It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jukiodone2

I referred to reports in VG.no which is a major mainstream newspaper in Norway: Meteorolgists ans astronomers are baffeled The article quotes meteorologists saying that they got reports from eyewitnesses covering this distance.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Theres over 30 pictures at this link

www.folkebladet.no...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by x2Strongx

MHO... It was a failed missile launch...
Nice try buddy...you have epically failed in finding a similar event...that photo doesn't even come close...it's spiraling smoke...just as you'd expect a smoke spiral to look...not a HUGE and mind-blowingly perfect spiral...

I'm starting to sound like a broken record and please dont take this the wrong way but the pic posted is in daylight, at a different distance with a different camera...

I dont need to stretch my imagination too much to see that at distance, at night and featuring a different rocket; that could look VERY SIMILAR

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

As posted earlier:

ZCZC FA79
031230 UTC DEC 09
COASTAL WARNING ARKHANGELSK 94
SOUTHERN PART WHITE SEA
1.ROCKET LAUNCHING 2300 07 DEC TO 0600 08 DEC
09 DC 0200 TO 0900 10 DEC 0100 TO 0900
NAVIGATION PROHIBITED IN AREA
65-12.6N 036-37.0E 65-37.2N 036-26.0E
66-12.3N 037-19.0E 66-04.0N 037-47.0E
66-03.0N 038-38.0E 66-06.5N 038-55.0E
65-11.0N 037-28.0E 65-12.1N 036-49.5E
THEN COASTAL LINE 65-12.2N 036-47.6E
2. CANCEL THIS MESSAGE 101000 DEC=
NNNN

Source

Can anyone translate this article?
www.altaposten.no...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Wow, this looks like something straight out of a sci fi movie. Communications? Portals? Hopefully the media won't debunk this one by themselves. This is no missile launch have some common sense and use your eyes.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The more I sit here and think about this I think it is strange that the US President is right there and nothing at all is being said on the news at all.

I would think if something unusual happened there they either know exactly what it is or why aren't the news people all over it.

The way the President is supposedly protected they would have him out of there in a flash I would think.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Epically failed?

Do I need to quote my post... I said it's my humble OPINION... that it's a failed missile launch. So far it's documented that this is what it is... I simply put a picture of a missile that went into a spiral... along with picture from an earlier post showing the phenomenon of a missile trail.

If you seen the video where is looks to me like a missile is in a spiral high up in the atmosphere.

Take it for what it is... it's my opinion on this subject matter. Not trying to debunk anything or slam anyone... unlike what you are doing.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by XyZeR

what did I do to offend you?

Please, stop this LHC nonsense... it's ridiculous!
You say things like that...I agree...it's probably got nothing to do with the LHC...BUT IT COULD DO...you have no idea and neither do I...IF it was caused by the LHC the physics behind it would be so mind boggling our brains would boil...yet you sit their arrogantly stating no such thing is possible and is absolutely ridiculous to even mention the idea...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I havent' gone through all the posts in this thread, so this may have been posted already..

Thought this was interesting:
StarGate Opens in Cosmic Burst of Love Over Norway

I know that there are a lot of far out things on that site, but it still is fun to read though.. Who knows, they might even be right! How fun would that be huh!?

But still; take it with a grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jukiodone2

Thank you for that post... I'm glad someone else can see the reasoning behind posting that picture.

Hey I would like to believe it is something out of this world that made it... but i think this phenomenon was man made.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just a thought here.....some people had mentioned failed rocket launches or other Russian Military activity. Another posted a vid about a UFO disappearing thru a wormhole, looking similar to the OP's photos.

Could the Russian Military perhaps be experimenting with some sort of blackhole/wormhole/hyperspace type devices???

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jukiodone2

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by x2Strongx

MHO... It was a failed missile launch...
Nice try buddy...you have epically failed in finding a similar event...that photo doesn't even come close...it's spiraling smoke...just as you'd expect a smoke spiral to look...not a HUGE and mind-blowingly perfect spiral...

I'm starting to sound like a broken record and please dont take this the wrong way but the pic posted is in daylight, at a different distance with a different camera...

Please answer this?

And what is the chance that people would have their camera preset on long exposure, or would set it immediately on long exposure before taking pictures, not knowing how long the phenomena would last?

And why does it show a perfect spiral from all angles? They say the event was viewed from Trøndelag to Finnmark, which is an area of at least 500 miles. Or am I missing something here?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Has anyone ever seen perfectly symetrical circles around an iluminated object in the sky before??

I saw some yesterday morning around a street light when it was foggy
The moon ( an illuminated object in the sky) tends to do this with certain cameras as demo'd in this pic

www.spacew.com...

Now if you take the residual refelction of the sun on the moon, the distance from earth and translate this to a proportianately brighter and closer object I think it would be a fair guess to say this effect could be created in the same way.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

People photographing in the dark use long exposures all the time.. Is that so strange?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by pilotx

Other pictures taken from other people show the perfect spiral as well.

yeah you're right I just found those pictures too. being overexposed probably brings out the 'fake' feeling I had at the start.

however, before people say 'there's lots of evidence' there really isn't in terms of the massive spiral. Very few photos (1 or 2 other) show the massive spiral on the picture that's over-exposed. the ones that did somewhat convince me show nothing as drastic as that original overexposed one.

*edit*

Originally posted by Moose318
Theres over 30 pictures at this link

www.folkebladet.no...

ok now there's better evidence of the massive spiral, thanks!

[edit on 9-12-2009 by pilotx]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If it was a missile launch I'm sure they would say they launched one, if they had nothing to hide.

It could be quite possibly a secretive test by the Russians. But to what aspect could this be harmful I wonder? It doesn't look harmful, it looks more calibrated than that.

Looking at the pictures something just doesn't add up..

[edit on 9-12-2009 by OpenYourHead]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jukiodone2
Has anyone ever seen perfectly symetrical circles around an iluminated object in the sky before??

I saw some yesterday morning around a street light when it was foggy
The moon ( an illuminated object in the sky) tends to do this with certain cameras as demo'd in this pic

www.spacew.com...

Now if you take the residual refelction of the sun on the moon, the distance from earth and translate this to a proportianately brighter and closer object I think it would be a fair guess to say this effect could be created in the same way.

Excepted that it is a SPIRAL !

Nice try, but... fail.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not sure if you were being facetious...

But here's a part translation:

"Bulava" lit up the morning sky? The Russian online publication Susanin have already mentioned on its website that the test launch of the relatively new "Bulava" missile was postponed until "early December". Problems with the intercontinental missiles led to delays in the launch.

Launch error in July to what we understand to have happened from the submarine "Dmitry Donskoy", and "Bulava" missile self-destruct under the first phase of launch.

The cause of the error will be failure in the control unit.

...final tests before launch will be carried on board the "Dmitry Donskoy". The submarine will be in late November / early December move from the base in Severodvinsk for testing in the White Sea...

www.altaposten.no...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by warlok

People photographing in the dark use long exposures all the time.. Is that so strange?
The fact that ALL these photos seem to have similar, or exactly the same exposure time is odd...yes...I just wish I was there to actually see it for real and know how big it actually was...but the real question is why are we only seeing one angle? We need more photos...

[edit on 9/12/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Could it be something truly unexplained! this looks so sc fi like. Having no scientific backround making a guess by observation guess i would say it looks like welll geez a black hole could this really be the supposed wormholes we have heard may exist. Another part of me wants to say HARRP type experiment but there would be other events photographed that were similar but ive never seen any pic of the sort.

We need a real scientific perspective, cause this could be a huge event if its more then just light refraction
i am truly stumped

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join