It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular Phenomena In The Sky. What Is It?

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
[

peace

Read through the previous 98 pages

It definatley was "really real", but nobody can seem to agree on what it was. Some people are buying the official "it was a rocket" explination, and some aren't so quick to eat that up.

[edit on 10-12-2009 by Blender]

I think you are talking about the first OP pictures?

You should read my 1 post as i mentioned the water im sure?

As im talking about this older picture that is reflecting in the water.

Did you read the 98 pages? Of mostly drivel i have to add, sorry

The people who control the masses also control the media as that is a good way to control the sheeple as they are all so pliable, mentally.

If it was on the news that say 2000m under the atlantic there was a sunken giza size pyramid of gold and all they had was some grainy pictures then because you cant go there to see it (general public) then you have to believe it on faith, or that you have seen a picture of it.

Thats maybe not the best example as the pyramid would stay there and someone could visit the site but you see what i mean.

Is there someone on this thread who witnessed this event?????

If so then can the original photo get inspected, the photo with the lake in it i am talking about, and if not then i will say I find it to look well suspect.

peace

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TallWhites

Not only should it have lingered for quite a while,

Why? No air to slow it's centripetal momentum.

the spiral is a little too perfectly spiralled for my liking. If it were a failed missile it wouldnt have that perfect tight spiral, it would give an out of control appearance.

At what level of "out of control" would the spiral appear less perfect? and the term "out of control can have many meanings in this context.

for example: you are flying a radio controlled airplane.
The battery in your handheld transmitter completely fails. Now, from your perspective the airplane is now out of your control. But to a passerby, the plane continues it's straight and level flight.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I keep watching the video at: www.vgtv.no...

I have the following questions and observations. If somebody explained it before I'd appreciate a link. I'm not able to go through all pages.

1. It looks like a giant "blueish" spot light is illuminating the spiral. It is not the rocket trace. Its fade-out is in sync with the spiral.

2. If it's a fuel leak that's causing this perfect spiral why does it start disappearing from the inside out, leaving a "black hole"? The inside would contain the "newest" material, that should be absorbed last.

3. What is the actual light source? If the sun is illuminating the spiral why does it fade so abruptly?

I'm looking forward to your explanations.

Best,

N

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Okay, now the Russian confirmed that their rocket containing TEN NUCLEAR MISSILES failed and that billions of dollars was flushed down the toilet.

Is it just me or are the general population overlooking the general crime here?

The Russians just got caught with a rocket containing TEN NUKES over Norway while Barrack H. Obama was in Oslo, Norway!

Ten Nuclear Russian Warheads over the top of America's Presidents head and everyone is getting on as if everything is normal?

The most ironic news story

Snippet from Ironic News story
:

The president said we will now take concrete steps toward a nuclear weapons-free world. To end Cold War thinking, we will reduce the role of nuclear weapons in our national security strategy. We will negotiate a new Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty with the Russians and seek to extend this worldwide. This particular Nobel Peace Prize underscores our duty to ensure the new START is a real start toward reducing every nation’s nuclear stockpile to under a thousand.

Spiral or not, 10 nukes on Obamas head and everyone in the entire world are not reacting to this. They are happy to accept that "Ohhhh ok, it's not a UFO its just a rocket". What the hell? YES its a rocket! Start questioning this ACT OF WAR!

People are so damn blind.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that I actually don't believe it was a rocket, this is a phenomena.

[edit on 10/12/2009 by the_denv]

[edit on 10/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blender

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by TallWhites

You've seen a lot of black holes, have you? I have to ask, if this was a small one what's a big one look like?

Speaking of the "black hole" that wipes the sky clean of the spiral, any ideas? Meaning, why did the spiral basically dissapear from the inside out, in a matter of seconds?

If the spiral was in fact in the upper atmosphere, with no wind, shouldn't it have lingered for quite a while, and slowly fade away, as oppsed to suddenly vanishing as if it was sucked up with a vaccum?

