It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Sound wave" from Ocean Shakes San Diego Town

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

"Sound wave" from Ocean Shakes San Diego Town

www.signonsandiego.com

mysterious boom that rattled buildings was reported Monday afternoon from as far north as Poway to as far south as Chula Vista, authorities said.

Calls began pouring in to 911 dispatch centers about 4 p.m., with people asking if there had been a massive explosion or if an earthquake had struck, said Maurice Luque, spokesman for the San Diego Fire-Rescue Department.

Neither was the case.

The disturbance was so intense in some areas that firefighters at a station in Clairemont evacuated the building and moved the fire engines out of the garage, thinking it was an earthquake, Luque said
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I admit i have not read up on these "booms" but i have seen alot of threads on ATS dealing with this subject matter. Once i saw it i knew it would be of interest to some parties on here.

Of course the standard "area used for military training" and "no excercises in that area" were used. Perhaps some new weapon was tested out in the waters, but with no visible explosion and no audible sound one must be curious. Although underwater testing would cover up both those flags.

I admit when i read it the first thing that came to mind was "the bloop" that was recorded many years ago. Link here:

en.wikipedia.org...

That story captivates me and is a good read for all unaware, no-one has anyidea what it was but it was audible. Could San Diego have been blooped??

www.signonsandiego.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
that's incredibly fascinating, i'ld heard of the hum phenomenon but i've never heard of anything like this.

i have no ideas as to what it might be, but i'm glad it happened, the fact that the earth still holds utterly puzzling mysteries is very reassuring.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Agreed!!! I enjoy that it came from the Ocean the domain of the mysterious, sure people will say it was obviously a new sound wave military dveice (isnt that crazy when people claim completely new phenomena as clearly one simple explanation?) but with the limited knowledge we have of the ocean it could be something completely un-expected. Maybe even something boring and benine like a tectonic shift, but there is always the possibility for the amazing.
Thats why i find the ocean and this so fascinating because we know so little, its such an unchartered eco-system. We are headed for Mars as a species and I for one think we should try and head for the bottoms of the oceans ( i am aware we down into Marianna's trench but that was YEARS ago and only once, thats not explored).

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Hack28]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

I'm right in between Poway and Chula Vista. I didn't feel or hear a thing. I wonder what it was?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Seriously??
Have you heard anything from your local outlets? or people talking?
Can you exlain the types of military excercises that happen out in that area? Are there explosives used? How are you today ?
(felt if i was gonna berate you with questions might as well see how your day is.)

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This site has info of the original "BlooP"

www.bloopwatch.org...

I wonder if the new "sound" was captured?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

That website is awesome, but could you imagine how boring it would be to run a site dedicated to a sound that occured once in history? Actually scratch that it wouldnt be boring it would be alot of anticipation, like searching for Alien communication. Once they get another id wanna be at the party.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28

Seriously??
Have you heard anything from your local outlets? or people talking?
Can you exlain the types of military excercises that happen out in that area? Are there explosives used? How are you today ?
(felt if i was gonna berate you with questions might as well see how your day is.)

No worries friend, I'm great today, thank you for asking.

I haven't heard anything local, but then again I don't watch t.v.. The only thing I've heard about is a coast guard boat ran over some people in a smaller boat and killed someone.

That is the only news I've heard as of late.

Possibilities very well be military.

I see weird stuff all the time down here. I've seen a few UFO's, even right over the city. Most likely military.

San Diego is a Naval Port, then Miramar Air base, plus camp Pendleton a huge Marine base is in oceanside. We have every military contractor in the world with an office in San Diego, 3Com, Northrup Gruman, Boeing, McDonald Douglas, Nasa....the list goes on and on.

I would say what ever it was was probably military, but I'll stick my ears up and see what I can find....

till then.

Peace

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Thanks appreciate that!!
Even if this "boom" was military can you imagine a sound wave traveling an estimated 120 miles and still shaking buildings? Thats a hell of an instrument of death, or possibly defence. Come to think of it the US said theyd be running drills to simulate an attack on its coasts, specifically from Iran. Im not sure if Iran would go East coast or West coast but a wave of that magnitude could surely disrupt a Missile.
I also saw on a Discovery channel show last night that a Nuclear bomb coated in Cobalt would destroy all life on earth. This is well withing our technical reach but the reasoning for not worrying about it is because they theorize no-one is crazy enough ti kill all living things because whats the point?
I dunno about you but that logic doesnt craddle me to sleep.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Sorry , I was being a jerk. Thanks for the post guys.

