It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Right with God or Die

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

If god is as petty as saying i must believe or die then god can shove his/her religion as far up his/hers backside as is possible.

I'll say it again. If heaven is full of the horrible people, telling others they are going to hell, having a go at gay people, sitting in prayer and sharing tea and scones with the vicar then i will happily go to hell.

Hell is going to be full of all the people who enjoyed their lives, who partied a little, had fun, had friends, drank a little to much sometimes and realised that sex was an enjoyable thing instead of a torture.

So yeah i'll see you in hell, i'll be by the lake of fire with Ozzy, Vin Diesil and some delectable women, drinking and playing very loud music.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
I've noticed god rules alto like Hitler. "follow me
or burn in the fires of hell" I'll take my chances.

Is it that hard to be a good human being for you?

Loving the God who gave me life seems kind of right to me.

The rewards for walking with God are exceeded by nothing.

I walk with God and pray that I can be a better man in his eyes daily. I fear nothing, not much bothers me. I have had evil try to scare and hurt me just because I was so close to God. I do not fear them, I only fear Gods wrath.

Jesus is coming soon to give us all a warning. Be ready as it can come very very soon. I know for a fact that we will see the worse that man has to offer so get right with God now and reap the rewards before its to late.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

If god is as petty as saying i must believe or die then god can shove his/her religion as far up his/hers backside as is possible.

I'll say it again. If heaven is full of the horrible people, telling others they are going to hell, having a go at gay people, sitting in prayer and sharing tea and scones with the vicar then i will happily go to hell.

Hell is going to be full of all the people who enjoyed their lives, who partied a little, had fun, had friends, drank a little to much sometimes and realised that sex was an enjoyable thing instead of a torture.

So yeah i'll see you in hell, i'll be by the lake of fire with Ozzy, Vin Diesil and some delectable women, drinking and playing very loud music.

I will see if I can check on you down there just to see how much you like it then. I will be praying that you get your head out of your backside.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TaraLou

I think people who put someone down are people who have never experienced any body type of experience

ouch!! Why so brutal Tara? If you mean that the way I'm thinking

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

In all truth with that kind of condescending attitude i'd rather you don't ruin our party. However if you absolutely insist on distrubing us then bring a keg, although i hear Satan makes the best hooch.

The point of my original post was simply that i do not tell you how to live your life as a Christian so please don't try and scare and/or guilt non believers into agreeing with you.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

The horrible people are those who think the world is okay as it is, that we can just go on making our own rules and doing what we've been doing for thousands of years, and that there shouldn't be any negative consequences for our evil. It's like saying the government is horrible and evil for sending people to jail, when criminals are getting what they deserve.

The funny thing is, every single one of us no matter how good or bad we are has committed some evil, and that makes us tainted and imperfect and so we all deserve hell. But we have a God who loves us so much that even though we are all arseholes he died for us and all we have to do is accept his free gift of salvation.

Just believe that Jesus loves you and died for you and try to live as he told us to live and you get paradise, but so many of us value the pleasures of this horrible corrupt world more.

God doesn't want to take our fun away, he loves us, he turned the water to wine, and he designed sex. He wants us to do these things responsibly, according to how he commands, and when we don't we just bring negative consequences on ourselves. Just look at all the drunks and sex addicts and drug addicts, and all the havoc and heartache they cause for themselves and their families because they aren't following God's Law and controlling themselves.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by Chainmaker]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chainmaker
The horrible people are those who think the world is okay as it is, that we can just go on making our own rules and doing what we've been doing for thousands of years, and that there shouldn't be any negative consequences for our evil. It's like saying the government is horrible and evil for sending people to jail, when criminals are getting what they deserve.

Nope sorry that just won't fly. In the past the Earths religions went unchallenged (other than attacking each other) and we had just as much war, death and all the other bad stuff. It was only on a smaller scale because there were less people of course. So don't go blaiming the bad things on the rising secularism in some countries and remember that the world is still majority religious.

