It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the BVM ever spank Jesus for being a norty boy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Explanation: I read your post and I agree that is what your belief is!

Therefor I'd like to ask you as well "How does that opinion gel with the bibles claim that he was perfect?"

Personal Disclosure: Again I'd like to remind all members that this thread is really not whether Jesus was perfect or not, but whether, Jesus's perfection, in congruence with what the bible claims, Validiates the Bibles Canonical Authority and yet also shows that Jesus has no VALID concept of SPECIFICS and therefor will make a poor judge of mankind. OR if Jesus is imperfect and NOT in congruence with what the bible claims, then this Invalidates the Bibles Canonical Authority and furthermore "what would Invalidation this mean for us all consequentially in the here and now?"

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
OP , you have missed the point .

Jesus had the POWER of God .

When He returns , [and he's back ! ,by the way]

He will be whipping YOUR collective asses - NOAH style !...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I think Jesus would have been spanked for any wrong doings that any child would have done & still does in modern times. He might of even threw rocks on top of people roofs

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

Explanation: Oh REALLY! See Here....

Gen 8:20 And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar.

Gen 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart [is] evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

Gen 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Source [blueletterbible.org]

Note: I use the KJV but I am willing to use any version of your choice. Please don't argue the KJV's authenticity as I am quite well aware of its tainted reputation OK.

Personal Disclosure: Seem's to me that Amageddon [a Global Critical Catastophic Event] will make God break his promise to Noah huh?!

P.S. I fully recommend you make a thread entitled "Jesus has entered the atmosphere" or something along similar lines, and disclose his whereabouts etc. I assure you that I would be very interested in reading what you have to say on that issue and posting my replies.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sth Hemisphere

Explanation: St*r for you!

Since you believe Jesus may have been spanked for being a norty boy, does that alter any POV you may have already held about the bible's canonical authority? If so, then how? If not, then why not?

Personal Disclosure:
I love your Avatar and logon Name. Very cool.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

The new covenant with Noah was conditional on mankind changing his/her evil ways . Things only got WORSE !

... Let's ask Barack Obama , how he tried to have Jesus arrested in 2003 , to no avail ?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Therefor I'd like to ask you as well "How does that opinion gel with the bibles claim that he was perfect?"

Would you please SHOW ME where in the Bible is the claim that Jesus is perfect?

This seems to be eating a hole through your head, but it's not rocket science. (But I do know what you need)

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection
What about the stories of Jesus killing his friend and then bringing him back to life?

If I remember right, he pushed him off the top of a roof and then when he was scolded for doing so, he brought the dead boy back to life.

