It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened last night?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder
Well I did state I thought I was in a stage of astral projection, and I wanted to hear about peoples experiences..

I also had a similar experience like this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Well I did state I thought I was in a stage of astral projection, and I wanted to hear about peoples experiences..

I also had a similar experience like this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-12-2009 by sphinx551]

I haven't yet experienced this although it might have been much like the sleep paralysis i had it took strong will to overcome it.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
you thought you were special and is destined for greatness. unfortunately it isn't so. you will live your life as you did and a few days from now this experience will mean nothing. the world is still turning, people are still dying, mothers are giving birth and movies are being made. nothing changes.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LightWonder

Dear LightWonder

Have a look at this as I think this may have been what you experienced

en.wikipedia.org...

In short nothing to worry about.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

I don't really see how this post helped solve or get anything done? Pointless.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

reply to post by DOADOA

I don't really see how this post helped solve or get anything done? Pointless.

there isn't anything to solve for one. if anything, ANYTHING authentic happened to you, you would have no doubt what-so-ever, your experience would be unquestionable. you just thought you were special for a minute there and that is all. what i hope to accomplish with this post is to point out the futility of an experience you made up.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
for what its worth...
i think it was the start of out of body experience, or whatever you want to call it....

the symptoms are exactly what I remember....
some how instead of falling asleep you were going into a deep meditation...

if you do not want this to happen again, do not clear your head and concentrate on one thing.. this is what triggered it IMHO....

I did this once, with instruction of how to get there, but no instruction of what to do when in that state... it was presented to me as a way to wake up unused parts of your mind... From my one experience I do believe this to be true... I wasn't expecting the out of body part though, which is probably the big thing that freaked me out....

i was in it for it seemed like maybe one minute (prolly less), got scared and snapped out...

to some of you that seem familiar with this, exactly how safe is it????

my fear was not going back to my body... as soon as i realized the fear, i snapped out, and havn't tried since... my brain had a tingling feeling for like 24 hours or so afterwards...

it is something I would definitely like to try again, just probably need some more instruction on what to do... like how far is it safe to venture ect....
any suggestions on where to find info on this practice???

and before the ATS hecklers start, I HAVE NO ANSWERS AND DON'T CLAIM ANYTHING.. I mean it could have very well been a self induced sleep paralysis, I really have no answers, only questions... I don't believe it to be correct, but, like I said, I DON'T KNOW... It's just my one experience from like 3 years ago.. and have always been curious to learn more...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I don't really like the choice of words you use or the cocky-ness you use in your reply's, i never said i was the "chosen" one nor was I implying it or saying I'm better then anyone else, I'm not sure who's post your read but.. Take it somewhere else please.

Take it somewhere else ?? I could care less wether you like my choice of words or supposed cockyness, .. your the one who put all this out there for feed back, and you never said you were chosen ?? isnt this your exact quote =

""Why was i chosen after all this time, how come only now""

You act like your Neo out of the matrix or something, some of us are just trying to pull you back to the ground.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

You're post do nothing to contribute to anything but your post count.

reply to post by baphomet420

Interesting story, what was it like right before you were pulled out of your body? You hear anyone talking to you?

[edit on 5-12-2009 by LightWonder]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
OP, did all of this occur while you were on your back?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

surprisingly on my side, a force kept telling me or trying to make me go on my back but i was to freaked to project at that time.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Now I don't place a lot of stock in this, and this is certainly not my own opinion, but since no one else seems to be mentioning it...
A few different groups would say that that experience was an attack by something trying to pull you away for whatever reason, and your higher self stepping in (in association with the conscious, sounds to me) and helping you come back.
Maybe that's why you had the good feeling all day. Maybe it/you was shielding you.
Check out www.evpreversespeaking.com and see what they say about "going toward the light.
Again I personally don't place a lot of stock in this scenario (or in that website, really), but, I don't know, I feel I'd be remiss in not mentioning it.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Yeah you were on the verge of OBE its pretty freaky the couple first times it happens cuz you have to let yourself go and you feel your body paralysing the more the vibration thing becomes intense... at some point you might hear something... to me its always the same crystal like sound... you know like if something would be making a huge crystal bowl sing with his finger... but it varies its never the same for people...

