Copenhagen climate summit: 1,200 limos, 140 private planes and caviar wedges

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
For crying out loud.

Once again instead of talking about the serious issue of global climate change and how we should proceed, people are focused on something as stupid as limousines and caviar.

Seriously do you honestly expect world leaders to be driven to the thing in an armored Toyota Prius?

I don't like the carbon tax initiative but I sure as hell want all the world leaders to assemble in person to talk about this very real problem.

The only people who absolutely, positively do not want this event to go forward is big energy. So they will pay their puppets to do whatever it takes to skirt the debate to "oh look they are riding in limo's and eating caviar..see...see there is not such thing as global climate change".

...and you people are falling for it.

This is a real problem for humanity and its time that some people picked up their knuckles from the ground and caught up with the rest of the class.

Exactly right on all points.

why some many people want to be governed by businessmen instead of politicians is beyond me... I mean christ, when business people get together go they go for austerity?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Exactly this site is a picture perfect example of ignorance personified.

Here you have big energy who will do whatever it takes so they can keep on reaping trillions.

Then you have all the worlds leading Climatologist with mountains full of peer reviewed studies, data and statistics and the the entire BREATH of the world wide scientific community.

But people here are so convinced at what Big energy wants you to believe. They will pay off weathermen (not actual climatetoligists), right wing media, bs web pages and just about anything else to discredit the mountains of truth verified by thousands of scientists.

They will even commit crimes by hacking into email servers and talk about how Al Gore lives in a big house and eats caviar, anythign...ANYTHING to skirt the real discussion.

If you believe in science than there is no argument. There is no debate. The world temperature is increasing on average every year and the result of that is human kinds impact on our environment.

Now I am not one for carbon credits, I believe that those in power like Goldman Sachs see this as another vehicle to make money off of.

Green technologies is something we all should be striving for. Like Peter Schiff and Ron Paul said innovation is the key to a vibrant economy.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Power corrupts. It doesn't matter who is in power. Tree huggers want to shape the world in the way they see fit as much as the next idealogue. There are very few who don't like the taste of power and are pragmatic enough to give people the freedom to decide their own destiny. Of course there are plenty of people who want a paternal government who can take care of them and tell them what they should do, probably the majority. Which is why more people have lived under authoritarian governments than ones that allow basic freedoms and rights throughout the course of human history.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Science can be bought. Its done everyday at every grant proposal meeting at all ends of the spectrum. Fund those studies that push you agenda.

The proof is built into the monetary system which awards certain grants that propose "correct" research hypotheses and shuns others deemed unworthy. This is the process that has gone unchecked for the most part... most people point to breaches in ethics at the point of the research but never to the conception of the research, but there is really no well-kept record system of which grants are accepted over which are not. That might lead to an interesting meta-analysis.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I don't like the carbon tax initiative but I sure as hell want all the world leaders to assemble in person to talk about this very real problem.

They are going to talk about what was known as global warming, then it started getting colder so they couldn't use that word anymore, now they changed it to climate change

I don't mind politicians meeting up to discuss pollution, but not something as natural as climate change.

Is this a very real problem and you honestly believe they will tackle it or will this just result in less sovereignty for many nations?

Tell me something my friend, when was the last time the govt. successfully tackled a real important issue and their end solution ended up being good for the people?

When was it?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unnoan
Science can be bought. Its done everyday at every grant proposal meeting at all ends of the spectrum. Fund those studies that push you agenda.

BS.

Yes a few scientists could be bought to deliver a manufactured conclusion. We see that all the time with Big Energy's so called studies.

But what is impossible is paying off all the worlds leading scientists, universities, non for profit and independent groups and altering their conclusions.

That is not possible and even if you came close it would be a house of cards easy to dismantle.