I've asked this question two or three times throughout this topic, and I haven't even gotten an attempt at an explination yet. Not even from you, mighty Phage.

To expand on Phage's water sprinkler analogy,

the fuel/vapor which makes up the spiral can be thought of as water drops out in space, being flung outwards by the rocket and it's rotation (and the vacuum of space!).

They don't linger like smaller droplets would lower down in the atmosphere (due to air resistance), but because they are in space, they literally "shoot off" and keep going in the same direction.

Once the fuel/tank is burnt/empty, the particles that were obscuring the dark sky behind are no longer there, so we see the cloud (spiral) continue to expand, but with a rapidly expanding "black hole" at the center.

Did you not watch this simulation?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

It fades out from the center because the liquid is being jettisoned from the center of the spiral (rocket) outward. Once the liquid is all gone, it continues to move outward and appears to create a hole from the center outward.

There was a video that explained this quite well.

I'm also assuming that the "tight" spiral is being displayed because there is a leak from two locations... the rear of the rocket and the side simultaneously.

Imagine it like a Peyton Manning football throw... Not a perfect spiral, but close enough to still fly quite well... it wobbles... but it is a controlled wobble. If you were to see water droplets flying off the back of one of his throws, in say a vacuum, you would see a spiral of droplets.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

I have the same question and can't come up with an explanation. I hope somebody can.

Best,

N

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I dont know if this approach has been taken yet, i only read to page 30 or so...

but lets look at the available clues?

First and most obviously not obvious is the trail that leads to the mountain. this does not mean necessarily behind the mountain, we are looking at the curve of a sphere (atmosphere) and would appear to originate from the earth even if it didnt necessarily.

What the trail does tell us is that this object was fairly high in the atmosphere well before it crested the mountain. The trail has a cirrus appearance and is refracting the sunlight from over the horizon in a way that ice crystals do. so the object would have to encounter a cold atmosphere, cold enough to freeze the exhaust.

my proffesional oppinion (i am a meteorologist) would place this object above 20k feet, but below 50k feet.

i understand that this is a large gap, but hey we are gonna narrow it down as best as i can with what i got.

ok now lets look at the distortion of the trail by the upperlevel winds. there is a minor warping and would suggest that the winds at that altitude were not that heavy. this rules out 18-25k feet at that long. because that is where you would find the highest winds. but there ARE winds... (mind you this is all from the hip...)

the atmosphere that far north is not as "tall" as it is for us mid lats folks in the US and 50k feet is waaay up there.

i suggest that with that evidence the trail is probable around 35-40k feet altitude, definately in the atmosphere and not in space.

next, the blue spiral.

What gases do we know that are: 1 heavy enough to stay in the "spiral" form, and what gases do we know that have a blue signature?

well the big threee that i can think of are nitrogen, hydrogen, and methane.

we could assume that nitrogen is out of the picture considering that the atmophere is mostly nitrogen, and it wouldnt make sense for the spiral to be so defined if you were releasing nitrogen into a nitrogen rich system... unless we aer talking about a liquid fuel that is being expelled from the rocket itself...

this is a toughy!

i would say that if it was a rocket, they were probably using some sort of liquid oxygen and nitrogen compound. this could produce the bluish hue that we had seen, if not a rocket, it would suggest that whatever it is was definately expelling some sort of gas or pressurised liquid, and and either a nitrogen or hydrogen rich compound to boot.

lastly the spiral.

in order for a rocket to produce such a primo spiral, it would have to be expelling some sort of gas or fuel from a part of the rocket that would allow the rocket to continue to move in a forward motion while spinning.

this seems unlikely, but gyroscopic motions could stablilize a rocket in this situation right? like the way a top stays standing while it spins? However, this would also meant that the leak would have to be perpendicular or nearly so to the housing of the rocket itself. if it were being expelled from the rear, the fins of the rocket would stabilize flight and thus no spin. if it is from the front, the flight should be erratic. and if it is from an angle to the fins, it would also be erratic... or should be.

