It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Right with God or Die

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Originally posted by TaraLou
reply to post by zarp3333

Zarp, when I read your thread title I got the whole body shivers and goose bumps.

That tells me you are correct.

Shivers and goosebumps. I can get shivers watching movie trailers if they're well done. I can goosebumps listening to really awesome music. Or if I'm cold. I worry about humanity when shivers and goosebumps and spooky feelings are taken as evidence that someone is right.

I seriously hope you are joking about this...

shivers and goosebumps are right up there with gut feelings

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333

At the time, I was struggling with an addiction and had come to the inescapable realization that the problem required some kind of spiritual intercession.

So you went from one crutch to another?

I prefer Reality!

IRM

[edit on 21/12/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

I replied, but it went awol.

As I said, I have always known that I am intuitive, even as a child. So when I get the shivers and the goose bumps, that is telling me I am right.

Love your signature - women will be pleased indeed!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
are you kidding me?

where on Earth did OP witness a Mayan ceremony in 1998?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

goosebumos inside or out?

the source inside is not your concience nor is it you that is right. if you feel it inside it is comming from your soul and it's was here before you.

outside is a good way to get fooled.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by notsympl]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

In 1998, I witnessed a spiritual transformation of an american indian take place before my eyes over the course of three months. He went from a down and out drunk with no spiritual path, to a revered holy warrior of the mayan indians.

are you serious?

in 1998?- that's funny

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by notsympl

OK, let me say that when I have felt things about to happen I have had shivers (whole body) and goose bumps - skin, obviously.

So when these things did happen, I knew that my signs were correct.

It is just something that I have experienced all my life.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

So when these things did happen, I knew that my signs were correct.

I don't see what is so unbelievable about Tara's intuitions. I won't
elaborate, but I know what she is saying firat hand.
The hair has stood up on the back of my neck and saved my azz a
couple times at least.I have also been smart enough to key on a
womans intuition a number of times. I have found this to be something
the stereotype of the dumb blonde (no offense) seems to posses
at a higher percentage. Don't ask me why but that is my experience.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

You said:

Organized religion is like government in many respects. With all of the money and power at stake, it is naïve to think it would not come under the control of evil, greedy, power hungry men.

Then:

Go ahead and join a church or temple. Your time is running out.

I have faith. I don't believe I have to go to church to prove it.
Where can you be truly saved? Why does church need to approve you when all is forgiven anyways? How can one devote 100% to a convoluted message, when you aren't even sure what the truth really is?

IMO man should be able to take credit for defeating his own demons.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks, Randy,

I think people who put someone down are people who have never experienced any body type of experience.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Organized monotheism, is one problem, anything goes paganism is another problem just as bad.

To be saved has nothing to do with any specific worldly organization, it has to do with your own personal faith in the One God, and honest search for the truth.

We will be judged based on how much of the truth we know, and whether or not we rejected the measure of truth that we were exposed to.

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no man comes to the Father but by Him.

You have doubtless heard that truth many times. If you reject it you will not have the excuse of some pagan native who lived and died in the Amazon in 758 AD.

That lots of people in organized religion are hypocrites and many use God to manipulate and control for their own benefit does not give you any excuse for denying the truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Chainmaker

When Jesus says "I am the way" what he's saying is that I am the way. The self.

Jesus came to teach people how to live so they would stop waiting around for the Messiah. He wanted them to stop waiting around for a savior who wasn't showing up. Most of what he says is misinterpreted or lost in translation. The supernatural elements muck it all up and turn it into a fairy-tale as opposed to being a practical philosophy on how to live your life. When Jesus says he's the son of God he's talking figuratively about how we ALL are children of God, this is why he teaches them to pray Our Father who art in Heaven and not Jesus's Father.

After reading and rereading the Gospels and then looking at how Modern Christian doctrine has almost NOTHING to do with Jesus's teachings and is more about his blood or death, fire and brimstone rapture armageddon, praying to God like he's a genie who grants wishes, and essentially being a helpless zombie spoon-fed whatever the priest says about God. You are right that it is used for control and so the whole thing should be thrown out as a possibility so search for a true God can begin...

