It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find Your Totem Animal

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I tried what this thread said, and I saw dragonflies. What is the meaning of dragonflies as a totem animal?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Wow dragonflies. I'm not even sure.

I'd think....change, maybe transcendence...and reflective energy. Dragonflies tend to reflect the light and catch one's eye. Dragonflies remind us that we are light creatures. It reminds us that we're beautiful and unique. Life is always filled with light and colour.

A2D

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I gotta jump in here and say that dragonflies are held to be symbolic of illusions....our own and those imposed on us. They are asking us to look at our lives and see past the things that we think are real that may not be.

Just a though...I'm in a wee bit of a rush!

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I gave it a shot; In the beginning, I saw a deer-like silhouette looking at me from a distance. I wound up sitting down against one of those birch trees, and having a nice conversation with a very large male elk. He seemed to be wise, and had a very calm tone when he spoke.

I feel somewhat enlightened, but also kind of like a nutjob.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PirateShark

it's natural to feel like a nutjob. I feel like one almost daily.

You already know the characteristics of the elk! I'd also like to add that they're graceful and headstrong...

A2D

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Its ok B.M...you still are a good read and I enjoy how you use words.

No harm...no problems.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

As I said before I tried and failed at this but I have had dreams with animals involved.

I was reading a book about increasing the energy within your body, I was struggling with this and then I received a dream. In it I had two gerbils, one in each of my hands. I loved these gerbils more than anything in the world. There was also a repeated symbol of a closely interlocking wooden pattern.

I had lost the gerbils by the end of the dream but I have never forgotten the message.

I also have a close affinity with robins

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Its ok B.M...you still are a good read and I enjoy how you use words.
No harm...no problems.

You're a good man mask

you like the way I use my words? thats awesome, I thought i was the only one getting a kick out of that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
but to get back on topic...dragonflies...

the above post about 'illusions' (caitlinfae) made me feel a bit sketchy as the dragonfly is the predominant player out of my 4 animals, I always interpreted it as a reflection of my obsession with 'finding things out' like a natural born reality detective. Just my 2 cent.

I managed to find my notes from when I received my totem animals & wanted to share them here...

7 animals make up a totem pole, several years ago I received 4 animals & three 'blanks'. What that means (apparently) is there are 3 more animals to appear or be found at some point in my life & until then, the empty space=unfulfilled potential=my life & who I am is not set in concrete, I'm being shown I have a role to play in determining the future
which is nice.

Also, my animals came with directions....and numbers....

(I only have the number for the possum tho)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
direction = animal = traits
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
EAST = Blank = totem/shield/self/ally

-"?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOUTH = Possum (opossum) - Diversion/strategy/instincts/(no. 23)

-"be clever",
-"expect the unexpected",
-"play dead",
-"I owe no one an excuse for how I feel & what I experience"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WEST = Blank = (nothing, I assume all blanks are the same)

-"?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NORTH = Raven = Magic/change of consciousness

-"I have earned the right to see & experience a little more of life's magic"

(guardian of ceremonial magic & in Absentia healing?)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ABOVE = Dragonfly = illusions/transformation

-"If you feel the need for change, call on the dragonfly to guide you through the mists of illusion to the pathway of transformation."

-"I am creating it all"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BELOW = Crow = Divine law/shape shifting

-"?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WITHIN = Blank = Blank
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what do you make of that agree2disagree? seems like we're following different variations of the same thing no? but mine does seem different right? straight away I want to mention that yeah maybe the method I used to determine my animals was less authentic, but it still worked good enough that these animals are most definitely my guides now

-B.M

[edit on 6/12/09 by B.Morrison]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by me...HA!
what do you make of that agree2disagree? seems like we're following different variations of the same thing no? but mine does seem different right?

maybe not..found some info...

apparently theres 9 animals, not 7, one on your left & right also (makes 9).

Your totems are found in 7 directions around your spirit: East, South, West, North, Above, Below and Within. The last two animals are walking beside you at all times; your Right Side (male) and your Left Side (feminine). While sometimes the living animal is around you, most often they are only the essence of the animal.

source

EAST:

Your totem animal in the East guides you to your greatest spiritual challenges and guards you while you are on that path of illumination.

