It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS has been infiltrated with agents of ignorance!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

Thank you for this thread.

i am sick of some posters on this site, i don't like to use the ignore button, i prefer to laugh at blatant ignorant posts.

the point you made in your original post was clear.

but yet people still come into this thread with silly misconceptions due to nothing else but ignorance.

All anyone wants on this site is the truth, why can't we just calmly logically work towards that.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

All anyone wants on this site is the truth, why can't we just calmly logically work towards that.

Why?
Calling people names and bashing on them is so much funner!
Makes us feel big too.....

Just kidding around...I agree.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I'm starting to think all these OP's creating a "ATS has been infiltrated.." are the real[/] infiltrators.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Really? Well obviously you have not taken any time to study the matter. I have made quite a few good contributions to ATS and am anything but a debunker or denier... quite the opposite really... soooo, try again

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Really? I wait for the evidence before I correct myself.

Why create a thread based on a subject matter that has been debated about five times already this month? These threads have never achieved anything in the six years I've been at ATS, coincidently, their appearances increased when the the star and flag system was implemented.

Well obviously you have not taken any time to study the matter

Oh I have, I've witnessed true infiltration of these boards. Not stigmatising those for having an opposing opinion, genuine groups hijacking threads and even sections of ATS.

Maybe, you should use the search function and read up on ATS past.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder

wall of whining text post.

here's an idea, don't post hoaxes, do some actual research with actual scientific data, and not made up math systems, and hmm.. oh i don't know.. man up a bit and learn to accept criticism might help too. long story short, its not disinfo agents, or anything of the sort.. your posts and theories are just crap.

Now thats what is wrong with ATS. An inexperienced (No slur intended) member of 4 weeks starts a thread based on his personal views. Views he is entitled to hold. He then gets the above feedback from a member of 5 years.

"your posts and theories are just crap" as a reply simply says it all

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Dont believe him his a Hoax!!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

OMG! ATS has been infiltrated again…
Whooop! Whoop! Red Alert! Mods Man your battle stations, place your "Global Ignore" buttons in the upright and locked position, set your "Ban" button for kill…

You know the drill, you’ve been through this battle before, just like the time that ATS Infiltrated by…

[flashback sequence]
Moronic posters:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Glenn Beck Fans:

The “Goverement”! (not sure what that is?
)

Evil UFO Debunkers/Skeptics:

Professional Disinformation Agents:

Spies:

Woo-Woos from GLP:

The Pentagon Psy-Ops and Cointelpro Operations:

Groupies:

Immature Partisan Brainwashed Youths:

COINTELPRO:

Taliban, Extreme Muslims, and Communists!:

Masons:
[/flashback sequence]

You know the drill men…
Good luck, good hunting, godspeed, and whatever you do… Be careful out there!
Dismissed!

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

S&F....... S&F!

There is a WAR here on ATS...
Right, a strange war fight from "some" people from "Agency" right here on ATS.

A "dirty" war not declared and fighted whith unconventional "weapons" of truth destruction.

Infiltrated and Fifth columns from "Agencies" are here, among us and that they want to bury or to alter some truth which emerges on some Threads.
And this for sure!

All the opinions are respectables, but "some behaviors" of "some people" are absolutely very, very suspiciones…

ATS is a "place", maybe the most important worl-wide, for this kind of "news". This is a dangerous territory because here some news rejected by the Mainstream TV/Newspaper could enter in again by the "window" and make a huge spin.

[edit on 19-12-2009 by Imagir]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I've noticed something and am not sure about you lot but all the posts for discrediting,mocking and deflection generally get alot of stars. Thats me however.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
I've noticed something and am not sure about you lot but all the posts for discrediting,mocking and deflection generally get alot of stars. Thats me however.

I've noticed it, too. I'm beginning to believe that these anti-debunker cry baby threads are a ploy to get stars, flags and points.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Cheer up OP.
Here is someone you can relate too.

