It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 103
<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This thread is amazing, and I'm sorry I haven't read many of the responses yet.....

But a friend just sent me THIS - 128.122.253.144...

....and theorizes that it could be related..... An ancient cave painting.

And this he sent me THIS one - www.flickr.com...

....and said it's made by the Aboriginees.

Did ancient civilizations ever see spirals like this in the sky??

EDIT:
www.gettyimages.com...
And he just sent me this one....

And this one...
www.gettyimages.com...

He thinks this is something that happened before.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

"I think" is useless as evidence, even to yourself, despite how easy it is to dream up convenient factoids.

It was only a polite way to say that a person was wrong. Evidence was presented in my post. You of course can still claim that the phenomenon has occurred in broad daylight, while everyone can go to the photos and videos and see for themselves, that it was at night.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
This thread is amazing, and I'm sorry I haven't read many of the responses yet.....

But a friend just sent me THIS - 128.122.253.144...

....and theorizes that it could be related..... An ancient cave painting.

And this he sent me THIS one - www.flickr.com...

....and said it's made by the Aboriginees.

Did ancient civilizations ever see spirals like this in the sky??

EDIT:
www.gettyimages.com...
And he just sent me this one....

And this one...
www.gettyimages.com...

He thinks this is something that happened before.

so Russians were testing bulavas in ancient times allready ?

no seriously Great find flag for you!!! this is getting more interesting every minute!
Cheers!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
OK he is keeping the links coming. LOL

Here is one that was painted by the Ancient Native Americans....
www.gettyimages.com...

I have no idea what is going on.... I guess people are still not buying up the official story!

I am totally fascinated by the pictures and videos.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
At THIS site:
www.mythicalireland.com...
A little lower than half way down is another ancient spiral.

It reads:

A spiral carved on a chamberstone at Fourknocks. The spiral is a universal symbol at the ancient stone sites, and can be found in abundance in the Boyne Valley passages, especially Dowth, Knowth and Newgrange.

The spiral seems so common in ancient art. I wonder if it was just pretty and easy to paint, or something...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Well imho people back then usually painted stuff they saw and experienced,

like cave paintings mostly animals,humans ,hunting, battles etc...

i personally think these have been seen before in history just too coinsidental otherwise!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hi Guys ,

Dunno if anybody saw (in between looking for mathematical correlations in spirals) but Pavel Felgenhauer who's a former Russian defence analyst, scientist and now defence correpsondant for a Moscow paper has waded in with his views.

He seems to intonate that Moscow knows full well what it was and it was indeed a failed missile launch.

Expect official confirmation never

Can you lot get back to answering the questions that count ..current one I'm scratching my head about is how Monkeys came to be in South Amercia??

[edit on 11-12-2009 by jukiodone2]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

This phenomenon was visualized not only in cave wall painting, but also in middle ages.

See "The Annunciation, with Saint Emidius, 1486":

To me, the similarity is striking.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
It's been proven it was a missile from Russia, stop googling "spiral ancient time drawings" and posting us the links.

There is no connection to some mega worm hole alien mother ship that went back in time so we can draw pictures.

I'm sorry.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teki187
It's been proven it was a missile from Russia, stop googling "spiral ancient time drawings" and posting us the links.

There is no connection to some mega worm hole alien mother ship that went back in time so we can draw pictures.

I'm sorry.

It has not been proven until we can see rocket flight data and radar data confirming the rocket theory.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahemot
It has not been proven until we can see rocket flight data and radar data confirming the rocket theory.

I totally agree with you ahemot, the flight data has to be matched first, don't jump the gun and just say the rocket theory is confirmed. I think some people are just too complacent and easily pleased.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Sorry, but countless pictures were posted last night showing what a ballistic missile looks like - the correlation is striking and identical. Russia is not like the United States, if it was UFO related - the authorities would announce it.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Sorry, but countless pictures were posted last night showing what a ballistic missile looks like - the correlation is striking and identical. Russia is not like the United States, if it was UFO related - the authorities would announce it.

I saw those pictures too, and they were very different from these photos from Norway.

I would not comment on your second statement, because it is very naive and just laughable.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I'm sorry.

Honestly. Do you think you would get the flight data of a Russian military rocket test. From the Russians?

The only way your going to get that is if Russia gives it to the press.

The reason the Norwegian military took a whole day to admit it was a rocket test was because they didn't want us to know how they knew.

That means they didn't want to reveal what kind of equipment they have to authenticate this rocket test and what channels they use to get their information about it.

EDIT.
There is nothing odd about this at all. Its a strategic tack tick to not give away your source of authenticating. The less the other side knows about your sensors and sources the better it is.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Posted today on the MUFON site, case# 20937.
After watching the Norway lights on MSNBC, the person filling the report describes seeing something like the blue trail proceded by a red burst over the Great salt lake erea on 7-31-09. Not sure if there is any connection, Just trying to connect the dots if there is any!!
Something must have caught the reporters eye when watching the MSNBC coverage of the Norway lights to file a report 5 months later. Just my 2 cents!!! PEACE.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I'm sorry.

You do understand that if they want this to be considered a failed missile launch the data will be "adjusted" accordingly to fit that theory . Right ? So I would not get my hopes up about any data that will come out .

I have thought about this for some time and my opinion is that it IS a rocket , but I am not entirely convinced that it was a "failed attempt" . I lean more towards the opinion that they did test something and that everything went more or less according to plan
The Russians do not admit to a failed weapons test within a day of it happening , that is just no the way their mentality works , so I conclude that the "failed " was a cover up for the real test that was performed

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
When I went to bed last night we were on 95 pages and I haven't caught up yet, so please forgive me if someone else picked this point up.

And I really am just thinking out loud here, but ...

If the spiral over Norway was the result of a failed rocket/missile launch 400+km away, in the White Sea ... are there reports/photographs/video etc from anywhere else along that path ?

Or was the spiral only seen in that one comparitively small area of Norway ?

If so, is this normal behaviour for a failed launch ?

Woody

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
deleted double post

[edit on 11-12-2009 by woodwytch]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
What I would like to know is where the source of the footage and photos are from... Then maybe we can come to some sort of conclusion from that!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I have thought about this for some time and my opinion is that it IS a rocket , but I am not entirely convinced that it was a "failed attempt"

I'm in complete agreement with you that this most likely was a SUCCESSFUL missile test of either a defensive OR offensive weapons systems ... naturally to divert attention it was proclaimed as a FAILED launch.

For a supposedly out of control and failed launch, the visible effects were far from random and chaotic as would be expected from a misbehaving missile. Especially towards the end when the black "hole" appears at the centre of the spiral and then expands OUTWARDS ... if this was simply rocket exhaust that started to dissipate, then one assumes it would dissipate from the outside, then inwards towards the centre ... the outside material (exhaust/fuel material) would be older than the inner material and therefore the 1st to dissipate.

Everything about the visual effects looked to perfect and symmetrical to be explained by a wayward, tumbling/rotating out of control rocket.

Simple conclusion ... SUCCESSFUL test of whatever ... followed by disinformation that it was yet another failed test in the series.

The Russians have some new technology and are testing it !

new topics

top topics

<< 100  101  102    104  105  106 >>

join