WEST:

Your totem animal in the West leads you to your personal truth. He helps you find the answers you already have buried deep within.

SOUTH:

Your totem animal in the South brings you trust, balance, and innocence. He protects your inner child.

NORTH:

Your totem animal in the North is very wise. He helps you to discern when to listen and when to speak. He also reminds you of all the blessings that have been bestowed upon you.

ABOVE:

Your totem animal from Above connects you to the Great Star Nation, the Universe, and reminds you that you came from the stars and so shall return someday. This totem also brings you the dreams you experience in the Dream Time, helping you connect to other dimensions other than just this one.

BELOW:

Your totem animal from Below brings lessons about Mother Earth and how to stay grounded and balanced while here in the Earth Walk.

WITHIN:

Your totem animal from Within brings you your heart's desire and gives you the strength to be true to your dreams and Walk your Talk.

RIGHT SIDE:

Your totem animal on your Right Side protects you like a father. He is your protector as well as the one who gives you your courage and spirit to fight when necessary.

LEFT SIDE:

Your totem animal on your Left Side protects you like a mother. He teaches nurturing yourself as well as others. He teaches how to experience and have loving relationships.

source

normally I avoid card decks & new age like my life depended on it, but the card deck worked & I've got my animals
simple as that

except i am gonna have to try and find out what the 'left/right side' results are at some time.....like the spots are probably already filled, but with what i dont know...maybe I'll try the exercise in the OP...

-B.M

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Awesome A2D, thanks for the link, im looking at it now, i was delightfully surprised that Unicorn was there!!!! Unicorns are my favorite animal, i have depictions of them plastered allover my room. I also like Jaguars a lot. Hey, can i ask you something A2D? Have you heard something called a Gaud? Anyhow, i still have not tried this yet, its an ungly time of year where i live and i have seasonal gorophobia (I think thats what its called) it wehre i have an intense fear of the outside during a certain time of year because of the tempurature and apperance. Everything looks dead, no color and is very cold and depressing, so i probably wont be doing this until spring... Anyhow, i wanted to add that i had other dreams in the not so distant past about strange spirit animals. I saw a Giant glowing white Eagle with silver and gold on the feather tips, a pink beak, and glowing pink eyes, i said a name in the dream and called it Screaming Eagle or Screaming Hawk (cant remember now which it was) I also saw a huge Unicornlike animal, it bucked like a Bronco, it had something about it that reminded me of a Buck. When it Bucked and threw this tantrum, there was thunder that caused an earthquake, there was sudden darkness and neon lightning that flashed in the sky like a blitz.

And the weirdest thing i saw was this huge feline thing. A long neck ( little longer than a horses and was flexible like a swan's) It had sabred fangs, it whiskers were like long striped porquipine quills. On its forehead was a huge cluster of diamonds and crystals with one long shard pointing outward (like a unicorn) it was fascetted like a jewel and sparked as like shined on it and the diamonds around it had a type of aurora borealis effect when light refracted from them. It had paws like a lions and talon's like an Eagle (Or Velociraptor) It had stripes in a peculiar pattern (like banded agate stone) this thing had 5 or 6 tails. And a mane like a horse's that was made of flowing fire. Its body structure was both catlike and doglike, like a mix of cheetah and doberman pincher, even its ears looked like either a Doberman's or a Bat's. THe long flowing hair between the devided of the seperate tails was wavy an irridescant rainbow in color. Its skin was a pure white and instead of fur it had what looked like scales, more like a fish's but was smooth and velvety to touch, the scales had a look to them like a white beta's, where some scales were iridescant w' color while others were white. (Hard to explain) It could fly, but i dont recall seeing wings, but you know how some horses have that long flowing feathering on the back of their legs? This thing had that, but the 'feathering' was also made of fire.

