro.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This is really interesting, we live near Portland Oregon, this morning around 9 AM, I was outside walking the dog, no sound very quiet this morning then I heard a series of low rumblings off in the distance. I called a couple of people but they heard nothing. I thought I would post this in response to see if anyone else here in the NW heard anything this morning as well.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

Originally posted by enca78
Ypu said 120 miles of the coast? You may be wondering why im asking but i was recently looking at "johnston Island" not far from Hawaii, theres nothing from their news channels that i see so far besides a water spout and barrak`s visit. Although apparently major players were supposedly have met ET`s on johnston island in november

Good post tho

That is cool, its like the end of a movie where humans meet with the aliens and afterwards they take off in their ship. Its than shows the town rumbling from the take off. Than the next day one of the people who met the aliens would be watching the news and they would come on and say "a suspected military drill caused the loud sonic boom" and he would bust a koi smile, sip his coffee, and fade to black end of movie!!
hahaha
seriously though thats a pretty cool coincidence i had not heard of.

@Algebra
i had not heard about the bloop and this underwater mountain have you got a link? sounds interesting

@Souls
Sounds like you live in an enteratining area, i would love to be anle to watch military drills. That being said im sure you got bored of the gunshots in a week, nothing like a BBQ with friends and than you thinking you under attack. Is anything being mentioned in your local news outlets about the "boom"?

The links are either on the original thread or the post after. Read the whole thing next time.
lol

SMR

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here is a thread I started back in 2006 about this very same thing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I too heard and felt this and I live FAR East of of San Diego County.The mountain area.I was talking on the phone to my GF at work and after pausing and then telling her about what just happened, she then told me she felt and heard the same thing, only before I did.She said couple minutes but could be sooner than that.

I heard it first then felt it.Split second timing but I definitely heard it first.
I did see it on the news (Channel 8 for us SD people) at 6:30 and 11'oclick

I saw no planes and I can tell you, there are jets and military helicopters every day over my head several times a day.I saw nothing.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I heard / felt it as well. I live 18 miles due east of downtown at about 1100'

I first thought we were having an earthquake, the but what felt like the initial precursor wave never intensified and no large jolt was felt. It lasted I'm estimating 10 seconds.

After realizing it was not an earthquake I thought maybe a large (like semi size) delivery truck had pulled up to the house. I checked out front and nothing. I will, however state that is the best description I could give. It felt like a large truck was right outside for a few moments.

I used to live in north LA, I'm quite used to the shuttle return booms when coming into edwards and the other random 'unknown' booms from that area. This wasn't like that, there was no sharp crack.

If I plotted it it would like like a low plateau, not a bellcurve or sawtooth signal.

No theories other than what is already presented, but thought I'd offer another account.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Zaphod]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SMR

Hey SMR I was about to reference your Thread...I work in la Jolla (Torrey Pines) and live in Encinitas. I feel these quite often and usually put it off as another testing at Camp Pendelton, but yesterday was different. I'm waiting for my cousing to text me. he's in the navy stationed in SD and work on a destroyer. I'll see if he has any answers and will report back.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I was stationed at NAS Miramar, before it was MCAS, '77 to 82 and concur with previous posters that there is indeed some weird stuff to see in the skies above San Diego. Beautiful city, BTW.
When I was there, Kearny Mesa, we knew it as East Miramar, had a test facility for rail gun weapons, and while we did test runs on our A/C in the middle of the night, there were many things we saw and just were in awe of. (think shooting stars, but these went UP)
In any event, lots of military goings on there and nothing there would surprise me.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I lived there for many years when I served in the US Navy. I experienced small earthquakes that would rattle the building but with no audilble sound except for things shaking. When I lived up close to camp Pendleton in Vista you could hear explosions from exercises. The one odd thing I did hear were multiple "sonic booms" from the sky. At least that is what I thought. When I researched that I thought it might be some type of high speed aircraft "think Aurora" out of it's planned flight path. But that is just a guess.

I've heard of swat/military exercises in populated areas using stun grenades around San Diego county. Here is a link to something similar.

Exercise explosions

I guess a sound wave could be generated by a release in pressure between plates but that would also generate seismic activity.

Here is another link discussing this in a forum back on 04/04/2006.
Mysterious booms in San Diego 04042006

With so much military I tend to think it is the military testing and then deny to prevent being held financially or legally responsible from possible fall out over any disturbance they have caused.

Hell they kicked Top Gun out of Miramar for being too noisy yet that base had been there for a long time before most residents who moved in around the base and enjoyed the economic boom it provided.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
OK here is some good info about the sound wave back in 2006 from the link I posted previously.

Scripps scientists say it traveled over the ocean to desert
By Alex Roth
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
April 27, 2006

A group of local scientists has uncovered some clues to the source of a mysterious disturbance that rattled San Diego County on the morning of April 4, shaking windows, doors and bookcases from the coast to the mountains.