another thought is that newer rockets that are trying to conserve energy have played with the idea of intentional controlled spin on order to increase the kinetic energy of the rocket without increasing the amount of fuel required. this could also be the case, and perhaps russia is actually not failing, but is testing a new kinetic building feature to a rocket, and they just didnt understand the upper atmospheric effects that certain fuel mixtures may have, as in they may have underestimated the visual effects.

lastly the clue we have in the end of the video is the "black hole" that is really (as it appears to me) a change in the trajectory of the object in question. the hole looks more like a punch cloud to me, and the diffusing of the blueish spiral further supports a liquid form fuel of some sorts dissipating through atmospheric mixing.

so as i read the clues we have:

liquid fuel being expelled either intentionally or not
an initial altitude of about 40k feet (give or take)
a controlled kinetic spin (kinetic is not provable and the controlled may not be intentional...)
and an exit via punch cloud, which would mean the object exiting the atmophere (thus no falling debris)

Now here is my base hypothesis:

Russia develops a new rocket, and has been trying to test it. Thus they dont want the missle defense system over poland and such, right? They may have stumbled on a way to increase overall kinetic value of a rocket, which would be nifty if you want to take out... say... a sattelite in low orbit. We know that most low orbiting satellites that would be a possible target are polar orbitals, and yuo would have a much easier time hitting one near the poles. Now say russia decides to test this thing near the poles in perpetual twilight, and forgets or miscalculates that there is a just so atmospheric make up that would cause the propellants to freeze or something, causing the sunlight over the horizon to light up the high altitude effects like a dern christmas tree. The rifling effect would not only increase the kinetic energy, but also reduce innaccuracy like rifiling in a gun. Now all the world is looking and going "huh... what could that be" and russia denies denies denies in order to preserve theire pioneering technology and keep it from other countries hands of study...

lwhatdya think?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Phenomenon containing 10 nukes ??? Or was it a Russian missile? Can you tell I'm confused LOL.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

You Apparently did not read my response to you about this same question about the nuke payload. Furthermore,
you must be the only person that doesn't know that no one in the world tests new missiles with live nukes aboard. (except lil kim of north K)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

The fastest animal on the planet is a paragrin falcon. When it goes into it's "death dive" (very fast like 200mph) the only way it can achieve that speed is to dive in a controlled cork-screw pattern.

If you or I jumped from a plane with a parachute and achieved that speed, deploying our chute would rip our arms off our bodies.

It is a pretty cool hypothesis.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by wx4caster

The fastest animal on the planet is a paragrin falcon. When it goes into it's "death dive" (very fast like 200mph) the only way it can achieve that speed is to dive in a controlled cork-screw pattern.

If you or I jumped from a plane with a parachute and achieved that speed, deploying our chute would rip our arms off our bodies.

It is a pretty cool hypothesis.

Well, that was out of left field lol.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Yep. Terminal velocity of a skydiver is about 125mph.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Have you ever calculated the airspeed velocity of the African Swallow?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

yes but he is right.

bullets are more accurate and faster because the barrel is rifled. The bird is more accurate and can dive faster by spiraling. We have even deployed a basic idea of this in our own missle defense here in the states.

if a big enough bullet that was emmiting a fuel was to be shot into orbit, i would have to imagine that it would look similar to what we are seeing here...

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

reply to post by JayinAR

laiden or no?

and where would it get the coconut?!

what do YOU think of my hypothesis phage?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

I didn't think it was. Not at all really.
I was commenting on the possibility of increasing kinetic energy through a controlled spin.

I actually like the hypothesis I was remarking on. We really have no way of knowing if the rocket failed. It may have in fact succeeded wonderfully and the absence of the spiral was the rocket leaving the atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Not enough to comment on its ability, or lack thereof, to carry a coconut.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
this seemed to sum it all up for me:

cheers

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

reply to post by JayinAR

But it's not a question of speed. It's a question of weight ratios!

= )

new topics

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join