It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Six Discussion...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What We Know About Season Six…

Season Premier

Season Six will begin airing in the United States with a special all-night event on Tuesday, February 2, 2010. There will be a recap special from 8:00-9:00 p.m., ET, which will be followed by the two-hour premiere from 9:00-11:00 p.m.

The Episodes

Episode 6.01 / 6.02
Title: "LA X."

Episode 6.03
Title: "What Kate Does."

Episode 6.04
Title: "The Substitute."

Episode 6.05
Title: "Lighthouse."

Episode 6.06
Title: "Sundown."

Episode 6.07
Title: "Dr. Linus."

Episode 6.08
Title: "Recon."

Episode 6.09
Title: "Ab Aeterno."

General Season Six Information

Although the original, pre 2007-2008 Writers Guild of America strike, plan was to have Seasons Four, Five, and Six each last sixteen episodes, for a total of 48 final episodes, the length of Season Four was reduced, because of the aforementioned strike, from the original sixteen episodes to fourteen episodes. To make up for the loss of two episodes, Seasons Five was composed of seventeen episodes, and Season Six will be composed of seventeen episodes (technically it will be 18, if you count the two-hour season finale as two episodes), which will keep the total of 48 final episodes.

The final season will answer many old mysteries of the show. This season will not feature time travel nor flashforwards, but something entirely different. This will be the first and only season of the show to not have official promotional material like sneak peeks or promotional pictures for future episodes because the producers consider any single frame from the first few episodes to be too revealing.

Confirmed Stars

- Naveen Andrews as Sayid.
    - Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert.
    - Emilie de Ravin as Claire.
    - Michael Emerson as Ben.
    - Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus.
    - Matthew Fox as Jack.
    - Jorge Garcia as Hurley.
    - Josh Holloway as Sawyer.
    - Daniel Dae Kim as Jin.
    - Yunjin Kim as Sun.
    - Ken Leung as Miles.
    - Evangeline Lilly as Kate.
    - Terry O'Quinn as Locke.
    - Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

'Lost' On DVD

The Complete First Season
The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
The Complete Second Season
The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
The Complete Third Season
The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
The Complete Fourth Season
The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
The Complete Fifth Season
The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)

Other 'Lost'-Related Threads

'Lost:' Season Five Discussion...
"Lost"
'Lost:' Season Four Discussion...
'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...
'Lost:' The Game...
'Lost' Literature...
'Lost' Music...
Lost (Discussion on Season One and Season Two)
The Official “The Lost Experience” Thread...
Season Three of 'Lost' Fan-Fiction Adventure!!!
Lost - i dont get.....
LOST...Spoilers??? What's behind it all maybe?
LOST! i got into the Dharma Initiative Site!!! check it out!

'Lost' Sites

LostSeason6.com
Darkufo.blogspot
Lostpedia
Lost-TV
The TailSection
Wikipedia’s 'Lost' Page
SpoilerFix’s 'Lost' Page

Rules On "Spoilers"...

As I had success with this tidbit in my previous threads dedicated to the discussion of 'Lost,' I will also include a familiar section in this thread. I know (from personal experience) that "spoilers" (information that hasn't been aired, but will in the future) ruin the experience of watching the actual show. This is why I have created this little section in this post. If you desire to post a spoiler, please warn the reader that you are about to do so. This way, we can all enjoy 'Lost' in our own way. I know that I personally will not view any spoilers during the show's airing season because I ruined bits of previous seasons for myself. But that's just me. Additionally. the reasoning behind this opening post having so little information, compared to my threads dedicated to the discussions of Seasons Three and Four, is based on me trying to keep this post spoiler-free. I hope all you "Losties" don't mind!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
All, I have to say is I cannot wait for this to start!

I love LOST. IT is my favorite show of all time. I am glad that we will finally get to know what exactly is going on but I am sad because it is coming to an end.

We are in for a good final season it appears.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Can't wait, and thank goodness for the recap show...I just won't find time to actually watch all of last season first....

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Just caught another trailer on ABC for the February 2nd premiere. It's been a long wait and the last month is going to be the toughest yet!

Only 9 episodes this season? Please say that is a mistake! I had hoped for at least 12! lol

Wiki states that it will have 18 episodes! *phew*

[edit on 1-3-2010 by chissler]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Wiki states that it will have 18 episodes! *phew*

[edit on 1-3-2010 by chissler]

Yup, Season Six will be 17/18 episodes long (depending on how you look at it). I just listed the known episodes in the opening post of this thread. As always, this list will be constantly updated, and I will keep us informed by posting any new known episodes here.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It's going to be hard to contain myself on the day of the season premiere.

Last season leading into the season premiere, I was in the process of catching up on the show. And it was well-timed so that it was only a day or two before the premiere that I was caught up. This wait in between finale and premiere has been my first for Lost and it has been painful.

I'm very excited to see how they explain Claire's character over past seasons and the countless unexplained aspects of the show that we're all waiting for.

Is 18 episodes really enough?

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Last season leading into the season premiere, I was in the process of catching up on the show. And it was well-timed so that it was only a day or two before the premiere that I was caught up.

I have Seasons Four and Five on DVD (actually, I have all of them on DVD), but I never watched them yet. I might be confused a bit if I don't rewatch these two seasons.

I'm very excited to see how they explain Claire's character over past seasons and the countless unexplained aspects of the show that we're all waiting for.

Me too!

Is 18 episodes really enough?

Let's hope so! This being the last season hopefully means no filler episodes, so this is a good thing.