The fact is no one has been able to prove that global climate change is not happening. Their so called evidence has not stood on its own weight.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AllexxisF1

I have no doubt about climate change. There are fossils of fish on areas that are now land and there was also an ice age. I'm concerned about the environment and do everything I can as an individual to leave nature alone as much as possible. However I do have doubts about the carbon trading scheme and those who are pushing it.

I always side with the people who want debate rather than those who use fear to speed up the process. The strategy of using fear to make people want to act before thinking has been used a lot in recent years, the war on terror and the bank bailout are two more memorable instances of this.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
They are going to talk about what was known as global warming, then it started getting colder so they couldn't use that word anymore, now they changed it to climate change

I don't mind politicians meeting up to discuss pollution, but not something as natural as climate change.

Is this a very real problem and you honestly believe they will tackle it or will this just result in less sovereignty for many nations?

Tell me something my friend, when was the last time the govt. successfully tackled a real important issue and their end solution ended up being good for the people?

When was it?

Here is another perfect example of just how good big enegry is at manipulating the truth and convincing people of just plain ignorance.

Instead of talking about the actual scientific conclusions and how we should approach this problem we have you complaining about how it was once called Global Warming instead of Climate Change. When the later was introduced so people could understand better. Instead Big energy and skeptics use it as some sort of punch line.

I will be HAPPY TO TELL YOU how Government stepped in and fixed a huge problem with our environment. That fix BY GOVERNMENTS around the world was banning CFC's to stop depleting the Ozone Layer.

You remember the Ozone layer depletion right? that pesky problem in the late 70's and 80's when governments came together to ban CFC's in everything from hair spray and Styrofoam containers at Burger King. People at that time also claimed it was science hocus pocus and fought it based on how it would destroy business.

Yet looked what happened. We banned those substances along with other countries in the world and sure enough the Ozone repaired itself in the subsequent decade and its no longer an issue. Now citizens in Australia are not getting cancer by the bushel.

You want another one? how about the terrible smog in inner cities that was drastically reduced with the introduction of catalytic converters. Do you remember that? Remember how people then said oh it will kill USA car companies and the economy will tank. Well what happened, business went on as usual and we cleaned up the air.

Governments coming together to fix real environmental problems has worked in the past and really needs to happen again.

Carbon credits is not the way to go though.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Then you have all the worlds leading Climatologist with mountains full of peer reviewed studies, data and statistics and the the entire BREATH of the world wide scientific community.

Shall we ignore the THIRTY ONE THOUSAND who believe it all to be a fraud then?

www.petitionproject.org...

If you believe in science than there is no argument. There is no debate. The world temperature is increasing on average every year and the result of that is human kinds impact on our environment.

That’s like saying if you believe in allopathic medicine that when you go in for surgery to remove your foot and they take out a kidney because they got it wrong, that they are still correct and of course they have executed the correct procedure, because they are doctors.

Keep churning out the CO2, the world needs it, the plants need it, the trees need it.
Stop deforestation and stop pollution. But they won’t do that as they cannot rake in massive amounts of profits as they laugh themselves stupid at the silly little citizens of this earth.
The same silly little citizens who should take back this earth, lay claim to all its resources, including land and housing.
The same silly little citizens who should eject these rubbishy politicians onto some island, expelled from society for all time, along with the bankers, drug company chiefs and a host of other rich scum, and let them rot.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Exactly this site is a picture perfect example of ignorance personified.

Here you have big energy who will do whatever it takes so they can keep on reaping trillions.

Did you know the big players in the wind and solar industries are the SAME guys!! They want to play both sides of the fence...still reaping in the trillions. The wind industry lobby will lie, exaggerate and manipulate the true benefits however they can. Nothing's changed...same old...same old...you're just giving the farm away to corporatism.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Keymaster1

Forgive me while I expell the CFL's, solar panels and diesel conversion kits I have been munching on all morning.

"Blah" "Urph" "Glah" (sound of glass breaking) "Splarf"

Inconvenient this! You lying freaks start taxing water and breathing and it's game on!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The irony is that our street in london, the council are putting in solar roofs. But at the mo we are having rubbish summers as normal, and its pouring with rain today as normal.

