It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
I really shouldnt be telling you all this but screw national security ...we all die in the end and it cannot be prevented..

Can you say CERN?
public.web.cern.ch...

wow, who designs these logo's? you'd think with all the negative attention the project is receiving they would at least check their logo for demonic symbols.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Been checking in periodiocaly here just to see how far this thread is gonna go and all i can say is.....WOW!

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
double the fun

[edit on 11-12-2009 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by raj9721

Originally posted by superluminal11
I really shouldnt be telling you all this but screw national security ...we all die in the end and it cannot be prevented..

Can you say CERN?
public.web.cern.ch...

wow, who designs these logo's? you'd think with all the negative attention the project is receiving they would at least check their logo for demonic symbols.

i dont get how you come up with 666 automatically.

if anything it is more like 66666 lol

there are 2 circles and like 5 random lines comin our of them. I am all for theories and ideas, but isnt that a bit imaginative?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I can kind of see how a spiraling rocket perhaps could create the big spiral and why it seems like it's going counter clockwise. Let's suppose it was a rocket, which doesn't really explain the sudden disappearance of the large spiral, but if it were spinning in one spot the exhaust keeps pushing outward creating larger rings. It is still spinning clockwise, but following the from the center, it seems counterclockwise.

But, the rocket theory, I'm still not convinced.

Troy

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
it would be cool if we had more of a triangulation of videos, but it would seem that although the pictures were taken from several different areas, the general location of the rocket was in the same vector from all vantages...

Excellent point. But we don't yet know the cloud conditions in populated coastal areas south of the rocket's path [can somebody check, and report back?]; and also it was at or after sunrise in most of them.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
That rocket explanation is BS. Some of you might eat it up but I aint buying it.

If that's the case the question I'll be asking what the hell was a russian rocket doing on top of Norway?
What was the purpose of the Test flight?
I'm pretty danm sure that the media would have gotten a hold of a Russia ROCKET TEST.
When Iran, North Korea, China and India sent rockets it was all over the news.
Why didnt the U.S.(NORAD) confirm it was a rocket?

With all the paranoia of Nuclear weapons and terrorism nowdays ROCKET Experiments over Norway dont magically happen out of the blue.

I would buy the Idea of the Hydron Collider malfunctioning and opening a worm holes.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by magestyk7]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by magestyk7

The missile was not on top of Norway, it flew away from Norway. The test was of a new missile which is apparently still having some problems. The test was to see if they got it right this time. They didn't.

Did you hear a lot from NORAD about the North Korean tests? The Iranian tests? The Chinese tests? The rest?
No?
I didn't think so. See, North Korea, Iran, and the rest announced to the world that they were going to do the tests. So did Russia. We didn't need NORAD to tell us about them.

[edit on 12/11/2009 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

How do you explain that?

Ministry of Defense of Russia confirmed the unsuccessful launch of an intercontinental ballistic missile sea-based Bulava", reports" Interfax "referring to the press-service agencies. 12-th in a row missile launch was carried on board the nuclear submarine Dmitry Donskoy ". During the flight, the Bulava was recorded unstable engines in the third stage.

As clarifies the ITAR-TASS, the launch of the Bulava was fired from a submarine in the White Sea. According to the Ministry of Defense, the first two stages of the rocket worked in normal mode, but the third stage of the rocket has failed.

translate.google.com...

So what information we have from these reports:

1. "Bulava" was fired from Kandalaksha gulf in the White Sea towards Pacific Ocean near Kamchatka in the Far East of Russia, i.e. in the opposite direction than Tromso, Norway.

2. Distance between Kandalaksha Gulf and Tromso is about 500 km, see map:

3. Two stages of the rocket worked normally, only the third stage has failed. So the rocket has already made some 1000 km or more towards Kamchatka AWAY from Norway when the failure occured.

4. Even if the rocket has failed immediately after its start, you could not see its failure 500 km away due to the curvature of Earth.

5. Why where are no reports from Finland, which was much closer to the rocket firing site than Norway?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

The first part of the trajectory is mostly vertical to escape the atmosphere as soon as possible. You have no way of knowing how far downrange the missile was when it was seen.

Maybe they sleep late in Finland. Maybe it was cloudy in Finland or maybe the sun was too high in the sky. Why not find out?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Reports and photos area emerging from Hammerfest, Norway that claim the similar phenomenon has occurred on November 2, that is more than a month BEFORE the firing of Bulava:

www.yr.no...

[edit on 11-12-2009 by ahemot]

[edit on 11-12-2009 by ahemot]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ahemot

maybe the sun was too high in the sky. Why not find out?

I do not see the sun anywhere in the photos and video. I know that in polar regions on Norway the sun can still remain in the sky at night, but I think this happens in summer, but not in winter.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Ah, good to see the Great Old Ones showing up for Obama's prize ceremony. Glad those crazy elder gods still have a say in the world.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

In the morning rush hour, at 07.47, showed the special phenomenon in the sky. It is described as a glowing ball in the sky, which rotated and "thrown out" luminous rings

The Sun rises in Finland before it rises in Norway.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

Not sure this is the exact date, but looks as if they started CERN back up on 1-Nov

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

Thanks for that link.

Mysterious lights were Russian rocket

www.yr.no...

Goog le translation

www.silobreaker.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by ahemot

In the morning rush hour, at 07.47, showed the special phenomenon in the sky. It is described as a glowing ball in the sky, which rotated and "thrown out" luminous rings

The Sun rises in Finland before it rises in Norway.

Sunrise time in Tromso, Norway:
Dec 9, 2009 Down all day
www.timeanddate.com...

Sunrise time in Rovaniemi, Northern Finland:
Dec 9, 2009 10:43 AM
www.timeanddate.com...

There is a POLAR NIGHT in Tromso. And in Northern Finland the sun has risen only three hours AFTER the phenomenon.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ahemot

Ok. The Sun wasn't up. Maybe it was cloudy.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot

reply to post by ahemot

maybe the sun was too high in the sky. Why not find out?

I do not see the sun anywhere in the photos and video. I know that in polar regions on Norway the sun can still remain in the sky at night, but I think this happens in summer, but not in winter.

"I think" is useless as evidence, even to yourself, despite how easy it is to dream up convenient factoids.

Northern Finland isn't the issue -- seek out more densely populated areas closer to the missile path.

Arkhangelsk, for example, was experiencing sunrise just as the rocket fly-past occurred.

... and check local met office records for cloud cover and pre-dawn fog.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot
Sunrise time in Tromso, Norway:
Dec 9, 2009 Down all day
www.timeanddate.com...

There is a POLAR NIGHT in Tromso. And in Northern Finland the sun has risen only three hours AFTER the phenomenon.

Not so fast. Check out heavens_above.com to see how bright it was:

Event Time Altitude Azimuth
Astronomical twilight starts: 06:18 -18.0° 108°
Nautical twilight starts: 07:36 -12.0° 125°
Civil twilight starts: 09:17 -6.0° 148°
Sunrise: --:--
Sunset: --:--
Civil twilight ends: 13:56 -6.0° 212°
Nautical twilight ends: 15:38 -12.0° 235°
Astronomical twilight ends: 16:55 -18.0° 252°

Maximum altitude: 11:37 -2.7° 180°
Minimum altitude: 23:38 -43.4° 0°

www.heavens-above.com...

Definition of "civil twilight"

The time after sunset and before sunrise when the Sun is below the horizon but not more than 6° below it. During civil twilight, the sky is still quite bright and only the very brightest stars and satellites can be seen.
In some countries, the end of evening civil twilight is also referred to as "lighting up time".

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join