[edit on 7-1-2010 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have such a love/hate relationship with this show.

Used to hate it with a passion until an ex sat me down and forced me to watch the whole of season 1, after that I was hooked!
My only issue with it is that if you miss a mere 10 minutes of it then you're pretty much in a constant state of confusion for the rest of the episode. Oh, and the fact that its massively addictive... How they've managed to keep it that interesting for such a long time is beyond me. I'd love to know what the writers of the show are on when they come up with some of those storylines!

Cant wait to see what happened to claire, bound to be some massively complicated explanation, same as always.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I can’t wait either im just massively addicted to this programme and I seriously can’t wait for the last season it’s just going to be immense but it’s so sad that it’s finally ending after all these years.

Does anyone know what the hell is happening with Walt that’s major confusing.

:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I cant waiiiiiiit ,no seriously its messed up,I cross out the days that come and go,its only 20 days left to season 6.I LOVE the series ,I never gave up on it,even though they did kill my favorite character,which is Locke

.I have to believe that he will be back, as himself.not the crazy evil jacob nemessis haha,o but i have no idea what I will do after lost ends, it has been a great show,its more than a show for me, its my obsession,Im gonna go in a long term depression after it.....

.ANYWAY,COUNTING DOWN TO THE SEASON FINALE

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I like to keep stats on where my and other BTSers' 'Lost' threads stand in relation to other threads. Here they are:

The Top Five Threads in the "Television" Forum with the Most Replies

1.) 'Lost:' Season Three Discussion... (1307 replies)
2.) Heroes (Season One) (634 replies)
3.) Lost (364 replies)
4.) 'Lost:' Season Five Discussion... (266 replies)
5.) The Simpsons Trivia! (198 replies)

(And because I feel bad for my Season Four thread)

6.) Prison break (Official BTS Discussion on the Hit T.V. Show) (191 replies)
7.) 80's cartoons - did they have/leave an impact on YOU?? (157 replies)
8.) American Idol 2009 (149 replies)
9.) Whatever Happened To The Mind-Opening Cartoons I Used To Watch As A Kid!??!! (126 replies)
10.) 'Lost:' Season Four Discussion... (99 replies)

The Top Five Threads in the "Television" Forum with the Most Flags

1.) Whatever Happened To The Mind-Opening Cartoons I Used To Watch As A Kid!??!! (23 flags)
2.) 'Lost:' Season Three Discussion... (19 flags)
3.) UFO attack on Holland ? (15 flags)
4.) More SNL truth (11 flags) / 80's cartoons - did they have/leave an impact on YOU?? (11 flags) / Heroes (Season One) (11 flags)
5.) 'Lost:' Season Five Discussion... (8 flags)

Thanks to everyone who has made 'Lost' very successful in BTS' "Television" Forum, both in terms of amount of replies and amount of flags!

[edit on 13-1-2010 by they see ALL]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
When I went to bed last night the Space network was airing some episodes from season 5. It was the episode when they first meet Faraday's mother in hopes of returning to the island.

My patience is running out.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

My patience is running out.

Just wait a little while longer! It's almost here! Here in the States, the Syfy Channel and I think even ABC play repeats occasionally.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The following is an updated episode list. I will start with episode five, since it is where this spoiler site starts to list the centrics for some of the episodes. Also, the title for episode five is "The Lighthouse," and not "Lighthouse," as I reported in the first post of this thread. I must have made a typo.

Episode 6.05
Title: "The Lighthouse."
Centric: Jack.

Episode 6.06
Title: "Sundown."
Centric: Sayid.

Episode 6.07
Title: "Dr. Linus."
Centric: Ben.

Episode 6.08
Title: "Recon."

Episode 6.09
Title: "Ab Aeterno."

Episode 6.10
Title: "The Package."
Centric: Jin/Sun.

Episode 6.11
Title: "Happily Ever After."
Centric: Desmond.

Episode 6.12
Title: "Everybody Loves Hugo."
Centric: Hurley.

Feel free to look deeper in that site for the other centrics if you'd like. I will not for fear of spoiling details for myself.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm a big fan of Lostpedia, but only after watching the latest episode... Some great info/speculation there.... Still can't wait for the new season... C'mon already! Just a week to go!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
just a week left for the BIG finaly
I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!
Its worse when its so close.I feel like goin into a coma and wakin up in 7 days ,oh if only that could work

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Season 5 finale was on last night. I recorded it and am watching it now. It's got a bar at the bottom of the screen giving random details as it goes which is only fueling my need for season six to begin!

Anyone watch last night?

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Anyone watch last night?

No, but I am, however, re-watching Season Five since I have the DVDs.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

I'm in the process of picking up seasons 1-5. I had waited for awhile but with the Space channel running reruns and with ABC airing that season finale this past week, I've realized that I need my own dose of Lost on hand for whenever I need it.

I won't power through them all in a day but I'll start from the beginning and just casually watch them through in order when I have the time.

Tuesday... it still seems so far away.

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Tuesday... it still seems so far away.

Here's something to pass the time: Is This the First New Lost Still?. (A bit spoilerish.)

Oh, you tricky Lost producers. Telling us we won't see new footage from Season 6 until the premiere on February 2. I'm wagging my finger at you.

The latest promotional video hyping the new season starts off like all the rest, only backwards. Old footage is rewound (John Locke falling out of a building, the plane unexploding), further enforcing the "reset timeline" theory, but there's one nanosecond of footage that's a real treasure.

I'm not going to go on quoting the article nor will I say what the article is discussing since I do not want to spoil it for you all.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join