It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copenhagen climate summit: 1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Farce approved. S&F's.

Man how can anyone take these lot seriously.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
According to the official Copenhagen conference site:

Carbon emissions related to COP15 will be offset via a climate project in Bangladesh capital Dhaka , making the conference effectively climate neutral.

See? Its all tied off neatly. No matter what excesses in airplane fumes, etc. its all being taken care of by "reducing" emissions in Bangladesh.

It must be great to get away with making stuff up and making it sound authoritative enough to fool at least some of the messes.

And, as Dave mentioned above, the only way that "the people" can get any leverage whatsoever over this global mess is to refuse to pay taxes. Threats of violence won't do a thing, as TWTB are already itching to declare martial law. Cutting off the money supply is the only way to go.

But it won't happen....

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I used the word 'war' metaphorically to denote that the Bad Guys(global elite) Want us to rebel with 'force' so they can recipricate with an even greater Force (The National Guard, Our wonderfully Militarized Local Police Forces, FBI, NSA, etc.).

We need to 'make war' by non-violent ways, hence the Dollar.

Excellent point on the bank account closure, I have been trying to set up ways to accomplish this by looking for Inexpensive Money Order retailers (they're aren't many choices)(I wonder why, 'conspiracy'?). I run a business and I Only take Cash now for the last 4 years, it's actually pretty nice, no bounced checks/visa processing fees. Also, there's been alot of talk about going to a barter system, (I've done that before, but there was alot of corruption in it. looking into the kind of system I heard about in Vermont, 1hr base wage=$10.00 barter credit, who knows we may be forced to go that way due to the deflated dollar buying power.)( don't like the word 'inflation' just sounds wrong)

Arrgghh! Credit Cards! I'm down to 2, payin' fast as I can.

Haven't filed/payed fed taxes in 5 years, funny thing is I've never actually had any 'Income', I've worked for every dime I've ever had, Same with state, another funny thing I actually called the IRS and asked them to Audit me because I wanted to get it on Paper that I don't owe them Jack, they declined and the nice lady said "The IRS knows who they can bully/con and that they do not get any federal funding from the 'govt', they get their operating income (that word again) from fines and penalties , and that in order to go after someone they figure it takes about $100,000.00 dollars to complete their action (go through the whole system and get money in their hand) so they look and see if the 'Victim has that amount in 'liquid assets' they can get their hands on and that's the determining factor if they go after you! They mostly rely on general ignorance and fear tactics/propaganda to trick everyone to 'pay up'.

Never had Insurance, I pay cash and have only had to use the VA for 'service connected' injury, yeah I'm in excellent health. Not 'lucky', I take extreme care of myself.

Unfortunately I have to go to Wa----t,(can't say the word) about 4 times a year because there is just some things I can't get elsewhere, I try.

I've been very active in Politics', mostly they (the Ins) don't like me, I don't let them get away with the garbage they spew, I speak up at local govt meetings often. (too much more to add) next item.

Believe it or not I only work 2 days a week, I make plenty and have to take care of my elderly Father, etc., got that covered.

Thanks for the Constructive Input!

There's another story from Britain this morning about how the 'Bankers' might leave england because they also are going to be regulating/limiting their salaries, they're cryin' saying that 'we'll lose all the best talent to continental europe' if we don't let them make all the money they can! Man! I wish they would all leave and go somewhere else, (not here)( maybe Madagascar, I hear they have nice weather) Do they really think we forgot that they caused all the problems we're having now in the 'Banking Industry'?!? (they actually think we are too stupid to realize this).

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
I believe that demonstrates clearly that climate change/global warming is a farce because otherwise, they all would have used a conference call.

You're right.... they could have discussed this issue without leaving their cosy mansions.... all that polluted air coming from the planes and cars.... makes you wonder doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

I'm going to stay and Fight, I like fighting, it's fun for me!

I understand though, I'm sorta new to the Internet, (yeah, weird, I know, I was warned off it way back in '96, I used to use the library, I now have it at home, don't have alot of extra time to hit the 'L'.)

I noticed that a great number of people here post 1 sentence stuff that is mostly just stupid ad homonym attacks and won't even defend their ignorance (like they could) then run off to another thread and repeat, rinse, repeat.

Keep the Faith! (not religion, America, the Only Free (sorta) Country left in the World).

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

The amount of CO2 they are going to produce is ridiculous. Get rid of the limos, but these guys always travel around in private jets.

Does any of this help with climate change scepticism - I think not!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hope their airplanes is struck by a sudden pandemic, and all of them just crash and die. Good riddance, it would be. Hope there's plenty of demonstrations in Copenhagen to give them the finger with their so-called "climate change".

Climate change...gimmie a break.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Why do they even need to all gather in one place.

Why not use the internet to conference call.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
When I was reading about the recession I read something that I thought interesting.

It said something like the Elitist used/caused the recession to rape us of all our monies but they stopped short of a depression because it would interfere for there business ventures and the capital they would get ffrom them so....

As mentioned before you have to hit them in there pockets. We need to work together for ourselves as a race.

This land is for all not the few inches they sell you then take away whenever they choose if everyone stopped paying there bills at least you could say we crashed the economy ourselves instead of letting them do it and it would hit them in there pockets also.

