It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened last night?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
something very similar happened to me 4 nights ago night.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i couldn't hear anyone talking to me but the paralysis and the feeling that my body was in one place and i was in another was similar. i was sitting up in my bed, completely lucid but the only thing i recall being able to move was my hand. But my ability to move my hand may have been completely in my head.

it was the first time anything like this had ever happened to me . . .

have any more people had this weird "OBE" recently?

[edit on 12/5/2009 by JPhish]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Sounds like your kundalini awakening to me,but I don't know. It could just be some kind of a nervous reaction to whatever you experienced earlier in the day.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HankMcCoy

Damn, Do you read anything or just skim over it.

During the stomach pulsing and vibrations and tingling sensation i was in paralysis. But because I got freaked out I made myself, thought really hard to snap out of it and then could sit up again.

I got up and made water, had a puff and then was able to fall asleep.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JPhish

Hm thats weird and I've been going through very similar things to you, for a while i wasn't having any dreams but for the past 3-4 weeks i dream every single night and its out of the ordinary.

I did not actually enter any other dimension or realm or anything although i felt i was on the verge of doing so or being pulled from my body.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've only had sleep paralysis once in my life, and it was a horrible experience for me. It seems like some of the "warning signs" are similar between sleep paralysis and many accounts of OBEs.

If I were able to have an OBE by choice, I think I would be scared that I might run into the same kind of things that appeared around me during my sleep paralysis. Black oozing masses, orbs, and moaning shadows aren't the sort of entities I want to share my reality with.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Well how close is OBE's compared to AP.

Out of Body Experience and Astral Projection are the same thing.
It's just that Out of Body Experience is more of a scientific term while Astral Projection is more of a New Age term.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Well if it is an awakening id be glad.

reply to post by sphinx551

Ah i see that makes sense i was trying to see the difference between the two, thanks for clearing that up!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWonder

Oh yeah, dude, I can read.

Check it out.

I was trying to fall asleep last night and as I'm dozing off i lose all train of thought,

worry free I was just focused on one thing

So.. which is it? No train of thought or concentrating on one thing? Both cannot be true in the same instance, and considering this is the same sentence, I must assume it's the same instance.

no distractions and before i drift off i get a jolt of energy out of no where and my whole body jerks really hard.

Textbook Hypnagogic Jerk. Google it.

After this happened i was trying to fall back asleep and i feel this tingling sensation coming from my feet through my legs up my legs, my stomach started to pulse, i was in paralysis. My heart was pounding extremely fast to the point I could feel it in my throat and i had vibrations come over my whole body and end in like the top of my head, my eyes closed for me and i was in a deep focus i was starting to hear a rushing sound and then in my eyelids a white tunnel started to form and it felt like something was pulling me up out and so i snapped back to reality and tried to calm my self down.

Yes there was a very eerie presence in the room, I did not feel alone.

Classic Sleep Paralysis, right down to the rushing sounds and other halucinations and feeling of not being alone.

So let's try to nail this down.

You experienced a hypnagogic jerk which caused an episode of sleep paralysis.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I don't see why you feel the need to 'get to the bottom of this'.

Like I said this is the first time I have ever experienced something like this so if there is minor inconsistence's with my story.. I'm alright with it as i just explained it to the best of my abilities. By train of thought i mean i wasn't thinking about what I had to do tomorrow or worrying about someone, I was blank.. but wasn't, it's not easy to describe.. I was completely in my head.

After your "Hypnagogic Jerk" it made me wide awake which put me into the next episode of the incident of the 'Sleep paralysis'.

Either way I was awake and it wasn't fake.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by LightWonder]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I don't see why you feel the need to 'get to the bottom of this'.

Reread the title of your thread and THEN ask why I am trying to 'get to the bottom of this'.

I'll save you the trouble.. because you asked ATS what happened to you last night.

Word of advice, if you want to simply talk about your "Super Cool OOBE" don't ask us to explain what ACTUALLY happened.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Word of advice, if you want to simply talk about your "Super Cool OOBE" don't ask us to explain what ACTUALLY happened.

So, basically you think Astral Projection is nonsense and never happens to anybody, it's just brain playing tricks?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Its not that, i started this thread just to get answers. Its just your not coming off in a helping manner your being pretty shrill about them like know-it-all.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Its not that, i started this thread just to get answers. Its just your not coming off in a helping manner your being pretty shrill about them like know-it-all.

If you want to have a better experience with Astral Projection next time, you can download the Astral Projection isochronic tone from this website:
iso-tones.com...

It will help with having a full Astral Projection experience.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Thanks for that, And for the back up.

Light!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

So, basically you think Astral Projection is nonsense and never happens to anybody, it's just brain playing tricks?

Of course Astral Projection is nonsense.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Regardless of my tone, my information is solid and verifiable with years of empirical evidence to support it.

Take from it what you want.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Hank, you put yourself in the position which you most stringently object to: You just made a statement of fact for which there is not supportive evidence. I think you made it to get a rise out of the OP and others, but I could (as always) be wrong about that.

I think you'd have done better to say, "In my opinion", or "I believe" or "I think" astral projection is nonsense. You see? Then, there is still a basis for discussion. As you've left it, there is no response option other than anger, because neither position can be proven. There is evidence that can be gathered to support either, and that is the crux of discussion.

Believe me, please, when I say that I support a scientific method of discovery. I freely admit that it doesn't work as well on oneself, given that a truly objective POV is all but impossible when posed toward ourselves. I don't KNOW what I've experienced all my life. I accept the standard scientific view of ordinary sleep paralysis. I don't like it. I have explored it. I wish it would stop. I have had occasion thrice to exit my body and go elsewhere, one of those times having the viewpoint of seeing my body in reclining shadow. I cannot prove that, nor would I try. It just is.

Your opinion equals that of anyone else's. Consider expressing it as such, okay? That lends itself toward continuity of the thread, and discussion. Merely a humble suggestion, nothing more.

cheers

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I think you'd have done better to say, "In my opinion", or "I believe" or "I think" astral projection is nonsense. You see? Then, there is still a basis for discussion. As you've left it, there is no response option other than anger, because neither position can be proven. There is evidence that can be gathered to support either, and that is the crux of discussion.

While I respect what you are saying and know exactly what you mean, I stated what I stated to -stop- the discussion.

Why discuss Astral Projection when it isn't an issue in this thread?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

yes, I understand, Hank. The OP asked our opinion as ATS members as to what "happened" to them. I don't know, and I admit that I made an off-the-cuff-post (my first post on this thread) because the description resonated with my own experiences.

Thank you for your measured response. Respect. I think the OP is searching for answers which none of us can provide, as it delves into the quagmire of human psychological experience, which can lend itself to metaphysical experience, if a person is receptive to such information.

I understand where you're coming from, I think -- I believe you're wanting to quantify the experience, and perhaps were a tad put off by the mystical bent of the developing thread. Nothing wrong with that...... in fact, I think it is helpful, as long as we express our views as our opinions.

I'm frequently taken aback by responses to similar threads where people TELL others what they have gone through, and what they need to do. Those may be based upon strong and supported beliefs, but they are not provable, and should also be expressed as opinion -- in my very humble opinion. lol!

cheers

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well I did state I thought I was in a stage of astral projection, and I wanted to hear about peoples experiences.. I would have to say its an issue and should be discussed.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join