God helps those that help themselves. People should stop waiting around for a magical sky being and do things for themselves. I'm not saying God doesn't exist, he very well might, but that doesn't mean we need to be

afraid of him (as the title of the OP invokes)
Guilty for simple human nature
Subservient to the Christian religion that clearly has little to do with him.
Judged for disbelief (if God really expects to believe the Jesus story and Christian teachings to be true without questioning it than why give us logic and reason in the first place?)

A true God of this vast Universe wouldn't choose one man, one religion, or one book of fairy tales to make himself known and then damn everyone who didn't believe it, that doesn't make a lick of sense...

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

God has presented himself through creation, and he presented himself through ancient Israel and their radical monotheism that opposed and contradicted the sea of polytheistic paganism all around them in every other culture, and then he sent the Messiah he promised.

Jesus VERY clearly claimed to be the Messiah. God has done everything he can for us, and Jesus was tortured and murdered for us, but we want to deny it, because we are selfish and do not want to be humble.

Jesus words are very clear: Salvation is only through him. Salvation is not through us, or our works, it is through faith in Jesus. God does not care whether or not we think its fair that he only provided only one way.

I would say that it makes sense that the One Perfect God would provide One Perfect Way to him.

Everyone who ever lived and will ever live will have their chance to accept or deny Jesus.

Don't make the wrong choice. It's personal, and it has nothing to do with organized religion.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

That's a hell of a statement to make on a subject that has no proof of existence. Sounds like a facist dictatorship statement.

You Will Believe In God Or You Will Die!!!

Sorry mate I don't believe in God. I follow the truth of ZEITGEIST!!

The story of God was put into the minds of the masses as a control tool and after reading your statement I can quite agree with the control tool fact......

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   

No. It's not selfish to deny Jesus's death for our sins when there is no evidence of it. What's selfish is expecting an innocent man to carry your burdens and your sins for you rather than taking responsibility for them. I never understood why Christians are so ready to let Jesus die for them, God forbid they focus on the log in their own eye, no they'd rather throw that log on Jesus, an innocent man.

Also, polytheism was always common for the Israelites. Moses was up on the Mountain getting the 10 commandments and by the time he got back down they were worshiping a calf. Archeological evidence has proved that polytheism was quite common for them. Even Catholics pray to Saints and the Virgin Mary, they have a version of polytheism. Some argue that the Trinity is also polytheistic, even if it isn't it is a very similar idea to polytheism.

You think a perfect God would offer a perfect path for imperfect beings and expect them to follow it? And why is it again that a perfect God created such an imperfect creation? The Bible is far from a perfect path and people's interpretations of the Bible differ so greatly. So where is the perfect path? Where is the straight and narrow? And why would so merciful a God damn any who do not find this obscure path that even most Christians can't find (obviously they can't if there are so many interpretations and denominations)?

Everyone who ever lived and will ever live will have their chance to accept or deny Jesus.

Evidence of this? Where does it say that the native you mentioned in an earlier post will get to accept or deny Jesus after death? Also, Jesus's two commandments are "Love God and Love thy neighbor." and it says

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

Jesus is saying that when you treat someone else according to his teachings you are essentially gaining salvation, in other words it is love and kindness, not blind faith or complex religious beliefs that are important. Jesus was all about saving yourself by loving each other. He was setting an example on how you could become your own Savior, essentially your own Messiah, instead of waiting around under Roman rule for some supernatural Messiah that would never show up. That's the message of Communion that was lost, the message is "The Savior is within you." There is a Savior within us all if we love each other, to put it simply...

I believe that the supernatural parts were added later and only the core teachings were preserved. And in my opinion all the supernatural stuff really detracts from the profound beauty of Jesus's philosophy.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

That's a hell of a statement to make on a subject that has no proof of existence. Sounds like a facist dictatorship statement.