Oh the irony, more waste of money, lol.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DwaynetheSpecious
First of all, I'm from Denmark.
Another fact is that all the limos you talk about are ALL tanked up with bio fuel. This fuel is more neutral than normal fossil fuels. So your facts and source are a little wrong.

Another very cool fact is that a newly finished hotel is opening just for COP15. This new hotel is the first hotel in the world which is totally energy independent. It is energy-neutral. The hotel provides itself all its energy through solar panels on its sides. It cleans its own water.

Much have been done to secure as little CO2 footprint as possible for the COP15. It would be impossible to do this without some CO2 footprint. The leaders need to meet FACE TO FACE to get a deal done.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by DwaynetheSpecious]

Here is some more great information how you are doing such a great job over there. This would seem you are one of the biggest hypocrites in the world for "green" anything.

But it turns out that Denmark's big claim to greenery isn't quite so impressive when you find out that they do not include one of their biggest and dirtiest industries -- shipping -- in calculating their annual carbon footprint.

That's because the last great world climate treaty, Kyoto, does not make them include their nasty shipping business in the calculation. No wonder the Danes liked that so much.

Denmark's warm and 'fuzzy facts'
Truth about country's 'dirty' business
COPENHAGEN -- Shakespeare's Marcellus was right. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

In this hotbed of homogeneity, where global warming is a sacred assumption for the faithful, 15,000 people will come together from 192 countries to pray for two weeks over what can be done to save the Earth from certain doom. Few places are better suited to handle the throngs of unquestioning believers who will journey from around the globe.

Dissent is not tolerated, and diversity -- in any form other than biodiversity -- is not welcome here.

nypost.com/p/news

Some 40,000 tons of carbon will be spewed getting this crowd together and keeping them in comfort.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yet looked what happened. We banned those substances along with other countries in the world and sure enough the Ozone repaired itself in the subsequent decade and its no longer an issue. Now citizens in Australia are not getting cancer by the bushel.

Is that so?

www.health.gov.au...

How on earth did the ozone layer miraculously repair itself? Do you have some scientific evidence as to how that happened. Or was the ozone scare just another way to attempt to make money? When that did not bring in much, but they proved we could all be fooled easily, they got cocky and thought they would ride on complete global warming nonsense instead and make trillions. Now it’s ‘climate change’ as they cannot fool everyone when it seems not to be getting warmer. But climate change can’t really be argued with…as the climate has changed dramatically throughout history which has nothing whatsoever to do with humanity, and will change forever more. We make little impact, we are like ants to the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

we have you complaining about how it was once called Global Warming instead of Climate Change. When the later was introduced so people could understand better. Instead Big energy and skeptics use it as some sort of punch line.

We banned those substances along with other countries in the world and sure enough the Ozone repaired itself in the subsequent decade and its no longer an issue.

So the ozone layer is no longer an issue
and global warming changed from global warming to climate change so people could understand it better?

Hole in ozone layer causes Earth to experience cooling

A group of British scientists from the British Antarctic Survey have discovered this week that the ozone layer hole is cooling down the Earth and protecting Antarctica from melting.
A group of scientists in the United Kingdom are claiming that the hole in the ozone layer is protecting the Earth from global warming and which may be protecting parts of Antarctica,
Since 1980, there has been a 10 per cent increase in sea ice in Antarctica
www.digitaljournal.com...

No they changed it to climate change BECAUSE it was getting colder, not because they wanted people to understand it better.

Now they are bringing back the old ozone layer back but now but in a positive light. They couldn't have figured this out ages ago?

I will be HAPPY TO TELL YOU how Government stepped in and fixed a huge problem with our environment. That fix BY GOVERNMENTS around the world was banning CFC's to stop depleting the Ozone Layer.
You remember the Ozone layer depletion right?