I didnt use to believe in OBE until it happen to me a full blown fully aware experience... I walked in my hallway and it was pretty intense... colors and perception is very powerful... I went to the kitchen and I checked at the clock on the microwave... at first I couldn't make out the digits because they were too intense it was like staring at a very powerful light source... then I focused they I could read 9:58... Then I told myself if this #'s real i have to hurry and get back to my body and wake up and check the time... soon as I thought about my body its like if someone turned on a huge vacuum that pulled me back very hard and I then felt I was back inside and the vibration was back and pretty intense but dimming slowly... then when i managed to overcome the paralysis thing and wake myself up i ran to the kitchen it was 10:02....

I've found an easy way to wake up at almost any point during the onset while the vibration gets more strong and the paralysis slowing takes over everything will soon become paralysed beside I can move my neck slightly left to right like in a "NO" motion... if at some point I don't feel safe or don't feel like trying to OBE I do a "NO" motion really fast and it wakes me up all the time... its like if the only muscles you can move are your respiratory muscles and some muscles in your neck... but arms, legs and the rest are gone dead....

Have fun

[edit on 6-12-2009 by _R4t_]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Just so you know SP usually happens when a person is on their back or side.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Oh, my girlfriend has the same thing all the time.
She calls it "the buzz" and she doesn't like it.

I tell her to go investigate what it wants, the voices and all, but she feels very uneasy about it. She is afraid she won't "make it back".

Seems like you are receptive, and that the "spirit realm" knows this. It wants to contact you for some reason, maybe just because they can.

You have to make up your own mind on how to treat it.
I'd like to say; go for it!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I agree. I had an OBE once and it was something that I really focused on doing and the sensation was identical. I actually was able to walk around in a park or rathr manuever around in a park for a minute or two. It takes a lot of meditation and focus but I believe we can all do it.
I was also in jail when it happened and I was actually trying to remove myself from the place at least spiritually. Although I only did it once the meditation got me through the 5 month ordeal. (actually it was just boring)

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy

Originally posted by sphinx551

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
Word of advice, if you want to simply talk about your "Super Cool OOBE" don't ask us to explain what ACTUALLY happened.

So, basically you think Astral Projection is nonsense and never happens to anybody, it's just brain playing tricks?

Of course Astral Projection is nonsense.

Impossible. There was a thread trying to astrally project. I'm the only one who seemed serious about following through with it and three months later I did astral projection at least once.

It was a unique state of consciousness that I've never experienced before. I don't claim to know if its a mystical plane of existence but its at the very least a special state of consciousness that can happen during sleep paralysis.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
*deleted* (wrong thread!)

[edit on 6-12-2009 by truthquest]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

reply to post by HankMcCoy

I don't see why you feel the need to 'get to the bottom of this'.

Why is the topic of the thread asking a question that you don't want an answer to?

"What happened last night?"

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I cant verfiy for you if this is OBE or not but I can share some of my experiences with OBE.

The feelings you mentioned of importance, this is very true of OBE. On my 1st OBE I was on a ferry and I thought I could control everything, my whole boddy was on fire and I felt almost at one with the actual ferry and the engines.

There is no need to worry about not returning, there are no recorded cases of this. When you leave your body you are connected by a silver thread from your astral to your physcial body, I have never seen it but the moment you panic, worry freak out by what is happening you will snap back into your body. As you do this more this will begin to piss you off.

OBE is not easy and I have heard some stories about guides, bad planes etc but I have only had very short and fun expereinces, I fly around a lot like superman which is great fun, nothing scary other worldy etc. I have yet to be able to verfiy anything so can not prove I'm not just dreaming however;

Sleep paralysis, suffered from this a lot when I was a kid. I can tell you with all honesty this OBE experience is nothing like it. The differences I noticed were, the build up to an OBE - my last one was 3 weeks in the making starting with a flight training dream I had at the location that I was travelling to, so I was at a location I had not yet been to, the whole day of the OBE I felt very different and the biggie for me is the actual experience. In Sleep paralysis, my experience, everything happens around you and you have no control, in an OBE you have unlimited control, you are the master and you can change anything.

Good luck to you on your quest sir, I've read every book I can, every DVD etc etc to try and did this will, alas I can not and look forward to my next one with baited breath. p.s. If you want to investigate do not pay anybdoy for help all you need is in the public domain and OBE is personal nobody can help you with it especially for $$$

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join