It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated with agents of ignorance!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Damian-007

No, people are not entitled to harass, bully, and torture others for their own amusement, and that is exactly what you are defending.

You don't realize how dangerous and unproductive that mentality is. If someone doesn't like what they see or hear, no one gave them permission to act in a psychotic fashion to get their jollies off at someone else's expense.

It is immoral for people to behave the way they do under the pretense that they can say whatever they want and can do whatever they want to silence that which doesn't suit them. Many are so blinded by their rage and arrogance, that you can literally QUOTE THEIR OWN WORDS and they will not even notice that they just said it, because they are too busy trying to attack you for attacking from their perspective.

People do not just have free license to say and do whatever they want without consequences. Most are just haters and have given in to their own antisocial desires, as they take everything they can from everyone else.

You just defended these people who would throw you into the meat grinder without morals, justification, or sympathy.

Try and see for yourself how they behave some time if you are willing to witness the S-Storm focused solely on yourself. There is only the illusion of free speech, and as long as stupid, rich, bullies run society, these antisocial, anti people mentalities will rule.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You fit clearly in with what I am talking about on ATS in general. Try a little compassion and actually care about more than discrediting people.

You can lay off the stream of fallacies, your post simply lacks the maturity and kindness required to truly understand others.

HATE HATE HATE.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Stream of fallacies?

You know what they say, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Please, where is this stream that you speak of?

EGO EGO EGO.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i think we need a " i love ATS " or " ATS rocks " or a "why are people wankers on this board " sections.

it seems every week or twice a week, people find it necessary to make a

thread to say how much ats rocks or why they love ats, or why people

make fun of the thread when they want to discuss multi-dimensional

gateway portal to secret universes or sweatshop buildings on neptune and

mars or 0 point energy....

i wonder if real scientist actually discuss those things or is it just the

crazies... hmmm i wonder....

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

This is a great post and i agree 100% with what downisreallyup is saying here ! On the point of people reading the threads title then jumping straight in. I have also come across this ! personally I have never done this for example when i first joined i read 42 (when i started there were 36) pages in a post regarding the Apollo missions transcripts it took me all day all that night (i had 2hrs sleep) and almost all the next day. after reading AND viewing various video's posted in the thread ! Only then did i decide to post anything of my views on the subject ! I doubt any of these disinfo agents have the dedication to do THAT ! So please before posting, garner all the info you can on the related subject then you won't sound so stupid when eventually you DO post !

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
good thread,these ignorant brainwashed know it all people are the worst of all for me, that watch all the documentaries on msm and when you tell them something that`s just outside their box of reallity they just show the face of disgust and say rubbish and as their walking away say goon fingers spinning and all, sometimes i wish the house of cards would come crashing down right there and then just too see that face of disgust turn to terror and that tiny little mind melting before my very eyes.me baad

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

IT COMES FROM YOUR MOUTH!

You can't even see it. You used the words Ego, Ego, Ego. That is your personal perspective through which you judge the world.

You can do whatever you want as long as someone doesn't call you on it.

I am warning you to let go of your hatred and accept that ATS doesn't matter at all in the grand scheme of things.

If you don't listen to me, you will only become more hardened and hateful, all the while believing that the people you hurt deserve it.

I bet your father (if he has passed or you are an orphan, all apologies, honestly) would beat the hell out of you if you talked to him like you do to many people here.

You do have smart things to say, and I can still stand to read what you post in general, but you must look in the mirror and ask if you are truly engaging in behaviors that make you a better person. I don't think you are.

I never said I was better than anyone. That would be ego. This is simply what it is, an unnecessary social situation on ATS in general that leads to the harassment and ridicule of otherwise normal people.

I bet this will only anger you and I am expecting a standard response to what I have to say. I love pleasant surprises, but you don't see anything wrong with your behaviors. That is the problem, and my browbeating you will do nothing but confirm to you my own stupidity through your own world view and perspective.

I just don't think you understand that it is wrong to harass others for posting on an open forum because you don't agree.

Why do I bother then? If even one person gets the hint, then it is worth it no matter how you choose to react. I almost guarantee you will see this as egotistical as well.

I don't care.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Here we go again (sigh...).
Frankly it's those who who scream 'disinfo' who seem the worst to me. All the arguments the op used can used back at him/her. Accusing someone of being a paid agent (or whatever) is the last refuge of the paranoid and feeble minded. Maybe they are paid trolls? I do wonder sometimes. Surely some posters can't be as barking mad as they make out to be...
But who cares anyway?
I just know that it is unfair to accuse people of being paid whatever. They can't defend themselves by proving their identity and others can't prove it either. So let's try rational argument instead of name calling. Unfortunately not everyone seems to have got the hang of this...

[edit on 19-12-2009 by unicorn1]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Excellent the the now daily "this place is going to heck in a handbag" thread.

please!

It's getting ridiculous and why are people crying about counterpoints?
It is ludicrous to ask that people not oppose some of the conjecture.

The mechanism of discussion and discovery is to present a premise and to begin an argument for that premise or against it.

to ask that things go unquestioned is in and of itself the height of demonstrative ignorance! It is laughable that this post is made because it is in and of itself a remarkable demonstration of a call for willful ignorance.

well, no apologies here. If it doesn't make sense, if it has no data, if there are no factual aspects and it is fantasy, then it belongs elsewhere.
if people cannot be critical in their thinking before they post, then it is in their best interest to be educated.

even if that education comes from a cynic. And when I say Cynic, I mean it in the most accurate of sense.

grow up and stop whining about counter assertions in regards to topics.
truth is discovered through argument and assessment, not through story telling or conjecture.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by djusdjus]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

And BTW, yes it has been infiltrated by agents of ignorance.
YOU are one of these. As demonstrated by your own post!