The funny thing is, every single one of us no matter how good or bad we are has committed some evil, and that makes us tainted and imperfect and so we all deserve hell. But we have a God who loves us so much that even though we are all arseholes he died for us and all we have to do is accept his free gift of salvation.

See this is my problem, why should a child, fresh out of the womb be tainted by original sin? Secondly why should anyone who hasn't done that badly in their life be sent to hell just because they don't much like the creator? Seriously if this is the creators world then that creator doesn't just need to be ignored, he/she/it needs a good slap.

Just believe that Jesus loves you and died for you and try to live as he told us to live and you get paradise, but so many of us value the pleasures of this horrible corrupt world more.

as there are no real good historical accounts as to Jesus even existing i find that one kind of hard, that's just for starters. Secondly why are you so sure you have the right religion? All of the others have exactly the same amount of proof as you do, that being none.

To finish off i would rather work on making this world better, even in some small way than hoping for paradise later. Thinking you will be rewarded after death kind of removes all drive to make this world the best we can.

God doesn't want to take our fun away, he loves us, he turned the water to wine, and he designed sex. He wants us to do these things responsibly, according to how he commands, and when we don't we just bring negative consequences on ourselves. Just look at all the drunks and sex addicts and drug addicts, and all the havoc and heartache they cause for themselves and their families because they aren't following God's Law and controlling themselves.

Well erm i'm not following gods law and i am neither a drunk, drug addict (never actually taken any illegal drug) and whilst i think sex is great i am not addicted. So why exactly do i need god? I mean i'm not one of his followers yet somehow i can keep myself on a decent track.

God is for the weak, like a child with their comfort blanket or imaginary friend.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think I can concisely describe my view as follows: Our perspectives are played out in society. Our perspectives give birth to emotions, which circle our logic. We have the same perspective until something jars us enough to force an intermingling of our logic and emotion. Logic runs into a wall. Emotions run in circles. When joined, they create a spiral effect. This creates, ultimately, either an upward or downward spiral. If the perspective causes an ultimately downward spiral in society, then, if we are honest and concerned about the whole, we must refashion our core perspective.

The game of many has been peace or annihilation. Dualistically opposing systems with no aim for reconciliation die simultaneously. Those with selfish angles are having the rug pulled out from under them, so to speak.

The problem with perspective is that, in the mindless, life imitates art, and art imitates life. This creates a perpetuation of the old. The old encompasses a desire to have one's view be the central view of the entire world, and all other views are wrong, and thus must be destroyed.

It is my view that opposing angles are being simultaneously eliminated in the hearts and minds of people. People are learning, in a sense, what they are not. I believe the singularity immediately following the elimination of angles could properly be personified as a megalomaniacal, androgynous goat. This being the spiral effect created by the war paradigm. The war paradigm puts emotion and logic itself at war. They always create a spiral, however, even under this war context. The spiral created from this perspective is downward, and it sends a civilization, ultimately (when being a parasite of hosts is no longer feasible) to its rock bottom, its central depths, forcing reevaluation. I do believe that once this destructive singularity emerges, it vanishes instantaneously for most. Most refuse to identify with this monstrosity, and thus, transcend it. The world in its current state relentlessly attempts to level these individuals, however. The world is simply going to be forced to ride the spiral downward to the extent that is necessary for people to realize they do not want to be this force in society.

Whether thoughts and prayers are quantum in nature is one point; I believe that they are. I also understand, however, that explaining this phenomenon through a quantum lens is not altogether necessary. Our thoughts and communication are very viral in nature, especially considering the instant communication available in the world today. Our perspectives very much create the reality in which we live. No ifs, ands, or buts.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'm going to take my chances and keep living my life under the assumption that there is no deity.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
Go ahead and join a church or temple. Your time is running out.

Yup and MERRY CHRISTMAS

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Yeah, and I have noticed that an increase of religious fanaticism has recently invaded ATS as well.

