It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 105
<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga
Well.. We have a bit of a paradox on our hands. First, we don't know what it is. The most "logical" explanation seems to be that it was a russian rocket, but no country nearby says it was their rocket.. And now, we have two options.

- They are lying and are simply conducting secret experiments, maybe illegal, maybe not. But in any case, anything the public should not know about..
- They are speaking the truth, and we are dealing with an extraordinary phenomenon that can/might be a danger to us.

Which case do you prefer? I prefer neither... But the thing happened. So, in any case, we might be in trouble.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by vasaga]

Actually, if it really was a Russian missile, we are safe. Appears the Russians cant fire a missile properly if their life depended on it

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
So.....russians say they did it and we believe them just like that, you only need somebody who raises his hand and thats it. Just because they tell you that it means that is the true. No explanatios, no evidence, no nothing. Are we that easy?

What gives you a reason not to believe them? The rocket explanation was proposed before the official explanation.
And it was explained here how the whole thing happened. There's even a simulation on youtube that shows how this can happen.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot

Honestly. Do you think you would get the flight data of a Russian military rocket test. From the Russians?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

Finnish military or civil aviation authorities could provide such data. According to the "rocket theory", the rocket should have crossed Finnish air space. However, there are no such reports from Finland. NOBODY SAW IT IN FINLAND. Maybe the rocket dematerialized at launch in Russia's White Sea and then materialized in Norway without crossing Finland?

i havent heard that our radars would of picked something up,
they usually inform if something out of the ordinary would of been picked up on screen , so no sightings here as far as i know and no radar contact!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Honest to goodness people.
It's been explained, it's been shown what it was and how it happened and yet some people still want to believe this is some event of paranormal proportions?

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

LOL, it is so utterly frustrating to watch people cling to their pathos.

ah well, I can really understand why many of these "hacks" do so well and make such a great living off of soft minded individuals such as those who are all too often found lounging in sites like this one waiting for some new led reflection inspire them into writing paragraphs about green men, god and hybrid monkeys ruling a world.
I mean

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
USAF Space/Missile relative I mentioned in a pp (around page 60) got a chance to check it out in detail finally. This is his reply:

That looks too fast to be due to an exhaust plume dissipating. If it happened close after sunset or if the spiral was at a very high altitude it could be due to the shadow of the earth sweeping across a cone shaped spiral if the point of the spiral was lower than the wide end. The shadow moves around 2000 miles per hour so it could cross a pretty large distance in a few seconds. The spiral shape could be caused by a rocket with the nozzle stuck at an angle. The rocket would cartwheel in a widening circle while still moving along its original path. That would give you the cone shaped spiral.

Or it was a UFO leaving via wormhole.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Absolutely stunning! I can only speculate what it might be.

If it is a rocket test gone wrong, then that's one expensive firework! But worth it.

Originally posted by TallWhites
Actually, if it really was a Russian missile, we are safe.

Well, Obama's not...

[edit on 11/12/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Honestly. Do you think you would get the flight data of a Russian military rocket test. From the Russians?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

Finnish military or civil aviation authorities could provide such data. According to the "rocket theory", the rocket should have crossed Finnish air space. However, there are no such reports from Finland. NOBODY SAW IT IN FINLAND. Maybe the rocket dematerialized at launch in Russia's White Sea and then materialized in Norway without crossing Finland?

And maybe you haven't read or understood half a dozen recent posts which explain how the missile story has the rocket blasting off from the White Sea, exactly where the russians warned it would, and heading east towards the Kamchatka impact zone.

east.

AWAY from Finland.

Get out your 'Risk' board and re-learn basic Eurasian geography before making yourself sound foolish again in front of friends.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by wtfhuh
I dont think its a rocket.

I THINK I FIGURED IT OUT.

EISCAT is located right next to Tromso. EISCAT is very similiar to HAARP ( I think its even more powerful than HAARP).

en.wikipedia.org...

