It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sound wave" from Ocean Shakes San Diego Town

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Good to know!
The weather may have caused some reaction between the cold and the hot fronts.
I think anything not explained is exciting, even when the explanation comes itll be exciting like if it was a storm front reaction, think of the physics going on that would create that, the energy, fascinating stuff.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
All reports I've read say its a sonic boom....or multiple sonic booms. Even the 2006 event is said to be a sonic boom.

It could be from a yet unknown Military jet that can fly faster than anything we currently have.

By the reports, it was an very loud and physically disturbing event that even caused some buildings to be evacuated because folks thought an earthquake was happening.

Was there and SR-71 Blackbird flying low anywhere? (mach 3.5 +)

Is there a scram jet being tested? (really fast - mach 9+)

[edit on 22-12-2009 by wdkirk]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So in this link ;

www.postandcourier.com...

(which is about a simular niose that occured in South Carolina December 2nd) In one of the replies a guy mentions something called the Kuiper Belt. Here's his full comment :

Kuiper Belt throwing big rocks at earth, the sonic booms were NOT caused by jets.

(1) KAPUSKASING ONTARIO 12/1 10:20 A.M.

The Kapuskasing OPP is looking into reports of a mysterious sound that rang out on Monday morning.

At around 10:20 a.m., Mitchell's Corner residents told The Times that they heard what sounded to them like an explosion powerful enough to rattle the windows in their houses, and send neighbourhood dogs into a frenzy of barking.

Some residents in Kapuskasing and Brunetville also reported feeling the ground shake on Monday morning.

(2)NEWCASTLE AUSTRALIA MONDAY 10:30 PM

Earthquake, sonic boom, meteorite? Why did the earth move in Newcastle last night?
ALYSSON WATSON
02 Dec, 2009 09:29 AM
WEEKS before the 20th anniversary of the 1989 Newcastle earthquake, some Newcastle people thought it was happening all over against last night.
Numerous callers to 1233 ABC Newcastle radio this morning reported shaking windows for about a minute at 10.30pm last night.

The callers were from as far afield as Rothbury, Caves Beach and Anna Bay.

(3) CHARLESTON SOUTH CAROLINA 11 A.M.

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - A sonic boom and tremors felt from Mt. Pleasant to James Island were not an earthquake, according to the South Carolina Earthquake Education and Preparedness center at the College of Charleston.

The reports were concentrated along the coast before 11am Tuesday.

ps: In mid to late October a larger explosion off the coast of Indonesia occurred and was estimate to be a 25 kiloton blast and then we had the Utah event around Nov 17 during the Leonid showers that lit up the entire state. The interstellar cloud our solar system is drifting through is affecting the entire solar system including ice caps melting on Mars not just earth. Jupiter was hit several months ago putting a gash into the planet surface that was estimated by Hubble Telescope observations to be large enough for around three earth's to fit into it. VALIDATE everything I have posted, they ARE FACTS and you don't have to have a Phd degree to connect the dots.

So there we go, pretty interesting this is the first I've heard about the Kuiper belt, and also wondered if the original poster is an ATS member? Also If there were a astronomical explanation for this, then why keep it hush hush?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I was at work when i heard everything above me start shaking, the ventilation system started shaking next the windows.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I was hunting in October near Ely NV and was a few miles from a military proving grounds and experienced the same thing right eofre the sun went down. But there were a succesion of shaking booms that shook the ground. Like an earthquake. A series of four booms with four very noticable shakes in the earth.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Good point about the military presence, as noted in another thread it's happened over Washington state as well along with tremors. A short list of bases Bremerton, Bangor, Navy. Ft lewis plus other army installations around Yakima etc, and Mccord for the air force, plus the heavy boeing presence. At least 3 of them set off my truck alarm which isn't supersensitive. It sounds very similar to thunder but MUCH more concussive force, it's enough to get everyone outside there apartments quickly, also the sky would be clear to partly cloudy. Thunder on a clear day.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by souls

I don't want to go OT here.. but in regard to the SOHO link..what is the large bright object that seems pretty massive at 3 oclock right of center in this pic? Anyone?
(see link below)

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Is there any particular reason (that I've missed) why this information isn't being considered?

fdsys.gpo.gov...