You want another one? how about the terrible smog in inner cities that was drastically reduced with the introduction of catalytic converters. Do you remember that?

Ya I remember now anything more recent?

You are reffering to a different era my friend.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The only thing this whole corupt deal does is,

Let those in charge double down on their collective power with new names, new companies, that will pay no taxes and leave us on our knees begging them for more.

Anyone claiming anything else has their head up there collective Arse.

You want to do something about "Pollution"? Great, lets get busy and clean up the air we breath.

Try planting some trees you morons.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by j2000]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Global Warming is caused by what?

How much carbon emissions and greenhouse gases occur in Pluto?

Global Warming on Pluto Puzzles Scientists

Pluto's atmospheric pressure has tripled over the past 14 years, indicating a stark temperature rise, the researchers said. The change is likely a seasonal event, much as seasons on Earth change as the hemispheres alter their inclination to the Sun during the planet's annual orbit.

www.space.com...

Explain that?

Also Jupiter
New Storm on Jupiter Hints at Climate Change

The latest images could provide evidence that Jupiter is in the midst of a global change that can modify temperatures by as much as 10 degrees Fahrenheit on different parts of the globe.

This growth signals a temperature increase in that region, she said.
www.space.com...

OMG we need a copenhagen treaty for Pluto and Jupiter as well

And Mars!
Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory.
Abdussamatov believes that changes in the sun's heat output can account for almost all the climate changes we see on both planets.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Debunked as far as i'm concerned.
Global Warming.. oh i'm sorry Climate Change is occuring throughout our galaxy and even beyond as far as we know.

Sun is getting hotter

In what could be the simplest explanation for one component of global warming, a new study shows the Sun's radiation has increased by .05 percent per decade since the late 1970s.

"This trend is important because, if sustained over many decades, it could cause significant climate change," Willson said.
www.space.com...

Anything else?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway

Shall we ignore the THIRTY ONE THOUSAND who believe it all to be a fraud then?

www.petitionproject.org...

Oh goodie its been a while since someone posted this gem.

You mean the group that has been shown to be a sham put up by Big Energy that manipulated people and has been found to be fraud.

Oh but if you spent a whole two seconds researching about them you would know that.

Here is a Wiki link of all things that explain just who this group is and what they are about.
LINK

As for the other gentleman that made the point that I should not use the example of the government stepping in to force catalytic converters to clean up the air as an example because "it was a different era".

Wow...just wow. You asked for an example of Government stepping in and fixing a problem and you say that does not count because it happened 30 years ago.

Nice.

The Ozone depletion was a real problem solved by government intervention by banning harmful CFC's.

Once again its ignorance plastered all over this site. Here is the mountains of evidence right smack dab in front of your chevy chase yet you still want to harp on ...why did you all change the name to climate change and oh see their eating caviar.

As for other gem about how the sun is reason behind global climate change. One than you agree there is warming and two it would help if you actually read the original study about solar influence.

The correlation between solar activity and temperature

The most commonly cited study by skeptics is a study by scientists from Finland and Germany that finds the sun has been more active in the last 60 years than anytime in the past 1150 years (Usoskin 2005). They also found temperatures closely correlate to solar activity.

However, a crucial finding of the study was the correlation between solar activity and temperature ended around 1975. At that point, temperatures rose while solar activity stayed level. This led them to conclude "during these last 30 years the solar total irradiance, solar UV irradiance and cosmic ray flux has not shown any significant secular trend, so that at least this most recent warming episode must have another source."

In other words, the study most quoted by skeptics actually concluded the sun can't be causing global warming. Ironically, the evidence that establishes the sun's close correlation with the Earth's temperature in the past also establishes it's blamelessness for global warming today.

Thanks for playing.

[edit on 7-12-2009 by AllexxisF1]

[edit on 7-12-2009 by AllexxisF1]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Thanks for playing.

Playing what?

Why is climate change occuring on almost every planet not only earth?

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join