They all need to be fired, there cars, drivers and credit accounts need to be taken away. If they work for us they should use there own cars, drive themselves pay for there gas and have the same insurances as us.

You all know they are going to this climate thing and going to have the very best of everything while many families are out of work, lost there homes, have little or no food and the kids have little or nothing for the Holidays.

We as the people need to help one another even if we need to take a few steps back in time and begin again.

Will we "stand together as a race of people on this Planet" and help one another......I would hope but I don't think so because we all wait for someone else to have the courage, we are flawed aren't we.

All these governments do is pamper themselves and to show how grand they are and it has to stop.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be grand if while they were gone, the countries they left shut (or were made to shut) their borders, concerned citizens standing guard at the airports etc so that these a**** could not come back in...ever. Then they could all stay in copenhagen sucking on their recycled plastic pens, and slurping poisoned water from the drinking fountain.
I can dream.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Here's the ACTUAL TRUTH:

Russian Oligarchs Behind Leaked Emails

Big surprise, people that make their money off of oil have taken sides with the right-wing media (i.e. the CORPORATE media) and racists (The BNP) to convince the poor and undereducated to rally against scientists and politicians.

You guys are all just pawns for the Russian Mob, English racists and the corporate media.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
First of all, I'm from Denmark.

I will ask a very simple question. What did you expect would happen if all the worlds leaders (+ others from their country) decide to meet all in the same location? I would say a LOT of traffic. It would be impossible to do it otherwise.

Another fact is that all the limos you talk about are ALL tanked up with bio fuel. This fuel is more neutral than normal fossil fuels. So your facts and source are a little wrong.

Another very cool fact is that a newly finished hotel is opening just for COP15. This new hotel is the first hotel in the world which is totally energy independent. It is energy-neutral. The hotel provides itself all its energy through solar panels on its sides. It cleans its own water.

This topic is WAY WAY to dark. Cheer up and act like adult people.

Much have been done to secure as little CO2 footprint as possible for the COP15. It would be impossible to do this without some CO2 footprint. The leaders need to meet FACE TO FACE to get a deal done.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Calm down Comrads!
Our leaders have busy and important jobs, so creating plenty of pollution is ok for these people. Us commoners however, need to limit our output of climate changing pollution.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Go ahead Mr. Obama.
Once it get out, and it will soon, as too what the meeting was about and what it was that you thought you signed, there will be a home party for you.
It will be pitch forks and torches at the White House.

59% as of last week see the scam in the US. That is very high concidering ever MSM outlet except Fox has been mums the word on this whole deal.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Don't worry, the 1200 limos are with electric engine

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
seems to me like we have the most corrupt SPOILED BRATS as elected officials.

You know for comparison's sake, when Ron Paul travels from city to city he usually just takes his own car, keeps the gas receipts and gets reimbursed.

Of course for copenhangen he would have rented a car but just goes to show you.

Climate aside, this is very costly.

Everyone should be arrested for misappropiation of funds ASAP!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DwaynetheSpecious

I will just call a Big BS on that one.
You can't just dump bio fuel into anything just sitting around.
1200 limos just so happen to be set up on bio?
yeah right.

I suppose those planes run on banana peels too.

and they kill what just to get the caviar?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
For crying out loud.

Once again instead of talking about the serious issue of global climate change and how we should proceed, people are focused on something as stupid as limousines and caviar.

Seriously do you honestly expect world leaders to be driven to the thing in an armored Toyota Prius?

I don't like the carbon tax initiative but I sure as hell want all the world leaders to assemble in person to talk about this very real problem.

The only people who absolutely, positively do not want this event to go forward is big energy. So they will pay their puppets to do whatever it takes to skirt the debate to "oh look they are riding in limo's and eating caviar..see...see there is not such thing as global climate change".

...and you people are falling for it.

This is a real problem for humanity and its time that some people picked up their knuckles from the ground and caught up with the rest of the class.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

Maybe if they were not such As$holes and trying to take over all the power in the world and leave us holding the empty bag, they would not need such heavy security.

It is entertaining that true tree huggers think they are going to take control of the world now.
In the end, I don't think so.........bring it on!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
First of all, I'm from Denmark.

I will ask a very simple question. What did you expect would happen if all the worlds leaders (+ others from their country) decide to meet all in the same location? I would say a LOT of traffic. It would be impossible to do it otherwise.

Another fact is that all the limos you talk about are ALL tanked up with bio fuel. This fuel is more neutral than normal fossil fuels. So your facts and source are a little wrong.

Another very cool fact is that a newly finished hotel is opening just for COP15. This new hotel is the first hotel in the world which is totally energy independent. It is energy-neutral. The hotel provides itself all its energy through solar panels on its sides. It cleans its own water.

This topic is WAY WAY to dark. Cheer up and act like adult people.

Much have been done to secure as little CO2 footprint as possible for the COP15. It would be impossible to do this without some CO2 footprint. The leaders need to meet FACE TO FACE to get a deal done.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

On the following web site they offer the following hotels:

2 star x 6
3 star x 42
4 star x 44
5 star x 6

plus 5 hostels

The site states

"More than 10.000 rooms in the greater Copenhagen and Malmö area (S) have been reserved for the participants of the Cop15. The hotels will be listed according to star rating (2-5) and hostels separately."

which one is energy neutral ?

As for biofuel being kinder to the environment this is still being debated

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join