It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Right with God or Die

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This man is just as valid as any one else. Have we gone so cerebrotonic that our gut feelings are not a part of the all important circuitry of brain-gut consciousness as well? To each thier own indeed. If you want to die alone.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

relation to conspiracy= the very powerful satanic force that exists that is trying to make this a nonissue. Nice to see you pop up into an issue you don't care about too much here OZ, I've seen you plenty of times in other religious threads. Cant you just press the ignore button if you care so little?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by zarp3333

Your prayers, thoughts and actions have powerful effects on a quantum level and reverberate throughout the universe. If you are going to pray, wouldn't you rather do it in a way that has been proven to work?

Oh please

Do our bodily functions "reverberate throughout the universe" too? I suppose that would explain the "Ghost fart" phenomenon.

That was very thoughtfull of you liveforever. How long did it take you to come up with that erudite response?

If I'm wrong, you've got nothing to worry about. If I'm right, things are going to get very interseting in the next couple years.

Merry christmas.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by blankduck18

Then why is yours right? Why is their only your heaven? ... Oh and by the way Im catholic

Then you should understand basic Christian doctrine/pre-Vatican II Catholic belief.

Sounds like separation to me

What you've brought up has nothing to do with people of different religions separating themselves here on Earth.

I'm not saying my relion is right. How could anybody KNOW any religion is right? I'm orthodox christian. It feels right to me but may not work for you.

Its none of my business what you are. As long as its working for you, that's great.
I chose the provacative title to get attention and expose the haters. I have no desire to convert anybody or to take them away from their religion.
If I say merry christmas to a muslim and he says God is great to me, if he wants to convert me, I'll listen because I know he gives a damn about me enough to take the chance he would insult me to help me. I love it. Why would I be angry?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Thanks, I mulled over a few different options before settling on that retort. About six/seven minutes in all I would think.

You are wrong trust me. If anything of that nature does happen though, I will get on my knees and beg for your forgiveness, naturally. You would have to forgive me too.

Win, win.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Its none of my business what you are. As long as its working for you, that's great.
Well that clears a few things up for me anyway.

Still OP to expose the haters? I don't see it. Why? If I may?
I usually just take them as they come without setting the stage for them so to speak. There will always be haters , persecuters, doubters.
That's part of it. Ok well by the choice of HL you are most likely going to
draw out more hate then what might of actually been there.

I'm more of a counter puncher I guess.

Have fun. Happy holidays.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I appreciate your attempt to reach out, but you stick to your religion, and I'll stick to my logic and reason.

Best of luck to you my friend.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
That is to say that in the end I will at least be as happy as you are with my choices in life.
[edit on 20-12-2009 by randyvs]

If you are as happy as I am, than yes, I suppose that is a good thing

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Very well said. I've got to stop posting while I drive. My writing may improve as well as my chances for staying in my lane.

The day I saw the mayan indian walk into my bar with 4 enormous body guards, I knew that instant he was not full of crap.

He had been a penniless, vietnam vet on the verge of living under a bridge like so many other vets in washington, dc at that time. I was one of the few bar owners who would still let him in a bar. He used to steal other customers drinks when they went to take a piss.

Next thing I know he's telling me about retrived memories from past lives, he had cut way back on drinking and counted the president of the world bank as a friend.

If that would not change your life, then you must be a walking dead man.

I really don't care what your beliefs are. He didn't tell me to worship a mayan God, he simply warned me that something very bad was coming and those who didn't believe in the creator were doomed.

I care enough about the other members of this site to forward the warning as it seems that gary's premonitive warning was no less real that his physical transformation.

I would also like to bring to light the FACT that there are an increasing number of anti-religious threads on ATS that may affect people who may be on the cusp of joining a religion for its ease.

Go ahead and fire off the flames. I can't feel a thing. I feel what I'm doing is right. If you really want to get personal, stop by my house in Norfolk, va. There is nothing you can do to me that I have not already have had done. I'm not afraid.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

No one will deny or dispute the power of the Almighty to make such a communication if he pleases. But admitting, for the sake of a case, that something has been revealed to a certain person, and not revealed to any other person, it is revelation to that person only. When he tells it to a second person, a second to a third, a third to a fourth, and so on, it ceases to be a revelation to all those persons. It is revelation to the first person only, and hearsay to every other, and, consequently, they are not obliged to believe it. It is a contradiction in terms and ideas to call anything a revelation that comes to us at second hand, either verbally or in writing. Revelation is necessarily limited to the first communication. After this, it is only an account of something which that person says was a revelation made to him; and though he may find himself obliged to believe it, it cannot be incumbent on me to believe it in the same manner, for it was not a revelation made to me, and I have only his word for it that it was made to him.