I have read the Bible and I don't recall this story.. where did you get it?
~~~~~~~~~~~

While we are on the subject of being perfect...

What gets me about this whole Jesus being perfect is I do not think the Bible ever said he was perfect. At least not in the since of the word perfect as we use it today in English. The Bible says he was without sin. (correct me if I am wrong)

The sin Jesus would have been without are defined in Jewish law. If he didn't break the Jewish law then he was without sin.

Also, some people think that Mary had to have been perfect also for her to have a son Jesus that was perfect. I do not believe the Bible teaches this about Mary. If Mary was perfect, then her parents would have had to be perfect and their parents would have had to be perfect and so on. But the Catholics who believe this never talk about this.. why is that?

The Bible tells us that John the baptist was born with the Holy Ghost and that the Holy Ghost was with him even in the womb. John the baptist had the Holy Ghost with him all of his life. Would you think then that He would have had to have been perfect also?

OP: How would anything show that "Jesus has no VALID concept of SPECIFICS" ? Jesus did not write any of the bible himself. To ask if it is canon is only to ask if it is adopted by man as the authorized books. What you should be asking instead is if the Bible is Gods inspired word. -

I believe the Bible Can be Gods inspired word and yet still contain some inaccuracy due to errors of man in the writing and subsequent translation over the years.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
That's from the Book of St. Thomas, but it's not an official book of the Bible. LOL

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you Omega for that
Yours is great too
in reply-
He was born a human & every human has faults .

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Explanation: The Apostle John claims in his book that Jesus himself claimed the following....

Source [blueletterbible.org]

Jhn 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

Jhn 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear [them] not, because ye are not of God.

And I'm quite fine to use it as evidence of his claimed "perfectness" or "sinlessness" [and Yes I'm quite fine for Jesus to be considered perfect due to his sinlessness under ancient Jewish Law, as suggested by JohnPheonix OK!]. A rose by any other name, is but just as sweet!

Personal Disclosure: It is not eating a hole in my head as much as the lack of posts to my 2nd most recent thread is. :shk: Sigh!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I think some pretty miraculous stuff happened when Mary was knocked up. She received an angelic visit, okay. I think it's safe to say she was pregnant as soon as the first contact. So there were already two divine forces working this girl — an angel sent to convey a message, as well as the direct implant of God's seed.

I think Mary was divine herself — I mean, she had to be with this miraculous singularity in her uterus. If she wasn't divine before, she became divine, and I think some divinity even rubbed off on Joseph, her husband. He had angelic visitations, as well.

As divine parents — in touch with God Almighty — I think Mary and Joseph were well-prepared for the shenanigans of their Messiah-child.

Swat that baby's butt wit a bolt uh lightnin' — Yowsa!

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Explanation: St*r for you! Awesome Question! Extremely valid IMO!

Re: "How would anything show that "Jesus has no VALID concept of SPECIFICS" ?".

If Jesus was imperfect [i.e. with sin!], that INSTANTLY kyboshes his ability to claim any kind of deity greater than a demi god! [I'm a theist of the Hellenistic variety and well know the Ancient Greek demi gods were often faulty and or at fault from a positive moralistic POV!] And if you are not the whole of God [Totality, Omnipresent and Immanent!] then you are not IMO validly able to claim Omniscience and that is the minimum EXISTENTIAL requirement to be able to claim to know ALL the specifics. Otherwise somebody is going to have to show me EXPLICITLY how an infinite amount of info can be stored and utilized WITHIN the confines of an EXISTENTIALLY limited deity!

Personal Disclosure: Hmmm is that the "transcendence" argument I hear being pulled from its theological holster?
Because if it is, then I'll dispose of that via this quickdraw Mcgraw Dr Phil like response. If Jesus was going to transcend existence then he will literally end up NOWHERE! And without PRESENCE he would have NOTHING TO WORK WITH! :shk:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I doubt it. She, and Jesus, are mythological characters. So any reality, is unlikely to have occurred.

In the myth of Christianity however, there are no allusions to Jesus ever raising any hell, IIRC.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

There's more evidence of the existence of Christ and Mary than there is of Avatar, but I bet you're going to spend money watching that movie, aren't you? HA! So you will buy pure myth, but not partially-substantiated Truth.

What a cluster of hippo-knuckles.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Explanation: Everybody I know at one point has been diciplined by their mum and this made me consider that it was and is an important part of "growing up human" and then I thought of Jesus!

If the answer to the threads question "Did the BVM ever spank Jesus for being a norty boy?" is a clear and resounding NO!, then does that directly imply that the bibles claim that "Hbr 4:15 [edit on 21-12-2009 by OmegaLogos]

Did Mary spank Jesus? We will never know. Did she chastise him? Yep. Look in the Gospel of Thomas where JC got pissed at another kid and KILLED HIM.

Mary (ever the jewish mother) says "Jesus, resurrect that child and dont do it again!"

[edit on 21-12-2009 by felonius]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   

reply to post by TaraLou

Explanation: It would prove that he wasn't perfect! It is just that SIMPLE!

Conversely, if she didn't spank him, then the bibles claim that Jesus was a man like us and suffered the same things we did/do [making him an appropriate judge of humanity] is then FALSE!

Personal Disclosure: Either Jesus was norty and an imperfect human or he was perfect and therefor has no valid concept of what it is like to want to kill your mum for her spanking your bum, which would then make the scripture I quoted above a FALSE SCRIPTURE!

Norty? First I ever heard that weird word, but I understand you mean naughty.

Jesus was without sin; that does not mean he didn't do what boys do, like wander off into countryside to explore, stuff like that. Mary his mom was not perfect, thus, she may have tanned his butt once in awhile, just to let Him know that she was still MOMMA.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Explanation: One of my 1st threads posted to ATS on the BTS side of the website in the Religion, Faith, And Theology forum, was on the BVM and her heavenly duties etc. and I recommend you check it out!

www.belowtopsecret.com... [Note: BTS thread. You may need to login to BTS 1st etc. for the best veiwing pleasure OK.]

Personal Disclosure: And that reminds me to also revisit it and maybe polish it up a bit.

P.S. I hope you are not including me amongst the cluster of hippo-knuckles?! I hate Avatar [mainly because it makes me confuse threads on ATS avatars and the freaking
movie :shk:
] and I wouldn't even spend defunct $USD on that trash!
If I even get remotely interested I'll wait till a mate "aquires" it or till it gets to free to air TV.
Mind you I love Hippo's so I'm not insulted by the terminology, just by the demographic that you are associating that terminology with OK.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by Detailed Perfection
What about the stories of Jesus killing his friend and then bringing him back to life?

If I remember right, he pushed him off the top of a roof and then when he was scolded for doing so, he brought the dead boy back to life.

I have read the Bible and I don't recall this story.. where did you get it?
[edit on 21-12-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

I think it was discussed on the History Channel. A series called 'Banned From The Bible' where they discuss Gospels that were purposely left out of the "official" Bible because of their content.

I'm not arguing that Jesus may or may not have been perfect. My question is, What defines perfection? What defines sin?

If sin means breaking 1 of the 10 commandments given to Moses .. Then by definition, the constitution of perfection would be to live life without sin.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
reply to post by DocEmrick

There's more evidence of the existence of Christ and Mary than there is of Avatar, but I bet you're going to spend money watching that movie, aren't you? HA! So you will buy pure myth, but not partially-substantiated Truth.

What a cluster of hippo-knuckles.

— Doc Velocity

Quite the opposite. I don't frequent American media viewings, nor do I watch American (or any) television, save for some hockey games. I have heard evidence of a Christ-like spiritual figure, but I've never heard evidence of a woman's miraculous birth of a baby named Jesus.

Joseph was a prototype of Jesus, both descended from Egyptian mythology, namely the god Horus.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join