It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened last night?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest

Impossible. There was a thread trying to astrally project. I'm the only one who seemed serious about following through with it and three months later I did astral projection at least once.

It was a unique state of consciousness that I've never experienced before. I don't claim to know if its a mystical plane of existence but its at the very least a special state of consciousness that can happen during sleep paralysis.

Thank you.
Just because one person says Astral Projection is nonsense, doesn't mean it is.
I do truly believe Astral Projection (or some prefer: Out of Body Experience) happens.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LightWonder

You had what some call the near death experience, in theory you shouldn't be allowed to move to that "dimension" unless it's your time to leave this world. Be aware that doing so is risky since it can result in the death of your body, something that if happens you won't be able to return even if you manage to change your "frequency" back to something that is on par with the one of this dimension.

Outer body experience is a different thing and it's something that doesn't open the gates between dimensions (or densities) you just leave your body but stays within this very same dimension. I must say that when you're out of your body this dimension of ours looks and behaves incredibly different once you're not bound to the physical perception of things.

The tunnels you describe on the other hand are gates to a completely different frequency level. Frequencies which once changed might not be restored to a lower/different level. This means if go down that tunnel you might not be able to come back at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

You experienced a Hypnic Jerk. when the body begins to fall asleep, and muscles relax sometimes the brain misinterprets this as falling and signals the limbs to wake up. This happens to me every night, sometimes 5 or 6 times before I can actually get to sleep. I hav also heard it called a gamma spike, something to with gamma waves in your brain. As far as the rest , no clue what that was all about

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

i did not here any voices...

the voices would have definitely freaked me out.....

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I personally am not a fan of astral projection. Mostly because when i do it, i end up in the darkest of places. They are like waking dreams except as bad as any nightmare you've ever had. Good thing the darkness is not usual too strong for my paralyzed self to handle

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

its not like that is a bad thing. the up tunnel is much better than getting demoted to a lower level of consciousness. Going from human to monkey overnight must not feel too good.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
I know exactly what happened to you. An entity of the astral world was playing with you big time, trying to help you project through a mind tunnel that leads to their world. According to their own laws, they are not allowed doing that, unless it is your time to die (according to your astrological life plan).
Some of your inner centers must be closed in order to prevent this from ever happening again. Your psyche is vulnerable to attack. Be very careful, i know from personal experience.

I disagree with this statement emphatically. Just because this happened to you does not mean that this is the fate for everyone who has had something similar. By making a statement like this, you could stunt this person's spiritual growth and their willingness to explore the astral plane. If you go into any situation with fear in your heart, then you are prone to being approached by malevolent entities, so for that, I give you an ounce of truth in your statement.. If you go with love in your heart, then the sky is the limit as to what you achieve. Don't project your fears onto other people Lagenese, because that is equally as forbidden in the ethereal realm...you're messing with the free will of others.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by double_frick
reply to post by HankMcCoy

its not usually as dramatic as you explained, but there was one night that i had multiple episodes of exactly what you are describing and not only did i feel a presence in the room (i was too scared to look) i also heard the door close EEEEEEK! scariest night EVER.
i don' t know what that was...but it did seem like a catalyst...or at least the beginning of my spiritual awakening, so to speak.

This used to happen with me a lot until this thing finally left me alone.... the door would shut, something would sit on me holding me down while punching me and then the door would shut.... i was told it was 'sleep paralysis' but hey, they would explain it away with something....

Anyway hope you escape from it.....

[edit on 6-12-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ok. Use your gut; You believe, "someone" was trying to pull you out of your body; and that you were not comfortable.

I can tell you that you were most likely uncomfortable for the right reasons; thus you resisted. I believe a good being with true authority would not have scared you and no doubt would have showed you whatever it was intending naturally; and without resistance.

You were reacting because part of you allready knew it was not a good being. Like I said; trust your gut. Believe it or not; I've seen some heavy hitters in areas such as these. I have learned to believe my gut; regardless of what I was observing.

No consequencE..

Thank you.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by noconsequence]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Numerology is very important.Yesterday was 1,111 days from the winter solstice of 2012,21/12/12.Was it possible you were meditating yesterday or that it happened @11:11 am or pm.The numbers of 11 are significant.You may have been connecting to a spirit guide.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Sounds like an OBE for sure. I was a nonbeliever and decided to try to experience this "nonsense" for myself, only to find out there isn't any nonsense behind it. I bought a book and with many months of practice and visualization exercises it spontaneously happened. I was in deep sleep and was woken very suddenly with a deep vibration, almost electrical. My feet and hands started going numb with a tingly sensation which spread through my body. There was a loud buzzing sound, and I could see (what I would describe as) white static though my eyes were closed, and a pushing sensation at my back. It happened extremely fast, and the next thing I knew, I was sitting on the edge of my bed. I was a bit confused at first wondering how in the heck I got to be sitting at the end of the bed when I had just been lying down. I turned to look at the bed and saw a body under the covers, at which point it dawned on me as to what had happened. It scared me so badly that all of a sudden I was "snapped" back to my body. I had a hard time falling asleep after that.