It inspired me so much that i painted it (its a really big painting though, no possible way i could scan it) took me 2 years to complete. Ive 'dreamt' of this spirit several times. It tells me things and taought me it's song ( only wish i could remember it vividly enough and knew music so i could write it) I saw a halo of bright white shimmering light that surrounded and kept its face from being seen plainly the last time i saw her (the time i heard her song) I do however remember something she told me, she came from the staff i have and she is connected w/ the staff.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyxquarra Xxxendra HoTTch
... Anyhow, i wanted to add that i had other dreams in the not so distant past about strange spirit animals. I saw a Giant glowing white Eagle with silver and gold on the feather tips, a pink beak, and glowing pink eyes, i said a name in the dream and called it Screaming Eagle or Screaming Hawk (cant remember now which it was) I also saw a huge Unicornlike animal, it bucked like a Bronco, it had something about it that reminded me of a Buck. When it Bucked and threw this tantrum, there was thunder that caused an earthquake, there was sudden darkness and neon lightning that flashed in the sky like a blitz.

And the weirdest thing i saw was this huge feline thing. A long neck ( little longer than a horses and was flexible like a swan's) It had sabred fangs, it whiskers were like long striped porquipine quills. On its forehead was a huge cluster of diamonds and crystals with one long shard pointing outward (like a unicorn) it was fascetted like a jewel and sparked as like shined on it and the diamonds around it had a type of aurora borealis effect when light refracted from them. It had paws like a lions and talon's like an Eagle (Or Velociraptor) It had stripes in a peculiar pattern (like banded agate stone) this thing had 5 or 6 tails. And a mane like a horse's that was made of flowing fire. Its body structure was both catlike and doglike, like a mix of cheetah and doberman pincher, even its ears looked like either a Doberman's or a Bat's. THe long flowing hair between the devided of the seperate tails was wavy an irridescant rainbow in color. Its skin was a pure white and instead of fur it had what looked like scales, more like a fish's but was smooth and velvety to touch, the scales had a look to them like a white beta's, where some scales were iridescant w' color while others were white. (Hard to explain) It could fly, but i dont recall seeing wings, but you know how some horses have that long flowing feathering on the back of their legs? This thing had that, but the 'feathering' was also made of fire.

It inspired me so much that i painted it (its a really big painting though, no possible way i could scan it) took me 2 years to complete. Ive 'dreamt' of this spirit several times. It tells me things and taought me it's song ( only wish i could remember it vividly enough and knew music so i could write it) I saw a halo of bright white shimmering light that surrounded and kept its face from being seen plainly the last time i saw her (the time i heard her song) I do however remember something she told me, she came from the staff i have and she is connected w/ the staff.

I think in your dreams you have manifested a creature that exhibits all the traits of your complete totem pole. There is, however, no way of knowing this for sure.

And to answer your question, no, I have not heard of a "gaud". Dreams are another thing I wish to cover in the near future. They're very fascinating and many people don't give them the respect that they deserve. Many people either neglect or straight out refuse to see the relevance and importance that dreams represent in our physical and spiritual lives...

I wish I could see this painting that you have mentioned. It sounds magnificent. But yes, I think you have envisioned your "complete totemic animalistic pole figure"...if it's okay for me to call it that.

I would think this is very rare and gives a much better view of the traits and characteristics that you should/do exhibit in this life...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
The thing you just said, complete animalistic totem spirit... Its called a Gaud. (its what i was told by this spirit,) staff spirits/ Gauds, are like totem animals, but Gauds are born from the energy you put into making the staff, club, lance, walkingstick etc... I have more than one of these staffs, and so, i have more than one Gaud, each represents the different energies that went into creating my staffs. Energy manifests, and the enrgy i put into these things manifested a spirit. Ive also seen it clearly ONCE while i was awake. (thats another story) and its not the only Gaud i had a vision of, i saw one from a my prayer stick, it was some type of catarpillar. The Other Gaud i had a Vision of was the Bucking Bronco Unicorn deer thing that created the storms. The Eagle i am uncertain of, but i have a walkingstick w/ a Dancing-bird design burned into it.

