It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened last night?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Holist1c

im pretty sure you astral projected because you were in a real deep trance state relaxed were probably thinking about past times and you jumped from your body to go view it.

interesting!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
You sure it wasn't just the start of an anxiety or panic attack? With the tingling feeling, heart palpitations & the buzzing, sounds very much like when I used to have panic attacks. No voices calling me thou.......

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder

im pretty sure you astral projected because you were in a real deep trance state relaxed were probably thinking about past times and you jumped from your body to go view it.

interesting!

You may be right. I wondered if it was a lucid dream? I have had lucid dreams before though and in an awareness sense the experience i had was different.

"Lucid dream" = Wake up, think, WOW that was so real, did that just happen? Even go and check make sure it was a dream. Therefore becoming consciously aware after the experience.

"Experience during sleep Paralysis" = Thinking,WOW, im paralysed,yet im aware of everything going on. Therefore conscious awareness throughout experience.

This is how i have come to differentiate between dreams and "something else".

hope that made sense

I have found a way for myself to enter into a sleep paralysis state, doesnt always happen, but i can set myself up so that it increases the chances of it happening. Maybe i will experiment with it.

Take Care

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

This is not to say that I disagree with your assessments, but have you ever had a dream in which you became aware that you were dreaming, and sort of "took control"? This, in my understanding, is what most people refer to as a "lucid dream".

I have been exploring a school of thought recently that has me questioning the very notion of "just a dream". The idea that dreams are "merely" the brain's way of processing data gathered during the waking state is a nice way of convincing people not to worry about their nightmares, in my opinion. And while there may be something to that, I don't think it ends there.

The data one gathers during the day influences the dream state, but then again, it influences the waking state. It all boils down to perception blah blah blah.

Empirical science will tell us that anything the consciousness experiences in anything other than a wide-awake state is just a dream or a hallucination generated entirely from within, but people who have experienced these "hallucinations" beg to differ.

I don't claim to have any of the answers; just more questions, really. I just know that I am "sane", but that I have experienced sensations and situations that I have trouble believing came entirely from my own subconscious.

I believe that chemical reactions in the brain affect perception greatly. I think that what happens physically during sleep paralysis can alter the way reality is perceived. To take this line of thought a step further, I don't think that this chemical 'imbalance' necessarily 'impairs' perception. Perhaps it just adjusts it to take in a different version of reality - one that is no less 'real'.

The consciousness itself is intangible. It interfaces with these human bodies in a way science does not quite understand.

"Let's be reasonable. You had a dream."

Yes, let's. None of us have ANY CLUE what that means.

Discuss.

Oh yeah! That's what we were doing. That's what we DO here at ATS.

Do carry on.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma

This is not to say that I disagree with your assessments, but have you ever had a dream in which you became aware that you were dreaming, and sort of "took control"? This, in my understanding, is what most people refer to as a "lucid dream".

Yes, i have had a dream such as this, the difference being that during these such events i am not aware of what is happening in my room, around my bed, in my house. I'm not aware of my girlfriend lying next to me, i'm not aware that my window is opening, i'm only aware of what is happening in my dream.

This is why the experience i had during sleep paralysis differs. I WAS aware of my surroundings, i could feel the sun, sense the warmth on my face, smell the grass.

Therefore conscious awareness in such a dream differs to that of an experience during sleep paralysis, doesnt it?

I have had a sleep paralysis event and sensed my girlfriend get out of bed and go to toilet. I have snapped out of it and confirmed that yes she infact had gotten up and went to toilet.

Did i "dream" that i was lying unable to move, while awake, witnessing everything? Maybe? who knows?

I appreciate your thoughts

good luck with your investigations

take care

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holist1c

This is why the experience i had during sleep paralysis differs. I WAS aware of my surroundings, i could feel the sun, sense the warmth on my face, smell the grass.

Therefore conscious awareness in such a dream differs to that of an experience during sleep paralysis, doesnt it?

Exactly! Different, but perhaps similar. This brings me to a place where the distinctions become a bit hazy though. I have experienced what you are describing above, along with the VERY distinct feeling that my eyes are closed, and my blanket on top of me. I feel like I am awake; that is, I am conscious of myself and that I am laying in my bed. Here's where it gets weird: I CAN SEE! My vision is stationary, and if I try to look around too much, I'll "snap out of it". To say that I "wake up" isn't accurate because I feel I'm already awake. And what I can see is not my actual physical surroundings. It's most often a cozy den with bookshelves and a fireplace. A place I cannot identify.

Am I "remote viewing"? Is this a version of what happens every time I "dream"? Do our consciousnesses travel to a 'different place' every night? I think it is possible that every state of consciousness that we can be in offers access to information that does not originate from within.

For a sense of deja vu, see this thread. ...One of my firsts here at ATS. Kinda funny to see how my paradigm has changed in a couple of years. Not all that much, but I was just starting to articulate questions that have been forming for years. Thanks ATS!

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I like where this discussion is going but still am seeking some answers to my questions posted a earlier if anyone could shed some light for me!

thanks!

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Here you have a good documented example of the soul leaving the body at min : 0.08 you can see that the soul is white.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join