It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the BVM ever spank Jesus for being a norty boy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation: Everybody I know at one point has been diciplined by their mum and this made me consider that it was and is an important part of "growing up human" and then I thought of Jesus!

If the answer to the threads question "Did the BVM ever spank Jesus for being a norty boy?" is a clear and resounding NO!, then does that directly imply that the bibles claim that "Hbr 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin." is really invalid?

What are the consequences for the modern world if the answer is a clear and resounding YES?

Personal Disclosure: I am a theist, but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I'm am also an Ex-Jehovah's Witness. All my known biases are now full disclaimed OK!

Please edit spelling.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Explanation: Cool! St*r for you.

So then "How does that opinion gel with the bibles claim that he was perfect?". Does it? Or Doesn't it? It is that SIMPLE!

Personal Disclosure: It is quite clear from reading your post that you already believe the bible is fallible and I'm just confirming this with my latest question OK! Thanks.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Uhh... I doubt it since she knew who her son was. If she did, she did so out of ignorance to his cry. The fact that Jesus made sense of the world around him with spiritual truths not taught to him is testament in itself of his ethereal origin. He did not see tax collectors, prostitutes and roman guards, he saw souls. He told everyone how it is, but only a few think see the abstract truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Jesus is perfect - but He came to do prison time with the crap human race.

During which time He behaved like a human.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

so god purposely made imperfect people? Sounds kinds %^&*ish to me eh?

Im sure glad yor the screwed up one though and god made me better than you. (see how bad your own logic could get) Now i will send you to an enternal hell were demons will rip out the nipple percings that are complimentary in HELL!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Proof that Jesus was a naughty boy!

IRM

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Sorry, wrong.

Jesus lived as a man, therefore He knows what it is like, therefore He can judge you.

He is quite nice tho.

If Jesus is God as claimed by the bible and he is also imperfect as per your opinion, then, would that not make God imperfect at some level and therefor give me a real good reason to not accept him as a VALID judge! If God is imperfect, then why should I submit to that authority as is claimed by the bible? To do so would be foolish IMO!

Personal Disclosure: Either way I win. If Jesus is/was perfect then he has no concept, therefor invalidating the bibles claim he can legitimately judge me because he understands, and if he is imperfect, then I shouldn't wisely allow him to judge me either as the bibles claims he is perfect.

P.S. Yep! I've already won. I'm just convincing you that this IS SO!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

If you really read into the teachings of Jesus (i.e sermon on the mount) you'll see that everything else is just ancient mythology and antiquated opinion. I think the bible is a weapon. Bad people read it and become hypocrites and zealots and good people read it and actually learn something. Is it fallible? absolutely, if all you do is read one verse.
In the end you wade through a lot of mythologized history and then you come to the Jesus story and then it's off to opinion and a bit of prophecy.
Think what you will after that.
I don't think the bible was meant to be infallible. I think it was a weapon. A weapon given to the enemy with timed explosive in it. Anyone who uses it to justify anything that Jesus preached against is exposed.
"This child is destined to be the cause of the rise and fall of many in Israel and to be a sign that is contradicted so that the hearts and minds of many shall be revealed."

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

We know nothing.

You sent me to Hell, I return the favour.

I CANNOT BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE AS HOPRRIBLE AS YOU.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Oh but he can validly judge you...just because he didn't suffer a spanking as a child doesn't mean he didn't live a life of flesh....

Have you ever been whipped with a cat of nine-tails? Jesus felt pain...Jesus felt suffering...Jesus felt joy...Jesus felt heartache...

Spanking is a form of "punishment" given by the hands of men....SO IS A CRUCIFIXION...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Thanks

Yes the Bible is fallible. It's a manmade document written and compiled over the course of thousands of years so it's safe to say the kernels of truth beneath the myth are worn by time. However I'm sure there are kernels of truth there to be found and many of the proverbs are timeless.

The Bible reminds me a lot of a "Based on a True Story" type of movie (ie 300, Troy, Saving Private Ryan, Braveheart). It's loosely based on historical facts and figures but with each retelling new embellishments, elements and characters are added/altered. The supernatural elements the equivalent of the special effects. Slowly but surely the story gets more and more fantastic and back then if a story was fantastic it was probably MORE likely to be believed whereas today that usually works the opposite way.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by R0BCROW75

Explanation:
St*r for you.

Personal Disclosure: Yes and I've come up with a way to diffuse it!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

y

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

Explanation: Yes I would agree that GENERALLY speaking , Jesus, having lived a Human existence, would be able to GENERALLY judge me!