Repeat 3 times when vexed on threads.
'm So Ronery
I'm so ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone

There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work very hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems that no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery
A little ronery
Poor rittre me

There's nobody
I can rerate to
Feer rike a bird in a cage
It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage

I work rearry hard to stay nice and fit
But none of the women seem to give a #
When I rure the world maybe they'rr notice me
But untir then I'rr just be ronery
Rittre ronery, poor rittre me
I'm so ronery
I'm so ronery

I know what you mean by ATS being infiltrated by agents of Ignorance.
I read this thread the other day with some poster screaming the house down that they had proof of this and scientific data for that yada yada.
When in reality the OP simply did not understand, at all, what they were looking at.
Even when pointed in the right direction, this OP still maintained that they were right.
Here is a link all here should read so as to get a better understanding of Just what downisreallyup is talking about.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

You’re right; we are hiding a huge secret…
That there are free spell checkers available online.

Oppps! I was not supposed to say that.
Well now I’ve gone and spilled the beans. My superiors will not be pleased about this accidental disclosure.

Errrr... Spelling.

[edit on 12/19/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
What you are seeing are passionate members with strong opinions and sometimes it can get messy to the point where people become personal.

Some people go off track immediately and start fighting windmills, some are just mean-spirited political operatives, and some are just empty-headed parrots.

No, seriously, those are the only three kinds on ATS.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Interesting. Here's a conspiracy theory:

I've been observing the Norway "spiral" threads since the issue was first brought up... and I noticed something that I just can't completely disregard as coincidental. I think that about a few days after the first "spiral" thread, there were a few immediate follow-up threads that made it to the "hot" topics section of ATS. This would usually be the case for any big story, yes. And some of these follow-up threads were supposed to be "spill-overs" from the rather chaotic, original thread (whose page count wasn't getting any fewer). Most of them were created to refute the much-accepted (but far from perfect) "missile/rocket" theory.

There was a particular spiral thread (one of the first to follow-up on the original, if not the first) that caught my attention (as well as raised an eyebrow). There, the OP specifically questioned the "believability" of the missile/rocket explanation and then deliberately called-out and challanged the "debunkers" to prove him/her wrong.

Normally I wouldn't question this, if it were not for the suspiciously weak (and rather bogus) case presented in the OP (you can compare it to a kid trying to make a point to an adult on who is stronger - Optimus or Megatron?). The case was so weak that if you liken the discussions to a boxing match, the boxer with the word "debunker" written on his shorts would easily clobber the other guy who's been doing nothing but letting his guard down, waiting for the coup de grace to arrive. In other words, I honestly think the whole thread may have been designed to break apart (I'm not sure of it, but certain matters led me to believe so).

The result was a big blow to those who legitimately refused to accept the missile theory. It doesn't take a genius to discredit such a weak case. I observed certain members acting in a somewhat coordinated manner, sometimes in tandem like a dynamic duo ("batman & robin" style), where they select a potential target (in this case, a "non-missile/rocket theory" believer, whether legit or a "bogus" disinformant) and then they work together to eliminate it. Like a clean-up job to finish up the "crappy" thread. Then, for the more challenging intellectual non-believers, a lone "superman" type disinfo guy handles the job, followed up by another disinfo guy/s who portrays someone who looks very well convinced by "superman's" explanation.

I also noticed some members who appear out of nowhere and merely do nothing but disrupt a good ongoing discussion, as if trying to trigger a brawl.

Then, when they have established a strong position, that is when they go for the kill. The thread is branded off as looney and discarded.... as if saying, "move along, nothing to see here!".

[edit on 19-12-2009 by smirnoffsky]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
I'm starting to think all these OP's creating a "ATS has been infiltrated.." are the real[/] infiltrators.

No, I am still leaning towards the idea that you are an undercover agent.

Heh. Just a mostly baseless conception. Remember that other thread last night, didn't even make it to 40 posts before it disappeared. That thread didn't stand a chance.

This is all about fear and control. Rather, I am giving you a hard time to judge your reactions. This is a social networking site and social experimentation is the every day thing.

Agents of ignorance? Sure, but many more are 1984 all the way.We are the agents of our own enslavement to the system that requires us in the first place.

