It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

There is evidence which suggests this is indeed a failed launch :

Prior warning of rocket launch in the exact area = Confirmed
Original photo is taken at long exposure= Partially Confirmed
Established testing site of Russian missiles= Confirmed

link   
I could see Obama being there for something like Project Bluebeam. It would be nice if we had people on his butt the whole time he was in that area.

Also on the first video is that airplane lights around the 18 sec. mark below and to the left.

I would think if that was a rocket as being suggested why would they have aircraft flying that close.

link   
To get an idea about the size of this object; there has been eyewitness reports coming in from Trondheim (south) to Kirkenes (North). That is the equivalent to something being seen in the sky from mid-Florida to New York (city). I meen, this is HUGE. And it's easy to miss the scale of it by looking at the photos alone...

Now, I believe it could be a combination of two things; a rocket and the EISCAT/HAARP.
Last year a project called NISSE (Nordic Ionospheric Sounding Rocket Seeding Experiment) was established in Kiruna, Sweden. This project was supposed to launch a rocket that would dump water 95km up into the ionosphere. Then they would use the EISCAT radar in Tromsø to study the effects.

Now, we know that the official "front" for the EISCAT/HAARP radar is to study the ionosphere and the aurora borealis (northern lights).

However the NISSE-project didn't launch anything today.

I believe that the EISCAT facility did something similar to NISSE, although on a grander scale. They launched a rocket to "seed" an electrmagnetic effect in the ionosphere (as predicted by NISSE), thus creating a hole in the electromagnetic field high up in the atmosphere. Then they "filled" that hole with their own "mix" of radiation...

I can't say for sure that this happened, but it could explain the mixed observations of the phenomenon. The blue vortex/beam was described as coming from the sky towards the ground by witnesses. Maybe as a result of "aurora" leaking through the hole created.

Just my two cents...

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Koyaanisqatsi]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
calling this thing a missle launch is absurd.

Why is calling this a missile launch absurd? Similar things have happened before. No two events are ever exactly the same.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jukiodone2

I've seen several pictures linked in this thread, obviously taken by different camera's showing the more "fantastic" spiral.

Photo 7,8 and 17 (in the below link) are very similar to the photo in the OP. Are they all long exposure?

www.nordlys.no...

And what is the chance that people would have their camera preset on long exposure, or would set it immediately on long exposure before taking pictures, not knowing how long the phenomena would last?

And why does it show a perfect spiral from all angles? They say the event was viewed from Trøndelag to Finnmark, which is an area of at least 500 miles. Or am I missing something here? Or are the vast majority of photo's taken from the same area?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

Originally posted by Moose318
READ THIS!!!!!!!!

NEW INFORMATION I FOUND!!!! COULD IT BE WHAT HAPPENED???
www.teilchen.at...
[edit on 9-12-2009 by Moose318]

Please, stop this LHC nonsense... it's ridiculous!
the LHC smashing together particles at record energies is not causing light phnenomena's more then 1000 km away from it's location...

How do you know? They say they can bend space/time continuum...

link   
reply to post by XyZeR

Please, stop this LHC nonsense... it's ridiculous!
the LHC smashing together particles at record energies is not causing light phnenomena's more then 1000 km away from it's location...
Yeah...because you obviously have a deep understanding of physics and reality...I'm sure you know everything my friend...I'll take your word for it...

link   
reply to post by eyeswilldeceive

That's the first thing that came to my mind

Spectacular phenomenon ... whatever it turns out o be. Also great to have a thread that has had some of the more expert amongst us scratching there heads.

Woody

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

And what is the chance that people would have their camera preset on long exposure, or would set it immediately on long exposure before taking pictures, not knowing how long the phenomena would last?

And why does it show a perfect spiral from all angles? They say the event was viewed from Trøndelag to Finnmark, which is an area of at least 500 miles. Or am I missing something here?
Heh...very good questions there...I also found it funny that everyone MUST have been taking photos from the same angle and with the same exposure time...yeah...right...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
When i first saw it i immediatly thought of Donnie Darko. IMO this is some sort of quantum mechanics or quantum physics phenomenon, for argument sake heres some wormhole information.

picture

thetechies.files.wordpress.com...

and website

images.google.ca...://thetechies.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/wormhole_graphic.jpg&imgrefurl=http://thetechies.wordpress.com/cat egory/black-hole/&usg=__DJr4FjhALwdP1X0PddRd6eMw3po=&h=294&w=450&sz=65&hl=en&start=3&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=yW6h-A0zUV81-M:&tbnh=83&tbnw=127&prev=/images%3 Fq%3DQuantum%2Bmechanics%2Bworm%2Bholes%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Koyaanisqatsi