The scientists, based at Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla, say the disturbance was caused by a sound wave that started over the ocean and petered out over the Imperial County desert. Using data from more than two dozen seismometers, they traced its likely origin to a spot roughly 120 miles off the San Diego coast.

Tracking the boom
That spot is in the general vicinity of Warning Area 291, a huge swath of ocean used for military training exercises. The Navy operates a live-fire range on San Clemente Island, which is within Warning Area 291 and sits about 65 miles from Mission Bay.

The researchers also have charted dozens of similar, if less dramatic, incidents that seem to have originated in the same general area of the ocean. They aren't sure what caused any of them.

Peter Shearer, a Scripps professor involved in the research, has no idea whether the April 4 disturbance was natural or made by humans.

“I would guess it's either an explosion that somebody hasn't told us about or it could have been a meteor coming into the atmosphere,” he said. “But it was certainly a big disturbance in the atmosphere.”

Steve Fiebing, a Coronado-based Navy spokesman, said the live-fire range on San Clemente Island was inactive April 4. He also said there was no Navy or Marine Corps flight activity in Warning Area 291 on that day that would have caused a sonic boom or a countywide tremor.

The area, also known in military circles as Whiskey 291, covers 1 million square miles and is off-limits to civilian planes and ships, Fiebing said.

“There was no unusual training that would have caused anything close to what people here felt,” he said.

Cmdr. William Fenick, another local Navy spokesman, said no San Diego-based warships were conducting operations in Warning Area 291 that day.

“We don't know at this time where this earthquakelike sensation came from,” Fenick said.

The April 4 disturbance hit San Diego County shortly before 9 a.m. A quake was quickly eliminated as the cause, leaving a mystery that has been the source of three weeks of speculation from Pacific Beach to Lakeside to the Internet.
The Scripps researchers believe the disturbance was the result of a low-frequency wave that traveled through the air at the speed of sound as it moved from the ocean to the desert. It was picked up by more than two dozen seismometers in San Diego and eastern Riverside counties, the researchers said.

According to data analyzed by the scientists, the wave was felt on San Nicolas Island, northwest of San Clemente Island, at 8:40 a.m. It hit Solana Beach at 8:46 a.m., the western edge of the Cleveland National Forest at 8:47.30 and the eastern side of the Salton Sea at 8:53 a.m. From there, it appears to have dissipated.

Elizabeth Cochran, the lead researcher on the project, said the wave moved at 320 meters per second, roughly the speed that sound travels through the air. Its velocity was too slow to be that of an earthquake, she said.

Cochran, a postdoctoral researcher in the geophysics and planetary physics department, said the only explanation is that the wave was traveling through the atmosphere, not through the ground. At each location, the wave could be felt for roughly 10 seconds, she said.

Several months before the April 4 incident, the team had begun studying other nonquake disturbances that were registering on San Diego County seismometers, including 76 that apparently originated in that same general area of the ocean in 2003. Shearer said he and his colleagues figured that some of those disturbances surely must have come from offshore military exercises.

The researchers haven't been able to determine whether the April 4 wave was more powerful than the earlier ones or whether it simply felt that way because of atmospheric conditions.

If the disturbance was caused by the military, no one has owned up to it. The Navy and Marines say none of their planes were flying at supersonic speeds that morning.

“I'm told that a sonic boom would not cover that distance at all,” said Fiebing, the Navy spokesman.

The Navy uses Warning Area 291 for a wide range of training, including large-scale ship maneuvers and battle exercises, but Fiebing and Fenick said they were unaware of any such training April 4 that would have caused such a disturbance.

Authorities have said a meteor probably wasn't the cause because it would have been noticed by the scientific community. The American Meteor Society reported no fireball sightings over Southern California on that day.

It seems it's military to me. I have many friends who were submariners. I'll see if they have an idea about what this might be. I'll check with some active duty guys out there also.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by on_yur_6]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Another thought occured to me. For something to affect this many over such a large area, it has to be something very powerful. I believe we can no longer test nuclear weapons on US soil??? Would you put it past the US government to perform nuclear tests in international waters far out at sea and underground?

Stay tuned, large green lizard to storm San Diego at any moment.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i hope it's something like Cloverfield, that would be so cool! I'd love to see footage of a Monster Rising up out of the sea, and crawling onto California's beach, and into the city.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What boom? I live in that area and hear nothing, house did not rattle, glass wear did not tinkle. Nadda, nothing no boom or rattle, so I am not sure what they are refering to.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

So, both the 2006 and the 2009 sound came from the same general area?

I highly doubt the sonic boom theory.
The energy required to be abble to shake windows as far as 120 miles away is just too great.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join