Proximity of EISCAT to Tromso ( where photo was taken), is only about 4 MILES.

maps.google.ca...,19.224617&sspn=5.42951,30.300293&ie=UTF8&hq=EISCAT&hnear=EISCAT,+9020+ Troms%C3%B8,+Norway&t=h&ll=69.676413,19.25354&spn=2.699119,15.150146&z=7

The location of the blue beam is EXACTLY where EISCAT is in relation to town.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by wtfhuh]

Bingo!
I think you're right, man.
if it is not some cosmic phenomena....

but if it is not cosmic,....

Id put my money (that i dont have), on you and patmac.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

"I think" is useless as evidence, even to yourself, despite how easy it is to dream up convenient factoids.

It was only a polite way to say that a person was wrong. Evidence was presented in my post. You of course can still claim that the phenomenon has occurred in broad daylight, while everyone can go to the photos and videos and see for themselves, that it was at night.

No disagreement. It was still dark in Tromso, but the city was not in 'polar night', it got quite bright for quite a lot of hours soon afterwards....

The question is a good one -- why haven't reports come in from other places in Finland and northern Russia, as they do for some other rocket/missile events?

The proposed answers so far:

1. There are Russian reports but they have been squelched for military security reasons.

2. Other cities were clouded over or fogged in at dawn (100% humidity reported in some Finnish cities).

3. Sky was much brighter farther to the east -- sunrise had actually just been occurring in Arkhangelsk, for example -- rendering the light show much less visible, if visible at all.

Too bad people didn't look up the downrange local weather stations on the day of launch. It may be a little harder to get 'old' wx data now.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by JimOberg]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Has it been established yet (sorry haven't been able to read all 2k+ posts) why, if a rocket launch, the point of origin on the ground remains illuminated (as if by fire) in many of the shots ?

Take the OP image taken with long exposure. In order to capture the bright area on the ground caused by a launch, the photographer must have known the launch was to take place and which trajectory it would follow. Or am I missing something ?

Edit to correct spelling.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by fieldfly]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hi! After thinking about this photo for two days I feel it is disturbing. First off it reminds me of the Van Gogh Paintings, Al Gore's errie smoke stack on his dvd movie "An Inconvient Truth," it is reminesant of the Celtic Art work, and it definitely looks like several spiral crop circles last summer! Secondly, the cloud spiral does not look natural. If the Russians created it with a missle then I would say I would not believe it unless I saw it happen live. Do it again for live T.V. Maybe the Russians test missles there to cover up this phenonmen. I believe the worm hole theory because it looks just as exactly as the crop circles depict, and my intuition believes in the cirlces and this definitely fits it. I saw two lights move in the sky this spring, so this is not hard to immagine it being ET created. My
neighbor said she saw a UFO driving across Lake Murray dam in South Carolin, it was looking at the dam. She is definely a solid mature person. Don't be so quick to take someone else's opinion, unless you see it for yourself. I know my children go for the man made opinion because it gives them stability and they can dimiss it from their minds, it fits their comfort zone.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Hi! After thinking about this photo for two days I feel it is disturbing. First off it reminds me of the Van Gogh Paintings, Al Gore's errie smoke stack on his dvd movie "An Inconvient Truth," it is reminesant of the Celtic Art work, and it definitely looks like several spiral crop circles last summer! Secondly, the cloud spiral does not look natural. If the Russians created it with a missle then I would say I would not believe it unless I saw it happen live. Do it again for live T.V. Maybe the Russians test missles there to cover up this phenonmen. I believe the worm hole theory because it looks just as exactly as the crop circles depict, and my intuition believes in the cirlces and this definitely fits it. I saw two lights move in the sky this spring, so this is not hard to immagine it being ET created. My
neighbor said she saw a UFO driving across Lake Murray dam in South Carolin, it was looking at the dam. She is definely a solid mature person. Don't be so quick to take someone else's opinion, unless you see it for yourself. I know my children go for the man made opinion because it gives them stability and they can dimiss it from their minds, it fits their comfort zone.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

How did it go on NBC last night? Unfortunately, I didn't get out of work until late so I missed it... If there is a youtube video of it, I'm sure a lot of people would find it interesting here...