Anyhow, a Gaud stays w/ you for life. A Gaud can exibit traits of your personality aswell as reflect the type of energy that was put into creating the staff or whatever.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
I tried what this thread said, and I saw dragonflies. What is the meaning of dragonflies as a totem animal?

Here is a little more symbolism on the dragonfly: www.animaltotem.com...

I will try the exercise from the beginning of the thread soon. Fun stuff!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Hehe, I am Seminole Cherokee and Irish.. I am of the Hawk Spirit

Proud to be a messenger. Hawk has been with me my entire life

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I find the directional information fascinating, since in my meditation the moose I saw appeared from the south and was going north. What do people think that means potentially?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
I find the directional information fascinating, since in my meditation the moose I saw appeared from the south and was going north. What do people think that means potentially?

I'll try, but I'm no expert on the directional aspects. As B.M kindly pointed out

SOUTH: Your totem animal in the South brings you trust, balance, and innocence. He protects your inner child.

NORTH: Your totem animal in the North is very wise. He helps you to discern when to listen and when to speak. He also reminds you of all the blessings that have been bestowed upon you.

I'll take the sources credibility at face value just for this purpose. I'd think that the moose is simply leading you out of the inner child(spiritually) and into the more mature nature of life. It's much like the natural process that we go through during our adolescence. Your moose is growing up!

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
I'll try, but I'm no expert on the directional aspects. As B.M kindly pointed out

Ha! sorry man that wasn't my intent, the first post i was asking u for info specifically because i'd heard you mention your friend on the reserve, and as I don't even live in america, I can't walk onto the nearest reserve and ask if my methods are authentic & blah, so I actually WAS looking at you as more of the expert, by a long way
then in the 2nd post when i said 'maybe not' i meant like maybe the direction thing IS what you're stuff is...but it turned out not to be?

I won't lie, i got my animals from a book & a deck of cards. Which is exactly why I doubted it until I started to see proof of my animals existence

-B.M

P.S)can't remember what the book is called, if i can find it & let y'all know..

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

oh no no no
I wasn't implying that you pointed out that I wasn't the expert. I said "as B.M kindly pointed out..." and then the quote from your post. I meant that you pointed out what the directions meant in relation to the totemic animals!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I meditated on this again last night. As it turns out, my moose doesn't like it when I hold his antlers as he leads me through the woods. He shakes his head around, and I hold on to his side/fur instead.

Even if this is all my imagination working over time, it definitely instills me with a sense of peace. I guess I forgot how nice it is to just sit and relax and visualize something pleasant. I used to do it all the time as a teenager but then life intervened and convinced me it wasn't important. I will not make that mistake again.

[edit on 12/8/2009 by AceWombat04]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Yea, i feel i have ALWAYS had a connection with 'wolf'. Even when i was younger, for instance: I was between the ages of 8-11, i was staying with my G-ma. My brother n I shared a room, my mom slept in the living room n my G-ma stayed down the hall in her own room. One night i was sleeping but was awoken to the feeling of being watched. It wasn't accompanied by any fear or any negative vibes, just the thought of being watched made me uneasy, n it felt like the 'watcher' was in the doorway or hallway looking in so i mustered the courage to jump outta bed n run to the living room to jump in bed with my mom n (what any kid that age would do) hid under the covers.! haha. but it still felt like i was being watched, so i lifted my head from under the covers n was immediately "Awe-struck" by what i saw. What i saw was a wolf, not a normal lookin wolf, no, it was much larger (at the time i was 4'8 n it's head came to my chin). N it seemed to have a white luminescence about it... like its whole body was white light, kinda looked like it was made of white smoke...?! I remember having this certain feeling whenever i looked into his glowing blue eyes, the most comforting/warm feeling like i knew im all my life... n maybe even before then.!

N for the Hawk, i would have to say he is newly discovered. Right now is a very influential part of my life, so i believe the hawk is here to help me out with "specific" tasks or obstacles that i may need to get through.

juss my 2 centz.! =)

[edit on 8-12-2009 by moondog_0003]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join