That which is now called natural philosophy, embracing the whole circle of science, of which astronomy occupies the chief place, is the study of the works of God, and of the power and wisdom of God in his works, and is the true theology. As to the theology that is now studied in its place, it is the study of human opinions and of human fancies concerning God.1 It is not the study of God himself in the works that he has made, but in the works or writings that man has made; and it is not among the least of the mischiefs that the Christian system has done to the world, that it has abandoned the original and beautiful system of theology,2 like a beautiful innocent, to distress and reproach, to make room for the hag of superstition.

[edit on 20-12-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Here's one more thing that may display my sense of right and wrong and what I'm willing to do about it.

In 2000, I was working on a popular public affairs program on MSNBC. We had an arabic guest get hammered on the air. I didn't agree with his opinions but I felt bad that e never had a chance and it wasn't a fair fight.

I ended up providing his company media training that was so sucessful, members of th PLO flew in a few weeks later and took the same training. They warned me that they were being followed and that I would end up on a list.
They wanted me to know that I was risking my career and were surprised that I went through with it particularly since I was not muslim.

So bring it on biatches. I'm on a "list." I've been stabbed, had my ass beaten and had a 9mm pointed in my face and my life is pretty good and its been getting better for a long time.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You criticize organized religion by mentioning comparisons between it and government, then you say to join a church or temple, which I think is rather contradictory. I have no use for organized religion either, as it's all about power and control over the masses, through the use of fear of what may happen to us when we supposedly 'die'. I do believe in a higher power whom I call "God". My faith in God is personal and on a one on one basis, and I don't have to sit in a church once a week in order to prove my belief in Him to others. He knows, and that's what counts. For close to a couple of thousand years, organized religion has caused a lot of grief and misery, what with the actions of the Catholic Church's Inquisition that murdered millions of the faith over the centuries of its existence, and the church got richer by confiscating properties of so-called "heretics". The Crusades were nothing more than mass murder and a way for 'Christian' European noblemen to increase their own wealth. Even the common soldiers were paid in loot taken after butchering entire towns, whose residents were of the Moslim faith. Many soldiers who were dirt poor when they started out, returned from the Crusades quite wealthy with gold, and Moslim slaves whom they sold off, or kept for their own use. I don't need to know my neighbour's beliefs, and in fact he can drop to his knees and pray to the dog turd on my front lawn, for all I care. All over the world native cultures were destroyed by being forced to accept Christianity, by organized religions that could easily be the workings of Satan. I don't think the amassing of great wealth was God's idea, nor did He order priests and ministers to go forth and molest little boys.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

You are correct on many levels.

Our actions do reverberate throughout the universe. Also our intentions are very much a part of all that takes place in our lives.

I also like what you said about pointing to a verse in a holy book when you have a Godsmack like an 11:11.

This is called divination. I do the same thing with Tarot. I will try it with the bible too. I believe the passages in the bible that warn against divination were written by the powers that be in order to have us not uses this awesome way of communing with the creator. I would like to know what the OP's thoughts are on divination.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Forced religion is the most disgusting aspect of human life. Especially when you're online trying to convince someone the time is running out, so go find "God."

I pity you.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
People enjoy being part of a group.

Well, most people.

Imagine if we just let it be...why cant we just have good morales instead of conflicting religions?

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Here we go again

Another case of religious fanatic coming on ATS to preach. I dont know what it has to do wth religious conspiracies either.

Frankly I dont give a crap what your opinion is, and you shouldnt come here pushing it onto people. I dont understand why you even care what other people believe in

I'm sick to death of the preaching here.

this should be in skunk works.

posted on Dec, 20 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Zarp, when I read your thread title I got the whole body shivers and goose bumps.

That tells me you are correct.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Explanation: Until the whole of the rest of existence kowtows 3 times at my feet begging me my forgiveness for causing me to be a monster, well until that happens I'll take that garantee that I'll rapidly oxidize in some weird cruel and unusual kind of existential afterlife and cash it in!

Why? Well at least it is some kind of existence and since existing is suffering [Thanks Buddah] and hell is also suffering and I have mastered suffering to a high degree, I'll be right at home in hell won't I?!

Personal Disclosure: To all the current and past God's...."
" !!!

P.S. It's better to burn in hell, than to give the God[s] any satisfaction! Why? Because THEY NEED US TO WORSHIP THEM just so they can feel good about themselves! EPIC FAIL!

FYI and IMO, the God[s] created me to REPLACE them!

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaraLou

Zarp, when I read your thread title I got the whole body shivers and goose bumps.

That tells me you are correct.

Shivers and goosebumps. I can get shivers watching movie trailers if they're well done. I can goosebumps listening to really awesome music. Or if I'm cold. I worry about humanity when shivers and goosebumps and spooky feelings are taken as evidence that someone is right.

I seriously hope you are joking about this...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I am not joking.

I am intuitive, which I realised at a very young age.

So when I get that feeling, I hear the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join