It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Copenhagen climate summit: 1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Copenhagen climate summit: 1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges

www.telegraph.co.uk

Copenhagen is preparing for the climate change summit that will produce as much carbon dioxide as a town the size of Middlesbrough.

Opening of a climate summit in Copenhagen: Copenhagen climate summit: 1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges.

On a normal day, Majken Friss Jorgensen, managing director of Copenhagen's biggest limousine company, says her firm has twelve vehicles on the road. During the "summit to save the world", which opens here tomorrow, she will have 200.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Warning from Pres. Eisenhower about the Corruption of

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hurray for the Global Elite! (Down with you Peons')(PSHAW!)

They sure know how to party! (oops, I forgot, they're saving the world from us 'carbon emitters', code for non-elite air-breathers/co2 exhalers)(BAD PEON)

No, Really, How long are we going to put up with this garbage?(maybe they will be nice enough to let us pick through their left-overs to bring home to our children, gosh they're such nice folks.)(NOT!)

Look, we need to declare 'WAR'(metaphorically) on these Global Criminals, it's time to stand up and be felt. (hit them in the pocketbooks, that's the only thing they understand) Start making a list of Individuals, Companies, Organizations, Government Officials, Advertisers and anyone else who is helping/promoting and even "not resisting" these FIEND'S, and withhold your Dollars, Support and even "stop talking/listening to them until they STOP what they are trying to do to us! (Permanently)

I could go on and on but it's time YOU take action and stand up for your Rights as Americans and Inhabitants of this Magnificent Planet Earth! It's NOT 'THEIRS', it's 'ALL of OURS'! Rock ON!

p.s. I do everything/everyday I can not to contribute to the machinations of these fiends, I Buy American, Recycle and Not Pollute my part of this World as best I can. So don't be a ninny and reply with sarcasm, try to be constructive and use your energies to foil THEM, O.K. (I can take advice as I am trying to use fewer "quotation" marks, and not be so mean/angry, but it's hard, whaaa, cause I'm PISSED-OFF and tired of this garbage from these Freaks, they don't care one wit about the globe, they only want more for themselves, less for YOU!)

Peace

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12/6/09 by Keymaster1]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
i wonder, based on the theory of mmgw, oops, what i meant to say was: based on the blatant lie of man made global warming how many polar bear cubs do 200 limos kill?

shouldn't they be crammed into a prius or on a bike?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
That's an odd article.

Check this one out, from late last week:
www.thestar.com...

Seems to be a bit of a conflict in what's being reported. Might be the difference between the actual conference and the events surrounding the conference, though.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Besides checking out the political slant of that article, why don't you check out some of the comments.

Kind of shows you how everyone, even members of the propaganda sites are opening their eyes.

Just two comments and their votes-

Climate Change vs Global Warming OK, I didn't get the memo where the term 'Global Warming', the rallying cry of the Green Movement, became out of favour and replaced by 'Climate Change'. Why the name change? Is there truth to the recent hacked Emails exposing Global Warming scientists selectively using only data supporting the cause? Because there is inclusive data to support global warming beyond what is cyclical, so let's call it climate change because this phrase need not be proven. Yeah, everyone knows that the climate changes - every day it does! Yesterday, raining and warm; today cold and sunny.

Agree 19 Disagree 3

@old fart Ok, you seem to be seriously misunderstanding science. The term is irrelevant - global warming, climate change etc. so trotting out that old denier axiom "the name has changed! OMG!" isn't changing anything. Fact is that by examining CO2 closely and dealing with that aspect of pollution by increasing energy efficiency will help across the board - stop using giant vehicles to transport one person is going to decrease the amount of gasoline and thus the amount of other pollution. Insulate buildings better, use solar panels etc., etc is simply going to have a major effect in the amount of ALL pollution. And no, use of ethanol isn't the only way to power cars. In fact, that's the lst thing that should be done - reduce the weight and size of cars, then use ethanol to power them. Simple science really.

Agree 1 Disagree 10

Hmmmmmmmmm, seems like that sites commentors know what they're talking about.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Besides checking out the political slant of that article, why don't you check out some of the comments.

If I log in to the Toronto Star and quote you quoting them, will the internet explode?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Maybe they all bought some carbon credits before leaving home.

Those elitists don't care about the climate.
This is ALL about fear and control.
Do what we say or the world will end!
We have to save the Earth!
BTW, do as we say not as we do.
The rules do not apply to us.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Well first, this papers' Canadian, they(the Toronto Star) are completely Fanatic/brainwashed about MMGW. I believe they made it a Criminal Offense to Deny MMGW, I think I read that a couple of weeks ago.

"We thought they were not going to have many cars, due to it being a climate convention," she says. "But it seems that somebody last week looked at the weather report."

This is the reason they are not going to use the Bus Passes and Bicycle's they were talking about.

A wind turbine will help power the lights for the Bella conference centre, and the floors are carpeted with biodegradable carpets. Even the plastic pens have been recycled from plastic water bottles.

These are just happenstance items that are going to be used anyway because that's what they have there already.

Tap water stations will be around the conference centre, and delegates have been told to bring their own cups, or use biodegradable cornstarch cups available on site. Plastic bottles will be verboten.

These are completely avoidable and arbitrary and un-enforcible.

"If some people insist on drinking bottled water, we won't take it away from them. But we will really recommend them not to," Jan-Christoph Napierski, the Head of Sustainability for COP15.

