It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find Your Totem Animal

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I just had an intense conversation with someone over here
which ended up being about my animals too, the person knows their stuff!!

but I found that book I was talking about + deck of cards

"Medicine cards:the discovery of power through the ways of animals"
By
Jamie Sams & David Carson

Illustrated by Angela C. Werneke

published by Bear & Co santa fe, mexico.

Whats weird is that the person i was talking to said they sensed a bear around me at this time, and then literally 20min later I found the book.

One of many spooky aspects to that conversation, anyway I'm gonna re-read the book & try and get the remaining directions accounted for, anything I can relay from the book that might be of help - let me know

-B.M

P.S) cards/book cover the following :

eagle, hawk, elk, deer, bear, snake, skunk, otter, butterfly, turtle, moose, porcupine, coyote, dog, wolf, raven, mountain lion, Lynx, Buffalo, Mouse, Owl, Beaver, Opossum, Crow, Fox, Squirrel, Dragonfly, Armadillo, Badger, Rabbit, Turkey, Ant, Weasel, Grouse, Horse, Lizard, Antelope, Frog, Swan, Dolphin, Whale, Bat, Spider, Hummingbird.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Just out of curiosity...perhaps you could tell me what it says about the otter?
I always find it fascinating to use other peoples points of view instead of simply my own....

Thank you
A2D

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Are there any Legit animal totem shamans ??? who can help me find what my true totem animal is ??

I would be most grateful

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

What do you mean any true legit totem animal shamans?

If you want help, just ask...unless you're implying that I have no idea what I'm doing........

A2D

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

What a wonderful visualisation/meditation technique! I used to use a very similar one that I devised myself to help me relax before going to sleep, it can take some refinement and practice but you really feel like you are there in that forest.

I strongly believe that everyone had guides, and that different guides with different areas of expertise come into our lives when needed.

Might they take on the guise of an animal to convey a message, or portray and aspect of us that we need to concentrate on? Absolutely, anything is possible.

I was going to try your technique yesterday but I was unexpectedly called into work, but as it happens I think I found another sign leading me to my totem animal.

I work with children, and I asked the little girl I was with at the time if she wanted me to read her a story (she is 3 years old). She went over to the bookshelf containing many books, and returned with one about a wolf.

I absolutely love and adore wolves, and I've always, since being a little girl had a thing about the moon.

A few days a go I did one of those online "find your animal totem" quizes, and mine was a wolf, in fact wolves keep popping up in my life a lot recently.

I found this interpretation of having a Wolf as your animal totem:

Intuition, Learning, Spirit

This totem brings faithfulness, inner strength
and intuition when he enters our lives.
But he also brings learning to live with one's self.
The wolf teaches us to learn about our inner self
and to find our inner power and strength.
But to achieve this, we must take risks
and face our deepest fears.
A wolf totem demands sincerity.

This totem demands a lot of us
but gives us much in return;
a spirit helper that is always there to help
and gives us extraordinary powers of endurance.
He reminds us to listen to our inner thoughts
and trust our insights.

They remind us not to waste resources and
to learn how to avoid trouble and confrontations.
People with Wolf totems have the capacity to make quick and firm emotional attachments.
Trust your insights about these attachments. Wolf will guide you.
Take control of your life with Wolf’s help and do so with harmony and discipline.

Wolf Totem Meaning

I know I've already posted this photo recently, but I really like it.

Arrrrrhooooooooooooooooooo!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd3f3422562a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Eevee

That is such a beautiful picture. and

but gives us much in return
I couldn't have said it better myself...in fact...I think my previous description of the wolf may have had these exact words...if not slightly different...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4e3c367a720.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
reply to post by Eevee

That is such a beautiful picture. and

but gives us much in return
I couldn't have said it better myself...in fact...I think my previous description of the wolf may have had these exact words...if not slightly different...

Good for you!

I've found your interpretations on this thread to be very insightful and accurate. I think we should always take what the animal represents to us personally, and interpret things from there.

edit to add: how do you embed? lol

Great picture.

To embed the picture, you need to log in to your media portal, upload the photo, then just copy and paste the link...hope that helps.

Edit: I see you already figured it out.

[edit on 9-12-2009 by Eevee]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Eevee

Yes, I managed to figure it out before you posted, but thank you nonetheless! I find this picture to be very "on-par" with my personality!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

suggestion:
look to nature....go on a vision quest of sorts....doesn't mean u have to leave your house......can't talk about it without violation T&C.....bouncing bear botanicals dot com......erowid dot com....some people can't break free from the parts of themselves that won't 'believe'....sometimes these people need to 'crack open' their mind......get out of their own way, so to speak.