Actually, the fanatism here at ATS has never really increased. However, lately the religious fora has been over padded with people like yourself, as if you had just realised we have a religious conspiracy page up here at ATS. And many of us take great interest in discussing the cracks in the walls around the Temple or what not. We still have the usual JW's, but appart from a few maniacs like myself, we're basically talking about regular christians rehersing their faith.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

First of all, a Christian Mystic, unless your screen name is just a play on words, is not a "regular" Christian.If you are a mystic, I am sure there are many things that we'd agree on.

Secondly, no, I have noticed it for quite some time. However, over the last two or three months, religious fanaticism seems to be in excess here at ATS. I mean, come on!! Every other thread is either some Christian or Muslim "defending" the faith.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The reason I started lurking around here on ATS back, let's say roughly 10 years ago, was the religion forum, when half the bulk of the rest of it was about HAARP, which PHP platform and Tesla, and trust me, the weird clock was a part of the platform even back then. But to say people has become more religiously aggressive, nah. Not at all.... You just started jumping, 'cause you see that the gross share of the world knows more about religion than yourself, and we actually make out a difference. Tune in, freak out, or Join in or leave it there, learn the terrifying lingo, and fear never again. Or put it aside as an interesting voyage after a few years....

[edit on 21/12/2009 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

So, you're saying that people who spout drivel know more about religion and spirituality than I?
That's a gut buster.

This guy, the OP,is putting human characteristics on a force that is unfathomable. He knows more than I? Nah, don't think so. Sorry bout that.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

So, you're saying that people who spout drivel know more about religion and spirituality that I?
That's a gut buster.

OK, would you rather eat rocks than your own babies? *classic "bible" dilemma*... Would you rather risk plummeting to the earth like a dragon or would you risk jumping out from my given cliff, and you could've probably have trusted us quite a while? Would you rather kneel down for the guy who helped you out of it, or would you rather join in in the great rescue operation to save our most rocked out sheep``?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Neo, firstly,let me apologize. My response was one of arrogance. Not only that, I totally missed the point you were making.

Your point was that "Some people know more about the religious lingo and such than I." Honestly, that may be true. Also, you were trying to tell me that we are experiencing this for a reason.

I do apologize. When I actually examine what you were trying to tell me, you didn't say anything that was wrong. You just have a different style of presenting your points. It's rather interesting, really.

[edit on 21-12-2009 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Sertain people fear tomorrow like hell itself. Even walking around in this mudhole makes them feel ill. Swearing, nakedness, booze, drugs, prostitution, they can't cope. And they find religion comforting. The lingo and texts examined is in many cases terrifying where life and death, torture, unsound judgement justified with some God etc. You can choose to be terrified or simply laugh a little and join in. It's fun as hell, though you might find yourself studying the bible upside down with a mirror after a while, it's an intriguing book indeed, and the best of it all, it's not the only book. I'm locked and ready. I'm going in!

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Well, you have two choices in life. You can either join in on the chaos that is in the earth,or you can try to cope with "reality" and find yourself "mentally ill." Either way, you're kind of screwed and tattooed.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
By the 1930's, Einstein had reached an inescapable conclusion too. He admitted that the outcome of an experiment on the quantum level was in fact effected by the consciousness of the experimentor. Results were not reproducible from one scientists to the next.

Well, the 12 Disciples of Jesus Christ figured that out almost 2000 years ago simply by listening.

If Einstein only read the Bible, and understood it from both spiritual and scientific level, he may have arrived at the conclusion much sooner.

Jesus Christ consistently mentioned faith alongside things that are either exceedingly small or unseen or both. He commended the 'ancients' for the faith in the unseen. Combine it with Proverbs that 'nothing is new under the Sun'. We could guess, the ancients arrived at the same conclusion with or without advanced technology and they knew about Quantum Mechanics and the process of Faith.

I've said it before here, Quantum Mechanics is the 'Science of Faith'.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Are you saying your Jesus gave lectures in quantum mechanics to his disciples? Was it infact plain science he was experimenting with when he managed to make bread and fish multiply? Wow!! Jesus the Son of Quantum Physics. Blah

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join