The strange thing was, the next night as I was dozing off, it started again before I was even fully asleep. This time the sensation came on more gradually and much stronger. I was so scared and remember thinking that I didn't want this to happen again. My body was already paralyzed with that electrical thing it was doing, and I could feel the pushing sensation starting. I fought it off, refusing to allow it to progress, and it began to subside. Haven't had it happen like that since. Though since then over the years, I've had things happen that I can't explain. Someone here mentioned things, entities of some sort, "black oozing masses" specifically, which I've never heard about anywhere before until now. I thought I was the only one that had a really frightening experience with one of these, fully awake with another person present in the room. Both of us were "paralyzed" with some sort of numbing electrical feeling where we couldn't move while this thing was in the room with us. Very frightening and hopefully not something I would ever run into again.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

sounds like a kundalini awakening.
It would be wise to get a kundalini guru to get proper guidance, rather than get lost when such things happen.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder

I could hear someone talking to me, telling me to go, to come, don't be scared.. Like things along the lines of that. I kept saying not now.. not tonight.

To me, it now sounds like Lucid Dreaming.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I had this since I was 13. And it stopped when I was 22 I think. Don't know why though. What I was always hearing just before i fell in to sleep paralysis was Tao's Hum. And then my feet would vibrate and it would cover my whole body till I couldn't move.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
LightWonder, I had something very disturbing happen to me the same night you're describing. Before I went to sleep I was having energies that tickled me a lot more than usual in a way that I had to move all the time (spirits?). I was having two nasty adult dreams and at the end of the second dream I was lying on my back in a very desolate dark room on a single bed with a spider web on top of me. Suddenly I felt a presence at the right side of the bed and I saw a shadow creature standing to my right. He stretches his hand towards my head, I get a very strong sense of panic, fear. I feel like I'm being raped, I kick the wall to my left and I end in a short sleep paralysis (maybe 5-10 seconds). I was being pushed down and heavily supressed and when I called for AA Michael the paralysis ended.

It's a bit weird to me because this usually don't happen to me specially sleep paralysis.

The latest days have also been a turning point for me. Before this happened my depression turned a bit and I started going to the gym again so maybe it could have something to do with that, I don't know.

[edit on 2009-12-7 by bracke]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
"You experienced a hypnagogic jerk."

"You experienced sleep paralysis."

Ok. It seems no one is really disputing that.

"Anything that the consciousness experiences after that is merely a dream."

Ok. That's one theory. Since this is obviously a discussion about what else the consciousness may be experiencing during these times, then there's not much more you can add to it, if that's your belief system.

This topic may not be recognized by empirical science, but that hasn't stopped the powers that be from spending lord-knows-how-much money on operations like Project Stargate (it involves "remote viewing", a closely-related subject; plenty of threads about it here).

Discussions like this one were the ones that shaped modern day science, and even then there were smug know-it-all types standing around poo-pooing all the ideas they disagreed with. Despite their continued efforts, we will continue to participate in the shaping of science while they amuse themselves with the sound of their own smug laughter.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Thank you for all the replys and i truly feel without a doubt it was some form of awakening. For one i have not ever shared any of these ideas with anyone close to me, related, friends, and by chance a girl i knew asked me about 11:11 yesterday and we started talking and to say the least we covered a whole array of spiritual topics like ap, auoras, kundalini. Anyway she told me she astral projected one time and we started talking about this and she wanted me to try and experience it because it was the most amazing thing that ever happened to her.

The funny thing is I went to school with her and even associated with the same group of friends but never payed much attention to her at all.

So eventually i asked her "lets try to get on the astral plane together"

So we actually tried last night and i was on the verge of lifting out of my body again as i went through all the same things i stated in my OP, but due to dogs barking and some distractions i gave up after about an hour.

Anyway, we are very very curious in getting on the astral plane together and exploring.

Side note: she lives about 5 minutes from my house walking so we are actually very close to eachother if this is of any signifigance.

Any insight on this at all would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

[edit on 9-12-2009 by LightWonder]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Anyone? I really need insight for my last post.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What you describe is what i experience during sleep paralysis. This happens to me either before sleep or upon waking. I used to panic but i have no fear anymore.

A quick experience i had during sleep paralysis :- One afternoon about 7 years ago i lay down on top of my bed to relax before work. I remember it vividly, the sun was shining on my face through the open window and there was a slight breeze of fresh cut grass wafting through the room. I had a sleep paralysis episode not long after laying down. This time it went further than just the rushing of energy from my feet to my head, i was completely aware,could feel the warmth from the sun and still smell the grass yet unable to move,then the sound came, it was normal (like blowing wind or crashing waves) then i was flying through the air, very fast! It felt like it lasted maybe 5/10 seconds. I was aware that i was looking down at a house i lived in previously when i was a kid. Then i snapped out.

Now, the above i have thought about many times. Was it a dream? Could well have been. What steers me away from that is the fact i experience sleep paralysis often and each time it happens i am aware of it, just paralysed, then i snap out and get up. This tells me that i am aware of what is happening and able to get up afterwards. Unlike waking from a dream and thinking, ok , now i am aware and that was a dream.

Take Care all

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join