It was posted on page 2 by IAttackPeople.

Someone on another board found this:

fdsys.gpo.gov...

SUMMARY: The Coast Guard is establishing a safety zone on the navigable
waters of the Northwest Harbor of San Clemente Island in support of the
Naval Underwater Detonation. ...

DATES: This rule is effective in the CFR on December 1, 2009. This rule
is effective with actual notice for purposes of enforcement on December
1, 2009 through January 31, 2010

The Navy will be conducting intermittent training involving the
detonation of military grade explosives underwater throughout December
2009 and January 2010

"No military activity" indeed.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
maybe the military is developing a large air canon.
got to see, hear, and feel one at a Survival Research Labs showing once. pretty impressive. shook houses HARD. (they had to board up the windows before the show)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
By definition any energetic boom is a sonic boom whether caused by a plane or meteorite or lightening or explosion.

Shortly after 9/11 two planes were scrambled from a base in Wisconsin to O'Hare, flying at low altitude they shook my house quite profoundly and it was widely felt in my area. So a plane's sonic boom can shake a house. I have had thunder set my car alarm off for what it's worth.The right bolt of lightening can be heard for miles too.

Working Outside a lot in my life you hear booms all the time. After seeing a meteorite in broad daylight I just figured that large meteorites could cause a boom. I heard later on the news a meteorite hit a car in Indiana that day. So that is possible. I always thought the atmosphere should be monitored for these sounds for scientific reasons. If radar is done then this could be too.

A neigbor of mine was in the fireworks business and he had some 16 inch shells that woke babies up miles away. Great fun, but pushing the limits.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
The military is getting way to much credit.

Let's just wait and see, I have a gut feeling will be seeing, feeling and hearing more of these very shortly.

I had one happen to me about 8 months ago and it shook me to the core.

Been around sonic booms all my life, this doesn't compare at all folks.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
The military is getting way to much credit.

Let's just wait and see, I have a gut feeling will be seeing, feeling and hearing more of these very shortly.

I had one happen to me about 8 months ago and it shook me to the core.

Been around sonic booms all my life, this doesn't compare at all folks.

So what are you thinking it is? Cloaked UFO's entering the atmosphere? This has been happening for awhile in San Diego. And it's location is far out at sea. I still think it's military of some type.

Some type of hypersonic aircraft could be performing manuevers at low altitude far out at sea. Hell it could be over land and we may not see it. I know active camoflage has been played with for awhile now. The aircraft could be transmitting the sky above to the skin on the bottom of the plane.

I watched the video of the F14 breaking the sound barrier and I don't know why it looks so boring. I've had an F14 break the sound barrier right over the carrier I was on many times and it would shake everything. Off topic, my favorite time witnessing this was in the Indian Ocean. We brought on some of India's brass and they were out on the waist watching the airshow. An F18 was flying by slow at a high angle of attack to distract the crowd. Then an F14 would scream over and break the sound barrier right over the ship. Those Indian officers were jumping around like they had fire ants in their pants.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think the earth is getting ready to grow again. I believe it grows to accommodate it's inhabitants.

When it's time for the mantle to stretch again (right about the time we hit 7 billion) the earth is going to enlarge and much of the coastline, from being stretched will meet the drink and those Sierras of my birth will be the new valleys of Arizonevada

Maynard says it best with Bill Hicks line....."See you down in Arizona Bay..."

Hopefully Laird Hamilton will be out at Cortes Bank when it happens. THEN, he will ride the biggest wave ever seen all the way to the Denver Airport.

Peace

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
It happened right in the area of Camp Pendleton and San Clemente Island. Two huge west coast military spots. Coincidence? Hmmm

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread, so I apologize if my post is a bit redundant.

I was sitting in the office when this happened. I work directly south of MCAS Miramar, we routinely have jets circling the area above my office for a good portion of the day, every day. When it happened, everybody just kind of stopped. We all said "whoa, what was that?" but knew it couldn't have been an earthquake because the picture frames didn't rattle on the walls like they usually do.