-B.M

shaman-australis dot com
azarius dot net
herbalistics dot com dot au
earth alchemy dot net

[edit on 9/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   

can do....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Number-8

Otter....
So playful!
Coquettes by the stream.
The medicine of woman,
The Realised Dream.

Otter

-Woman Medicine-

The medicine held by Otter is a set of lessons in female energy.
This applies to both men and women, as all of us have female sides. The Otter's hide is very often used to make medicine bags for powerful women because it represents balanced female energy.

Otter is very caring of its young and will play for hours, performing all types of acrobatics. It lives on land, but always has its home near water. The elements of earth and water are the female elements. At home in both of these elements, Otter is the personification of femininity: long, sleek & graceful, Otter is the true coquette of the animal world.

Otter is always on the move and is very curious. Unlike other animals, Otter will not start a fight unless it is attacked first. This joyful little creature is adventuresome and assumes that all other creatures are friendly - until proven otherwise. These character traits are the beauty of a balanced female side, the side of ourselves that creates a space for others to enter our lives without preconceptions or suspicions. Otter teaches us that balanced female energy is not jealous or catty. It is sisterhood, content to enjoy and share the good fortune of others. Anchored in the understanding that all accomplishments are worthwhile for the whole tribe, Otter people express joy for others.

Long ago, in tribal law, if a woman were widowed, her sister would offer her own husband to the widow as a lover to keep her from drying up & not using her creative urges. This is Otter medicine, too. Envy, or the fear of being replaced, has no space in Otter's balanced understanding of sharing goodness.

Woman energy without games or control is a beautiful experience. It is the freeness of love without jealousy. It is the joy of loving other people's children and their accomplishments as much as you love you own.

It may be time to examine your feelings about sharing the bounty of your life with others. Otter may be saying that the finer qualities of woman need to be striven for in both men & women so that a unity of spirit can be achieved. This would involve the destruction of jealousy and of all the acts of anger which stem from that fear. It would mean keeping a Hawk-eye on your ego & maintaining total trust. It would mean a world full of people coming together to homor the right of each person to be.

If you have drawn this symbol, (B.M- "drawn this card from the deck")
Otter may be telling you to become the playful child and to simply allow things to unfold in your life. It may be time to stop your addiction to worrying. Otter also teaches the importance of not hanging onto material things that would bind you or become a burden. In looking at how you can learn from Otters habit's, you might look at the joyousness of the receptive energy. Honour it! In doing so, you will discover the power of woman.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Contrary:
If the Otter card appears reversed, you may be running from one idea to another without focus. This could also imply that you have forgotten hot to receive, and are blocking a gift from the universe with your male side. If this is the case, you may be embarrassed to receive compliments, to have someone hug you, or to allow your genuine personality to come out. Fear of being rejected is the contrary message of Otter. Drop the seriousness on all levels and play at life so that the fear rolls off your back.
Realise that the only flow is the flow of love from the great spirit to you, from others, and from others back to you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
P.L.U.R.I
-B.Morrison
P.S) agree2disagree & evee both have star wars themed signatures. ha.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison

Otter is always on the move and is very curious. Unlike other animals, Otter will not start a fight unless it is attacked first. This joyful little creature is adventuresome and assumes that all other creatures are friendly - until proven otherwise. These character traits are the beauty of a balanced female side, the side of ourselves that creates a space for others to enter our lives without preconceptions or suspicions. Otter teaches us that balanced female energy is not jealous or catty. It is sisterhood, content to enjoy and share the good fortune of others. Anchored in the understanding that all accomplishments are worthwhile for the whole tribe, Otter people express joy for others.

Woman energy without games or control is a beautiful experience. It is the freeness of love without jealousy. It is the joy of loving other people's children and their accomplishments as much as you love you own.

It may be time to examine your feelings about sharing the bounty of your life with others. Otter may be saying that the finer qualities of woman need to be striven for in both men & women so that a unity of spirit can be achieved. This would involve the destruction of jealousy and of all the acts of anger which stem from that fear. It would mean keeping a Hawk-eye on your ego & maintaining total trust. It would mean a world full of people coming together to homor the right of each person to be.

That is most definitely me! The otter has long been my constant. I found "Unlike other animals, Otter will not start a fight unless it is attacked first." to be the most accurate and revealing statement....

Thank you so much!
A2D

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Thanks B. Morrison, I have sone some research on " Salvia" ... and I can see why medicine men have used it for spiritual work. I was just wondering if anyone can find my totem animal for me , ... because I do not trust my own imagination.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
agree2disagree - u are most welcome, and I noticed that aspect of the otter early on in this thread in ur comm's with a certain masked friend of ours...

