It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride's here but Graham's gone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Fluoride's here but Graham's gone

www.themorningbulletin.com.au

“For the last 15 years I have worked at the Glenmore Water Treatment Plant operating the chemical dosing of water taken from the Fitzroy River for the city’s consumption,” Graham said.

“Until now all processes adopted have made the water either clean or safe to consume.

“Fluoride addition does neither and questionably compromises the safety aspect.

“With this ethical, plus a few moral issues, I realised my present position was untenable.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Now THIS is an AWESOME story.

This water company worker had the cajones to step up and speak out against the poisoning of our water systems!!

They let him go for refusing to conform, but in my eyes, this man is a true hero, and sets the example for others behind these nefarious activities and manipulations of the public's water supplies to question what is being done to our water supplies!

I am betting he won't be unemployed for long. Kudos Mr. Graham, we need more people like you to stand up for the populace!

www.themorningbulletin.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I admire him for standing up for what is right.

Hopefully he can spend his down time spreading the word about what this toxic waste runoff actually does to people.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well at least he's going against the grain in a more noticeable fashion. Usually, the people who try to make a difference, will pool their resources for years and years, gathering every fighting shred of evidence they can muster only to sit down in front of a conformist panel where only one decision is made. The odds are always stacked against the petitioners, and the panel of course always wins. It's been decades of the same charades over water fluoridation/cleanliness.. nothing new.

It's similar to a child standing up to their parents if they want to get un-grounded. It does nothing, and the system is conformist and authoritarian in nature.

I don't know why these people continue to try and take the bull by the horns (bless them for trying, honestly), they should be pooling their own resources and forming their own organizations and starting at the very local levels.

So, I think he is participating in one of the more useful tactics, simply walking away and saying, "Here's why... ". Hopefully he doesn't stop there and he then goes on to petition to the local government, a grass-roots movement starting with town water supplies. That's the only way to go.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
He should spend his time explaining about the dangers of fluoride to the people who will be drinking the water. Surely theose who would be poisoned will have the bottle to stand up for themselves if not for this man of honour.

or , is this just another example of how people just do as they are told?
Go on drink that poison people, its cheaper for you to drink it than it is for us to dispose of it.

S&F for you
S&F for him

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Great thread, it's nice to hear about somebody doing the right thing.

A man that stands up for what he believes in and what is right (especially to the point of leaving his job) is truely an honorable man. Hopefully someone in his community will take notice of his actions and offer him a good job.

Mr. Demeny, may good fortune follow you.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Im glad this guy is standing up.
I know fluoride poisoning in adults causes all kinds of nasty effects like,abdominal pain, diarrhea, dysphagia, hypersalivation, mucosal injury, nausea, vomiting. Electrolyte abnormalities including hyperkalemia, hypocalcemia, hypoglycemia, and hypomagnesemia may occur. Neurological symptoms include headache, muscle weakness, hyperactive reflexes, muscular spasms, paresthesia seizures, tetanic contractions, and tremors. In severe cases, multi organ failure will occur. Death typically results from cardiac arrest, shock, widening of QRS, and various arrhythmias occur.
I know when my son was born they told us to use unfluorinated water for feeding him because fluoride would cause his teeth to come in with dark or brown spots, Or be totaly brown like coffee stains,this is known as dental fluorosis.

fluoride can also lead to developmental issues, Could fluoride in the water be a contributing factor in the rise of cases of children with ADHD and other learning or behavioral issues?

[edit on 17-12-2009 by triaxrob]

[edit on 17-12-2009 by triaxrob]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Any medical official, or any certified physician at the very least, should have their license revoked for claiming our drinking water is safe and/or claiming that Fluoride doesn't cause the problems we all know they cause. It's lying, or just plain incompetence. Either way, in the medical field, both are considered justifiable actions for immediate termination.

I'm tired of people telling me the fluoride is safe (among other chemicals), when you can do an extremely quick investigation into Fluoride and see how hazardous it is (considered more hazardous to human beings than Lead, fyi). So apparently, that means I can buy a couple barrels of fluoride, dilute it a little, put it in some water and pass it around to my neighbors.. and the EPA, Law Enforcement, Etc... wouldn't be knocking on my door? Because fluoride is safe right??

[edit on 17-12-2009 by SyphonX]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Any medical official, or any certified physician at the very least, should have their license revoked for claiming our drinking water is safe and/or claiming that Fluoride doesn't cause the problems we all know they cause. It's lying, or just plain incompetence. Either way, in the medical field, both are considered justifiable actions for immediate termination.

Thanks for posting this Thread Dimensional Detective!

I totally agree with the quote above.

The dental scam and the ADA, who are these marketing whizzes?

Last time I went to pay my water bill, I asked them about the floride deal, and if they know how harmful it is?, which I did with respect and sincerity, yet, the response is yea, right.

I also called Colgate company to express my concerns, and the intern secretary told me floride is safe and why. I told them, I won't buy their product again until they take floride out, even if it costs $10 a tube.

I used to like colgate toothpaste, this now explains some drain bamage.

Title should be; Graham's Here Floride's Gone!

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
He should spend his time explaining about the dangers of fluoride to the people who will be drinking the water. Surely theose who would be poisoned will have the bottle to stand up for themselves if not for this man of honour.

or , is this just another example of how people just do as they are told?
Go on drink that poison people, its cheaper for you to drink it than it is for us to dispose of it.