I, however, have a specific beef with my mum which ended up with her fleeing in terror before me, and I believe this specific case would merit some deep personal understanding and experience of possible mitigating circumstances by those who would seek to judge and punish me in some weird existential kind of afterlife!

I also believe that GENERALLY, individual humans have a rather SPECIAL relationship with their mothers and ESPECIALLY when there have been situations to do with discipline! I posit that you can't VALIDLY compare the ROMAN EMPIRE, WITH OUR INDIVIDUAL MUM's WHO GAVE BIRTH TO US!

Personal Disclosure: I can remember hearing my mothers heartbeat from inside the womb! It is the sweetest sound I have ever heard! I bet Jesus never had to try VALIDLY kill the thing responsible for the sweetest sound he ever heard!

Edited for spelling :shk: soz me a
Sigh!

[edit on 21-12-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

OK, Omega

Jesuse came to live in this world as a human being - so He suffered like a human being.

What else do you want me to say?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Explanation: You earned another St*r.

Personal Disclosure:
I fully agree that some of the contents of both the OT and the NT are fantastic and informative! The Bible isn't ALL BAD at all. Like any tool its validity depends on how it is understood and used.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation: It would prove that he wasn't perfect! It is just that SIMPLE!

Um.

I'm not quite clear on your point... Jesus was a Man.

Man, by definition, is imperfect and fallible. Jesus was imperfect and fallible. Jesus was supposed to be God in spirit, but Man in physical body. He was GOD INCARNATE. God wearing the flesh of Man.

There have always been questions about Jesus' humanity — was Jesus a Man? or was Jesus a God? Those questions have been around a long time, and have stirred controversy for ages.

This is what Jesus did — As a member of the Holy Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Ghost), Jesus came to earth and assumed the form of Man.

You might ask WHY? Why did he come to earth??

Well, there's some dispute about that. Traditional theists would say that God the Father gave his only begotten Son... so, God sent Jesus to Earth, and Jesus (as a member of the Holy Trinity) didn't have any say in the matter. That's one way to look at it.

Another more heretical way is to consider that Jesus volunteered for the project. I think God the Father and God the Son may have had different views on the fate of Mankind, so perhaps God the Son decided to go slumming with the Earthlings, for a couple of reasons: To show them that God DOES EXIST and that He CAN manifest as a human if He so desires; but also to demonstrate His love for Mankind to God the Father.

See, I think Jesus was making a point to God. He was saying These people are good and they're worth saving, and I'm willing to become one of them and even let them murder me in their ignorance, and I'll still forgive them for murdering me.

Of course, He knew he was walking into a snake pit, right. He knew he was going to be ridiculed and tortured and murdered.

But He did it just to make a point. To God.

Because Jesus believes in the worthiness of humanity. Even at their worst, they're still worth saving. That's the message of Jesus Christ. Spelled out simply enough for even an atheist.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The Conspiracies in Religion board is my favorite. I am always amazed at how people will go back and forth for pages and pages arguing about a book. Some of the characters are based on real people, but it is still just a work of fiction, and not even written that well. (They really could have done a better job with their history)

To answer the question though, if Jesus had existed then I doubt he would have been spanked as his mother would have been scared of him. He had all these powers, and very little respect for her.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

Explanation: I would encourage you to directly and explicitly answer the question that was last posed to you. RE: "...."How does that opinion gel with the bibles claim that he was perfect?"

STEP BY STEP BREAKDOWN OF THE QUESTION IS AS FOLLOWS....

"How does" and the final symbol ? are Indicators of me asking you a pointed question.

"that opinion [of yours, that Jesus was imperfect]" [Note bracketed additions are my edits for clarity OK] I'll call this variable [Z].

"gel with" I'll call this function "equal" or "match" and I'll give it the symbol =

"the bibles claim that he was perfect" I'll call this variable [V].

This then translates into Does [Z] = [V] ? It is That SIMPLE!

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps you get back on the rails of this thread.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Oh, yeah, thank you for reminding me of the topic... I kind of went off on a tangent for a bit.

Did the Blessed Virgin Mother ever swat Jesus the Messiah....? Hmmm. Oh, hell yeah, I'm sure she did, because Jesus was incorrigible as a child. (according to Thomas).

It goes without saying that, when Mary was chosen as a portal through which God the Son would enter our world, she herself would probably receive some divine powers, right.

I mean, when you agree to have God's baby, there must be a few perks. Your standard mother is not going to be able to contain a kid who can bend time, tear a hole in space, imbue inanimate compounds with Life, hold the Universe in his hand, et cetera.

I bet God gave Mary a really wicked secret weapon to use on Jesus when he got out of line.

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join