SEE!

"We have tried to make the conference as green as possible, under the given conditions," Napierski said.

Tried and failed, OOPS!

Conference organizers have factored in the carbon emissions and other toxic greenhouse gases generated by all of the delegates flying in from around the world and intend to offset most of the emissions by replacing 20 inefficient brick factories in Bangladesh with energy efficient ones.

All the while reaping billions in profits by using tax dodges to update their slave-labor factories.

Even the centre food court will follow suit. Over 65 per cent of the food will be organic. Coffee and tea will be fair trade certified.

The 'Fair Trade' scam will make them millions, at least. BWAAAAHAHA!

Organizers have also decided against giving out gifts at the end of conference. "No one will get a little mermaid, or a little Danish flag," said Napierski. Instead the money saved will be used on scholarships for 11 students to study climate change at local universities.

More brainwashed MMGW freaks runnin' around causing trouble!

Yet, days before the summit is to begin, some delegates have already expressed their dismay at news that tap water stations will be the only source of water at the conference. Others can't believe they won't have a car and driver available when they need it.

What, Moi drinky TAP WATER!, F-U, Where's my Driver! Don't you know I"M Important!

"There will be some cars, but we are going to keep them hidden away, and only for emergencies," said Napierski.

Hidden away so Public No See 'Em,(Hippocrate) Taking Intern to Hotel IS emergency! (don't tell my wife, O.K.)

Despite greening efforts, summit organizers have heard an earful from critics who say people flying in from all over world, being shuttled around in luxury cars, eating expensive food and being put up in fancy hotels only adds to the climate change problem.

First Honest thing thing I've heard yet.

He is the first to admit there are some things that could have been done better.

The Public will believe anything. (hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!)

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yeah these self-righteous windbags make me very angry. They probably will profit of carbon trading anyway because they have money to invest in the scheme. Even if they don't there is a huge difference between not being able to afford to fly your jet as much and not being able to buy food because of increased cost of living the carbon trading scheme is likely to cause.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Why metaphorically? It would seem to me that real action is required not some virtual event.

Remove all your money from banks including offshores (I did)
Close all your bank accounts including offshores (I did)
Shred all your credit and debit cards (I did)
Close all of your stock accounts (I did)
Refuse to pay your taxes and/or put in notices of objection (I have)
Stop paying health and life insurance (I did, saved me $4,000 a year)
Don't buy anything from a large chain (I don't)
Don't buy anything imported from anywhere (I buy Canada and US only)
Reduce your energy foot print as much as possible (I have)
Contact your local politician and complain (I have)

and/or

Open a corporation and use yourself as the sell-able service asset (I did)
Write off all the expenses required to make an income (I did)
Get your employer to pay your corporation as a contractor (I did, no deductions)

and/or

Go on a 30 to 90 day work strike

These actions remove about 95% of available capital and control from TPTB. If people can keep this up for 3 to 6 months it will cause absolute chaos in their ranks, currency values will drop unilaterally across the globe, which means they will either capitulate (unlikely), say that aliens are approaching from Zeta Reticuli and we have to stop this and work together (likely) or try to force a military action against the people (possibly). Then your metaphor will not apply. This may be what they want however, a physical action that will allow the wholesale killing of large population groups.

Banks, insurance companies and the stock market are the priority, they are the worst criminals. This is followed by puppet politicians. You have to hit them where it hurts and unfortunately it would collapse the dollar, but do you want it fast to the head or slowly and painfully like cancer?

I just know what I am doing and it works for me. It may not work for everyone.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
We tried- It's too late. We couldn't get enough people to care - not even on ATS - Not even the three guys that run ATS - How sad is that. But is does make you wonder, where does their loyalty lie? For no mentioning this?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
It's the end game my friend - I have tried forever to get people to care. They wont. Good Luck to you and your family, I'm buggin out.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
only one word comes
to my mind:
disgusting

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Copenhagen is just a big cover up for the NWO we wll know that

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well, all I can say is:

Let the riots begin.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
It's the end game my friend - I have tried forever to get people to care. They wont. Good Luck to you and your family, I'm buggin out.

Buggin out sounds good but where? The stupidity is global.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
To all sensible friends. Take the 5 minutes to listen to the link at the end. Sorry if this has already been posted.

A book " The Committee of 300", published in 1994 explains how this committee is working on a new world order of a "Global Village" This interview , I believe, confirms what is in the book. And the book is very alarming.

This is very alarming and definitely worth the 5 minute listen. Click on the website link below.

Is the Copenhagen treaty about creating a world government?

Alan Jones talks to Lord Monckton, British climate change sceptic, who says the Copenhagen treaty is about creating a world government
I encourage and implore you to take just 5 or more minutes to open the link
Below and listen to an audio that deals with climate change and especially with the
Conference at Copenhagen in early December and the frightening implications that it will have
On the whole world, and especially Australia. It could be the start of a One World Government,
Controlling trade, finance and even our personal freedoms.

2gb.com.au...

Zebadey

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Pshh what a farce. Lets spend our money on caviar and luxury jets for our leaders to make it there in style.

If it was me I'd #ing walk, go fishing catch my own food, show up with something to actually SAY rather than just waste resources being there to hear common sense being spewed as holy truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I believe that demonstrates clearly that climate change/global warming is a farce because otherwise, they all would have used a conference call.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join