The story of God was put into the minds of the masses as a control tool and after reading your statement I can quite agree with the control tool fact......

There is much historical and political conspiracy truth in Zeitgeist. But then they lie their asses off about Jesus. They lure you in with conspiracy knowledge so they can lie to you. The best lie is one that is mostly truth.

Maybe you should take the Zeitgeist Challenge: win money if you can prove their claims about Jesus.

www.zeitgeistchallenge.com

The creators of Zeitgeist have an agenda, and they are tied to the New Age Theosophist/Luciferians.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Chainmaker]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chainmaker

Originally posted by stevcolx

There is much historical and political conspiracy truth in Zeitgeist. But then they lie their asses off about Jesus. They lure you in with conspiracy knowledge so they can lie to you. The best lie is one that is mostly truth.

Maybe you should take the Zeitgeist Challenge: win money if you can prove their claims about Jesus.

www.zeitgeistchallenge.com

The creators of Zeitgeist have an agenda, and they are tied to the New Age Theosophist/Luciferians.

I see your point but they do have a strong argument. It's more believable than the theory of a God's existence. Actually (excuse the pun) but there is no way in hell that there is a supreme being called GOD. Just wishful thinking by people that need to justify their existence and hopes for their future demise.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This title is so hilarious, so hateful and so typical of religious fundamentalists.

In 1998, I witnessed a spiritual transformation of an american indian take place before my eyes over the course of three months. He went from a down and out drunk with no spiritual path, to a revered holy warrior of the mayan indians.

And there was me believing the Mayan civilization disappeared over night, which is one of the greatest mysterious of the world...

Starting a spiritual journey with no text is simply a waste of valuable time. My mayan friend warned me in 1998 that there is a great cleansing coming very soon. And those people who are not "right with God, as they understand Him," are going to die.

Excuse me, why would a "Mayan" use the term God (only Abrahamic religion use "God" - to imply He is the one) Only certain Mayan's believed in a Supreme God - which was never written down. Scholars believe it was Itzamnaaj, but there are literally dozen of Mayan gods and goddess. In fact, no scholar believes their traditions included a one God

IMHO, there is an organized effort afoot on ATS to discredit religion at all cost. Look at the dates of joining for many of the anti-religious members. They all of a sudden arrived in big numbers. They are here for a reason and that reason is to see to it that YOU perish.

HA! Your international hate coalition of religious fanatics spend most of their time posting discriminating comments against gays, Muslims and anyone you don't agree with..

Please identify those new members. Let's unmask them. They provide no valuable feedback. They hate YOU and want you spiritually dead.

You accuse "anti-religious members" of trying to discredit religion and yet, in the same post, you wish to conduct a witch hunt against non-believers?! Oh the irony...

Hmm. This post is rather disturbing. You did not seek professional help to deal with addiction and turned to religion instead? That is rather dangerous. If the addiction effected your health, you should not seek self gratification from religion - it leads to dangerous beliefs.

I'm being deadly serious, you should honestly seek professional help before going down a religious route.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

No. It's not selfish to deny Jesus's death for our sins when there is no evidence of it. What's selfish is expecting an innocent man to carry your burdens and your sins for you rather than taking responsibility for them. I never understood why Christians are so ready to let Jesus die for them, God forbid they focus on the log in their own eye, no they'd rather throw that log on Jesus, an innocent man.

That Jesus was the only completely innocent man who ever lived is why he is the only sacrifice able to atone for our sins. The evidence for Jesus is the Word of God and the testimony of millions of Christians who have felt the power of Jesus. We are eternally grateful to our Savior for taking our sins upon himself out of pure unselfish mercy for us, when we have done nothing to deserve it.

Also, polytheism was always common for the Israelites. Moses was up on the Mountain getting the 10 commandments and by the time he got back down they were worshiping a calf. Archeological evidence has proved that polytheism was quite common for them. Even Catholics pray to Saints and the Virgin Mary, they have a version of polytheism. Some argue that the Trinity is also polytheistic, even if it isn't it is a very similar idea to polytheism.