It appears you don't realize it. So how topsy turvy is that!?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadlysponge
i think we need a " i love ATS " or " ATS rocks " or a "why are people wankers on this board " sections.

We have this here - Link

And that's where this thread should be!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

Now thats what is wrong with ATS. An inexperienced (No slur intended) member of 4 weeks starts a thread based on his personal views. Views he is entitled to hold. He then gets the above feedback from a member of 5 years.

I don't think it matters whether someone has been here for 5 weeks or five years ! Being here five years doesnt make you more intelligent ! Everyone should be allowed theyre point of view they should'nt be attacked chastised and castigated for it ! By all means explain your theory and view to them but theres no need to infer they are dumb, unintelligent, thick etc for what they say and believe ! Some people myself included have'nt been on ATS long that does'nt mean we have nothing to contribute and say ! I have enjoyed my time here upto now and I am fast gaining experience in how to address someone who challenges me ! As long as it isn't a personal attack i don't mind but it's wrong to question a persons intelligence ! Ive learned there are some emminent and respected people who are members here and some are extremely intelligent but that should'nt be used to bash people who maybe don't have the education level that you possess ! We can all 'LEARN' something here and it's been like my late Father used to say 'You learn something new EVERY day' How right he was ! Merry Christmas All !

[edit on 083131p://12America/Chicago19 by ProRipp]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
More than once I have considered not bothering with ATS anymore. The reason?

All the bickering. Civility has definitely declined since I've been reading ATS for several years, IMO. This place has become a pissing contest between egos.

Ego. Defending it. Pumping it up. Thats all that goes on here at ATS or anywhere for that matter. Like children at a playground.

Too bad we can't have intelligent conversations where people dispassionately discuss the logic, reason and evidence either for or against a proposed theory. If our Egos were not so sensitive maybe we could actually have meaningful debates. That can't happen when we try to brow beat the other person into conforming to our point of view (which will never happen, ego won't let it), thereby winning the Ego contest.

Why does everyone feel the need to be right? When was the last time you ever admitted you were wrong about something? Is it so shameful to be wrong? How can a person learn anything if they already know everything? Also what is wrong with reserving judgement on a subject? Must you come down on one side or the other? Why? It seems to me the better thing to do would be to take what reasoning and evidence is given, file it away and withhold judgement. That way you can remain flexible to the subject as new information is presented and your ego is not invested in it, desiring the outcome to be one way or another. Then eventually the truth may be revealed to your mind.

Bah! Enough! .... what do I know .... just my 2 ...

[edit on 19-12-2009 by 2 cents]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Oh ... so why do I keep coming back?

I'm addicted. Apparently.

To weird news and events.
To bizarre conspiracy theories.
To the strange rumors I just can't seem to find anywhere else.

Is most of it bunk? Probably. But I like to keep my mind open to the possibilities.

I'm just filing it away for the moment, reserving judgement and glad my brain or hard drive isn't limited to a 120gb capacity

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

S&F

@OP: If you're interested on collaborating on an in depth study that investigates who the shills, trolls and non-contributing skeptics are on ATS then I'm your man. Internal analytics and projection are my day jobs.

We can thereafter produce our results to the moderators and a censored version (i.e. no names disclosed) of our summits to the public (i.e. ATS).

It's not something that I'll do myself though I'll definitely delegate the process if anyones willing to collaborate. U2U me if anyone wants to partake privately. We have an opportunity to form a petition that will admonish much of the aggravation currently pervading ATS.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by rexusdiablos]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Jesus, It sure is nice to see another R U S H fan.

Great lyrics. Great music. Great live shows. And tons of music.

What more can you ask for from a band?

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ProRipp

Im not sure if your agreeing with my post, or debating it??

As far as your response is concerned I agree totally. This makes me think that I am iether reading your post wrong or you have read mine wrong?

Respects

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by ProRipp

Im not sure if your agreeing with my post, or debating it??

As far as your response is concerned I agree totally. This makes me think that I am iether reading your post wrong or you have read mine wrong?

Respects

Ha ha ha oh don't ask me i'm slowly losing the will to live ! SOOO tired ! ha ha ha

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Well, is this not the foundation of society? I have often realized how many threads will have an opinion as a headline, or ano opinion based on only the poster's thoughts of an article. HR Bill blah blah blah. . .implants! To consider all the things that are already implanted such as pace makers, medication pumps, etc. . .then automatically assume it means IR chips? Yes, there are so many that respond with little or no intelligent thought, yes there are people who refuse to see the truth. . .but so what? This is a conspiracy website. . .so it must also exist as an ANTI-conspiracy site. It doesn't matter if it's ZPE energy, or propelling a balso plane with a rubber band. . .there's room for debate. Every country was founded with the same idiocy. Infiltration is a strong word. . .it's not as though you need to take a MENSA test to get on her. For the record, however, I agree with you. . .but this is a public site, and people have a choice to be as unintelligent as they want to be.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Star and Flag for you.

I think intellectual dishonesty, ignorance or a desire to obscure the truth can sometimes be seen thru the words of certain people.

I don't mind at all when evidence is presented for evaluation, whether that evidence is for or against the hypothesis presented. That is the only material that will generate a discussion with any hope of finding the truth.

For the ignorant, I hope they can learn their debating and critical thinking skills. I was at some point ignorant as is everybody. We can all learn from one another.

For the intellectually dishonest and those who are bent on obscuring the truth, you're wasting your time. there is enough smart people on every side of the debate who are not going to be swayed by group-think, or diversions. Keep trying you are just making a mockery of yourselves.

To the OP thanks for outlining those tactics, hopefully we can all become better at discerning the intentions behind certain posts and ignoring those that are just creating a diversion.

-rrr

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join