Okay... I'm awake now. I see the discussion still hasn't gotten past the... It's a Wormhole, LHC, UFO theory. Will be watching this thread for entertainment value. Now I now why the government thinks they can control the people because of the limited intelligence. Maybe this is what movies has done to us and quite possibly why educators promote immagination! Hmmm... another conspiracy *Scratching Chin*

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
If it is a rocket it would be recorded on radar some place (airport) has anyone seen anything reported.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rrice

Dont bother let them be influenced mabey its better that way. It helps identify the weak and who are the open minded, actually a great tool. Its swamp gas man SMMFH.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

I know beilievers go for the Flying-Spaghettimonster opinion because it gives them stability and they can dimiss man made theory from their minds, it fits their comfort zone.

Which is more plausible? A fantasy or something that can.. has been explained and confirmed by authorities?

Compare the first two images:

Originally posted by x2Strongx
Norway photo...

Other Missile Photos...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f27fc5514868.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3235ed8082f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rrice
If it is a rocket it would be recorded on radar some place (airport) has anyone seen anything reported.

GOOOOOD Question.....

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Like I say to my husband who lets himself get embroiled in arguments with the chillens over the stupidest things

"Don't argue with them! Tell them what is what, be sure you are right, leave the room"

Reminds me of when I was a school teacher and daily you'd hear this in the playground:

"Didn't"
"Did"
"Didn't"
"Did too"
"Did not!"
"Did did did times 100 jinx if you speak"
"Didn't"
"Miiiiissss!!?"

*yawn*

[edit on 11-12-2009 by yzzyUK]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Norway Cloud Spiral - Simulation of possible explanation...

Seems logic...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Remember that video I posted last night of a rocket-looking UFO seen from Chelyabinsk the day AFTER the Norway apparition?

Now lookie here:

ICBM Topol Hits Hypothetical Target At Kazakh Firing Ground
Moscow ITAR-TASS in English 1508 GMT 10 Dec 09
MOSCOW, December 10 (Itar-Tass) -- The warhead of the intercontinental ballistic missile Topol, which was test-launched at 15.35 Moscow time on Thursday from the firing ground Kapustin Yar, hit the hypothetical target at the firing ground Sary-Shagan in Kazakhstan. "The missile warhead hit the hypothetical target with the set accuracy at the firing ground Sary-Shagan," spokesman for the Strategic Missile Troops Col. Vadim Koval told Itar-Tass.
"The test-launch aimed to verify the stability of the major flight technical characteristics of missiles of this class for the period of extended service lives, the practice of the measurement equipment of various types at the measurement complexes for the interests of the Russian Armed Forces, a regular testing of the combat equipment of intercontinental ballistic missiles," Koval specified.
"The test-launch of the intercontinental ballistic missile RS-12M Topol, which was brought into service 20 years ago, confirmed that the previous decisions were correct. The test-launch tasks were fulfilled completely. It is noteworthy that the firing ground Kapustin Yar is a unique site for testing the combat equipment of ballistic missiles. Only its test ranges and the measurement complex at the firing ground make it possible to test promising combat equipment in the whole scope of targeting conditions," Koval noted.
"Estimating the actions of missile men and the staff of the firing ground, Commander of the Strategic Missile Troops Lieut. Gen. Andrei Shvaichenko noted their high level of training and professionalism," Koval pointed out.
The December 10 test-launch is the 3rd one in the Strategic Missile Troops in 2009. On April 10 an intercontinental ballistic missile RS-12M was successfully test-launched from the Plesetsk spaceport. This test-launch confirmed an opportunity to extend the service life of missiles Topol to 22 years. "The forecast evaluation of reliability and technical state of intercontinental ballistic missiles Topol points to an opportunity to extend the Topol service life to over 22 years," spokesman said.
On July 29, the intercontinental ballistic missile RS-20 was successfully test-launched from the Baikonur spaceport and put into the near-earth orbit six satellites. This test-launch verified the technical reliability of similar missiles on combat duty.
The mobile intercontinental ballistic missile Topol is a 3-stage and solid-fuelled missile. The missile was designed at the Moscow Thermo-Technical Institute. The first test-launch was made on February 8, 1983 from the Plesetsk spaceport. The first Topol missile regiment was put on combat duty in 1985. The maximum shooting distance is 10,000 kilometers. The launch weight is 45 tonnes and the weight of the mono-block warhead is one tonne.

top topics

<< 102  103  104    106  107  108 >>

join