I'd like to see evidence of people seeing whatever it was from the distance you quoted (no photos or vids seems a bit strange) as this would potentially addanother angle in terms of size.

link   
MHO... It was a failed missile launch...

link   

Originally posted by Daniem
HERE IS A VIDEO OF IT:

AND ANOTHER:

[edit on 9/12/2009 by Daniem]

The second vid shows it has circular rotation and forward spiral motion combined. A first hunch to me is saying technology of some kind. No way could it be a natuaral phenomenon in my opinion. The light it gives off appears to be of specific frequency like laser light or holography.. The spiral white radials in the still pictures being illuminated somehow is pretty strange.... To me it seems like a technological device of unknown origin.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If what you are suggesting is true I would like to know why all peoples on this Planet don't do something.

What gives these people the right to do the things they are attempting to do.

If we as a race of people don't wake up and get rid of/stop these people this Planet is worst off then I thought.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Maybe a pulse weapon of some kind but it still raises the question why such a device would be tested over a civilian population. I have never seen anything like it, The consistency of the spiral suggests something exotic to me but almost certainly terrestrial. Does anyone have video links to examples of similar phenomena, specifically the spiral effect?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jukiodone2
reply to post by TheCoffinman

There is evidence which suggests this is indeed a failed launch :

Prior warning of rocket launch in the exact area = Confirmed
Original photo is taken at long exposure= Partially Confirmed
Established testing site of Russian missiles= Confirmed

You know for the record saying "confirmed" does not constitute confirmation, please provide where you got the information that "confiremd" all the above?
Discussions like this always bug me, its like getting into a debate about string theory. They are untestable hypothesis, at this point you dont think Norway has its experts looking at this? Dont thinkt here are scientists all over the world lookign at this? If they have not come to a conclusion i think its asinine for anyone else to have. We DO NOT KNOW, lets keep the "this is obviously" statements somewhere else.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by antideceit

Deffo a technological device but of unknown origin??

The clue is in the documented MISSILE launch

Obviously we dont get to see stuff like this every day but come on guys this doesnt need to be "mysterious unknow origin" to make it interesting.

To the coffinman; The info I quoted is posted ( with sources) earlier in this thread...just re-read it.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by jukiodone2]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by jukiodone2]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Haven't read the entire thread, and forgive me if it's been asked already, but WTF is this doing in the "Fragile Earth" forum? Isn't it about something unidentified (which doesn't necessarily mean alien or otherwise unexplained), unconfirmed, and in the sky, whether it's flying or not? Take a wild guess as to what category of discussion this thread belongs.

It's positively not a rocket or missile launch. Deny ignorance. It seems about half the people on this site would scream "Chinese lantern!" or "a balloon!" if a bonafide spacecraft landed in Central Park (NYC).

Most sadly, this "civilization" isn't ready for Contact when (very apparently) most people here plainly can't handle any of the larger truths/facts, hence the very existence of secrecy-based governments. Too many need their wittle ol' hands held by Big Daddy Government to go potty. Aww, how cute...

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Dean Goldberry]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by x2Strongx

MHO... It was a failed missile launch...
Nice try buddy...you have epically failed in finding a similar event...that photo doesn't even come close...it's spiraling smoke...just as you'd expect a smoke spiral to look...not a HUGE and mind-blowingly perfect spiral...

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
READ THIS!!!!!!!!

NEW INFORMATION I FOUND!!!! COULD IT BE WHAT HAPPENED???
www.teilchen.at...
[edit on 9-12-2009 by Moose318]

How do you know? They say they can bend space/time continuum...

Please show me where "they" say this... you must have read some of the BS doomsday articles about the LHC by sensationalist "journalists"

Talk to a real scientist who works there.

Yeah...because you obviously have a deep understanding of physics and reality...I'm sure you know everything my friend...I'll take your word for it...

seesh...Hold your horses cowboy, where did I state that I know everything?
where did i say you have to take my word for it, i can post my opinion right?
what did i do to offend you?

I never did,or intended to, i just want people who are (clearly) uninformed about the LHC and seem to think it can "bend space/time continium" to inform themselves.

I've been mailing back and forth with a guy who works there, and he assures me the LHC could and never would create such phenomena.

All the sensationalist BS about the LHC is just pathetic.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by XyZeR]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by XyZeR]

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join