My first instinct was a military craft of some sort. I haven't really noticed any unusual activity at the air base though. The only peculiar thing would be some low flying older aircraft (bombers, maybe?) that have been soaring around this past week besides the usual jets. Also, when I was driving down Kearny Villa Road from Miramar Rd. to Clairemont Mesa Blvd, I saw a private jet landing at the MCAS. I saw that land on Monday, but I don't think it's related to any of this...figured I would mention it though to give the best recollection of the past few days in this area.

Anyway, it definitely did not feel like an earthquake. It almost felt like all the air was all of a sudden sucked out of our building through the cracks in the doors and the ventilation. I swear I saw the ceiling tiles pop up a little when it occurred. The sound was like a loud "pop". It lasted for only a second but it was enough to send my boss running out to the production floor to check on everything, as we have some pretty powerful tools and equipment that could have exploded.

I figured I would share my experience with everybody after seeing a thread about it on ATS! I thought about posting a thread yesterday, but didn't because I thought "nawww, nobody would be discussing THIS on ATS" haha. Local media has mentioned it, and some coworkers and I discussed it today, but other than that I think it's not something San Diegans are getting hung up about.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

That website is awesome, but could you imagine how boring it would be to run a site dedicated to a sound that occured once in history?

*(BANG)*

a sound that has happened once in history is what our entire physics is based off of

Who knows...

another universe just born...?

everything you need is in our oceans right

water, matter/energy, life, chemical process, heat, mass...and so on

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just read the poster above me...

thats pretty kickass

so you had an actual physical interaction along with the sound, as far as feeling the air shift and seeing tiles move

------------------------------------

The END is coming...I have seen it in the WEST

[edit on 23-12-2009 by daddymax]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I live in east lake chula vista and work in San ysidro. Were were about 25 people in a room getting detailed on the operation of the day when around 4:00 pm we all felt, a big noise coming from the ceiling? I'm originally from NY, and living in those apartments we get big noises all the time from the floor above us. In this room there is no floor above us, but I didn't make anything of the noise until today that I read this article.

The "noise" was so intense that the person giving the details of the operations of the day fell silent, and we all looked towards the ceiling. The guy said "ok, what was that all about"? referring to the noise. I haven't been back to work so I don't know if they mentioned anything about it the next day or so.

Just wanted to put in my 2 cents!

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
The most recent test of the BAE systems ship mounted railgun in 2008 was at a velocity of 2,520 m/s. The penetrators traveled at hypersonic speeds.

The next goal was to have it reach over 5,800 m/s which would have the hypervelocity penetrators traveling beyond hypersonic speeds at what is known as "high hypersonic".

The penetrators are designed to have a range of 200 miles and potentially skim the earth's atmosphere.

BAE SYSTEMS AWARDED NAVY CONTRACT FOR ELECTROMAGNETIC RAILGUN

16 Feb 2009 | Ref. 026/2009
MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota – BAE Systems has been awarded a $21 million contract from the Office of Naval Research (ONR) to develop an advanced Electromagnetic (EM) Railgun for the U.S. Navy. The 30-month contract is for the detailed design and delivery of an Innovative Naval Prototype (INP) Railgun.

www.baesystems.com...

US Navy Producing Scaled-Down Rail Gun Naval Weapon

April 15/09: General Atomics in San Diego, CA received $22.1 million for a cost plus fixed fee task order under a previously awarded contract (N00014-06-D-0056, #0005) for technology development and design of an EM Rail Gun. The firm is also he main contractor for the Navy’s EMALS electro-magnetic catapult for aircraft carriers, which uses similar principles to a different end.

Work will be performed in San Diego, CA, and is expected to be complete in February 2012.The contract was competitively procured under Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) 05-003 by the Office of Naval Research in Arlington, VA.

www.defenseindustrydaily.com...

[edit on 23/12/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Hot and cold? What?

It was an air quake. I conjecture that air will and can support certain types of energy vibrations and at a specific frequency there will be shaking.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Since when does a fool who isn't LIVING IN SAN DIEGO who WASN'T THERE have the audacity to act like you know anything at all?

You are discredited. I was there, I felt it, you have no idea what you are discussing, and it wasn't a sonic boom. Just vibrations for barely a few moments.

I am a first hand eye witness and you don't know.

Be quiet, and read some more.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join