I wonder a lot these days about stuff. I wonder...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Although I agree with the OP on a few of his points, I have to point out that Everyone is entitled to their Opinion. Whether you like it or not, you can't force your beliefs on to anyone else. People will believe what they want to believe. My gripe is when the facts are presented within a thread and people just go on as though the facts weren't even posted. They will still argue the point and that there opinion is right, no matter what.

We need more quality back here on ATS. There's been enough Whinging and threads like these have to stop. Seems like a new "This is What's Wrong With ATS" Thread is popping up every second day. It's got to stop too.

Calling people out in threads had no place here either. I know I've only seen one thread so far doing this but, it can't be let go. That cannot be a trend that's allowed to get started here on ATS..

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by smirnoffsky

Yeah, I just had to hand a guy his pair after being the second guy who tried to discredit my posts using nothing more than arrogance, fallacies, and a that's a good boy, you'll do much better when you aren't a stupid little kid mentality.

Needless to say, having a college education and a 4.0 was like hitting him with the nuclear deterrent, never opened his mouth to me after that. Stupid idiot.

Most people however, are simply still 'plugged in' like in the Matrix, and they will die to defend what little scraps of lives they are given.

His mentality was completely prefabricated from a mold that he crafted from his exposure to ATS, and others falling before his sharpened blade of ignorance, granting a self important egotistical demeanor that people have to learn to stand up to.

Basically the person randomly selects me as his enemy and promptly finds where I am posting and let loose his barrage. I won't put him on my respected enemies list, because I have no respect for the arrogance I experienced, nor for the fallacies that were produced or for the person in general. I don't need a silly web app to identify friend from foe. The writing is on the wall.

Use common sense, and never give em an inch. He honestly thought because I have emotional outbursts and passion, that I was in high school. It would have torn my credibility to shreds had I not taken the fool around the block to give him his paces.

This is a constant issue for those who simply want to read some stories, experience the unknown and have a good time. People like this guy get their fix by viciously dogging anyone who looks weak and vulnerable, and you have to hit them between the eyes so hard they go cross eyed.

Biff Tannon never learned his lesson, neither will these people. They have NOTHING to go on, and their defenses shatter the second you refuse the abuse from the abusers of ATS and then you aren't fun to pick on anymore.

We can't take back ATS, we have crossed the threshold and the vipers have come to rest here. Stand up for what you believe in and NEVER, EVER take abuse from ANYONE, especially not on ATS in this day and age. Logic and rational thinking are toxic to these people and a cordial discussion on possibilities is the direct opposite of their reasons to post here.

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir

S&F....... S&F!

There is a WAR here on ATS...
Right, a strange war fight from "some" people from "Agency" right here on ATS.

A "dirty" war not declared and fighted whith unconventional "weapons" of truth destruction.

You like to throw that out a lot don't you? If anybody disagrees with you, they're paid agents here to discredit what YOU perceive to be truth huh?

Your self delusion of importance is truly amazing and frankly a little disturbing.

Infiltrated and Fifth columns from "Agencies" are here, among us and that they want to bury or to alter some truth which emerges on some Threads.
And this for sure!

Your attempt at gaining the moral high ground fails miserably when most of the lies I see in conspiracies are from the so called Truthers, here's a recent example of such a thing:

So what's to gain from this? Maybe it's your type that is infiltrated by the government?

All the opinions are respectables, but "some behaviors" of "some people" are absolutely very, very suspiciones…

What makes them suspicious?

Care to elaborate?

ATS is a "place", maybe the most important worl-wide, for this kind of "news". This is a dangerous territory because here some news rejected by the Mainstream TV/Newspaper could enter in again by the "window" and make a huge spin.

I wish I knew what it is the hell you're trying to say here...

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM

Yeah, I just had to hand a guy his pair after being the second guy who tried to discredit my posts using nothing more than arrogance, fallacies, and a that's a good boy, you'll do much better when you aren't a stupid little kid mentality.

Needless to say, having a college education and a 4.0 was like hitting him with the nuclear deterrent, never opened his mouth to me after that. Stupid idiot.

I hope you realise the irony in this post?

Humble much?

[edit on 19/12/09 by Chadwickus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join