It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Andoya Rocket Range is not behind those mountains. It's not that far away, but it's not there. And they didn't launch any rockets today either. The article on their homepage which says that they've launced CaNoRock 1 "today" was actually from 26 Jan 2009. They launched that rocket almost a year ago.

If the phenomena was caused by a rocket, I believe it must be a Russian rocket launched from a submarine.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
"And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath..." (Acts 2:19).

Jesus personally taught that in addition to great earthquakes, famines, and pestilence, there would be "fearful sights and GREAT SIGNS shall there be from heaven."

"And there shall be signs in the SUN, and in the MOON, and in the STARS," (Luke 21:25).

Just adding a bit of religion to spice things up a bit.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is a portal....

Ancient civilazations knew of these and drew pictures of them.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by warlok
reply to post by SalkinVictory

I didn's say there wasn't any connection. It's just not right behind the hills/mountains, it's a little farther away..

I don't remember saying it was Right behind the mountains, I'm sorry if I did.

But, whether they are Right behind or farther away, they are still behind the mountains ^^ .

That's a good picture of it.

Anyways, we are not getting anywhere discussing whether the cloud is right behind, or farther away! ^^ .

I'm no expert, was just giving my opinion. Let's see what happens.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Does a rocket spinning out of control account for this visual effect?

If it does, then case solved. But I've never seen this before.

Actually there have been numerous reports of sky spirals from all over the world for decades, and they trace back to at least two different types of missile/space events. I'll get a list of URLs if anyone's interested -- it's surprising that nobody seems familiar with these articles.

First, Soviet-era (and now Russian) missile subs test fire SLBMs out of the Barents Sea, sometimes north to Novaya Zemlya, sometimes east towards Kamchatka. The final stage appears to routinely spin to achieve precise stabilization during its burn. No failure is involved.

Second, rocket stages once in orbit often dump excess propellant to avoid having it later explode and shatter the vehicle into a cloud of space junk. When the stage is tumbling, the vent makes a spiral. These have been seen over China, South America, even the US (where one of them sparked Dan Aykroyd's famous UFO non-witness story).

Lastly, of course, when a newspaper calls a rollodex of 'experts', they're happy to make practically any kind of authoritative statement off the tops of their heads -- we've all seen THAT happen innumerable times.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You know...I could probably shoot a trillion rockets and still not create a spiral so uniform and perfect...not to mention MASSIVE...and how do you explain the eerie looking trail coming from it?

Also...have you ever watched a contrail aircraft go through the sky?!? Did you ever happen to notice how the smoke quickly loses form after a short period of time...how is it that such a HUGE spiral of smoke or whatever can stay so perfect and unchanged...so many people have said their first thoughts were a photo-shop job...well there you go...isn't that proof enough that this isn't a natural phenomena such as a rocket spiraling out of control...that would look SO much different to what you are looking at here...this looks insanely weird and eerie...there's something about it that just doesn't look "natural"...

Originally posted by JimOberg

reply to post by OzWeatherman

Does a rocket spinning out of control account for this visual effect?

If it does, then case solved. But I've never seen this before.

Actually there have been numerous reports of sky spirals from all over the world for decades, and they trace back to at least two different types of missile/space events. I'll get a list of URLs if anyone's interested
Yeah...I'm interested...because I know what you show us will look nothing like this...there may be a spiral effect...but you won't get that PERFECT spiral effect...it just doesn't happen...especially not with smoke...

[edit on 9/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hey guys look at this and what I found here from November 2nd. THis isnt the first time, strange things have happened in Norway
naacal.blogspot.com...

link   
In my opinion..

It is some type of natural phenomnom (spelt that wrong :0) which i have no idea is the cause.

Or (this is my favourite)

It is some type of portal, stargate, and hopefully somethings has or is going to come through it.

link   
Could this not be some kind of new laser????? Or a ploy by the climate summit to create publicity towards climate change????? I hope for non of the above, let it be Aliens gearing up towards full contact….

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I don't understand the science of how a rocket could do this.

1) The black circle object.
2) The spiral effect.
3) The blue light emanating downwards.

I would love it if someone could explain.

Not that I am qualified but:

A. Rocket starts spinning out of control going downrange from view, causing the spiral.

B. Rocket then explodes, causing a circular explosion, leaving "blackness" in the center of explosion.

C. Part of rocket tumbles down to Earth causing the blue corkscrew looking contrail.

D. One of the Photo's I saw had a bright image (Crash) on the horizon with both of the other effects in the sky.

Pretty wild still.........

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It doesn't look unnatural to me. Did you watch the video? Did it ever occur to you this is a new fuel that was used? Maybe it's not smoke but a vapor trail from the malfunction of the rocket. I can almost guarantee it's a rocket though. You can even see the thrust as it's spiraling away until it explodes at the last final moment.

The first video has a blue tint. I don't know if that's vapor, smoke, or what but it may or may not have been artificially enhanced to see the smoke/vapor better.
www.vgtv.no...