Intastellaburst - no prob
, bout to have my first experience with that plant hopefully this weekend. About your imagination...with these "medicinal aids" trusting your imagination is a non issue, thats the point of them, they take over
best advice I can give is to hit up those sites, thoroughly research the stuff, and when confident, have a go, and 'go with it'...its not for everyone, but its a method nonetheless. As far as someone telling you your animals, perhaps if you can find a traditional setting, with an authentic shaman, or even an experienced modern shaman or psychonaut, they could help guide you through the experience. Its always a good idea to put your safety first. It always helps to have a friendly voice to remind you 'its ok...they're just hallucinations" and that sort of thing...mind u...strength of experience varies from 'stuff' to 'stuff' and some consumption methods make for incomprehensible surroundings, in which case a guide would have to be skilled in the icaros to still be able to get through to you,

all the best, stay safe, be well.

I hope you can find a method your comfortable with, and you get to experience this aspect of your own life, its a fun ride

-B.Morrison

P.S) key word - icaros...
..listen to the jungle song...
..go meet the cosmic serpent...
.google is your friend..

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Eevee

Its an amazing thing to have a wolf guide isn't it, especially when its your primary.!!! Personally, I know there are so many things the wolf has to teach us, Im just glad mine is with me for life(s) haha, that way i can learn everything it has to teach.

Love n Light to each n every one of you.!! =)

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
agree2disagree - u are most welcome, and I noticed that aspect of the otter early on in this thread in ur comm's with a certain masked friend of ours...

Intastellaburst - no prob
, bout to have my first experience with that plant hopefully this weekend. About your imagination...with these "medicinal aids" trusting your imagination is a non issue, thats the point of them, they take over
best advice I can give is to hit up those sites, thoroughly research the stuff, and when confident, have a go, and 'go with it'...its not for everyone, but its a method nonetheless. As far as someone telling you your animals, perhaps if you can find a traditional setting, with an authentic shaman, or even an experienced modern shaman or psychonaut, they could help guide you through the experience. Its always a good idea to put your safety first. It always helps to have a friendly voice to remind you 'its ok...they're just hallucinations" and that sort of thing...mind u...strength of experience varies from 'stuff' to 'stuff' and some consumption methods make for incomprehensible surroundings, in which case a guide would have to be skilled in the icaros to still be able to get through to you,

all the best, stay safe, be well.

I hope you can find a method your comfortable with, and you get to experience this aspect of your own life, its a fun ride

-B.Morrison

P.S) key word - icaros...
..listen to the jungle song...
..go meet the cosmic serpent...
.google is your friend..

Could you tell me about mine? Mine is the dragonfly. It seems like no one besides me has gotten the dragonfly.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Could you tell me about mine? Mine is the dragonfly. It seems like no one besides me has gotten the dragonfly.

yes I can, but the animal that seems to show up the most in my life so far is the dragonfly, think there were a couple others with d-fly too....?

from the book....(sick of typing it all out
)

I really really dig the powers of the d-fly, second only to that of the crow...oh what a wonderful thing it would be to master the art of the crow...yet so few have ever managed it....only in very old times...american indians....the wolf clan...grandmother twylah...god i love this book...

hopefully these pics will be auto-resized coz they are fairly huge...

[edit:the first image has been cropped, right click & select 'view image' 2 read text]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55bed806b5e6.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b27a679b0cd5.jpg[/atsimg]

-B.M

P.S) agree2disagree - I'm about to scan, up & post some info from the book about the people who wrote it because I think its fascinating and you might also

[edit on 10/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Fantastic B.M. I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you again for your contributions to this thread. Your input is very much appreciated.

A2D

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Fantastic B.M. I'm looking forward to it.

Thank you again for your contributions to this thread. Your input is very much appreciated.

A2D

A2D, mate, if you hadn't brought this thread into existence, I would never have found out about the bear, or the wind, or found my book again, or got rid of some negative energy that was plaguing me...the list goes on,
The gratitude is mutual man

have a read of this tho because it put to rest any doubts i had about the integrity of the book, and I found it really exciting when i found the 'wind' references, due to wind vs. bear situation i'm in, both are in this book...now i just have to figure out what they want...
the wind was doing some funky things today....I wonder if I'm meant to follow it....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa6bad370c87.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5300ec095ece.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/848f3cf6e382.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/faf907c5e887.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcb41bd8f9cf.jpg[/atsimg]

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

P.S) the fact that the 'spirit road' is the colour blue, has major significance to me, now i just need to understand it...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I'm kinda new to this site. Totem animals - it doesn't seem there's any conspiracy here. I've seen some great threads on conspiracies... can we just post pretty much anything that's not in the public eye??

Forgive me please if this is rude - I guess I'm just confused why totem animals would be found on ATS.

by the way I've had a doe, an eagle, and a white elephant at times in my past.

[edit on 11-12-2009 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

look at which category its in "paranormal studies"

spirit guides fall into the realms of the paranormal.

-B.M

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join