I'm willing to bet it was military. It's the most logical explanation.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by Protostellar]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ypu said 120 miles of the coast? You may be wondering why im asking but i was recently looking at "johnston Island" not far from Hawaii, theres nothing from their news channels that i see so far besides a water spout and barrak`s visit. Although apparently major players were supposedly have met ET`s on johnston island in november

Good post tho

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The original "bloop" was traced to an underground mountain not thought to be active. I think this sound is natural rather than man made. But a differnt frequency to that of normal earth quakes, volcano's etc.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I live a few miles east of Downtown San Diego. I did not hear or feel any booms or explosions, but then again I don't think I was paying attention around that time. I was getting ready to do some exercise. When you live in San Diego, you get used to all of the military activity around the city. Just yesterday actually, a fighter jet flew above where I live. Regardless, I know several people, family and friends, who have seen strange things in the sky that were obviously not military aircraft, including myself. Some even in the area around Camp Pendleton. Once in while, even as far as National City and east of that, you can hear the engine of the jets from Coronado taking off. And that is a distance of over 7 miles. Let me tell you, it sounds like a space ship taking off, very loud for being so far away. Interesting part of this article is the mentioning that the sound wave originated from an area where the military does training. This could just be an unacknowledged exercise. The only other thing I can hear from my house is the rounds being fired by police training not too far from my house in the police station by Home Avenue.

*changed here to hear*

[edit on 22-12-2009 by souls]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Anything to do with the recent solar activity

Latest Alert: Dec 22 0533 UTC ALERT: Type II Radio Emission Link

Seems the sun is waking up a little.

Latest SOHO images

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by enca78
Ypu said 120 miles of the coast? You may be wondering why im asking but i was recently looking at "johnston Island" not far from Hawaii, theres nothing from their news channels that i see so far besides a water spout and barrak`s visit. Although apparently major players were supposedly have met ET`s on johnston island in november

Good post tho

That is cool, its like the end of a movie where humans meet with the aliens and afterwards they take off in their ship. Its than shows the town rumbling from the take off. Than the next day one of the people who met the aliens would be watching the news and they would come on and say "a suspected military drill caused the loud sonic boom" and he would bust a koi smile, sip his coffee, and fade to black end of movie!!
hahaha
seriously though thats a pretty cool coincidence i had not heard of.

@Algebra
i had not heard about the bloop and this underwater mountain have you got a link? sounds interesting

@Souls
Sounds like you live in an enteratining area, i would love to be anle to watch military drills. That being said im sure you got bored of the gunshots in a week, nothing like a BBQ with friends and than you thinking you under attack. Is anything being mentioned in your local news outlets about the "boom"?

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamNow
Anything to do with the recent solar activity

Latest Alert: Dec 22 0533 UTC ALERT: Type II Radio Emission Link

Seems the sun is waking up a little.

Latest SOHO images

Thats an interesting theory, i had also seen that the sun spots have returned after a long absence, perhaps they are reacting withing our atmosphere in some way.
great idea!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think the most likely explanation is fighter jets out at Sea on Sortee's or simply doing training, and the Sonic boom reverberated from a Inversion Layer and tjis carried it further towards the coast than it usually would do on normal days.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Off the Cali coast perhaps huh?

I wonder what a Nuclear sub going boom under the water would do.

Or perhaps deep in a mine shaft.. ya know.. or deep in a fault line.

Someone HAD to be recording video if this is real as large an area is said to be affected.. if true... someone caught it.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Unfortunately, I rarely sit down and watch T.V. so I'm not sure if it was mentioned on the news. If it was, it is like most things. "A loud sonic boom disturbed residents...now for the real news, firemen rescued a kitty cat from a tree. Awwwww" Gunshots are common in my area, to tell you the truth, some just go unnoticed, or just ignored. The area that sees most of the military activity is Miramar, and even in downtown San Diego. Once in a while at the harbor, you can see them brandishing that real cool stealth boat they have, and some awesome hovercraft. Now that you mention it, it may seem kind of exciting, but you just get used to all of the jets flying over, the military choppers circling around, the paratroopers doing their thing, and even the gunshots and the sound of "spaceships" taking off.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join