S&F for you
S&F for him

Because of a thread on ATS outlining the dangers of fluoride, we researched the issue as a group of families. Upon investigation we decided that fluoride presented a serious danger to our health. We also uncovered some serious problems with the city water.

Upon compiling our research, we did what any good American would do, we tried the bureaucratic approach and went to city council. City council decided that they had to listen to our case and a week later we set all the facts down, only to hear city council explain that "this topic has been beaten to death, every time it comes up we get the same argument and the same conclusion, the water is safe."

We are all in the process of getting whole house filtration systems. At my house, we now have R/O water for drinking, no fluoride for us.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

I am both proud and disheartened at the same time from reading this.

On the one hand I was grinning from ear to ear seeing a fellow citizen step up and become proactive in trying to end this type of biological warfare that is being imposed upon us.

On the other hand, the end result almost identically mirrors what we are dealing with on a federal governmental level---People plugging their ears and going "la-la-la, we're not listening to you peons."

Thank you so much for trying. You are a testament to the fact that our current bureaucratic system is broken down at every concievable level, and that those at the top of each chain could not give a hoot about the masses they are supposed to be representing, clear down to their VERY HEALTH.

This is truly alarming and disgusting at the same time. We have a RIGHT to drink non-chemicalized water, despite what ANY of those in power try and tell us!

[edit on 17-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ever since I first learned of the dangers of fluoride, I wondered about these very people- the actual water treatment workers. Now, my guess would be that a majority of these water people just blindly follow instructions but I wonder how many silently object or likewise the number who actually defend and support fluoridation. Always been curious.

Great example of genuine integrity.
Thanks Mr. Demeny

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Our town didn't have flouride until about ten years ago. This year, my wife and the lady across the street both got breast cancer. The lady next door got facial cancer. You tell me. There are only four ladies on this street. The other one is on medication for arthritis and osteoporosis and is as old as dirt.

[edit on 12/17/2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Damn..done ltos of research on fluoride myself online, and have not read ONE good ting ever, outside of it preventing cavitys* guess the truth is, fluoride should be banned* Graham should not have been let go for pseaking up or even questioning things...in fact i belive graham deserves a promotion!
the poelp of that town should also question the citys mayor, goernor, water ssytem treatment manager, president evryone, to show thier concern why they (the city) feels threatened over some remaorks n words that semed full of truth.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

This is truly insane.

You are exactly right D D. No one in Government listens to, US, We the People.

I thought the same thing when I went to the water company to pay my bill.
These employees just do what they are told and dump fluoride into our water. As long as they are getting their paycheck.

I tend to question everything since I love learning, whatever it may be. I just don't get it with people, To find out what and why.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by PRS395]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
We are all in the process of getting whole house filtration systems. At my house, we now have R/O water for drinking, no fluoride for us.

What in the world is R/O water?

C'mon guys, not everyone is aware of every acronym that exists.

I use a water filter, but i am not so sure it filters out fluoride.

[edit on 17-12-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Thank you Gram for not being a murderer and a gul destine for hell, who ever took your job and pollutes the water with flouride is hell bound and his whole family is cursed forever. Flouride , mercury and aluminum are all in the same catogory neurotoxins.

posted on Dec, 17 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
R/O is Reverse Osmosis* They make them in countertop units, and for whole house units, installed at the water in line. They utilize generally between 3 to 6 filters depending on model to squeeze water through membranes, kinda like a cermaic filter, effectively eliminating 98% of EVERYTHING from the water. Problem is, they waste wae, you normaly get a gallon of water for every 3 wasted.Reveers osmosis stores filtered watr in a tank connected to it, whereas any other water filter syste, is ust a single plass carbon block or GAC ( granular activated charcoal) filter.
Reverse osmosis also removes minerals your body needs. SO in essence, reverse osmosis makes * distilled water*
Thier are waer distillers yo could buy, not as expensive as reverse osmosis systems, but smae principal applys, it removes pretty much everything from the water. OF course, you could substitute the mineral enigma with moneral pills* but wont be the same.
I myself right now, just use a 10 inch tall double filter carbon block system on kitchen sink, cause thats where i use the most water. I do use a shower filter, from Crystal quest, as in my online research is the closest you will comes inexpensivly. Someone else in another post, showed a website, a shower fitler exclusivly for reducing fluoride form shower, but at $188! kinda pricey*
The most economical and efficiant wayt o clean yuor water, before it goes through the entire home plumbing system, is to have fitlers set up at the inline* befoe the water gets to the hot water heater. MY sink fitler, i use a .5 to .2 micron carbon block, and 2nd housing i use activated alumina i belive it is..which half the media is rated at 600 gallons of fluoride removal, probably at 60% reduction, and the other half is GAC, claning up the water before making it to the activated alumina.
Activated alumina, is a newer technology, more or less, dsgined to capture fluoride, but its not 100% reverse osmosis will capture much more. It seesm the ONLY way to effectively remove fluoride, is that it is NOT introduced at all, to the water system in the first place. Fluroide is not easy at all, to remove from water.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Here's a question! Is Canberra's water supply fluoridated?

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Ah, i see.

Thanks for the heads up, and the info.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join