The story of the golden calf proves that humans are naturally sinful and fall away from God. The Hebrews had just been saved from slavery in Egypt and then they went right into worshipping an idol instead of the One God who saved them. The polytheistic and pagan worship of the calf is obviously shown in the Bible as wrong.

Then throughout Israelite history, the Bible records them continually falling into polytheistic idol worship and being judged harshly for it. Of course archaelogical evidence would show pagan worship by Hebrews, the Bible tells all about it.

I agree completely, the Catholic worship of Mary and the Saints is pagan polytheism, they are going against the Bible in doing so.

The Trinity is not polytheism. There is One God with 3 aspects, the perfect analogy for the Giver of Life, is the natural giver of life, God's creation which has 3 forms ice, water, and vapor.

You think a perfect God would offer a perfect path for imperfect beings and expect them to follow it? And why is it again that a perfect God created such an imperfect creation? The Bible is far from a perfect path and people's interpretations of the Bible differ so greatly. So where is the perfect path? Where is the straight and narrow? And why would so merciful a God damn any who do not find this obscure path that even most Christians can't find (obviously they can't if there are so many interpretations and denominations)?

God has not commanded us to be perfect, he has sent a Messiah who did that for us because we cannot. He has commanded us to be sorry for our sins and humble and thankful for his great mercy. The Messiah provided the perfect and only path to salvation which is belief in him and trying our best to live as he told us to live. The straight and narrow is right there in Jesus words, and you seem to understand the righteous teachings of Jesus, you just can't take everything he said and then leave out the most important part which is faith in him.

Many denominations and sects and cults fight with each other and declare they have the only way and they are wrong, organizations have nothing to do with salvation, only personal belief according to what the Bible says.

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

Matt 7:13

4000 maximum sux, I will respond to the rest in another post.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Evidence of this? Where does it say that the native you mentioned in an earlier post will get to accept or deny Jesus after death?

This page answers this question quite well: Do All Non-Christians Go To Hell? Bible Says "No!"

www.internetchurchofchrist.org...

Again, those who hear the gospel and reject it are condemned.

And he said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to the whole creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. (MARK 16:15-16)

Also, Jesus's two commandments are "Love God and Love thy neighbor." and it says

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

Jesus is saying that when you treat someone else according to his teachings you are essentially gaining salvation, in other words it is love and kindness, not blind faith or complex religious beliefs that are important. Jesus was all about saving yourself by loving each other. He was setting an example on how you could become your own Savior, essentially your own Messiah, instead of waiting around under Roman rule for some supernatural Messiah that would never show up. That's the message of Communion that was lost, the message is "The Savior is within you." There is a Savior within us all if we love each other, to put it simply...

We cannot save ourselves, no matter how good we are.

All of us have become like one who is unclean,
and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
and like the wind our sins sweep us away. (Isaiah 64:6)

Jesus said over and over that he was the Messiah, and that it was not anyone's actions, but belief in him as the Messiah, that he was the only path to salvation.

Luke 24:44-47 Then he said to them, "These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you—that everything written about me in the law of Moses, the prophets, and the psalms must be fulfilled." Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures, and he said to them, "Thus it is written, that the Messiah is to suffer and to rise from the dead on the third day, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins is to be proclaimed in his name to all nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

John 11:25-27 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" "Yes, Lord," she told him, "I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, who was to come into the world."

John 8:23-24 But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I AM, you will indeed die in your sins."

(The Jewish name for God is Yahweh which means I AM)

And the best and most compact:

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

I believe that the supernatural parts were added later and only the core teachings were preserved. And in my opinion all the supernatural stuff really detracts from the profound beauty of Jesus's philosophy.

The beauty of Jesus' philosophy is that he was God incarnate and paid the price for our sins, and did it simply because he loves us and has mercy for us. Jesus teachings about correct living are flawless, but they are secondary to his claim of divinity and redemption through belief in him.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join