This second video the rocket doesn't appear blue at all but it gives you an easy view of the smoke/vapor dissipating as it thrusts out of the back of the rocket.
www.vgtv.no...

[edit on 9-12-2009 by libertytoall]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I have seen this effect before. We have fired TOW missiles that have lost guidance and shot sky ward at night with fog in the area.

Here is two articles that help explain that this has happened before

www.csicop.org...

and

news.google.com...,46761 The story is on the 3rd page under mysterious glow is japanese rocket

I can't view pictures will at work, but can anyone else track these stories down to see if there are pictures relating to them.

The first one specifically talks about a moving spiral flying across the sky

[edit on 9-12-2009 by cavscout11cav]

link   
reply to post by SalkinVictory

True true, it's a little bit pointless

Second line..

link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Well there is a Canadian team there now and they are firing rockets all week.

While most Canadian students are preparing to face another school year, some are also preparing for takeoff. Four Canadian students chosen from a pool of applicants from the University of Alberta, the University of Calgary, and the University of Saskatchewan will attend a week-long intensive course offered by the University of Oslo from November 9­­-13, 2009 in sounding rockets and payload instrument design.
They’ll also launch their “small payloads,” a term which refers to a sounding rocket that isn’t as big as a full satellite, at the Andoya Rocket Range on an island in northern Norway.

thegatewayonline.ca...

link   
Numerous news websites are now reporting this as a failed missile test which would seem to back up the video of the spiraling object.

Please note that earlier in this thread it has already been established that some of the more "fantastic" looking pictures were taken at long exposure so at no point did the unknown phenomena resemble the impressive concentric circles with spirals.

Please also note the earleir post which highlights the proposed launch and date which correponds with what was seen.

In terms of "expert" comment please see the below taken from Norways Barents Observer:

Researcher at the Tromsø Geophysical Observatory Truls Lynne Hansen is certain that the light was caused by a missile launch:

- The missile has probably come out of control and exploded. The peculiar spiral shaped light pattern comes from reflection of the sin in the leaking fuel, he said to Aftenposten.

Spokesman in the Norwegian Defense Jon Espen Lien says that the Norwegian Defense does not know for sure what the light was, but that it probably was a Russian missile:

- It is quite normal that Russia uses the White Sea and the Barents Sea as testing grounds for weapons.

According to NRK, Arkhangelsk Radio sent out an advance warning about several missile launches from the White Sea in the period December 7-10.The warning included launches on the night to Wednesday. An anonymous source in the Northern Fleet told Norwegian news paper VG that they had no information about the incident. Press Attaché at Russia’s Embassy in Oslo Vladimir Isupov did neither have any that could explain the light phenomenon over Northern Norway.

Russia always deny failure relating to its millitary so I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect them to deny everything.

Anyone still with doubts needs to watch the vid ( also linked earlier in the thread) which shows what appears to be a rocket spiralling out of controll.

Interesting but nothing that cant be explained by Human intervention.

link   
wow that looks amazing!!

I live in north
maybe I'll get a glimpse of that
have to be on a skywatch 24/7 though
gotta go get VG now

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

So.....thats every day then....As far as im aware there is earth crustal displacement, visual phenomenom and death and pestalence everyday and there has been for the past 8000 years and more.

Hey I have a prediction....somewhere tomorrow there will be an earth quake......and every day until the end of time.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by SalkinVictory
I would love to have pictures of what is behind the mountains!

Just to see, since the funny cloud trail points there. Is it only me that thinks that is quite important?

last tme OK

Behind the mountains is the Andoya rocket range.
www.rocketrange.no...#
Even with pictures from the ground.

[SNIP] Did you even go to the site?? Let me save the people on here some trouble, i know it must be Mind Blwoingly Shocking to hear that Norway has a test rocket/missile site. Heres what they launched the other day (during the DAY) and you can clearly see this is not the cause.
Please everyone go to this website and look around, it is our responsability to root out what it is NOT!!! [SNIP]
Check it out for yourself, you think THIS made THAT???

www.rocketrange.no...

www.rocketrange.no...

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Courtesy is Mandatory

edit: rude comment / kj

[edit on 9/12/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
ok, I captured one frame from the video and enhanced it a little bit:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/366449a92506.jpg[/atsimg]

it does look like a 'cloudy' trail after all (symmetry on the photos was result of a long exposure)

watch the videos in thread

cheers

cmon people, pay attention and watch the videos... photo in OP is a result of long exposure

see what happened to rotating christmas tree when photographed with long exposure, same happened to the cloudy trail of the rocket

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/614526cd9a80.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by donhuangenaro]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jukiodone2

Please note that earlier in this thread it has already been established that some of the more "fantastic" looking pictures were taken at long exposure so at no point did the unknown phenomena resemble the impressive concentric circles with spirals.
Just how long was the exposure for Gods sake...that sounds a little hard to believe to me...has anyone checked the the properties of the photos to see what the exposure was actually set at?

EDIT: Also...how does a rocket explode but leave a black hole...and clearly not show any normal signs of an explosion...like a flash of light or something?

[edit on 9/12/09 by CHA0S]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join